IMG_6977 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6979 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6978 (resized).jpeg
20240301_162016 (resized).jpg
20240301_162025 (resized).jpg
20240301_161950 (resized).jpg
20240301_161936 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,547 posts in this topic. You are on page 140 of 191.
#6951 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

It’s mechanical, check the mechanism underneath, it’s likely binding somewhere. Coil may need to be loosened and readjusted or you could have a bad coil sleeve. I’d loosen the coil screws a little and see if the binding goes away, then readjust. Should be an easy fix.

Thanks to all who chimed in. I had to reseat the coil into a different position because it was binding at the factory one. No issues after a day of playing.

#6952 2 years ago

Just got the left orbit spinner to upper flipper ramp combo 2x in a row and it may be the most satisfying shot in pinball.

Has anyone gotten this shot 3x or more in a flow? Man that’s all I have been going for tonight.

#6953 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

Just got the left orbit spinner to upper flipper ramp combo 2x in a row and it may be the most satisfying shot in pinball.
Has anyone gotten this shot 3x or more in a flow? Man that’s all I have been going for tonight.

I’ve done it 3 times in a row once. I typically just drain right after I make that shot. I get so excited I just loose focus and drain. It’s a really fun shot to hit because everyone knows how hard it is to hit.

#6954 2 years ago

Is there a way to adjust the Icarus on a stick? So it will move smooth up and down?

#6955 2 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

Is there a way to adjust the Icarus on a stick? So it will move smooth up and down?

Try the screw at the base of the Icarus.

Merry Christmas to All!

#6956 2 years ago

Take it out. Remove any grease or anything that’s on the stick. Hit the stick with something like nevr-dull to shine it up.

Also use the screw to be sure it’s aligned through the playfield.

#6957 2 years ago

Got that sticker someone earlier recommended on eBay, 5inch, honestly fits perfect and is a subtle but awesome “mod”! Also…don’t know if anyone else has this issue, but the light behind Icarus was always blindingly distracting, swapped it with a red light, huge difference and feels so much better when playing

D9B0EBC3-CF7D-4820-A079-FDEB93733F4D (resized).jpegD9B0EBC3-CF7D-4820-A079-FDEB93733F4D (resized).jpeg
#6958 2 years ago

the screw on top of playfield ,make sure its straight as possible.You can also wax the stick if you want.no jokes

#6959 2 years ago

Trust me on not putting anything on the stick. A good shiny polish is the best remedy

#6960 2 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Trust me on not putting anything on the stick. A good shiny polish is the best remedy

yep ,mine didnt need anything

#6961 2 years ago

There’s a premium on sale on Facebook for 6k. I’d proceed with caution as there is a lack of details on the post but the guy has Facebook posts with comments from others that seem to know him going back years.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/958426214184968/permalink/5252810244746522/

#6962 2 years ago

Yeah 6,500. Somebody should snatch that up. My premium NIB was 7,500 delivered.

#6963 2 years ago

Agreed. Great deal there!

#6964 2 years ago

What's the cure for a sticky apron button? Moves freely when lockdown bar is off.

#6965 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Well, I'm bummed. Wanted to play a few games and my spinner opto isn't working. Entrance and magnet optos are fine, but not the spinner opto. Gotta check the connection, I guess, and then contact Pablo for a replacement if I don't have any luck. No point in playing the game when the EM doesn't work. Anyone else ever see this?

What was your solution when this happened beelzeboob ? My EM mech issue is that the spinner opto isn't working. I can lightly "clean" the optos and it will work for a game then back to no go. In switch test the opto doesn't register until I futz with the opto sensors then it will again temporarily work. This would seem to be a connection issue somewhere. Where do people normally start when debugging a opto that intermittently works?

Thanks in advance all, love this pin. I tell everyone that even though it's not the most original pin design it's like the greatest hits of his pins. You get all the good stuff from his prior pins with excellent code and Spike 2/LCD screen technology.

#6966 2 years ago
Quoted from dtrimberger:

What was your solution when this happened beelzeboob ? My EM mech issue is that the spinner opto isn't working. I can lightly "clean" the optos and it will work for a game then back to no go. In switch test the opto doesn't register until I futz with the opto sensors then it will again temporarily work. This would seem to be a connection issue somewhere. Where do people normally start when debugging a opto that intermittently works?
Thanks in advance all, love this pin. I tell everyone that even though it's not the most original pin design it's like the greatest hits of his pins. You get all the good stuff from his prior pins with excellent code and Spike 2/LCD screen technology.

For me it was just a bad connection after I installed the EM upgrade. Check all your connections underneath the carriage and running from the optos to the wire harness.

#6967 2 years ago
Quoted from Birdman-Pin:

Thanks to all who chimed in. I had to reseat the coil into a different position because it was binding at the factory one. No issues after a day of playing.

I spoke too soon. Sticking flipper came back and after reading more on these forums, I suspected it’s a bad coil stop. Stern support just confirmed and said they need to ship me a new one because mine has mushroomed. This only has like 100-150 plays on it.

#6968 2 years ago
Quoted from Birdman-Pin:

I spoke too soon. Sticking flipper came back and after reading more on these forums, I suspected it’s a bad coil stop. Stern support just confirmed and said they need to ship me a new one because mine has mushroomed. This only has like 100-150 plays on it.

Don't bother putting on the replacement, will have same issue. Pinball life has a direct replacement that will last for years.

#6969 2 years ago

Has anyone had any issues with the “Electric Magic” mechanism not raising all the way? Or staying up at the start of a new game? Any solutions would be appreciated. Thanks.

#6970 2 years ago
Quoted from Hitman51:

Has anyone had any issues with the “Electric Magic” mechanism not raising all the way? Or staying up at the start of a new game? Any solutions would be appreciated. Thanks.

My EM had a fluke issue where it wouldn’t raise at all. Was able to get someone out who services at a local place and he said it somehow was stuck so was able to free it.

In regards to it staying up when starting a new game, did you start a new game when the old one’s “Game Over” was flashing? I thought I previously read in this forum to wait until after that stops flashing before starting a new game so that’s what I’ve been doing and it goes under before the next game’s ball is in play.

#6971 2 years ago

I think I am the exception, I actually enjoy my LZ Premium more than my IM Pro. Must be the music. Just seems to flow a lot better with the game play.

#6972 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I think I am the exception, I actually enjoy my LZ Premium more than my IM Pro. Must be the music. Just seems to flow a lot better with the game play.

I’ve played IM a few times at shows and on location. Honestly I’ve never understood the big deal about it. The shots seemed to me a bit too easy and direct to their targets. But that could just be me.

#6973 2 years ago

Both are great games! Park em' next to each other as they are quite different shooters.

5A6A44D8-8E00-4E70-BD41-83767843AB03 (resized).jpeg5A6A44D8-8E00-4E70-BD41-83767843AB03 (resized).jpeg
#6974 2 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Both are great games! Park em' next to each other as they are quite different shooters.[quoted image]

Would love to park an IM next my Zep.

#6975 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Always level on the playfield, not on the cabinet. Lots of reasons why they might not match. The playfield is what matters.

Agree of course but the PF shows different readings depending on where I put it which is not like any other pins I have had. So I am not sure what true level is. Anyways I feel shots and flow are fine and right ramp backhandable maybe 50% so all good.

#6976 2 years ago
Quoted from Enron64:

Would love to park an IM next my Zep.

something like this

LZIM (resized).JPGLZIM (resized).JPG
#6977 2 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Agree of course but the PF shows different readings depending on where I put it which is not like any other pins I have had. So I am not sure what true level is. Anyways I feel shots and flow are fine and right ramp backhandable maybe 50% so all good.

Most playfields have some minor variation due to warp, wood inconsistency, slight insert levels, etc. But it shouldn't be more than a couple tenths of a degree. Also remember that any slight angle difference in where you set your level can make a difference. If you are seeing large differences, I would discuss with Stern. Otherwise just kind of average it out, putting more emphasis closer to the flippers.

But really, the bottom line is if the shots feel good and you are happy with how it plays, that's all that matters!

#6978 2 years ago

something like this
[quoted image]

That’s a sight to behold! Perfection right there.

#6979 2 years ago

#6980 2 years ago

something like this
[quoted image]

Is that the IM Le backglass? It's awesome.

#6981 2 years ago

Vitty's Definitive Led Zeppelin Ramp Adjustments

Here are the adjustments I made to this game to get the ramps to shoot as smooth as butter. Make these and enjoy a brand new game!

ZeppCenterRampRejectFix1.pngZeppCenterRampRejectFix1.pngZeppCenterRampRejectFix2.pngZeppCenterRampRejectFix2.pngZeppCenterRampRejectFix3.pngZeppCenterRampRejectFix3.pngZeppLeftRampRejectFix.pngZeppLeftRampRejectFix.pngZeppRightRampRattleFix.pngZeppRightRampRattleFix.pngZeppRightRampRattleFix2.pngZeppRightRampRattleFix2.png
#6982 2 years ago

Is it worth updating code? I am on 1.02 on my premium.

D8E2AED2-D77E-4200-8AC8-8626F64FE24E (resized).jpegD8E2AED2-D77E-4200-8AC8-8626F64FE24E (resized).jpeg
#6983 2 years ago
Quoted from briyau15:

In regards to it staying up when starting a new game, did you start a new game when the old one’s “Game Over” was flashing? I thought I previously read in this forum to wait until after that stops flashing before starting a new game so that’s what I’ve been doing and it goes under before the next game’s ball is in play.

Still stays up after game over.

#6984 2 years ago
Quoted from Hitman51:

Still stays up after game over.

Just to piggy back on what others have said: The EM is supposed to stay up in attract mode. Normally, if you walk up and start a game, it will lower to begin the game. BUT...as was said before, if you start a game before the bonus screen has complete and it's resumed attract mode, it will stay up until you hit a ramp or hole to keep the ball from doing any damage to the EM mech or plastics...as was the problem with the early code.

#6985 2 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

[quoted image]

Always!

#6986 2 years ago

Has anyone installed the cointaker back box for this table yet? i'm contemplating it...but would love to see what it looks like...

#6987 2 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

[quoted image]

Very nice! Where did you get that awesome translite?

#6988 2 years ago

Seeing that the Rush pin will have around 17 songs, do you think we may see a code update for LZ, with an additional couple of tracks? Maybe tied into a mini wizard mode
10 tracks on LZ is nice, though the greatest band ever could be utilised a little more

#6989 2 years ago
Quoted from Hawks:

Seeing that the Rush pin will have around 17 songs, do you think we may see a code update for LZ, with an additional couple of tracks? Maybe tied into a mini wizard mode
10 tracks on LZ is nice, though the greatest band ever could be utilised a little more

I am pretty sure we have offered to pay for an upgrade like that,not likely

#6990 2 years ago
Quoted from Hawks:

Would love to see this even as DLC we have to pay for.

If you make it to a wizard mode you should not be rockin out to the 10 songs you just hear over the previous 30 minutes.

Come on Stern get us some dazed and confused!

#6991 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

If you make it to a wizard mode you should not be rockin out to the 10 songs you just hear over the previous 30 minutes!

Well, there's something I never have to worry about.

#6992 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Well, there's something I never have to worry about.

We all get lucky and fortunately there a multiple wizard modes in this one so never say never!

#6993 2 years ago

Can you be more specific on what you're adjusting in Right ramp fix where you drop the upper transition rear downwards? I'm not at my game but having a hard time visualizing.

#6994 2 years ago

Here is another shot of the left side of the right ramp to show it.

FAE5007A-6231-4074-A684-53408BA9549C.jpegFAE5007A-6231-4074-A684-53408BA9549C.jpeg
#6995 2 years ago

#6996 2 years ago

Anyone know where I can find the Big Ben mod?

#6998 2 years ago

#6999 2 years ago

Excellent, thx very much

#7000 2 years ago

Hey, it’s post 7k
One year of ownership and still loving my Le

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
There are 9,547 posts in this topic. You are on page 140 of 191.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/140?hl=hawks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.