20221112_102121 (resized).jpg
20221112_115345 (resized).jpg
20210319_212153 (resized).jpg
IMG_4768 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4769 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4772 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4777 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,638 posts in this topic. You are on page 136 of 193.
#6751 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

If anyone has a Stern topper they are looking to sell, please PM me. Have US address for shipping purposes. Will buy new from a distributor as well. Thanks for the help!

I ordered one in late July and still haven’t received it. I think there was supposed to be an August run that never happened due to parts shortages.

#6752 2 years ago

Thanks for the new translite TheDarknight!

Looks so much better!!!

078B47CF-E05D-4179-99E5-4D48B3A5FC85 (resized).jpeg078B47CF-E05D-4179-99E5-4D48B3A5FC85 (resized).jpeg
#6753 2 years ago
Quoted from shlt_thunder:

I ordered one in late July and still haven’t received it. I think there was supposed to be an August run that never happened due to parts shortages.

My buddy in Dallas has been waiting since March, I've been waiting on mine since April
Last I heard there was suppose a run in July and October, not sure if that happened.

#6754 2 years ago

Anyone ever have the issue where balls are getting stuck under the Zeppelin? I've got a pro on location and it keeps happening.

#6755 2 years ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

Anyone ever have the issue where balls are getting stuck under the Zeppelin? I've got a pro on location and it keeps happening.

How early is your machine? Pre June 2021?
There is a clear plastic added there now to prevent that ball trap.
I just emailed a month ago and got the add on plastic and instructions.

#6756 2 years ago

We just unboxed it last month.
20211204_185603.jpg20211204_185603.jpg

#6757 2 years ago

We just unboxed it last month.
[quoted image]

Humm, well that's it.(the zep clear plastic)
So, is it still getting under there?

#6758 2 years ago

Are the metal tabs/brackets that hold the spinner in place loose? I had that issue on a game I just unboxed. The brackets that hold the spinner were loose. I tightened them, and that seemed to solve the issue.

It did snug down a bit, hopefully it will do the trick. Thanks!

#6759 2 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Humm, well that's it.(the zep clear plastic)
So, is it still getting under there?

Unfortunately, yes. Quite frequently.

#6761 2 years ago

Has anyone heard from Stern about when the fix for the latest upgrade will be coming? Thanks

#6762 2 years ago
Quoted from feedthebiscuit:

Has anyone heard from Stern about when the fix for the latest upgrade will be coming? Thanks

I haven't heard, but BK was just fixed, which is also a Tim game. Assuming he's the one coding these fixes, I hope that means now that BK is done, LZ will be next shortly. Then again I'm sure he's working on something new as well, so who knows. Of course if someone else is actually doing the updates, that logic doesn't help, LOL.

#6763 2 years ago

Had to self repair my topper spot lights last night. Cable cut itself right at the sleeve connection on the right light. Simple fix took maybe 30 min. I can’t believe it took me so long to realize it wasn’t the code messing up my lights after all as it was only happening in a certain position. .

#6765 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

Had to self repair my topper spot lights last night. Cable cut itself right at the sleeve connection on the right light. Simple fix took maybe 30 min. I can’t believe it took me so long to realize it wasn’t the code messing up my lights after all as it was only happening in a certain position. .

Pics? Might help prevent it happening to others

#6766 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Pics? Might help prevent it happening to others

Looking at it it’s pulling apart but hasn’t lost connection. Will have to add some wire it looks like.

604A6A63-40E9-4C3F-ACCB-B12F96143FAD (resized).jpeg604A6A63-40E9-4C3F-ACCB-B12F96143FAD (resized).jpeg
#6767 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

Looking at it it’s pulling apart but hasn’t lost connection. Will have to add some wire it looks like.
[quoted image]

didnt someone else post about the short or broken wire issue on an earlier post with photos ?I think after returning the topper to stern and trying to solve this issue for months.Easy fix but something stern should have found.

#6768 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

didnt someone else post about the short or broken wire issue on an earlier post with photos ?I think after returning the topper to stern and trying to solve this issue for months.Easy fix but something stern should have found.

It’s easy to take the LED out and fix it I wouldn’t send the whole topper back just the part maybe.

I did just notice a new issue hadn’t realized but whenever I trigger right flipper my back glass lighting cuts out every time for a quick second.

Is that a common thing? Haven’t noticed it effect anything but seems like could be a short or loose connection??

I do have a Big Ben mod only thing I’ve added electrical may need to get glass off and start messing around. That’s where I’ll start but interested to see if someone has seen it before

#6769 2 years ago

Unfortunately, yes. Quite frequently.

I just put a sling rubber over the posts, and there’s no way a ball is going to get stuck there now. But it may not be the prettiest of fixes…

#6770 2 years ago

So, more than a week later, and the broken code is still up on Stern's site?

#6771 2 years ago

So, more than a week later, and the broken code is still up on Stern's site?

Yeah. I thought for sure when BKSOR fixes came out last week LZ would drop with it. I can’t imagine the fix is hard to just put EM MB back to how it was.

#6772 2 years ago

If anyone wants me to change some of the songs on the premium code, if you can provide me with the previous code that works in Pinball Browser, I can help with the changes. Thanks.

#6773 2 years ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:So, more than a week later, and the broken code is still up on Stern's site?

Never did the update for the latest one - Hoping it’s next in line to get fixed - maybe this week?! I have my first 1 billion game scheduled to hit very soon and I wanna do it with the latest code!

#6774 2 years ago

Finally broke my high score of 1 335 000 000!!

Just scored 1 562 226 670... still haven't completed all ten songs. 1 frenzy ,1 mothership multiball,1 world tour.

#6775 2 years ago

I have owned 4 new sterns, so this is nothing new to me. The ball guides don’t have washers and I have been watching to see if any clear was starting to get scraped. Noticed tonight that it is, but no damage yet. I have had to ad Mylar and washers to deadpool and mando so far. My question is has anyone done this and is there any tips to make it go smooth?Looks like I have to take quit a bit of things apart to get at that area.

CA5E01C2-273B-4EAC-A7A9-5E2FDA91F2ED (resized).jpegCA5E01C2-273B-4EAC-A7A9-5E2FDA91F2ED (resized).jpeg
#6776 2 years ago
Quoted from Enron64:

I have owned 4 new sterns, so this is nothing new to me. The ball guides don’t have washers and I have been watching to see if any clear was starting to get scraped. Noticed tonight that it is, but no damage yet. I have had to ad Mylar and washers to deadpool and mando so far. My question is has anyone done this and is there any tips to make it go smooth?Looks like I have to take quit a bit of things apart to get at that area.
[quoted image]

I'm struggling to locate the "issues" in this massive, close up photo...so maybe it's not really a problem?

My clear looks perfect after a year but then I'm not actively looking for trouble either.

#6777 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm struggling to locate the "issues" in this massive, close up photo...so maybe it's not really a problem?
My clear looks perfect after a year but then I'm not actively looking for trouble either.

It’s not a problem yet but it has the same makings as the deadpool katana ramp entrance and the mando horseshoe. On both of those the ball guides had no washers and dug into the clear. On deadpool it chipped the playfield and removed paint. On mando some of the clear was scraping off but I saw others on pinside who had it chip on there mando just like my deadpool. This is very premature and it’s not visible from the photo. I agree not an issue at the moment. If I hadn’t had the experience I had with DP I would probably just let it ride. DP chipped within a month and mando was showing signs a couple months in.

#6778 2 years ago
Quoted from Enron64:

It’s not a problem yet but it has the same makings as the deadpool katana ramp entrance and the mando horseshoe. On both of those the ball guides had no washers and dug into the clear. On deadpool it chipped the playfield and removed paint. On mando some of the clear was scraping off but I saw others on pinside who had it chip on there mando just like my deadpool. This is very premature and it’s not visible from the photo. I agree not an issue at the moment. If I hadn’t had the experience I had with DP I would probably just let it ride. DP chipped within a month and mando was showing signs a couple months in.

Isn't the problem more or less when there's art under the area, and the art pulls up? There's no art there, so I'm assuming it will be fine.

#6779 2 years ago

Isn't the problem more or less when there's art under the area, and the art pulls up? There's no art there, so I'm assuming it will be fine.

It's definitely better that there is no art under it. But the clear will chip away. Whether or not that is really a problem is up to each individual. It's definitely not as noticeable as when there is art. My biggest worry would be if once the clear is chipped, if the chip will keep getting bigger until it is into the art. I have no idea if that will happen or not though. Either way, that playfield is definitely already dented under that, and likely was since day 1 when it was tightened. So if you put a washer under it, you'll still see the dent. Screwed either way, LOL.

#6780 2 years ago

whenever I trigger right flipper my back glass lighting cuts out/dims every flick for a quick second.
Is that a common thing? Haven’t noticed it effect anything but seems like could be a short or loose connection??

Ok been messing a little bit can’t tell if anything is loose or where to check but when I do a half button push on the right flipper to only activate the lower flipper it doesn’t do it and if I wait and activate the hard press it doesn’t flicker but when I do a quick full press activating both it does it. Does anyone else’s do this?

#6781 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

It's definitely better that there is no art under it. But the clear will chip away. Whether or not that is really a problem is up to each individual. It's definitely not as noticeable as when there is art. My biggest worry would be if once the clear is chipped, if the chip will keep getting bigger until it is into the art. I have no idea if that will happen or not though. Either way, that playfield is definitely already dented under that, and likely was since day 1 when it was tightened. So if you put a washer under it, you'll still see the dent. Screwed either way, LOL.

You are on the same train of thought as I am. My concern is that the chip spreads over time. I intend on having this game long term as It’s amazing. I figure for the money it cost that it’s not a big deal to put in a bit of time and use some Mylar and a washer to stop a possible issue from ever occurring. I got it apart last night. Wasn’t bad at all.

#6782 2 years ago

So this recently happened to my AC/DC…I’m not taking chances and will be adding the washers to the guides. I know it’s not apples to apples, but I’m going with ounce of preventative vs pound of penance.

22CDDD16-2734-41D3-9504-D773FD1145B6 (resized).jpeg22CDDD16-2734-41D3-9504-D773FD1145B6 (resized).jpeg
#6783 2 years ago

Just overcame a goal I’ve been working on for like 3 months. Breaking 200 mil. I’ve been close a couple of times but never got there. I was just about to start Frenzy and had tour 2 ready to start. I know it’s a lot of people’s score on any given Tuesday but I’m feeling great about it. Now on to 300 mil.

499AD966-885F-41C9-999E-7DAA49CC6D99 (resized).jpeg499AD966-885F-41C9-999E-7DAA49CC6D99 (resized).jpeg
#6784 2 years ago

Well I was in the zone and my cousin couldn’t Stop calling my cellphone about our lunch meeting while it was in my pocket. 3 calls and a text and it Totally screwed me up in the end but I did hit a new GC score of 450million!

Seems I can never get a game in without being interrupted by something. Someone knocking on the door, phone calls, dog, kids, wife. How can I ever get 100 billion with all these distractions!!!!

Also there is nothing more satisfying than starting a game off and hitting the skill shot -> upper flipper -> Upper Flipper Ramp -> lower right flipper -> Eject and starting your tour mode in one smooth move before you even lose ballsaver.
I can’t get it often but man this game shoots so freaking tight!

#6785 2 years ago

Any idea if Stern is going to fix the EM
Multiball?

Definitely not as fun at the moment

#6786 2 years ago

Gotta say, at least for me, that getting to EM Frenzy is key and that’s where the points really start piling on. I’ve only gotten the EM Frenzy a handlful of times but when you do, it’s amazing! gotta keep it going for a bit. I’ve also been starting to try and activate the Icarus multiplier right before key moments. When I started going this route and really trying for the EM frenzy, I saw my high scores double and then soon triple. Still a tad shy of 1B but I’ll get there soon.

#6787 2 years ago

8VZ3BIZX

Just overcame a goal I’ve been working on for like 3 months. Breaking 200 mil. I’ve been close a couple of times but never got there. I was just about to start Frenzy and had tour 2 ready to start. I know it’s a lot of people’s score on any given Tuesday but I’m feeling great about it. Now on to 300 mil.
[quoted image]

..Way to go, I've been working on that same goal for 6 months...not there yet.

#6788 2 years ago

OK so now we all know your wi-fi password!

#6789 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

Well I was in the zone and my cousin couldn’t Stop calling my cellphone about our lunch meeting while it was in my pocket. 3 calls and a text and it Totally screwed me up in the end but I did hit a new GC score of 450billion!
Seems I can never get a game in without being interrupted by something. Someone knocking on the door, phone calls, dog, kids, wife. How can I ever get 100 billion with all these distractions!!!!
Also there is nothing more satisfying than starting a game off and hitting the skill shot -> upper flipper -> Upper Flipper Ramp -> lower right flipper -> Eject and starting your tour mode in one smooth move before you even lose ballsaver.
I can’t get it often but man this game shoots so freaking tight!

450 BILLION?

Now that’s a solid score. I’ve been very happy when I pass a mere one billion

#6790 2 years ago
Quoted from Chambo:

450 BILLION?
Now that’s a solid score. I’ve been very happy when I pass a mere one billion

I meant million. ☹️

I forgot it’s millions.

#6791 2 years ago
4D4E7E9D-C319-476C-8D4C-97F4097632A3 (resized).png4D4E7E9D-C319-476C-8D4C-97F4097632A3 (resized).png
#6792 2 years ago

Less than 24 hours later I shattered my 300 mil goal that I thought might take months. I guess I’m on to 400 mil now? Funny how I did this in just a couple of hours but played like absolute dog shit in my league tonight.

A984257C-5E93-48C4-A18D-7A118D0D6F95 (resized).jpegA984257C-5E93-48C4-A18D-7A118D0D6F95 (resized).jpeg
#6793 2 years ago

Nice high score, I’m still trying to crack 500m after 700 plays. Seems like I need to focus on getting EM Frenzy instead of the Zep multi-balls. All settings are factory with no mods/waxing so still haven’t mastered the backhand right ramp which seems crucial later on, which is why I lean heavily on the Zep ramp multiball. Also need to be more strategic and switch songs when qualified as I’ve only gotten the Mothership only one time.

For those who purchased toppers how does the timing work? Meaning is it like furniture where they don’t charge your card until it is shipped or is it charged at time of purchase? I don’t like the thought of paying up front and its delayed by 6 months and not having the cash available.

Anyone who bought and received the topper have buyer’s remorse? It would be my first one and I’m torn due to the price and the fact it may lead me down a rabbit whole where I’d then need toppers for any other machine I may have/get.

#6794 2 years ago
Quoted from briyau15:

Nice high score, I’m still trying to crack 500m after 700 plays. Seems like I need to focus on getting EM Frenzy instead of the Zep multi-balls. All settings are factory with no mods/waxing so still haven’t mastered the backhand right ramp which seems crucial later on, which is why I lean heavily on the Zep ramp multiball. Also need to be more strategic and switch songs when qualified as I’ve only gotten the Mothership only one time.
For those who purchased toppers how does the timing work? Meaning is it like furniture where they don’t charge your card until it is shipped or is it charged at time of purchase? I don’t like the thought of paying up front and its delayed by 6 months and not having the cash available.
Anyone who bought and received the topper have buyer’s remorse? It would be my first one and I’m torn due to the price and the fact it may lead me down a rabbit whole where I’d then need toppers for any other machine I may have/get.

It's my first new pin so I went all in (side armor, crazy large shooter knob, shaker, topper, mods etc.). I do wish i got the LE in retrospect but then I would want all my future pins to be LE as well. Just OCD I suppose but I understand your thinking!

I settled on a premium with full mods and topper. Do i regret the topper?.. for me no. With the new translite it looks even better now on my premium but it definitely was made for the LE's. Most people will not even notice the topper though either way and it doesn't add anything much to the game really but I do like the little additional light show for Icarus mode where the lights just go non stop.. and I like that my pin is fully kitted out.

It's really in the end a money justification. Do you want to spend $800+ for a little additional eye candy?

#6795 2 years ago

Yeah, I’m with you on the whole OCD thing and trying to get everything to make it look “complete”. Probably because I lucked into getting an LE and only have 3 pins total. I feel the topper would make the look more complete but then it would have me strongly consider getting a TMNT one, which is the other recent pin I have. But then i think about long term and if I go topper heavy then the opportunity cost of toppers could have been used towards another pin, but maybe not given these price increases. Decisions, decisions...

#6796 2 years ago
Quoted from briyau15:

For time it likely depends on the source. My distributer invoiced me when they got it in.

#6797 2 years ago
Quoted from briyau15:

On both of my 3rd ball drains Frenzy was ready to go. I’ve madd it to Frenzy a few times but had I gotten it this game I’d bet I’d pass 350 mil at least if not 4. It is what it is. I know I had a well played Icarus at 11.1x during a Zep Multiball and that added about 100 mil to my score alone.

#6798 2 years ago

On both of my 3rd ball drains Frenzy was ready to go. I’ve madd it to Frenzy a few times but had I gotten it this game I’d bet I’d pass 350 mil at least if not 4. It is what it is. I know I had a well played Icarus at 11.1x during a Zep Multiball and that added about 100 mil to my score alone.

I really love how consistent the scoring/skill level it is. I had a Deadpool for awhile and I would vary so widely in scores between games. Zep is a lot different in that regard.

When I started playing I averaged 25-75mil now I’m averaging 200mil each game and I can see I’m starting to get into the 400-500mil zone now with my last few games.

#6799 2 years ago

Might have found another bug tied to the EM Multiball. This has happened 3 times now. Ball released out of EM drain sdtm with shoot again still flashing and no ball save. First time was a honest drain as I wasn’t paying attention but when I didn’t get my ball back I did it twice more intentionally and same, no ball save.

Anyone else see this behavior?

#6800 2 years ago

Got my new back glass today. Looks awesome, Thanks TheDarknight.

5E13C2B7-E5FE-46D8-90B8-07644E8EBE2C (resized).jpeg5E13C2B7-E5FE-46D8-90B8-07644E8EBE2C (resized).jpeg94E3A600-0E5A-49C8-B2E5-298A55C92886 (resized).jpeg94E3A600-0E5A-49C8-B2E5-298A55C92886 (resized).jpegD77BF999-D052-4DB3-B489-2FDD219B9A60 (resized).jpegD77BF999-D052-4DB3-B489-2FDD219B9A60 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 65.99
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

4,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

5,286 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, IN
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 9,638 posts in this topic. You are on page 136 of 193.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/136?hl=txcoastal1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.