IMG_4772 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4777 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4775 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4776 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
shooter (resized).jpg
20240301_161950 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,617 posts in this topic. You are on page 133 of 193.
#6601 2 years ago

A quick upward nudge will usually get it to detect if the EM goes down and nothing starts happening. However, we are still waiting for this to be fixed in code at least as an option, and our seizure light show COME ON TIM don't be new dwight.

#6602 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

A quick upward nudge will usually get it to detect if the EM goes down and nothing starts happening. However, we are still waiting for this to be fixed in code at least as an option

I don't think it can be "fixed in code." There's a reason that switch is there - I forgot exactly why but there's a good reason. It's a mechanical issue, not a code issue.

The "quick nudge" is freeing the ball from the spinner and then it's falling down to activate the switch. Like I said, putting some fresh silicon lube on the spinner points and making sure it's spinning freely should fix it - I never had this problem and it's started to develop and get worse slowly. Now that I know how it works it should be an easy fix.

Going to lube the spinner, and also clean the ball surface area on the EM spinner, neither of which I've done in the months I've had it.

#6603 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Talking with some of the folks who designed the EM spinner mech, the reason the mech isn't registering a locked ball sometimes is because it's stuck on the spinner, literally. Nothing is blocking an opto or anything which seemed to be the old conventional wisdom.

On mine the spinner starts out completely vertical (what you want for it to not stop the ball from rolling back) but when the magnet energizes to capture the ball, it seems the magnetism is pulling the spinner backwards towards the ball, so it gets in contact with the ball and can then prevent it from rolling back.

#6604 2 years ago
Quoted from andre060:

On mine the spinner starts out completely vertical (what you want for it to not stop the ball from rolling back) but when the magnet energizes to capture the ball, it seems the magnetism is pulling the spinner backwards towards the ball, so it gets in contact with the ball and can then prevent it from rolling back.

I'll add one more thing - the angle at which the spinner gets pulled back and contacts the ball matters. When it gets stuck, the spinner seems to be contacting the ball at a very square angle, so even if the spinner is very free to spin, it still takes a nudge to dislodge the ball.

#6605 2 years ago

My ball does a thing where it kind of moves back and forth while the magnet has it. I’ve been told it’s not supposed to do that and that it may have to do with the magnet strength but I personally think it’s kind of neat looking. Wonder if it helps keep the spinner free and make sure the ball is registering.

#6606 2 years ago
Quoted from Hipponotic:

Also - order for highest scores: orbit, lanes, spinner then ALWAYS last bumpers (most balls for the highest score, and combined with Icarus …you can get 100 million on your jackpots)

I’d like to understand this better. Are you talking about tour modes, or just shots in general? Congrats on the stratospheric score BTW - I’m still chasing 1B.

#6607 2 years ago

It could totally be fixed in code. If the EM is successfully lowered and no other switches are detected within a few seconds assume it has the ball. Could even kill the flippers at this time and have a 99% chance that a ball that was detected to be captured, had the EM successfully lower (not stuck in the mech), would drain in the assigned time period. Even if instead of a ball search it fired a few coils at the same time, or did every ball search once without raising the EM, then assume it has it... tons of ways to work around it.

After one of the few times I got my spinner arms all lined up nice it seemed to stop happening for me but it was disappointing to know people were having the issue with an on location game.

#6608 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I’d like to understand this better. Are you talking about tour modes, or just shots in general? Congrats on the stratospheric score BTW - I’m still chasing 1B.

Tours.
1st - 1971 - orbits
2nd - 1975 - ramps
3rd - earls court - switches
4th - 1977 - bumpers

Those are the first items for each tour.

Song list order can get tricky, but if you do the tours in that list, the additional ball to each multiball adds value, but specifically on the bumpers…the most balls wanted for that one since everything adds to the jackpot shot. hope that helps!!

#6609 2 years ago
Quoted from Hipponotic:

Tours.
1st - 1971 - orbits
2nd - 1975 - ramps
3rd - earls court - switches
4th - 1977 - bumpers
Those are the first items for each tour.
Song list order can get tricky, but if you do the tours in that list, the additional ball to each multiball adds value, but specifically on the bumpers…the most balls wanted for that one since everything adds to the jackpot shot. hope that helps!!

Thanks for sharing.

#6610 2 years ago

Haven't turned my LZLE on for a month or so. Turned it on tonight, went to get a drink, came back to a frozen high score screen and no lights. One erroneous boot up isn't super unusual for any modern pin, but I made sure to watch it next power up. Screen turned on but stayed dark, no lights, just frozen. Third time was a charm though, booted up as normal, played a few games, everything worked as expected. No alerts in the service menu.

Like I said, one bad power up happens sometimes, but two in a row makes me wonder. Going to reseat cables tomorrow, anything else to keep an eye out for?

#6611 2 years ago

EM mech: is your metal surround exactly level with the playfield, or is it a tiny bit lower in the front? My EM mech is completely level with the metal surround, but the metal surround is an almost insignificant amount lower than the playfield in the front. My spinner worked loose again and this is the only place that isn't dead flat, but it also shouldn't be causing the ball to hit the spinner significantly high. It's the new mech with the flat sided spinner bracket. Anybody have any pro tips?

#6612 2 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Haven't turned my LZLE on for a month or so. Turned it on tonight, went to get a drink, came back to a frozen high score screen and no lights. One erroneous boot up isn't super unusual for any modern pin, but I made sure to watch it next power up. Screen turned on but stayed dark, no lights, just frozen. Third time was a charm though, booted up as normal, played a few games, everything worked as expected. No alerts in the service menu.
Like I said, one bad power up happens sometimes, but two in a row makes me wonder. Going to reseat cables tomorrow, anything else to keep an eye out for?

I get this every now and then. It has never failed to correct itself. Are you running the latest version of code? V.1.05
https://sternpinball.com/support/game-code/

#6613 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I get this every now and then. It has never failed to correct itself. Are you running the latest version of code? V.1.05
https://sternpinball.com/support/game-code/

I am, yes. Sounds like you're still getting it on 1.05 as well? I guess it's just one of those things, happens on my Rick & Morty a fair amount as well. How often does it happen to you on LZ and what are most times you've had to turn it on/off before it booted up properly? Just want to compare notes, so to speak, as I'm not sure this machine is getting many (any?) code updates in the future.

#6614 2 years ago

Im on 1.02 and my game gets stuck on the load screen about 50 percent of the time. Not sure if it’s a known problem or not

#6615 2 years ago
Quoted from shlt_thunder:

Im on 1.02 and my game gets stuck on the load screen about 50 percent of the time. Not sure if it’s a known problem or not

never happened here

#6616 2 years ago

In over 1600 games, only a few times that it took more than one power cycle to boot up. I don't think I've had it on the latest code, but can't swear to it. It was definitely more common on earlier code for me.

#6617 2 years ago

Was on an epic run (for me) last night. Came so close to breaking my goal of 500m. On my 3rd ball, I Had 21x Icarus going and I just started EM frenzy so my score COULD HAVE been F’n insane - but I drained as my nerves got me haha. Still got my best score ever of 476m (up from 375). Man it was a blast!!!

#6618 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Was on an epic run (for me) last night. Came so close to breaking my goal of 500m. On my 3rd ball, I Had 21x Icarus going and I just started EM frenzy so my score COULD HAVE been F’n insane - but I drained as my nerves got me haha. Still got my best score ever of 476m (up from 375). Man it was a blast!!!

Congrats! You're ahead of me! My best is still 330. I like that the skill factor is so necessary for this game, there's really no "cheating" it like some others, though I've seen some 4-5 billion point games so maybe there is some kinda trick here but man I'm pretty steady at 200-300 mil every game but improving every day!

#6619 2 years ago

For those of you with a Pinwoofer kit, and that also hooked up an external subwoofer, how did you do it? How did you hook up the external subwoofer with the Pinwoofer kit installed?

#6620 2 years ago

#6622 2 years ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

For those of you with a Pinwoofer kit, and that also hooked up an external subwoofer, how did you do it? How did you hook up the external subwoofer with the Pinwoofer kit installed?

Pinwoofer sells a cable so you can adjust sub volume from the coin door I think,or the wires connected directly to your cab speaker.

#6623 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

never happened here

Yeah for what my meager $0.02 is worth, mine shipped with 1.04, I upgraded to 1.05 a few days later, and in maybe 600-700 games I've never had it freeze or any trouble booting (yet, knock on wood). If I had, I might suspect an SD card issue but who knows.

#6624 2 years ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

Hey NickBuffaloPinball !

The only external stuff we plan to offer is in support of the PinWoofer Amp and we currently have a solution at the link below:

https://pinwoofer.com/pinwoofer-line-trimmer/

You've talked about PinWoofer in the stream quite a bit so I'll send you a unit + cables to play with.

This "Line Trimmer" gadget is for the GT Amplifier which has a studio / pro level out (+4dBu) so there's tons of drive for your sub and you can control the volume at the coin door location. This applies to all platforms (Spike, JJP, etc.).

+For the KO Amplifier on Spike-2 you can use the consumer line out (-10dBV) from the provided Line Out Board, but I would not recommend the Line Trimmer for this combination because you'll likely end up max-ing out the control to achieve adequate drive, so there's no point.

++I've been meaning to comment on JJP having seen some recent discussion to split the motherboard headphone audio to drive both the Factory Amp Card AND an external. A couple of problems; the track levels are highly attenuated to keep things clean and there are also some impedance matching issues when trying to split. As a consequence, there's not enough drive to supply both the Factory Amp Card AND a split to an external device. (Disclaimer - "generally speaking".)

We'll likely offer a solution to + and ++ that provides a pro level output in the future.

Good times!

GT - LO Use Model (resized).jpgGT - LO Use Model (resized).jpg
#6625 2 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

Hey NickBuffaloPinball !
The only external stuff we plan to offer is in support of the PinWoofer Amp and we currently have a solution at the link below:
https://pinwoofer.com/pinwoofer-line-trimmer/
You've talked about PinWoofer in the stream quite a bit so I'll send you a unit + cables to play with.
This "Line Trimmer" gadget is for the GT Amplifier which has a studio / pro level out (+4dBu) so there's tons of drive for your sub and you can control the volume at the coin door location. This applies to all platforms (Spike, JJP, etc.).
+For the KO Amplifier on Spike-2 you can use the consumer line out (-10dBV) from the provided Line Out Board, but I would not recommend the Line Trimmer for this combination because you'll likely end up max-ing out the control to achieve adequate drive, so there's no point.
++I've been meaning to comment on JJP having seen some recent discussion to split the motherboard headphone audio to drive both the Factory Amp Card AND an external. A couple of problems; the track levels are highly attenuated to keep things clean and there are also some impedance matching issues when trying to split. As a consequence, there's not enough drive to supply both the Factory Amp Card AND a split to an external device. (Disclaimer - "generally speaking".)
We'll likely offer a solution to + and ++ that provides a pro level output in the future.
Good times!
[quoted image]

Cant wait to see your solution!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#6626 2 years ago

Can someone refresh my memory on what qualified the green shots(tour mb) on previous code?

Green arrows seem to be active from the start to select mb on this latest code. Just donned on me that it seems much easier.

#6627 2 years ago

Got to the world tour for the first time tonight after like 900 games, woo! The more I play LZ the more I love it.

#6628 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Can someone refresh my memory on what qualified the green shots(tour mb) on previous code?
Green arrows seem to be active from the start to select mb on this latest code. Just donned on me that it seems much easier.

It's the right ramp. Number of right ramps to qualify Tours is adjustable in the menu.

#6629 2 years ago

Default is no ramps for the first one, then one, then two, then three.

#6630 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Default is no ramps for the first one, then one, then two, then three.

Ok that’s what I was looking for, seems easier with this last update.

#6631 2 years ago

Renting a pro for 3 months starting today.

I've read all of the reviews, seen all of the videos. I get that the playfield is pretty bare and the third flipper flips to nothing, but it still looks like it will be fun to play.

Besides, it seems pretty simple and my grandson may enjoy it more than my Mando pro, which is difficult for him to play.

#6632 2 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

I've read all of the reviews, seen all of the videos. I get that the playfield is pretty bare and the third flipper flips to nothing, but it still looks like it will be fun to play.
Besides, it seems pretty simple and my grandson may enjoy it more than my Mando pro, which is difficult for him to play.

I think it’s a very fun game and underrated. I honestly enjoy it more than my AIQ and will sell avengers before I sold LZ. It’s fun to shoot and I really enjoy the rules.

#6633 2 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Funny, sold LZ thinking Mando would please the horde at home. No dice and wish I had one back.
Simple was better for me too.
Hope he enjoys the pin!

#6634 2 years ago

I basically bought mine blind and have no regrets. I only have 3 pins total but this is the only one I’ve basically played since obtaining. Will never look to depart with it.

Any updates on what, if any, additional song may be added to account for the “?”? I’m nowhere close to qualifying but like to daydream what other song may be added. I know people have already pitched for Stairway. Read other music pins added more than 1 so would be cool if they add like 6 ther songs or even another LZ pin! But I’ll stay out of reality and Stairway aside will keep dreaming there will be another way to play The Ocean, Fool in the Rain, How Many More Times, Achilles Last Stand and Over the Hills and Far Away.

#6635 2 years ago

Just wanted to give a shout out to John at Space Coast Pinball. I went to the Florida Free-Play this weekend and I forgot to buy the LED ZEPPELIN GUITAR MOD DIVERTER MECH COVER before I went. John was nice enough to bring one to the show for me.
Installed it as soon as I got home and it looks sweet. Super easy install even for someone who is un-handy like me. Once you look at the diverter and how bare it looks, you have to do something about it and their guitar mod is perfect.

#6636 2 years ago

So close to my 500m goal and I blew it

DCEB913A-EBE1-48F7-AE07-5F7A6D08779F (resized).jpegDCEB913A-EBE1-48F7-AE07-5F7A6D08779F (resized).jpeg
#6637 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Funny, sold LZ thinking Mando would please the horde at home. No dice and wish I had one back.
Simple was better for me too.
Hope he enjoys the pin!

I'm a big star wars fan and I backed out on mando. It's an average pin at best. Not very swcinsoring either. Zeppelin is a funner game. I prefer the pro vs electric magic stuff.

#6638 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

Got to the world tour for the first time tonight after like 900 games, woo! The more I play LZ the more I love it.

What kind of scores are you guys getting when you hit some of these modes? My high is ~765M and I've never seen world tour, never seen top of the charts. I managed to qualify the Mothership mb once but drained before I could hit the top lock again. I know score doesn't trigger these modes, but I'm wondering if I need to change up the way I'm playing.

#6639 2 years ago
Quoted from Killtacular:

What kind of scores are you guys getting when you hit some of these modes? My high is ~765M and I've never seen world tour, never seen top of the charts. I managed to qualify the Mothership mb once but drained before I could hit the top lock again. I know score doesn't trigger these modes, but I'm wondering if I need to change up the way I'm playing.

http://tiltforums.com/t/led-zeppelin-rulesheet/6878

That will help your score and understanding out a lot. Give it a read.

#6640 2 years ago

Should every song shot be awarding a gold record?

#6641 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Should every song shot be awarding a gold record?

Short answer, no. Song shots yield "sales", when you cross certain thresholds of sales, that's when a gold record will be awarded.

#6642 2 years ago

Thanks. I've been very confused as to why it seems to be quite random.

#6643 2 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

So last night I played about a dozen games on the pro. Gotta admit....my expectations were low because of all the talk.

Right after I finished my first game, I had a huge smile on my face and said "Wow...that was fun!". Haven't enjoyed a game that much in awhile.

It's nice to play a simple game with tons of flow. Could it have had more on the playfield? Sure. But I have to admit, I'm enjoying it the way it is.

#6644 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Thanks. I've been very confused as to why it seems to be quite random.

It's not really random. The length of the songs varies greatly. So record sales are based off of the length of the song. There are other factors as well. But basically, they wanted it to be equally difficult to get 10 gold records on Immigrant Song as it is on Song Remains the Same.

So on short songs you might find you are earning a gold record every two or three shots. On very long songs you might get a gold record every 4-5 shots.

#6645 2 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

So last night I played about a dozen games on the pro. Gotta admit....my expectations were low because of all the talk.
Right after I finished my first game, I had a huge smile on my face and said "Wow...that was fun!". Haven't enjoyed a game that much in awhile.
It's nice to play a simple game with tons of flow. Could it have had more on the playfield? Sure. But I have to admit, I'm enjoying it the way it is.

I love the pro but I think that’s where the EM spinner just pushes it over the edge for me. It’s easily one of the best toys in pinball. Up there with the AFM ufo or castle in MM for me.

#6646 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

I love the pro but I think that’s where the EM spinner just pushes it over the edge for me. It’s easily one of the best toys in pinball. Up there with the AFM ufo or castle in MM for me.

Totally agree...the EM is one of my favorite pinball toys, and definitely one of the best spinners ever. And that side ramp, while insanely tough to hit, is super satisfying. I've actually never played a pro, and I'm sure I would still enjoy it, but to me this is one machine where the premium bump is completely justified. Even more so when you factor in the crazy lightshow (yes, available on the pro, but included on prem/LE).

#6647 2 years ago

rudy from Funhouse is number one for me.
as for the EM in my premium...it's just okay from a toy standpoint. have an early build with the original design and it's mostly been trouble free. i've flipped it upside down once, leveled the black plastic floor with the PF, lube it every now and again and it rips well. but it's just so goddamn big and it's right in the middle of the pasture. it's proximity to the flippers and the speed at which it gets abused demands it be built solidly -- can't be some ten cent, half-assed piece of equipment and still get the job done. i get it.
but the EM MB for me, especially if it's more than two balls, is a game of avoidance. the jackpots are the ejects, orbits and ramps on both sides with only the SJ on the EM spinner so i find myself letting the balls roll out and hoping for a solid rip to the perimeters. but man, if you get discombobulated just a little bit, it quickly becomes a lot of clangin' and bangin' off that thing. it also (mostly) takes away the safe/easier shot of the center ramp which is nice to have during a gnarly MB when you need to get a ball or two out of your hair, buy some time and regroup for that ripper to the right side. love the fact it's a MB, just not a fan of the delivery system i guess.

#6648 2 years ago

Having an issue with my electric magic stage. The stage will move up and down continuously every 5-10 seconds on it's own without correlating with the code. The error that is coming up says, "Operator alert! Electric magic lockup device malfunction". I would be able to facetime if possible. Any guidance or fix to this will be greatly appreciated.

#6649 2 years ago

It's probably not activating the up / down limit switch. Check the wires and use the test menu to see what's going on.

#6650 2 years ago
Quoted from Wagzology:

Having an issue with my electric magic stage. The stage will move up and down continuously every 5-10 seconds on it's own without correlating with the code. The error that is coming up says, "Operator alert! Electric magic lockup device malfunction". I would be able to facetime if possible. Any guidance or fix to this will be greatly appreciated.

Make sure the attached wires aren’t tripping the switch on their way up telling it to go down......it’s a fairly common problem and easy to solve with a zip tie.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Mission, BC
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 65.99
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

There are 9,617 posts in this topic. You are on page 133 of 193.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/133?hl=crobby and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.