20221112_102121 (resized).jpg
20221112_115345 (resized).jpg
20210319_212153 (resized).jpg
IMG_4768 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4769 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4772 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4777 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,638 posts in this topic. You are on page 132 of 193.
#6551 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

No. It's terrible. That's why we're all in the owners' thread.

#6552 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Well. IM in!

#6553 2 years ago

Is this one of those games where the premium is more “limited” than the LE?

#6554 2 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Is this one of those games where the premium is more “limited” than the LE?

No, but in my opinion the art is better. Too much Icarus on LE for me. Both are improved with Pinstein’s translite.

#6555 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You're such a lz snob

But I agree

#6556 2 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I’m thinking of grabbing a NIB Premium. is this game the bomb? Looks so good

Once you realize how much you can backhand, the game opens up a lot. And yes, it’s the bomb. The rules are perfection. Subwoofer is a must for full appreciation of the EM modes.

#6557 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Once you realize how much you can backhand, the game opens up a lot. And yes, it’s the bomb. The rules are perfection. Subwoofer is a must for full appreciation of the EM modes.

No, subwoofer and pinwoofer is a must!!

#6558 2 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I hadn’t played the pro or premium and I decided to impulse buy a premium while waiting for my mando. Best choice I ever made. The game rocks.

#6559 2 years ago

My Premium was an impulse buy too. Price was good enough that I felt I wouldn’t lose anything selling it down the road. Problem is, I won’t be selling it down the road.

#6560 2 years ago

LZ is Tits ! Once dialed in it’s right there with the best shooting pins I’ve played .

#6561 2 years ago

Just played my first session with the Titans. It’s interesting. They definitely feel different. Less bounce than the stock rubbers?

#6562 2 years ago
Quoted from shlt_thunder:

Just played my first session with the Titans. It’s interesting. They definitely feel different. Less bounce than the stock rubbers?

Do you like it better or will you choose another option next time ?

#6563 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Do you like it better or will you choose another option next time ?

I like them. It changes the way the ball bounces and I feel like l have to relearn some of the shots. All in all I like them. I might experiment with some different options next time because I don't have a lot of experiences with the different options.

#6564 2 years ago
Quoted from shlt_thunder:

I like them. It changes the way the ball bounces and I feel like l have to relearn some of the shots. All in all I like them. I might experiment with some different options next time because I don't have a lot of experiences with the different options.

I am in the same boat as far as trying the new products.

#6565 2 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

It's a fun game, and the music is great.........only game my wife turns on right now in our lineup. She likes that she can stop the ball and take her time on her aim she said. I like it because it's tough and the electro magic spinner is a blast when you frenzy it up. I don't think you can lose right now, if you hate it flip it for a profit in 6 months, especially if oyu can find one on the old pricing scale.

#6566 2 years ago

Well my LZ pro is pending sale

But I am picking up a premium!

Played a couple games on the pro last night.
I hit the 500 million mark. I am stoked to get a game like that going with the electric magic spinner ripping too.

#6567 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Well my LZ pro is pending sale
But I am picking up a premium!
Played a couple games on the pro last night.
I hit the 500 million mark. I am stoked to get a game like that going with the electric magic spinner ripping too.

A solid hit during frenzy Multiball is awesome!

#6568 2 years ago

Picked up a LZ pro with expression lighting kit at expo and I’m really excited!

I played an LE when the game first came out and I really enjoyed it, so I’m hoping I really like the pro too. That light kit will sure help

#6569 2 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

Picked up a LZ pro with expression lighting kit at expo and I’m really excited!
I played an LE when the game first came out and I really enjoyed it, so I’m hoping I really like the pro too. That light kit will sure help

Was it already installed?

#6570 2 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

Was it already installed?

Yep it’s already installed.

#6571 2 years ago

I love this weird, wonderful thing. Equal parts ridiculous and awesome.

462B6DE1-B557-4CD4-B616-E3EA92B7A5EC (resized).jpeg462B6DE1-B557-4CD4-B616-E3EA92B7A5EC (resized).jpeg
#6572 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I love this weird, wonderful thing. Equal parts ridiculous and awesome.
[quoted image]

It seriously has grown on me lol. I didn’t like it at first now I love it.

#6573 2 years ago

It's weird, it's ugly, but it actually shoots very good. Unlike groot head or creepo on ehoh.

#6574 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:I love this weird, wonderful thing. Equal parts ridiculous and awesome.
[quoted image]

I don’t like a shooter knob that makes me feel inferior.

#6575 2 years ago

I'm still not a fan and I have one. I think it looks much better on a premium. But the topper looks better on an LE. So take yer pick.

#6576 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm still not a fan and I have one. I think it looks much better on a premium. But the topper looks better on an LE. So take yer pick.

Yeah it definitely seems designed with the premium in mind. I think it would look silly on an LE, and even a pro. But it fits like a glove (a very strange, drug fueled glove) on the premium.

I think I might break down and spring for the side rails too. Man I am a sucker...

#6577 2 years ago

Anybody having issues with the new style spinner bracket having the spinner pop out? Happened twice now with my game that's on location. I am bending the spinner arms back to be straight vertically and horizontally but I'm worried it's going to keep happening. I almost feel like the fix might be to have the new style bracket on one side and the old on the other (so it doesn't bind, but doesn't pop out).

#6578 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Anybody having issues with the new style spinner bracket having the spinner pop out? Happened twice now with my game that's on location. I am bending the spinner arms back to be straight vertically and horizontally but I'm worried it's going to keep happening. I almost feel like the fix might be to have the new style bracket on one side and the old on the other (so it doesn't bind, but doesn't pop out).

Make sure there’s no lip to “jump” when the em spinner is raised. The floor needs to be perfectly leveled in the front or it hits at a weird angle. Since I fixed that I haven’t had a single issue in months.

#6579 2 years ago

She's smooth. I think the problem is that it's spinning during multiball and gets hit by another ball longways.

#6580 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Contact Eddie Yates <[email protected]> . I just got my replacement in the mail, still need to install it though.

LZ Spinner Replacement Pic (resized).jpgLZ Spinner Replacement Pic (resized).jpg
#6581 2 years ago

Woke up with a pro and now playing a premium

Tis a good day!

20211106_153045.jpg20211106_153045.jpg
#6582 2 years ago

I feel like I am missing something because my LZ Prem plays like a clunky piece of shite. I had to hammer out and file down the upper flipper shot ball guide like a blacksmith because it wasn't aligned or sized properly from the factory. The shot is still drops 75% of the time. I have it leveled to 6.5 but still has zero flow and all shots just feel so damn clunky. I assume auto launch should generally hit the "E" in Zep, but who knows. During tournaments it is the most hated pin to play.

Any thoughts or guidance?

#6583 2 years ago
Quoted from DangerzoneArcade:

I had to hammer out and file down the upper flipper shot ball guide like a blacksmith because it wasn't aligned or sized properly from the factory. The shot is still drops 75% of the time.

I’m not following - do you mean the wire form ramp that only exists on the Pre/LE? Or do you mean the ball launch?

I have it leveled to 6.5 but still has zero flow and all shots just feel so damn clunky

Some shots are easier to backhand (left spinner, left ramp and right ramp). I can hit the left and right ramps about 80% from a cradle. I had the same experience as you initially - lots of rattling on the center and right ramp shots. The shots feel great to me now, though. Right now, I’d put LZ in the top 5 of pins I own, for flow. I’d only rank Congo, TWD and MET higher.

#6584 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I’m not following - do you mean the wire form ramp that only exists on the Pre/LE? Or do you mean the ball launch?

Some shots are easier to backhand (left spinner, left ramp and right ramp). I can hit the left and right ramps about 80% from a cradle. I had the same experience as you initially - lots of rattling on the center and right ramp shots. The shots feel great to me now, though. Right now, I’d put LZ in the top 5 of pins I own, for flow. I’d only rank Congo, TWD and MET higher.

Correct, the wire form ramp upper flipper shot (I have a Premium). What level do you have yours dialed in at?

#6585 2 years ago

Our LZ premium on location is having the highest ball times and most replays by a good bit. 3 easy multiballs right out the chute so I'm having a difficult time relating.

#6586 2 years ago

Correct, the wire form ramp upper flipper shot (I have a Premium). What level do you have yours dialed in at?

I’m lazy. I put my level on each of the side rails, and adjust to around 15 degrees. That probably corresponds to between 7 and 8 degrees on the playfield.

#6587 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I’m lazy. I put my level on each of the side rails, and adjust to around 15 degrees. That probably corresponds to between 7 and 8 degrees on the playfield.

7° seems to be the right pitch here

#6588 2 years ago

"During tournaments it is the most hated pin to play."
I played in a big tournament last weekend and Zep pro was one of the games. Why do TDs bastardize this game so much? It doesn't need it and yes, it will cause players to hate the game.
This one was super evil. No ball saver and the D target was disabled so you couldn't even get ball save from the skill shot. TWO right ramps just to light the first Tour scoop. ROCK needed for each lock. Extremely tight tilt. Outlane rubbers pulled. People were struggling to break one million. I picked it twice in the playoffs and managed a score of 50M which was far and away the highest score of the weekend.
Seriously, if you need to make Zep harder for a tournament, all you need to do is pull the inlane post rubbers and turn off ball saver.

#6589 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I played in a big tournament last weekend and Zep pro was one of the games. Why do TDs bastardize this game so much? It doesn't need it and yes, it will cause players to hate the game.
This one was super evil. No ball saver and the P target was disabled so you couldn't even get ball save from the skill shot. TWO right ramps just to light the first Tour scoop. ROCK needed for each lock. Extremely tight tilt. Outlane rubbers pulled. People were struggling to break one million. I picked it twice in the playoffs and managed a score of 50M which was far and away the highest score of the weekend.
Seriously, if you need to make Zep harder for a tournament, all you need to do is pull the inlane post rubbers and turn off ball saver.

This sounds like the least fun way to play this game ever.

#6590 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

This one was super evil. No ball saver and the P target was disabled so you couldn't even get ball save from the skill shot. TWO right ramps just to light the first Tour scoop. ROCK needed for each lock. Extremely tight tilt. Outlane rubbers pulled. People were struggling to break one million. I picked it twice in the playoffs and managed a score of 50M which was far and away the highest score of the weekend.

Not getting into tour just seems pointless. Why take away modes? You just want to shoot around for no points at all?

#6591 2 years ago

Picked up the armor at MGC. Much like the shooter, it’s kind of strange, but I love it!

120EDA37-F72F-458B-89D9-B62AFA7AB3E3 (resized).jpeg120EDA37-F72F-458B-89D9-B62AFA7AB3E3 (resized).jpegA5F50EDB-85FF-4E29-8A6F-898B76ABE6FA (resized).jpegA5F50EDB-85FF-4E29-8A6F-898B76ABE6FA (resized).jpegBD976339-8BA0-4D11-B497-3A711072EA6D (resized).jpegBD976339-8BA0-4D11-B497-3A711072EA6D (resized).jpeg
#6592 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Picked up the armor at MGC. Much like the shooter, it’s kind of strange, but I love it!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I just put on the armor this past weekend and also love it! It matches really well with the premium art package.

Listening to Meny on TPN yesterday he indicated that LZ would see a jump in value in 2022. I am thinking he may have heard from Stern that they could stop running them altogether. I LOVE my premium. Tell your friends to go scoop up the remaining premiums now as they are well priced.

#6593 2 years ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Listening to Meny on TPN yesterday he indicated that LZ would see a jump in value in 2022. I am thinking he may have heard from Stern that they could stop running them altogether. I LOVE my premium. Tell your friends to go scoop up the remaining premiums now as they are well priced.

I don't know much about anything, but I've had a sneaking suspicion that this would be the case for a while. I think LZ unfairly received a weak reception (barren playfield, unfair comparison to JJP GNR). I figured that demand would end up being low and this would cause a limited number of machines to be built, effectively driving up the price once people discovered this game and gave it a fair chance. LZ for me is a game that gets better the more I play it, the more I get the shots down, and become familiar with the rules.

It'll be nice to have a machine worth more than I paid for it, but it won't matter as there's no chance in hell I'm selling mine!

#6594 2 years ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

I don't know much about anything, but I've had a sneaking suspicion that this would be the case for a while. I think LZ unfairly received a weak reception (barren playfield, unfair comparison to JJP GNR). I figured that demand would end up being low and this would cause a limited number of machines to be built, effectively driving up the price once people discovered this game and gave it a fair chance. LZ for me is a game that gets better the more I play it, the more I get the shots down, and become familiar with the rules.
It'll be nice to have a machine worth more than I paid for it, but it won't matter as there's no chance in hell I'm selling mine!

There were a lot of GnR owners unfairly rating it in the beginning to compensate for their playfield issues. That spawned into a lot of people dismissing it all together as a decent game. Most people that rated based off videos etc wound up playing and then saying how wrong they were and it being one of the better pins they’ve played. I’ve seen it here a few times now.

As for resale value I guess that never has applied to my rationale in owning this one. There’s a few pins I want but when I heard they were making a LZ I jumped immediately into my first NIB as it’s some of the best music ever produced in the history of the world and it won’t ever get old for me.

I bought a premium with only playing the pro and knew I would love it. Turns out it’s probably in my top 3 of all time machines I’ve played now and like you there’s no way it’s leaving my collection.

#6595 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

There were a lot of GnR owners unfairly rating it in the beginning to compensate for their playfield issues. That spawned into a lot of people dismissing it all together as a decent game. Most people that rated based off videos etc wound up playing and then saying how wrong they were and it being one of the better pins they’ve played. I’ve seen it here a few times now.
As for resale value I guess that never has applied to my rationale in owning this one. There’s a few pins I want but when I heard they were making a LZ I jumped immediately into my first NIB as it’s some of the best music ever produced in the history of the world and it won’t ever get old for me.
I bought a premium with only playing the pro and knew I would love it. Turns out it’s probably in my top 3 of all time machines I’ve played now and like you there’s no way it’s leaving my collection.

Agree. I am not selling mine either. My kids LOVE it and so do I. I only brought this up to give folks that are on the fence the chance to get one NIB before the price increase in January and before they potentially stop running them. I know most people here already have it lol, but we all have friends that may be on the fence still.

#6596 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I’m looking to pick up the armor as well. Hoping a vendor at Free Play Florida has the armor on hand.

#6597 2 years ago

It looks great I just wish it was a little less $$$

#6598 2 years ago
Quoted from Blue_Agave:

I’m looking to pick up the armor as well. Hoping a vendor at Free Play Florida has the armor on hand.

I got mine from Melissa at Cointaker. Not sure if she has any left or not.

#6599 2 years ago

FYI - for anyone with a premium or LE, if you turn your magic multiball spinner around, it works perfectly without any adjustments to anything else.

Also - can not recommend enough to add a drip of “3 in one” all temp silicone lube to your spinners…your frenzy multiball experience will go from amazing to “holy mother of god”.

Also - order for highest scores: orbit, lanes, spinner then ALWAYS last bumpers (most balls for the highest score, and combined with Icarus …you can get 100 million on your jackpots)

so far I haven’t broke 5 bill yet, but I’m getting damn close!

76B77170-CED9-423A-86F8-5EB83D1B7F4F (resized).jpeg76B77170-CED9-423A-86F8-5EB83D1B7F4F (resized).jpeg
#6600 2 years ago

Hey just a little intel on the Spinner Mech

Talking with some of the folks who designed the EM spinner mech, the reason the mech isn't registering a locked ball sometimes is because it's stuck on the spinner, literally. Nothing is blocking an opto or anything which seemed to be the old conventional wisdom.

So my guess is just lube the spinner and make sure it's super spinny and this will stop happening - this is when you lock a ball, it goes under the playfield, and doesn't register. It's not registering because the ball is supposed to drop to the front of the mech, where the switch sees it, which starts the multiball. The magnet doesn't hold the ball once the mech drops back below the playfield.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 65.99
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

4,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 9,638 posts in this topic. You are on page 132 of 193.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/132 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.