IMG_4772 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4777 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4775 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4776 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
shooter (resized).jpg
20240301_161950 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,617 posts in this topic. You are on page 131 of 193.
#6501 2 years ago

I was born in 60, my uncles were always buying me rf shirts. If only I still had. Worth a few bucks today. I buy my grandkids rat fink stuff for Xmas and birthday. My kids are " what the hell is that"?

#6502 2 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

SB are sturdy but are not as reactive as some others. I have some yellow SB rings in my Funhouse. I could not get all the sizes I needed in Perfect Play at the time. It's all good.

Agreed. As I said before, I used to use them exclusively...and then they started getting on my nerves for some reason (maybe because I nearly broke my hand trying to get them on the flippers). But I'm happy to use them on Zep in those 2 locations if it means I don't have to change them out every 2 months.

#6503 2 years ago

Price Check: LZ Premium?

Hi.

I'm not "in the club." I am, however, looking at a HUO LZ Premium for sale and wondering what would be a fair/wise sum to offer. No offense to all the owners here, but LZ, for whatever reasons, appears to have *lost* value in this crazy Bull market. I mean, right now, a game needs to be a dog to *not* grow in value. If the code is at least good and the layout is fast, and if the theme features a beloved band, how could the game be so forgettable to the collector community? Is the layout that awful? I'm able to play a PRO a few times a week and I like it. I do think the upper flipper shot is wasted, but I appreciate the smooth shots. I recently sold my BKSOR Premium for just $6600 after months on the market. It was a beautiful HUO example with low plays. No one was interested. It was my first Ritchie game and I liked the layout. LZ's shots appeal to me in similar ways. The other thing I like about LZ is the lighting. I find the GI very good right out of the box. It doesn't need spotlights to be visible, etc. Anyway, I worry that if I buy this LZ I will struggle to sell it for even $6300 in five months. I have lost money on all of the several pins I have owned since I joined the hobby. I won't mind if I lose a few hundred on this pin, but if I'm likely to lose even more I will pass. If it will only fetch $6300, tops, in five months, I won't dare offer more than $6600. Maybe that won't fly. Everyone imagines his/her game is worth bank right now.

#6504 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Agreed. As I said before, I used to use them exclusively...and then they started getting on my nerves for some reason (maybe because I nearly broke my hand trying to get them on the flippers). But I'm happy to use them on Zep in those 2 locations if it means I don't have to change them out every 2 months.

Dip em in hot water for a few seconds. Much easier to pull over. I tried microwaving one. Not a good idea

#6505 2 years ago

I'm not in the club, but I can weigh in on rubber if anyone is curious:

In ascending order of bounciness:

4. Superbands (poly)
3. Rubber
2. Titan (silicone)
1. Perfect Play (silicone)

I like rubber best as it's neither too hard nor too spongy. The only problem with it is that it "sheds" and creates dirty dust. If you clean your PF often - as I do - it doesn't really matter. Oh, it's also available in just black and red, so it's not good for you color coordinators. I find simple black works on all games, so I'm good with rubber.

Poly rubbers are very hard to stretch, so getting them onto your bats usually requires you to remove your bats from your game first. I find I have to hold the bat's shaft in a vice and spray alcohol on the inside of the band before stretching it over the bat. It's a PITA.

#6506 2 years ago
Quoted from RexPins:

Anyone used the "Woofer Line Out" (Node 0, CN5, Pin 7) to connect a sub yet?

YES! I made a connector tonight that feeds the sub out to a 6’ long mono cable, and the L/R line outputs to a female stereo jack. I was pleasantly surprised to see that the audio level for the line outputs is controlled by the same buttons you use to adjust normal speaker audio. So when you crank the cabinet speakers, it increases the sub out too.

The external powered sub makes a pretty huge difference. Before, “Whole Lotta Love” would cause a nasty buzz, and that’s completely gone now. Sound is WAY better, especially EM Frenzy.

Here’s the connector I made. I thought I’d use the L/R line output to feed a separate amp, but the Node 0 amplifier section sounds pretty damned good now. I guess I could use it to make recordings of the game audio, or for streaming if I ever went down that road.

AF8E8C80-3EDE-44C2-89C2-A72C58E73ECD (resized).jpegAF8E8C80-3EDE-44C2-89C2-A72C58E73ECD (resized).jpeg97192358-3D51-45C6-B19B-3CC0274D4F6E (resized).jpeg97192358-3D51-45C6-B19B-3CC0274D4F6E (resized).jpeg28D218B2-A36A-44BA-9915-9167FC79FFF5 (resized).jpeg28D218B2-A36A-44BA-9915-9167FC79FFF5 (resized).jpeg

#6507 2 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Hi.
I'm not "in the club." I am, however, looking at a HUO LZ Premium for sale and wondering what would be a fair/wise sum to offer. No offense to all the owners here, but LZ, for whatever reasons, appears to have *lost* value in this crazy Bull market. I mean, right now, a game needs to be a dog to *not* grow in value. If the code is at least good and the layout is fast, and if the theme features a beloved band, how could the game be so forgettable to the collector community? Is the layout that awful? I'm able to play a PRO a few times a week and I like it. I do think the upper flipper shot is wasted, but I appreciate the smooth shots. I recently sold my BKSOR Premium for just $6600 after months on the market. It was a beautiful HUO example with low plays. No one was interested. It was my first Ritchie game and I liked the layout. LZ's shots appeal to me in similar ways. The other thing I like about LZ is the lighting. I find the GI very good right out of the box. It doesn't need spotlights to be visible, etc. Anyway, I worry that if I buy this LZ I will struggle to sell it for even $6300 in five months. I have lost money on all of the several pins I have owned since I joined the hobby. I won't mind if I lose a few hundred on this pin, but if I'm likely to lose even more I will pass. If it will only fetch $6300, tops, in five months, I won't dare offer more than $6600. Maybe that won't fly. Everyone imagines his/her game is worth bank right now.

You will lose hundreds if not 1000's I would stay far away! All kidding aside it's a fantastic pin and worth what I payed. It's not ever leaving my collection. If you're buying pins for the "investment" I don't think you'll see this one become a pirates of the Caribbean

#6508 2 years ago

I'm not "in the club." I am, however, looking at a HUO LZ Premium for sale and wondering what would be a fair/wise sum to offer.

I was happy to get my LZ Premium for $7k, with about 600 plays on it. It would probably be one of the last games I’d sell, so I’m not worried about depreciation. I think as more Premiums get into league homes and locations, you’re going to see more appreciation for just how great this game is.

I’m sorry about your experience with BKSOR. But that game is in nowhere near the same league as LZ for the Premium version. Everyone who comes over and plays LZ falls in love with it - pinheads and newbies alike.

#6509 2 years ago

Hi.

I recently bought an LE at MSRP and am the second owner. I bought it because I love the theme and the game and it fits well in my home. I have seen some LEs recently for a few hundred over or under MSRP. Hard to predict the future but if I sell it in 10 years and lose a few grand I don’t think I’ll be too upset. I was actually thinking about getting a BKSoR instead of Zeppelin but my girlfriend talked me into LZ because we see kids, teenagers, still wearing classic rock tees and realize there is a timelessness to the theme. In 20, 30, or 40 years no one is gonna give a shit about Stranger Things or The Mandolorian, but it is likely that Zeppelin will still be worn on shirts of children not even alive while the members of the band were alive. It could become a pretty rare collectors items, or it could just become a cheap relic of the past. Who knows. I don’t think it’ll increase in value significantly in the near future though and I’m ok with it because I really love the game. I also planned to get the Premium but when an LE popped up in town right when I was starting to shop for the game, I decided to just go for it.

#6510 2 years ago

Also, I’m fairly young and probably not one of the wealthier people in the hobby so this was definitely an investment for me and not something I can do with just any pin, but I really love the game and find it to be extremely challenging and endless amounts of fun and totally worth what I paid for it even if I never see a dime of it back.

#6511 2 years ago

Finally got my tempered glass delivered and am digging the look of the alternate translite!

0ABD4046-78F1-438A-9481-CB7C7A30B237 (resized).jpeg0ABD4046-78F1-438A-9481-CB7C7A30B237 (resized).jpeg

#6512 2 years ago

so im about 400 games in and tonight my electromagnet went down but isnt flush. The top part juts up. Does anyone know how to fix? should i just try to tighten the screws?

Is there a setting to make it go up and down?

#6513 2 years ago

i just went into settings and it shows these two tech alerts. Im a newb so no idea what to do. any insight would be appreciated.

3F768B90-9009-41C1-BB76-FD01A4ABE5DC (resized).jpeg3F768B90-9009-41C1-BB76-FD01A4ABE5DC (resized).jpeg52831334-2371-40BC-8100-631F604FE918 (resized).jpeg52831334-2371-40BC-8100-631F604FE918 (resized).jpeg
#6514 2 years ago
Quoted from briyau15:

so im about 400 games in and tonight my electromagnet went down but isnt flush. The top part juts up. Does anyone know how to fix? should i just try to tighten the screws?
Is there a setting to make it go up and down?

Go into test mode and make the EM mech go up and down. Does it always stop before going all the way down?

On my LZ, the problem was that the wires for the magnet were tripping the switch that tells the game the EM mech is all the way down. I zip-tied them out of the way and the problem was solved.

#6515 2 years ago

thanks. I went into the diagnostics and EM motor test (assuming that’s correct) and receive these two notifications. Seems like the 71 cleared but issue persist with 70. Will try to take a look underneath to see if wires impacting it.

1DD3D1E2-C33B-4A3F-950D-494A56A0DFB0 (resized).jpeg1DD3D1E2-C33B-4A3F-950D-494A56A0DFB0 (resized).jpeg37C3D9CA-5060-4339-9ABE-62AB13C42359 (resized).jpeg37C3D9CA-5060-4339-9ABE-62AB13C42359 (resized).jpeg
#6516 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Finally got my tempered glass delivered and am digging the look of the alternate translite!
[quoted image]

Wow. I like the vibrancy of that alt translite. Great job! And the palette complements the colors of the PF for sure. Tell us how you created the design. Did you cobble it together using photoshop and forward that the file to the dude who makes these translites? Or did you give him some ideas he just ran with them and came up with this?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#6517 2 years ago
Quoted from shlt_thunder:

I recently bought an LE at MSRP and am the second owner.

Ooh! Congrats! Not easy to score an LE at MSRP right now!

In 20, 30, or 40 years no one is gonna give a shit about Stranger Things or The Mandolorian, but it is likely that Zeppelin will still be worn on shirts

I have no LZ T-shirts, but I know they are prized pieces in the wardrobes of middle-school burnouts the world over. They are typically rotated with tour shirts from AC/DC, The Doors, Pink Floyd, B.O.C., Van Halen, Sabbath, Judas Priest, and Ozzy. These days you can also count on sightings of Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, and Anthrax. Heck, maybe even Soundgarden or other heavy Grunge bands.

#6518 2 years ago

I also planned to get the Premium but when an LE popped up in town right when I was starting to shop for the game, I decided to just go for it.

Sweet! That's some good luck right there!

#6519 2 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Pinball Life has Perfect Play individual rubber in many colors.

this translite option is cool too.

IMG_2479 (resized).jpgIMG_2479 (resized).jpg
#6520 2 years ago

DrummerMike not sure how I got you in there must have been on the rubber

#6521 2 years ago

Question: if you disable the EM on a premium are you basically playing the pro game from a code and scoring perspective, just one ramp/target is different?

#6522 2 years ago

Feature request: spinning record says danger then danger danger instead of tilt. Confusing location players.

Also spinner flashies get with it.

#6523 2 years ago

This ring snapped and now I'm trying to figure out how the replacement should go.

20211024_135529 (resized).jpg20211024_135529 (resized).jpg
#6524 2 years ago

This is the only way I can make sense of it.

16351020521895752382891930904353 (resized).jpg16351020521895752382891930904353 (resized).jpg
#6525 2 years ago

That is correct

The #5 545-5348-21... 1-3/4" above and the #2 545-5348-04... 3/4" break the most often

#6526 2 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

[quoted image]

This also just snapped on mine. I am waiting for the rubber rings to arrive still, but would also like to know how this works. That looks like it makes sense to me.

#6527 2 years ago

Thank you! That was it.

#6528 2 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

[quoted image]

I like those pop caps!

#6529 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Feature request: spinning record says danger then danger danger instead of tilt. Confusing location players.
Also spinner flashies get with it.

?

#6530 2 years ago

When you get a danger, the record that spins around says tilt on it, leading a dude playing it to think he had already tilted. Also seizure spinner frenzy needs to return. Dig it?

While I was on location my spinner popped out of my EM while someone else was playing it. The arms were both 100% in line with the spinner from the top view so I don't know wtf. Hope they make a replacement with slightly longer arms but I'm not holding my breath. Cruddy reason to have a game down, was just lucky I was there today. (My game has the new mech and all that).

#6531 2 years ago

This also just snapped on mine. I am waiting for the rubber rings to arrive still, but would also like to know how this works. That looks like it makes sense to me.

Mine also just broke! The manual has the picture of the ring installed. I had to put in a 1.5" ring. I have extras but no 1.75".
Next time it breaks I may put in one large ring and a small post ring instead.

#6532 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Has anyone else tried this ? Its not like a oil ,it’s more like a film you can barely see, almost like a wax .Lightly rubbed on the 2 ramp peaks ,ramps ,and ball guides to hot shot and tour lock.Its made an incredible difference in gameplay .Night and day difference .Most or all your rattlers will finish off .Just throwing it out there .
[quoted image]

id avoid this stuff - use wax.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#6533 2 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Mine also just broke! The manual has the picture of the ring installed. I had to put in a 1.5" ring. I have extras but no 1.75".
Next time it breaks I may put in one large ring and a small post ring instead.

Yeah, I just remembered. If you want to go with Perfect Play from PBL they don't make a 1 3/4" ring. I had to go with a 2" which seems to work fine. Going with 2 different rings instead of one sounds like a great alternative.

#6534 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

When you get a danger, the record that spins around says tilt on it, leading a dude playing it to think he had already tilted. Also seizure spinner frenzy needs to return. Dig it?

Oh, gotcha. I've never noticed the tilt thing with the record. I'll have to check that out.

#6535 2 years ago

Wow. I like the vibrancy of that alt translite. Great job! And the palette complements the colors of the PF for sure. Tell us how you created the design. Did you cobble it together using photoshop and forward that the file to the dude who makes these translites? Or did you give him some ideas he just ran with them and came up with this?

Pinstein is the creator of the translite.

#6536 2 years ago

OK, I checked out the tilt animation. I don't see any problem with it. The small spinning record says tilt, but in huge letters above that it says WARNING, as in Tilt Warning. When you actually do tilt it has huge red neon letters that say TILT.

Also, when you tilt your flippers will go dead and you get the "unnnggg" sound as well.
I guess a total newb could get that wrong but I don't think it's anything that needs to be changed.

#6537 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

id avoid this stuff - use wax.

I agree, that would be better .When I wax next I’ll try that as all it needs is a drop .Bottom line it did wonders for those shots and totally changed the game .I keep the PF clean so I’m not worried about it with the little I used .

#6538 2 years ago

I got my plastic protectors in from Mezel Mods but the screws that come with the game are not long enough to screw back in with the protectors under the plastic. Did anyone else have this issue? If so, what was your solution? Obviously going and getting a slightly longer screw is the answer here but I’m not sure if there might be something I’m missing. Thanks

#6539 2 years ago

I got my plastic protectors in from Mezel Mods but the screws that come with the game are not long enough to screw back in with the protectors under the plastic. Did anyone else have this issue? If so, what was your solution? Obviously going and getting a slightly longer screw is the answer here but I’m not sure if there might be something I’m missing. Thanks

Man I literally just got done fighting with mine that arrived today. Super frustrating on the lower outlanes. Slingshot protectors went on fine- left and right. Lower right outlane, was a struggle but got it. But the left lower outlane for me, I had to push really hard to get the lower screw in, but nothing I did would make the upper screw grip. Spent an hour+ on just that. Was going to email Mezel tomorrow.

#6540 2 years ago
Quoted from Killtacular:

Man I literally just got done fighting with mine that arrived today. Super frustrating on the lower outlanes. Slingshot protectors went on fine- left and right. Lower right outlane, was a struggle but got it. But the left lower outlane for me, I had to push really hard to get the lower screw in, but nothing I did would make the upper screw grip. Spent an hour+ on just that. Was going to email Mezel tomorrow.

Funny. I literally had the exact same experience tonight. I didn’t mess with the bumpers after struggling with the outlines but there seems to be a bunch of extra room there. It’s a project for another day I suppose.

#6541 2 years ago

I have been planning on getting a LZ premium for a little bit now. I ended up bringing home a pro this weekend and put some time on it last night. Now I am even more convinced I want a premium. This game is fun!

+music
+lights
+speed
+progression
+colors
+theme

-pro third flipper (not a huge knock, but the premium mostly remedies this)

#6542 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

OK, I checked out the tilt animation. I don't see any problem with it. The small spinning record says tilt, but in huge letters above that it says WARNING, as in Tilt Warning. When you actually do tilt it has huge red neon letters that say TILT.
Also, when you tilt your flippers will go dead and you get the "unnnggg" sound as well.
I guess a total newb could get that wrong but I don't think it's anything that needs to be changed.

A total newb wouldn't be looking at the screen anyway so it's a non issue.

Nobody who actually knows what "TILT" means is going to get confused by any of this.

#6543 2 years ago

So I’m still trying to resolve the “Check SW. 70” issue and tech support’s recommendation to tighten and shift an actuator (metal thing with two black screws on right) didn’t work . In anyone’s experience have they seen a hardware issue trigger that message? Meaning, is it possible my EM is jammed and I should try to remove the top and put back on? Heres what it looks like not being flush.

One previous response said wires were in the way but it doesn’t seem like the case here. A little frustrated since Ikve only had this for 3 weeks and was basically the only pin I’ve played since purchasing.

6509A6A0-A927-46B2-A91E-148F33956230 (resized).jpeg6509A6A0-A927-46B2-A91E-148F33956230 (resized).jpeg7F664E9A-B9BC-4AA4-B2D5-468B9C92403B (resized).jpeg7F664E9A-B9BC-4AA4-B2D5-468B9C92403B (resized).jpegE3314CF1-971B-4F4B-90CF-CA0E729C3F90 (resized).jpegE3314CF1-971B-4F4B-90CF-CA0E729C3F90 (resized).jpeg
#6544 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Pull the glass and just adjust to your liking. But, it takes a long handled Allen to get off, that thing is torqued on hard!![quoted image][quoted image]

Can someone please provide some additional info on this flipper adjustment. I have the necessary Allen wrench and I’m going to make this adjustment. Is the adjustment as easy as loosening the Allen screw, adjusting the flipper, tighten the Allen screw? Or is there more to it? Thanks in advance!

#6545 2 years ago

Easy to do. It's on super tight tho. I moved right flip slightly forward so I could backhand right ramp. Maybe 1/8 forward is all. Adjust it, play with glass off to dial in to you liking

#6546 2 years ago
Quoted from briyau15:

One previous response said wires were in the way but it doesn’t seem like the case here

Yeah, that was me, and I can see that’s definitely not the problem here (and also that would affect switch 71, not 70).

Go into switch test mode (DIAG>SW>TEST), and use your finger to move the switch (there’s only one part that moves, so you’ll know when you’ve done it). Do you hear a sound when you do that?

Quoted from briyau15:

is it possible my EM is jammed and I should try to remove the top and put back on?

No, don’t do anything until we’ve figured out the problem. Shotgun fixes rarely work. You got this…

If we can’t figure it out in the next few posts, PM me and I can FaceTime you to help tomorrow.

#6547 2 years ago

^^^^^^
This is why I like pinside,,,,,, most of the time

#6548 2 years ago

Thanks swampfire, really appreciate it. With the screwdriver in hand ready to take the top off I checked my email and Stern tech support asked for me to send a video of the playfield and error when i do the test. Will now wait for their reply before taking further action but definitely appreciate knowing I can reach out if needed. Good thing too because I can barely change a light bulb so glad to see not messing with the EM was the right move, for now.

#6549 2 years ago

I’m thinking of grabbing a NIB Premium. is this game the bomb? Looks so good

#6550 2 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I’m thinking of grabbing a NIB Premium. is this game the bomb? Looks so good

No. It's terrible. That's why we're all in the owners' thread.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Kansas City, KS
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 65.99
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

There are 9,617 posts in this topic. You are on page 131 of 193.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/131?hl=duderegular and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.