20221112_104906 (resized).jpg
20221112_102121 (resized).jpg
20221112_115345 (resized).jpg
20210319_212153 (resized).jpg
IMG_4768 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4769 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4772 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,657 posts in this topic. You are on page 128 of 194.
#6351 2 years ago

I gave Big Ben some love today. The Rub ‘n’ Buff gold paint is awesome, I just applied it lightly with a small paintbrush. I also painted the bracket to match, so it looks like part of the clock tower. Super happy with how this came out, given my complete lack of artistic skills.

7C4F2B5E-FD7A-4AC9-AFC3-5884AD3AEEC5 (resized).jpeg7C4F2B5E-FD7A-4AC9-AFC3-5884AD3AEEC5 (resized).jpegC4A13687-805D-434F-BB4F-7E87FF36CABB (resized).jpegC4A13687-805D-434F-BB4F-7E87FF36CABB (resized).jpeg

Just for reference, this is what it looks like under bright light (where I painted it).

D6657874-F249-4B41-B2AA-FCD5D5B807D3 (resized).jpegD6657874-F249-4B41-B2AA-FCD5D5B807D3 (resized).jpeg
#6352 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I gave Big Ben some love today. The Rub ‘n’ Buff gold paint is awesome, I just applied it lightly with a small paintbrush. I also painted the bracket to match, so it looks like part of the clock tower. Super happy with how this came out, given my complete lack of artistic skills.
[quoted image][quoted image]
Just for reference, this is what it looks like under bright light (where I painted it).[quoted image]

Amazing work! Did you post before pictures? I can’t remember.

#6353 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Just for reference, this is what it looks like under bright light (where I painted it).[quoted image]

Sweet,good looking work

#6354 2 years ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Amazing work! Did you post before pictures? I can’t remember.

Here’s the before pic. Trust me when I say that if I can do this, anybody can. It just takes a light touch and not using too much paint at once.

5E0197EC-910E-40C5-88FD-E6AFF46AFBD8 (resized).jpeg5E0197EC-910E-40C5-88FD-E6AFF46AFBD8 (resized).jpeg

#6355 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Here’s the before pic.trust me when I say that if I can do this, anybody can. It just takes a light touch and not using too much paint at once.

Bro that is awesome
Still need to do mine...what colors did you choose?

#6356 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Nice job hooks great !

#6357 2 years ago
Quoted from Txcoastal1:

Bro that is awesome
Still need to do mine...what colors did you choose?

I got this set of 3 colors, and just mixed equal amounts of the 2 golds together. I tried the silver on the back of the roof, but decided it was too bright, so I didn’t use it.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01NBVRKZF

One very important warning: DO NOT disconnect the wires at the clock tower.I did that to save time, and it took me 30 minutes to fish the connector back out of the hole. Best to take the wires completely out of the game, and keep it just like it came to us.

#6358 2 years ago

Thanks,
Again, great job.
Rub-N-Buff is awesome and easy to use. Done several steam punk projects for Renn-Fest and Dicken's on the Strand here in Galveston

#6359 2 years ago

At the risk of spamming this thread, here’s another good reference photo.

0DD8C09F-7C77-4EA5-86DF-DFE5FC4B9FEA (resized).jpeg0DD8C09F-7C77-4EA5-86DF-DFE5FC4B9FEA (resized).jpeg
#6360 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Anyone else having issues with their topper? I’m on my 2nd one now due to the first one having the spotlights go out. I’ve had my replacement topper for almost a month and now the spotlights are not lighting up. Everything else lights up and the spotlights move, but no lights emitting.

I'm having the exact same problem. Just started yesterday. Did you find a solution?

#6361 2 years ago
Quoted from MajorDrainer:

I'm having the exact same problem. Just started yesterday. Did you find a solution?

Make sure all connections to the back box are tight - solved my problem on one of them. for the other replacement, Stern sent me two new lead wires for the spotlights but that didn’t do the trick. Both distro and I were baffled - that one had to go back to stern for repair. Unplug and replug all connections and then call your distro if still not working.

#6362 2 years ago

Deleted - double posted in error. Rough morning…

#6363 2 years ago

So I’ve now had my machine for about a week and 100 games under my belt. High score is 200m but with replays in the form of EBs set at $10m intervals. Most scores way under 50m. Running the latest code.

Forgive my ignorance but are EBs automatic? I would think after i reach each 10m threshold the EB option in left scoop would be lit for me to “earn” it but that’s not happening.

Also, are there any sound effects when hitting Icarus? Mine jumps up without sound most, if not all the time.

#6364 2 years ago
Quoted from briyau15:

So I’ve now had my machine for about a week and 100 games under my belt. High score is 200m but with replays in the form of EBs set at $10m intervals. Most scores way under 50m. Running the latest code.
Forgive my ignorance but are EBs automatic? I would think after i reach each 10m threshold the EB option in left scoop would be lit for me to “earn” it but that’s not happening.
Also, are there any sound effects when hitting Icarus? Mine jumps up without sound most, if not all the time.

When extra balls are awarded on points, it’s automatic.

#6365 2 years ago

Regarding updating game code, which is the recommended file? The “game code” file or the “game code read me file”. I’d assume the game code file. Thanks in advance.

#6366 2 years ago
Quoted from Blue_Agave:

The “game code” file

Thats the one...The readme just tells you what changes were made in that update

#6367 2 years ago

Yeah, I’m sure I’m missing something but it doesn't look like my Replay EB works. Just played a 3 ball game, got 24m and no extra balls. Replay is set as Fixed with levels at 10m, 20m, 30m and 40m. EB setting set to Unlimited. Is there something I’m missing?

#6368 2 years ago

Sounds like a bug. They probably never expected anybody to set it up for an EB every 10M on a game that scores in the 100's of millions, and billions are quite possible. Seems like you could get the same experience by just setting it up for 10 balls.

#6369 2 years ago

I had a GREAT (for me) game of 900M last night. I’d never gotten over ~350M before that. Got to Mothership and World Tour mini-wizards, but I hadn’t really studied them enough, so both were flail-tests. I’m mostly just pleased that I got through all 4 tours. Qualifying the last one wasn’t easy! Love the rules on this game, and the shots feel better and better the more I play.

#6370 2 years ago

Yeah having Replay set to Fixed seems to be working like Dynamic. When set to 10m intervals with Replay 4 at 40m I checked the display mid game and it said Replay at 40m. I scored more than 40m and got the EB. Then to test I changed intervals to 20,40,60,80 and started a new game. Right away I checked the settings and Replay was 100m. After getting 100m+, the next game Replay was set to 120m in the display.

Is the norm to not even do EB as Replay for HUO and instead reward a credit so it doesn't make the game easier? I see there are other forums asking the question but wonder how LZ owners set theirs up. I have kiddies just under 10 so wouldn't mind if they have longer games by way of EBs. Mine is set with quarters so maybe i should forgo the EB replay.

#6371 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Love the rules on this game, and the shots feel better and better the more I play.

Couldn't possibly agree more!

#6372 2 years ago

Has anyone else tried this ? Its not like a oil ,it’s more like a film you can barely see, almost like a wax .Lightly rubbed on the 2 ramp peaks ,ramps ,and ball guides to hot shot and tour lock.Its made an incredible difference in gameplay .Night and day difference .Most or all your rattlers will finish off .Just throwing it out there .

F7CCBA3A-2F56-43AA-9760-6B52A15E9B5E (resized).jpegF7CCBA3A-2F56-43AA-9760-6B52A15E9B5E (resized).jpeg
#6373 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Has anyone else tried this ? Its not like a oil ,it’s more like a film you can barely see, almost like a wax .Lightly rubbed on the 2 ramp peaks ,ramps ,and ball guides to hot shot and tour lock.Its made an incredible difference in gameplay .Night and day difference .Most or all your rattlers will finish off .Just throwing it out there .
[quoted image]

As what I would consider a somewhat novice pinball owner, maybe this would be considered a non-issue. However my concern with something like that would be film or grease or whatever it might be collecting on my balls (yes, I chuckled while typing that). Dirty balls can damage your playfield, am I right? If that's not a concern I can see how a product like that could be beneficial in keeping things loose and fast.

#6374 2 years ago

Anywhere you put a lubricant where the ball travels, the ball is going to spread that everywhere it goes. Ball trough, shooter lane, the entire playfield. I understand you are using it very lightly but I would not recommend it. Best thing you can do is minimize any friction by keeping it clean and waxed. Also, replacing balls is important. I have around 1,500 games on LZ and I have replaced the balls twice.

#6375 2 years ago
Quoted from briyau15:

Yeah having Replay set to Fixed seems to be working like Dynamic. When set to 10m intervals with Replay 4 at 40m I checked the display mid game and it said Replay at 40m. I scored more than 40m and got the EB. Then to test I changed intervals to 20,40,60,80 and started a new game. Right away I checked the settings and Replay was 100m. After getting 100m+, the next game Replay was set to 120m in the display.
Is the norm to not even do EB as Replay for HUO and instead reward a credit so it doesn't make the game easier? I see there are other forums asking the question but wonder how LZ owners set theirs up. I have kiddies just under 10 so wouldn't mind if they have longer games by way of EBs. Mine is set with quarters so maybe i should forgo the EB replay.

You might try tweaking the rules to make EB's easier to get. Like one completed song instead of four. And one completed tour instead of two. Maybe set the game for 5 balls plus those changes and you've got a longer playing game plus easier opportunities for EB's. Also, some players will set up one replay score for EB.

#6376 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

one completed tour instead of two

I think the default is to light EB when you start the 2nd tour. Just nitpicking

#6377 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Anywhere you put a lubricant where the ball travels, the ball is going to spread that everywhere it goes. Ball trough, shooter lane, the entire playfield. I understand you are using it very lightly but I would not recommend it. Best thing you can do is minimize any friction by keeping it clean and waxed. Also, replacing balls is important. I have around 1,500 games on LZ and I have replaced the balls twice.

Yeah I wipe down once a week and wax every 300 plays or so . That stuff dries ,hard to explain . I’m not worried about anything with it .I actually put it on all my games where needed it’s made a huge difference most of all w LZ .

#6378 2 years ago

Great for spinners also .I get to mall lock on Magic with one good shot now .

#6379 2 years ago

Well I’m three weeks into ownership of my LZ Prem and love the game. I typically do not turn the volume up so that I do not disturb the lady of the house, but I did the other night and in some instances it would make the glass rattle. After some inspection I determined it was not the playfield glass, but the back glass.

The top right corner is just a little loose and rattles a little when the volume is up. I haven’t removed the black glass yet to check, but is the little rubber piece in the top of the back box adjustable? If not I was thinking maybe some electrical tape to narrow the gap the back glass sits in. Anybody have this issue? If so, how did you resolve? Thanks!

#6380 2 years ago
Quoted from Blue_Agave:

Well I’m three weeks into ownership of my LZ Prem and love the game. I typically do not turn the volume up so that I do not disturb the lady of the house, but I did the other night and in some instances it would make the glass rattle. After some inspection I determined it was not the playfield glass, but the back glass.
The top right corner is just a little loose and rattles a little when the volume is up. I haven’t removed the black glass yet to check, but is the little rubber piece in the top of the back box adjustable? If not I was thinking maybe some electrical tape to narrow the gap the back glass sits in. Anybody have this issue? If so, how did you resolve? Thanks!

On my Game of Thrones I had to put three small strips of velcro(just the cloth side of the velcro) on the back at the very top. I was able to put it directly on the plastic frame so nothing is stuck to the actual translite. That worked for me. It was so loose it would rattle when I nudged the machine. I've had to do similar things to many of my pins over the years.

#6381 2 years ago

Hey would any kind soul out there either know, or be able to measure, how tall the topper is? I have a pretty low finished basement ceiling and I can't seem to find the dimensions anywhere.

#6382 2 years ago
Quoted from Killtacular:

Hey would any kind soul out there either know, or be able to measure, how tall the topper is? I have a pretty low finished basement ceiling and I can't seem to find the dimensions anywhere.

You'll need at least 8 inches, but 9 is better. Or so says my wife. I wouldn't know.

#6383 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

On my Game of Thrones I had to put three small strips of velcro(just the cloth side of the velcro) on the back at the very top. I was able to put it directly on the plastic frame so nothing is stuck to the actual translite. That worked for me. It was so loose it would rattle when I nudged the machine. I've had to do similar things to many of my pins over the years.

Velcro hadn’t occurred to me, probably thicker than electrical tape. I’ll see if I can get some velcro or foam tape at Home Depot. Thanks for the reply.

#6384 2 years ago

Are you guys able to backhand the right ramp out of the box? Or do I need to adjust the right flipper? Not sure if my novice skills are to blame or factory setup. Same question for upper right flipper to left/cross ramp. Thought somewhere in the previous posts someone mentioning changing the top right flipper to get that cross ramp shot easier.

#6385 2 years ago
Quoted from briyau15:

Are you guys able to backhand the right ramp out of the box? Or do I need to adjust the right flipper? Not sure if my novice skills are to blame or factory setup. Same question for upper right flipper to left/cross ramp. Thought somewhere in the previous posts someone mentioning changing the top right flipper to get that cross ramp shot easier.

I had to adjust both the right flipper and the upper ramp, and it’s well worth the time to do it. I can backhand the right ramp pretty easily now from a cradle; the challenge is getting that opportunity during a multiball. I’ll sometimes use the ball save at the start of the MB to let enough balls drain to give me a clean shot at it.

#6386 2 years ago

swampfire thanks. Any recommendation on angle for both? I’ve never changed flippers before but seems like its something i should look into

#6387 2 years ago
Quoted from briyau15:

swampfire thanks. Any recommendation on angle for both? I’ve never changed flippers before but seems like its something i should look into

Long handled Allen wrench, move the right flipper slightly forward

#6388 2 years ago

I'm able to hit both shots with no changes to flipper angles.

#6389 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I had to adjust both the right flipper and the upper ramp, and it’s well worth the time to do it. I can backhand the right ramp pretty easily now from a cradle; the challenge is getting that opportunity during a multiball. I’ll sometimes use the ball save at the start of the MB to let enough balls drain to give me a clean shot at it.

I can do it but I have to juggle the ball around a bit to make it. I’ve done it on my machine cradled before but it’s rare. LOTR_breath trick of letting the ball release From the left lock, bounce to the left flipper to the right flipper and then smacking it up there is my new favorite trick shot. Very satisfying.

#6390 2 years ago

I should add that I have the pinmonk fans on both lower flippers. Before that mod, I was still able to backhand the right ramp, but after about 10-15 minutes of play the mechs would heat up and I could no longer make the shot. With the pinmonk fans I can usually still make the shot deep into a long game.

#6391 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I should add that I have the pinmonk fans on both lower flippers. Before that mod, I was still able to backhand the right ramp, but after about 10-15 minutes of play the mechs would heat up and I could no longer make the shot. With the pinmonk fans I can usually still make the shot deep into a long game.

So you find that the pinmonk fans help and are worth the spend? I’ve considered pulling the trigger but what’s stopping me is not knowing if they would make a difference. Love to hear your thoughts. Thanks!

#6392 2 years ago

They absolutely made a difference for me. Led Zep is the first game I've put them on and I think they were worth it.

#6393 2 years ago

Why have we not had 1.06 "added option for spinner light show seizures" yet?

#6394 2 years ago
Quoted from shlt_thunder:

I can do it but I have to juggle the ball around a bit to make it. I’ve done it on my machine cradled before but it’s rare. LOTR_breath trick of letting the ball release From the left lock, bounce to the left flipper to the right flipper and then smacking it up there is my new favorite trick shot. Very satisfying.

My favorite new trick is kind of the opposite of that: nail the spinner orbit, bounce pass from right to left flipper and then nail the left eject. It’s a 30-50% shot but I still go for it a lot.

#6395 2 years ago
Quoted from Blue_Agave:

So you find that the pinmonk fans help and are worth the spend? I’ve considered pulling the trigger but what’s stopping me is not knowing if they would make a difference. Love to hear your thoughts. Thanks!

I also put the PinMonk fans in because after some extended play I could not backhand the right ramp - was really frustrating. Now it’s not an issue, regardless of how long I’ve been playing. Totally worth the $ for what we spend on these pins and it’s relatively easy to install. (Note: I just recently bought them for my Iron Maiden and GnR based on my experience with them on Zep)

Also, for others who were asking about backhanding the right ramp out of the box….I have had no issues with it and didn’t need any flipper adjustments. I have a LE.

On a sour note….my left scoop is still having issues with “catching” the ball, so pin down for now - I’m considering it unplayable due to frustration. Stern has responded and is working with me to fix it, but it’s progressing a bit slowly. This is why we need multiple pins in our collection! (That’s what I tell myself anyway)

#6396 2 years ago

Physically catching it? Post some pics.

#6397 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Physically catching it? Post some pics.

Here's my previous post on it showing the slo mo video......could compete for national champion of Ring Around the Rosie.

Quoted from Greaseman:

Here's the slow motion video of left scoop reject. This was from a right flipper cradle.

Thanks to Hay for video posting instructions and to rb14 for sharing the pain with me. Seriously, I was struggling to believe that no one else was having this same issue.
I fired it up again last night (after avoiding it for a bit), and sure enough - reject city. Hit several shots from the right cradle and had about 2/3 get rejected, including one when extra ball was lit - that one ganked out and ended up going SDTM. I turned off the machine.

#6398 2 years ago

I’ve only had a couple of left scoop rejects in about a month of daily playing. I got a lot more rejects from the top scoop. And it may be a mental thing, but right now that right orbit/scoop is the hardest shot for me.

#6399 2 years ago

Not a big deal but during the Match sequence after the game is over, do you see the same numbers pop up in the Physical Grafitti album artwork (30, 60, 70?) but then if your match number matches it doesn't always result in a Match credit? Same the other way where my match number on the right is like a 90 and doesn't match the numbers displayed on the left but a credit is awarded.

#6400 2 years ago
Quoted from briyau15:

Not a big deal but during the Match sequence after the game is over, do you see the same numbers pop up in the Physical Grafitti album artwork (30, 60, 70?) but then if your match number matches it doesn't always result in a Match credit? Same the other way where my match number on the right is like a 90 and doesn't match the numbers displayed on the left but a credit is awarded.

I never noticed that, but I'll keep an eye out for it. Thanks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 65.99
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Suffern, NY
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,286 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, IN
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 9,657 posts in this topic. You are on page 128 of 194.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/128?hl=number_runner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.