20221112_102121 (resized).jpg
20221112_115345 (resized).jpg
20210319_212153 (resized).jpg
IMG_4768 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4769 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4772 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4777 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,638 posts in this topic. You are on page 125 of 193.
#6201 2 years ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

Or rather, can I put my bed in his garage???

Lol

#6202 2 years ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

Here you go friend.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Is there anywhere that this form be downloaded?

#6203 2 years ago
5DC75AEF-DC21-4EB7-B2CB-98D64CB2F5EA (resized).jpeg5DC75AEF-DC21-4EB7-B2CB-98D64CB2F5EA (resized).jpeg
#6204 2 years ago

I've had my premium for months and never had a single issue with the electric magic. The problem is that the playfield arrived warped. Stern approved a new populated playfield two days later, which was 5 months ago, so hopefully I'll get it soon.

My issue is they send you an empty box and you send them your playfield first. I wanted to try the new playfield Magic mech first and swap my old one if the new one had issues. Maybe I'll just take the assembly out and hope they don't notice when they get it back. Lol

Hopefully, when I receive it, they have the issues ironed out. Initially, I was told I'd have it in two months, but they say parts shortages have pushed back playfield production for months.

#6205 2 years ago
Quoted from Otto110:

Initially, I was told I'd have it in two months, but they say parts shortages have pushed back playfield production for months.

Yeah, I’m going through the same thing with the UV kit for my Stranger Things. Waiting is hard. I’m playing my other pins a lot more so I don’t get burned out on STH before I get to experience it with the UV lighting.

#6206 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Oh man, I’m so happy right now. I cranked my left eject up to 200, and now the ball goes straight to the left flipper every time. It’s approaching the F-14 “Yagov” kicker in speed, but I’m okay with that.

Try different settings with the glass off. You can start the pop bumper tour to force that upper gate closed. I think mine is still at the default, but I haven’t noticed any issues with that.

Thanks! I increased by left eject and now it misses the left sling.

#6207 2 years ago
Quoted from Blue_Agave:

Thanks! I increased by left eject and now it misses the left sling.

175 was the sweet spot for mine. At that strength it hits my left flipper, bounces to the right flipper, and back to the left flipper for a soft landing.

#6208 2 years ago

Anyone else have the expression lights freeze after turning machine on and just leaving it on attract mode?
Upon boot up, all is normal, then after 10 minutes or so they stop strobing
Again this is just in attract mode
Wonder if it’s a code thing

#6209 2 years ago

Anyone have in PDF form the EM leaving instructions and willing to email?

Thanks in advance.

#6210 2 years ago
Quoted from Blue_Agave:

Anyone have in PDF form the EM leaving instructions and willing to email?
Thanks in advance.

Anyone who needs the form, send me a PM with your email address and I'll be happy to send it to you. I've already sent it to a few other people on this thread.

#6211 2 years ago

I had difficulty making the right ramp with a backhand so I lowered the ramp 1/4 inch which made things better but I could only consistently do it the first 10 minutes of play due to flipper fade. I added a 5v usb fan and it cured it without spending $120. Plug your 9ft. USB extension into the back box port where you do updates and add a USB fan
This did wonders for about $15 to $20.
You need a 9 to 10 ft USB extension and your choice of fan, the pancake style will work if you desire. I mounted with double sided tape and a little epoxy.

PXL_20210922_170104492 (resized).jpgPXL_20210922_170104492 (resized).jpgPXL_20210922_172028974~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20210922_172028974~2 (resized).jpg
#6212 2 years ago

^^ love this idea, but I’d avoid pulling power from a $1000 node board if possible.

#6213 2 years ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

Anyone who needs the form, send me a PM with your email address and I'll be happy to send it to you. I've already sent it to a few other people on this thread.

Just printed. Thanks!!

#6214 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

^^ love this idea, but I’d accord pulling power from a $1000 node board if possible.

Probably going to need that USB slot for Stern Connected in the future.

#6215 2 years ago

Has anyone else had the issue where you hit the ZEP drop targets and the ball bounces off and the targets don't drop?

It's only on pretty firm shots, and I'm wondering if they bounce back before dropping.

#6216 2 years ago

Occasionally mine does, not worried,,,,yet

#6217 2 years ago

Alright, thanks

#6218 2 years ago

Do you guys find that LZ makes all your other games invisible when you have a few friends over?

#6219 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Do you guys find that LZ makes all your other games invisible when you have a few friends over?

I’ve had a couple in-house deliveries lately. My machines are set up in the room right at the front of our house. First delivery was a young guy, he just points at Led Zeppelin and says, oh man, I like that one. Second was an older guy, he just says, whoa, I didn’t know there was a Led Zeppelin pinball machine, bad ass!

It definitely gets noticed!

#6220 2 years ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

PM sent with email address, thank you!

#6221 2 years ago
Quoted from Forehead_Slap:

Has anyone else had the issue where you hit the ZEP drop targets and the ball bounces off and the targets don't drop?
It's only on pretty firm shots, and I'm wondering if they bounce back before dropping.

Yes, I’ve have also experienced this on firm shots.

#6222 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

This just happened Monday. A guy was playing my games while I gave his daughter a one hour music lesson. After playing all my games, he landed on LZ and stayed there. Said it was his favorite out of all my machines. And it's not like all my other games are EMs.

#6223 2 years ago

Little help please, I noticed a light out under the right zeppelin on the apron. Does “Test all LEDS” take long or can the apron alone be tested? Edit - Never mind the door was open.

Will the apron need to be removed to get at the bulb?

Thanks!

#6224 2 years ago

Looking at getting LZ.
Are all PF dimpling or is it limited to early runs?
Are other stern pins dimpling?
Has issue been resolved w Stern going forward?
Trying to decide if I should pickup used or buy NIB
Just wondering how this impacts the resale value down the road.

Thanks sorry if this discussed before haven’t gone through 6000 ++posts

#6225 2 years ago
Quoted from Madmax541:

Looking at getting LZ.
Are all PF dimpling or is it limited to early runs?
Are other stern pins dimpling?
Has issue been resolved w Stern going forward?
Trying to decide if I should pickup used or buy NIB
Just wondering how this impacts the resale value down the road.
Thanks sorry if this discussed before haven’t gone through 6000 ++posts

If you buy a zep built on or after Feb 2, 2021, it is guaranteed to never dimple!

The issue has been resolved!!

#6226 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If you buy a zep built on or after Feb 2, 2021, it is guaranteed to never dimple!
The issue has been resolved!!

What did stern do different ?
Changed clear coat process?

#6227 2 years ago

I’m joking.

If you don’t want “dimples” don’t buy a pinball machine, simple as that. Sorry.

#6228 2 years ago

Anyone besides crazilevi have inpu w respect to dimples

#6229 2 years ago

Every. Machine. Ever. Made. Dimples. (ok fine except those couple with plastic playfields..)

Wood vs Steel

edit: OK sorry...that sounded like more of a jerk answer than intended. But seriously...all pins dimple to some extent. Some are more noticeable than others. Many older machines have smoothed out over the years and thousands of plays. Lighting and artwork makes a huge difference in seeing them. Clearcoat quality does seem to have some effect, and there probably is something to softer wood being used over the years. But all that aside, every machine has and will dimple. Some of the conspiracy theories and people who claim up and down that B/W games didn't dimple are hilarious.

#6230 2 years ago

I love the idea that zep is the one machine known to “dimple” and there are people out there eagerly awaiting a fix so they can finally buy a zep.

“Dimple.” The single dumbest word in the pinball hobby.

#6231 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I love the idea that zep is the one machine known to “dimple” and there are people out there eagerly awaiting a fix so they can finally buy a zep.
“Dimple.” The single dumbest word in the pinball hobby.

I can appreciate that. But the single dumbest word in the pinball hobby...... TABLE.

#6232 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I had difficulty making the right ramp with a backhand so I lowered the ramp 1/4 inch which made things better but I could only consistently do it the first 10 minutes of play due to flipper fade. I added a 5v usb fan and it cured it without spending $120. Plug your 9ft. USB extension into the back box port where you do updates and add a USB fan
This did wonders for about $15 to $20.
You need a 9 to 10 ft USB extension and your choice of fan, the pancake style will work if you desire. I mounted with double sided tape and a little epoxy.
[quoted image][quoted image]

This is great! I did spend the $120 and it did solve all fade issues with LZ. This is a good option for the backhand but I guess you would need a second one to do both flippers.

#6233 2 years ago

The dimple thing is definitely more prominent on new machines. I have had many old games that the ball was lunched all over the place and dimples were very few. I really think it's because of all the chemical restrictions. Back in the day they used oil based products now it's all water based. I can tell you from experience that oil based vs water based products is night and day. Anyway just my thoughts on this. I would also like to say that some people are cry baby's pinball games break and need some TLC even right out of the box. I love repairing and taking care of my games just as much as playing.

#6234 2 years ago

I wish MezelMods hadn’t changed the color of their Big Ben mod. The one one the website looks a lot more like the actual building.

I’m still really happy with the quality of this mod, though.

F256E797-B74B-4820-9814-405E79E02AB8 (resized).jpegF256E797-B74B-4820-9814-405E79E02AB8 (resized).jpeg076C246A-5E54-4040-9C01-CD239A7C5760 (resized).jpeg076C246A-5E54-4040-9C01-CD239A7C5760 (resized).jpeg2D014EFD-FEA2-4C93-8769-8DAF5C733591 (resized).jpeg2D014EFD-FEA2-4C93-8769-8DAF5C733591 (resized).jpeg

#6235 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I wish MezelMods hadn’t changed the color of their Big Ben / Parliament mod. The one one the website looks a lot more like the actual building.

I haven't installed my mod yet, going to use some rub and buff before I install it.

#6236 2 years ago
Quoted from Txcoastal1:

I haven't installed my mod yet, going to use some rub and buff before I install it.

Which color gold are you planning to use?

D4C8ECE5-3A52-4C29-B20B-0DC1869914C1 (resized).jpegD4C8ECE5-3A52-4C29-B20B-0DC1869914C1 (resized).jpeg
#6237 2 years ago
Quoted from Madmax541:

I have bought 3 stern NIBs in a little over a year. I feel like I only noticed dimples on my first one which was DP and after about 200 games it seemed to smooth out and it wasn’t noticeable.

#6238 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Which color gold are you planning to use?

I have quite a bit of different colors for some of my steampunk stuff to experiment with, but as you show the pallet, likely Euro gold for most of the building and gold leaf around the clock and some of the pillars

Will also light it up on the table to see what pops

Pewter on the roofs of course

#6239 2 years ago

The drop target mod took a little more work, but I love it. Very subtle and cool effect. I’m definitely going to have to do this for Stranger Things too.

BBD96EC0-0D9E-4257-A404-6A3E5966A3C3 (resized).jpegBBD96EC0-0D9E-4257-A404-6A3E5966A3C3 (resized).jpegC126BAE4-C5AC-4744-A4BE-5BDF496D29BB (resized).jpegC126BAE4-C5AC-4744-A4BE-5BDF496D29BB (resized).jpeg
#6240 2 years ago

Now I know it’s nowhere near some of the high scores I’ve seen on here, but… I just got to Mothership Multiball for the first time!

My previous high score was 450million. And, this was the game immediately after I’d gotten my fourth highest score on my Star Wars!

Man, I LOVE this game!
347EA686-A797-449F-99CC-497C6147B67D (resized).jpeg347EA686-A797-449F-99CC-497C6147B67D (resized).jpegC8C01E73-542B-4D2C-A6E5-900CDD24417B (resized).jpegC8C01E73-542B-4D2C-A6E5-900CDD24417B (resized).jpeg

#6241 2 years ago
Quoted from Madmax541:

I don’t actually. He’s right. Dimpling is just part of pinball. I have yet to see or hear of an instance where dimples have had an effect on gameplay. But I did check my game (March of ‘21) since you asked and it’s pretty light on dimples. I can’t really think of a shot where I get any airballs on this game.

#6242 2 years ago

Stern did use a lesser amount of clear on zepp if I remember right, to try and stop excessive ball marks ( dimples). Does not hurt game or resale, zepp seems to have less than every other stern I've owned.

#6243 2 years ago
Quoted from Madmax541:

I hear that chicks love dimples.

#6244 2 years ago

New meaning to the phrase " crater face". Lol

20210404_162454 (resized).jpg20210404_162454 (resized).jpg
#6245 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

New meaning to the phrase " crater face". Lol
[quoted image]

You’ve played the snot out of your game, so I’m surprised it doesn’t have even more dimples. By the way mine looked the same as yours.

#6246 2 years ago

I'm going to assume everyone thinks this is a dumb idea.

Quoted from aaronjmill:

Wasn't sure where else to put this. Does anyone here think that it'd be possible to add the left reversal/wireform from the Premium to the left reject on the Pro? That's the only feature from the Premium I think the Pro is really lacking. Looks like there are two full assemblies, one for the reversal and one for the wireform. Each has a set of optos, though, and there's only a single standup target on the Pro. I think there'd have to be some kind of code modification for it to work properly with both switches. I suppose you could just leave one of them out and splice in the opto in place of the standup and it would work similarly. Anyone thought of this or working on it? I'm willing to test on my machine if anyone wants to let me know how I can obtain these assemblies
[quoted image][quoted image]

#6247 2 years ago
Quoted from aaronjmill:

I don’t think it’s a dumb idea. It’s a really satisfying shot when you make it. I’m just not proficient enough to provide any input on making it happen.

#6248 2 years ago
Quoted from aaronjmill:

Doesn’t sound dumb. Just sounds like a lot of work and time for something that might now even work with the code. I would just fork out the extra 1200 bucks for the premium instead of spending all of that time and energy on something that might break your game.

#6249 2 years ago
Quoted from shlt_thunder:

Doesn’t sound dumb. Just sounds like a lot of work and time for something that might now even work with the code. I would just fork out the extra 1200 bucks for the premium instead of spending all of that time and energy on something that might break your game.

That's just it, though, I hate the Electric Magic gimmick. It feels like more of a disruption in the flow of the game than anything else to me. Also, and this is less important, but I love the psychedelic LZIII theme on the Pro. Idk. I'd still like to just get these two assemblies and see if it would be as simple as plug and play. I'll dig into it.

#6250 2 years ago
Quoted from aaronjmill:

That's just it, though, I hate the Electric Magic gimmick. It feels like more of a disruption in the flow of the game than anything else to me. Also, and this is less important, but I love the psychedelic LZIII theme on the Pro. Idk. I'd still like to just get these two assemblies and see if it would be as simple as plug and play. I'll dig into it.

I hear that. I like the III artwork a lot too. You could switch out the translite and turn the mech off on a premium. The lights on the premium are awesome but I guess you an buy those for the pro if you want them. But it also sounds like something you want to do. If you move forward with it, best of luck and I look forward to seeing what you figure out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 65.99
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

5,699 (OBO)
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Far Hills, NJ
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 9,638 posts in this topic. You are on page 125 of 193.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/125 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.