IMG_4772 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4777 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4775 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4776 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
shooter (resized).jpg
20240301_161950 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,617 posts in this topic. You are on page 124 of 193.
#6151 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Thanks for posting our mods -- by "our", I mean John's (Space Coast Pinball) and mine (Rocket City Pinball) ... but I just wanted to clear up whose was whose, since there was a little confusion (probably because you ordered from both of us, lol). Buy with confidence from John -- I know he has many happy customers in this thread -- and if you have any trouble, let me know and I'll go slap him for you (he's a good friend of mine).
Of the mods you described:
Space Coast: Guitar/Amp -- https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1312-space-coast-pinball/04896-deluxe-guitar-and-zoso-amplifier-mod-for-led-zeppelin
Space Coast: Glass corners -- https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1312-space-coast-pinball/04943-glass-corner-protectors-now-bright-yellow
Space Coast: Other stuff -- https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1312-space-coast-pinball
Rocket City: Start Button -- https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/05360-3d-start-button-led-zeppelin
Rocket City: Coin Reject Buttons -- https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/04899-3d-coin-reject-buttons-led-zeppelin
Rocket City: Object mod -- https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/04919-the-object-led-zeppelin-pop-bumper-mo
Rocket City: Other stuff -- https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball

My bad, big thumbs up to both of you

#6152 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

The new spinner needs to be installed with all the new hardware. Mine came with about a dozen pages of instructions. Did you get that also? I have not installed any of it because my original works great.

Yeah I got all that stuff... it looks fairly daunting. I'm an aint-broke-don't-fix it guy but kind of tired of the 50/50 "will MB start or is it ballsearch" that comes with the flipped spinner.

#6153 2 years ago

I have adjust my playfield angle down from 7 to 6.5 and with a flathead screwdriver gently tried to change the angle of the ball guide for the left eject and the ball still hits the top of the left sling when it is ejected. I guess next I will have have to lift the playfield and inspect how the ball guide is attached to the playfield underneath. Hoping it’s a nut I can loosen and get a little more movement.

Also, when I select the 20 pop bumpers tour and send the ball up the left orbit it hits the gate and just goes down through the pop bumpers without hitting a thing and when it goes up the right orbit it ejects from the top lock hits the gate and more often then not does the same thing. What do most of you guys have the eject setting set at for when the gate is closed? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

#6154 2 years ago

Switches tested good. I did reset the Node connector as well. Stumbled upon this in the Technician Alerts. Sent to stern, so I'll post the results when I get them.

PXL_20210922_143427026.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20210922_143427026.MP (resized).jpg
#6155 2 years ago
Quoted from Blue_Agave:

I have adjust my playfield angle down from 7 to 6.5 and with a flathead screwdriver gently tried to change the angle of the ball guide for the left eject and the ball still hits the top of the left sling when it is ejected. I guess next I will have have to lift the playfield and inspect how the ball guide is attached to the playfield underneath. Hoping it’s a nut I can loosen and get a little more movement.

There definitely should have been a VUK to the left ramp here, like STLE. But I’ve decided to accept that the ball will always hit the top of the left sling. I cranked the left eject power to 150. That eliminated the “slow bounce to SDTM”, and adds a little excitement. Try that before altering your game too much, and let me know what you think.

#6156 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah I got all that stuff... it looks fairly daunting. I'm an aint-broke-don't-fix it guy but kind of tired of the 50/50 "will MB start or is it ballsearch" that comes with the flipped spinner.

If you think the new mech is going to fix that you are going to be disappointed.

#6157 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

If you think the new mech is going to fix that you are going to be disappointed.

Explain!

#6158 2 years ago

I got one with the new mech and that shit still happens, seemingly totally random. I haven't had a chance to dig into it but the times I've gone into test everything looks like it's working as it should.

#6159 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Yeah, I have the new mech and spinner, and it’s about 50/50 for me too, if I don’t nudge it on the way down. So I nudge.

#6160 2 years ago

What is it that causes it, the ball opto showing open?

#6161 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

I got one with the new mech and that shit still happens, seemingly totally random. I haven't had a chance to dig into it but the times I've gone into test everything looks like it's working as it should.

Here’s my theory about what happens. The spinner gets pulled toward the ball, due to the magnet. The ball then gets stuck behind the spinner, so it can’t trigger the opto at the front of the EM mech. See pic for an example. I believe that this can be fixed in code. The game “knows” that it grabbed the ball and pulled it down below the playfield. This won’t be an easy code change, there’s probably a fairly complex state machine involved. But this needs to get fixed. I’d even be okay with a strong activation of the shaker motor once the EM stage is fully submerged. Or, pulse the magnet a few times as someone else suggested. Bringing the EM back up should be a last resort in the ball search.

391340A0-DDFB-4281-B803-0E564DB3E713 (resized).jpeg391340A0-DDFB-4281-B803-0E564DB3E713 (resized).jpeg

#6162 2 years ago

Yeah maybe longer dead spots in the magnet pulse so it will at least activate / deactivate or something.

It's been a little bit since we got an update. Hopefully the next one has a fix for this as well as mega spinner lights as an option.

#6163 2 years ago

SO glad I have a pro!

#6164 2 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

SO glad I have a pro!

Mo’ mechs, mo’ problems. But I don’t feel like this is a dealbreaker. I’ve gotten used to shaking the game a little when I lock a ball in the EM. And I feel confident that eventually Stern or one of us will come up with a solution.

#6165 2 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

SO glad I have a pro!

yes I love my pro. I play this game more than any of my other games.

#6166 2 years ago

Any issues with the EM spinner are 1000x worth it for the frenzy!!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#6167 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

There definitely should have been a VUK to the left ramp here, like STLE. But I’ve decided to accept that the ball will always hit the top of the left sling. I cranked the left eject power to 150. That eliminated the “slow bounce to SDTM”, and adds a little excitement. Try that before altering your game too much, and let me know what you think.

Thanks! Any suggestions for the setting of the upper eject? I’m currently at the default settings for the upper eject and can’t seem to get any popopoppopopop when it bounces off the closed gate.

#6168 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Here’s my theory about what happens. The spinner gets pulled toward the ball, due to the magnet. The ball then gets stuck behind the spinner, so it can’t trigger the opto at the front of the EM mech. See pic for an example. I believe that this can be fixed in code. The game “knows” that it grabbed the ball and pulled it down below the playfield. This won’t be an easy code change, there’s probably a fairly complex state machine involved. But this needs to get fixed. I’d even be okay with a strong activation of the shaker motor once the EM stage is fully submerged.
[quoted image]

I agree, I don't see why it wouldn't be able to be fixed with code.

#6169 2 years ago

Oh man, I’m so happy right now. I cranked my left eject up to 200, and now the ball goes straight to the left flipper every time. It’s approaching the F-14 “Yagov” kicker in speed, but I’m okay with that.

Quoted from Blue_Agave:

Thanks! Any suggestions for the setting of the upper eject?

Try different settings with the glass off. You can start the pop bumper tour to force that upper gate closed. I think mine is still at the default, but I haven’t noticed any issues with that.

#6170 2 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

SO glad I have a pro!

I'm glad you do, too; it opened up an LE spot for me. Thanks!

I have the new spinner mech...it solved my ball search issues I was having with the flipped spinner. So there you go, CrazyLevi !

#6171 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm glad you do, too; it opened up an LE spot for me. Thanks!
I have the new spinner mech...it solved my ball search issues I was having with the flipped spinner. So there you go, CrazyLevi !

My LZ premium is still sitting NIB in the garage. Hoping to get to it this weekend. I need to check my build date on the machine. Do you know at what point in time new builds would have had the updated mech?

#6172 2 years ago

I still believe the original mech is best because the arms on spinner run at 90°, instead of 45° or so. The lesser the angle, the more prone it is going to be to bend. I've been very lucky, straightened and reversed it one time, has not failed again

#6173 2 years ago

And, I think so early guys had so many issues because of constantly straightening the spinner, it fatigued the arms. Someone here, cant remember who, flipped it around and it solved most people's problems. I got one of the last delivered , in Washington, so did not have problems early.

#6174 2 years ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

My LZ premium is still sitting NIB in the garage. Hoping to get to it this weekend. I need to check my build date on the machine. Do you know at what point in time new builds would have had the updated mech?

It was fairly early; in the spring, I believe.

Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I still believe the original mech is best because the arms on spinner run at 90°, instead of 45° or so. The lesser the angle, the more prone it is going to be to bend. I've been very lucky, straightened and reversed it one time, has not failed again

I think this is backwards. The initial spinners were closer to 90 and bent like crazy. The updated ones are 45 and I haven't had an issue since the swap.

#6175 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

It was fairly early; in the spring, I believe.

I think this is backwards. The initial spinners were closer to 90 and bent like crazy. The updated ones are 45 and I haven't had an issue since the swap.

Nope. The 90° will bend less I believe. Less length to the arms. Mine have never been out since 2nd day of owning. I've been welding for 45+ years, have worked lots of metal. The longer it is, the more prone to bends or warpage it is.

#6176 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Nope. The 90° will bend less I believe. Less length to the arms. Mine have never been out since 2nd day of owning

My original spinner (90 degree) went bad about 3 games after taking the game out of the box. I kept bending it back, it would work for half a game, and then beef again.

Flipping the spinner fixed the issue, the spinner hasn't gotten stuck in hundreds of games. Just the occaisional issue with it not recognizing it for multiball.

Seems like this issue could be fixed with a code update...once it recognizes the ball is "locked," just have it go below and start multiball. Don't see what the extra switch "hit" is for, it should know the ball was captured and lowered.

#6177 2 years ago

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my LZ premium. That said... I'm still having issues with my spinner fairly often unfortunately. Mine never gets stuck, rather it pops out of the bracket and ends up flying all over the playfield until I stop the ball I'm on. My build was in April, so I'm pretty certain I had the "fixed" version. Regardless Stern sent me a replacement. Unfortunately I have messed around with both the original and replacement spinner to the point that I can't remember how much bend either of them are supposed to have. How should they look?

My Star Wars is having an issue with some of the optos in the horseshoe. That machine is under warranty and my local dealer does in house warranty service. We're scheduled for a few weeks from now to get that looked at. I was trying to save a buck when I ordered my LZ, so I ordered from out of state to try to avoid the dreaded California sales tax, in hindsight I wish I'd just bit the bullet and had the in house warranty with the local dealer on LZ. I'll pay him for his time to dial in the LZ when he's here, hoping that an expert like him will know what needs to be done to avoid these damn spinner issues.

Again, I LOVE this game, it rocks and is tons and tons and tons of fun. Just need to get this issue sorted.

#6178 2 years ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

Mine never gets stuck, rather it pops out of the bracket and ends up flying all over the playfield until I stop the ball I'm on

Post a pic of your mechanism from straight on. It sounds like the support brackets aren’t parallel. Having the spinner pop out isn’t a common problem.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Seems like this issue could be fixed with a code update...once it recognizes the ball is "locked," just have it go below and start multiball. Don't see what the extra switch "hit" is for, it should know the ball was captured and lowered

Exactly! It’s like it goes: “Aha, you’ve spun enough, I’m gonna grab your ball. Okay, lowering the ball under the playfield…WAIT WHERE DID THE BALL GO?”

I don’t see the gameplay benefit of lowering the ball below the playfield in the first place. Is it to keep the player from starting a 2-ball multiball by hitting it off the magnet? I don’t see that as a problem. Let the beginner have a quick and easy MB, while more advanced players try to boost it to a 3 or 4 ball MB by avoiding the EM and locking balls into the ejects. HEY STERN, I solved your problem! Just don’t lower the EM with a ball on it!!

#6179 2 years ago

Dude wut? It's the destroy the ring shot it rules.

#6180 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Dude wut? It's the destroy the ring shot it rules.

I agree, I love the setup for multiball! But I don’t need to see the ball “disappear” under the playfield to enjoy it.

#6181 2 years ago

Question for Pro owners: how do you know your progress on the songs you’re not currently playing, without the indicators on the backpanel? I happen to agree that the Pro rocks, but I have wondered about this.

#6182 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Nope. The 90° will bend less I believe. Less length to the arms. Mine have never been out since 2nd day of owning. I've been welding for 45+ years, have worked lots of metal. The longer it is, the more prone to bends or warpage it is.

Well...I believe you. But all I know is for me 90=bent while 45=nothing bent yet. (Unless they're using a thicker gauge wire on the 45s?)

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#6183 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Question for Pro owners: how do you know your progress on the songs you’re not currently playing, without the indicators on the backpanel? I happen to agree that the Pro rocks, but I have wondered about this.

Two ways: Instant info is one. The other is to be at the song select screen from shooting the upper eject with a min. 5 gold records(or in the shooter lane at the start of a ball). As you scroll through the songs you will see what your progress is on each song.

Both are highly inferior to our prem/LE backboard! Just be sure to drill or dremmel out the R in Rock and Roll to get the full song lit up.(I know it's minor, but once you see it.....)

#6184 2 years ago

Funny how some people are and aren't having issues with both spinner set ups.

#6185 2 years ago

Gomez is blaming Covid for the crap metal spinner falling off!! He wasn’t too happy when I asked if his Stern Connect can detect when a Magic Spinner flys off!!!! Rather see time and money spent on Quality under the glass, not more BS information overload involving a cell phone!!! I bent mine, hasn’t fallen off yet, Cointaker/Stern did mail replacement spinner. Fantastic game !!!

#6186 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Post a pic of your mechanism from straight on. It sounds like the support brackets aren’t parallel. Having the spinner pop out isn’t a common problem.

Here’s a couple photos of my EM mech

48DCFCEB-F837-4F70-87A2-C979C4B0322B (resized).jpeg48DCFCEB-F837-4F70-87A2-C979C4B0322B (resized).jpeg9366EBF3-A1FD-453A-9E83-3C1718C7B79F (resized).jpeg9366EBF3-A1FD-453A-9E83-3C1718C7B79F (resized).jpeg
#6187 2 years ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

I would bend the spinner support “arms” in a little bit. It won’t hurt the shot, and it should keep your spinner secure.

#6188 2 years ago

My favorite thing about this game is how perfectly layered the rules are. Examples:

- I could shoot the Ramp to start Zep MB, but should I risk it and try to start my tour first?
- My Icarus is up to 12X and I just need a few more shots for EM Frenzy. Gotta avoid Icarus…
- Do I start my 2nd tour (and light EB), or start that juicy EM Frenzy?

Such a great, great game. And by far my favorite after-work beer pin now.

#6189 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I would bend the spinner support “arms” in a little bit. It won’t hurt the shot, and it should keep your spinner secure.

Thanks. I’ll give that a try!

#6190 2 years ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Your EM base is sitting too high when raised. It needs to be flush. Go under the PF and lower the motor ever so slightly. Several other owners have fixed EM spinner problems by leveling the base height even with the PF.

Also looks like it might be a little higher on the left than the right.

#6191 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Your EM base is sitting too high when raised. It needs to be flush. Go under the PF and lower the motor ever so slightly. Several other owners have fixed EM spinner problems by leveling the base height even with the PF.
Also looks like it might be a little higher on the left than the right.

I do have the pdf instructions for leveling the EM
mech as provided by Stern. This is something I planned to ask my local distributor to do for me when he comes over in a few weeks. Waxing and replacing bulbs I’m good with. More involved things I’d rather bring in an expert. Thanks though, I thought this could be the reason, nice to have a second opinion.

#6192 2 years ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

I do have the pdf instructions for leveling the EM
mech as provided by Stern

Where can I get a copy of this pdf? I need to try and level mine.

Thanks
Ed

#6193 2 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

Where can I get a copy of this pdf? I need to try and level mine.
Thanks
Ed

Here you go friend.

109E730D-9B86-48E5-AFCB-58D860ED2AAD (resized).png109E730D-9B86-48E5-AFCB-58D860ED2AAD (resized).png238CDE7C-0CED-4AB9-B00E-9248EA098609 (resized).png238CDE7C-0CED-4AB9-B00E-9248EA098609 (resized).png65EFFA3C-7E3E-4683-BEFE-E13A27FE74FB (resized).png65EFFA3C-7E3E-4683-BEFE-E13A27FE74FB (resized).png8E767D96-D80A-469F-8A4C-78C50607E6E0 (resized).png8E767D96-D80A-469F-8A4C-78C50607E6E0 (resized).png9DB833A7-CEC6-432E-A28B-B8723EC20A0A (resized).png9DB833A7-CEC6-432E-A28B-B8723EC20A0A (resized).pngAAC82A99-8D7E-4E4A-8041-525B01B95880 (resized).pngAAC82A99-8D7E-4E4A-8041-525B01B95880 (resized).pngAC717991-5C09-4F48-8BFE-0740326F11CA (resized).pngAC717991-5C09-4F48-8BFE-0740326F11CA (resized).png
#6194 2 years ago

Looks like they got out of order. Sorry about that.

#6195 2 years ago

Please forward that PDF to Stern and ask them to post it here:

https://sternpinball.com/support/service-bulletins/

Or if you don’t mind emailing to me, I can do that

#6196 2 years ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

I had an NIB left untouched for about 3 minutes once. This was the longest it sat before I opened it ever. And it was only because I had to pee really bad.

#6197 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

I had an NIB left untouched for about 3 minutes once. This was the longest it sat before I opened it ever. And it was only because I had to pee really bad.

Now to blow your mind there is also a NIB TMNT premium next to it in the garage. Patience is a virtue, lol. Need to make more room inside for them. I have a plan just need time to execute.

#6198 2 years ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Now to blow your mind there is also a NIB TMNT premium next to it in the garage. Patience is a virtue, lol. Need to make more room inside for them. I have a plan just need time to execute.

Cant you put your bed in the garage

#6199 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Or rather, can I put my bed in his garage???

#6200 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Damnit! Back to the drawing board.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 65.99
$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Far Hills, NJ
$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 9,617 posts in this topic. You are on page 124 of 193.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/124 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.