IMG_4772 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4777 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4775 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4776 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
shooter (resized).jpg
20240301_161950 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,617 posts in this topic. You are on page 122 of 193.
#6051 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I would just be happy to make the right ramp consistently from the left flipper. I’m just 3 days in, so maybe it will come with more practice. But right now it’s just “the rattle zone”.

Months in and I’m still working on that shot as well!

#6052 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Thank you guys. I’m not too well versed in flipper adjustments but I’ll give it a shot - I remember I had to tighten one flipper when I first got the game.
Can you post a pic so I can use it as reference?

Pull the glass and just adjust to your liking. But, it takes a long handled Allen to get off, that thing is torqued on hard!!

20210913_180039 (resized).jpg20210913_180039 (resized).jpg20210913_180051 (resized).jpg20210913_180051 (resized).jpg
#6053 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Pull the glass and just adjust to your liking. But, it takes a long handled Allen to get off, that thing is torqued on hard!!

I’ll give it a try - maybe it will help me hit my 500m goal.

#6054 2 years ago

Oh man, what a huge difference! I just backhanded 4 out of 5 shots after making that adjustment. This is the tool and the size you need:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002YDPK92

910CFA07-2363-4D19-8B20-C94F64D228CA (resized).jpeg910CFA07-2363-4D19-8B20-C94F64D228CA (resized).jpeg

#6055 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Oh man, what a huge difference! I just backhanded 4 out of 5 shots after making that adjustment. This is the tool and the size you need:
amazon.com link »
[quoted image]

I know I played 50 or so games with no backhand once. Pulled glass and spent time practicing .now I can hit fairly regularly, but,,,,,,, it does seem to me its a bit harder to hit left eject from cradle. Rolling, easy,

#6056 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Pull the glass and just adjust to your liking. But, it takes a long handled Allen to get off, that thing is torqued on hard!![quoted image][quoted image]

Those flipper toppers are the best ones, IMO. I got a set, but my friend wanted a set and I couldn't find them. I think there was some cease and desist that was sent to Laseriffic or whoever made them and they were discontinued. Sucks because they're really cool.

#6057 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Those flipper toppers are the best ones, IMO. I got a set, but my friend wanted a set and I couldn't find them. I think there was some cease and desist that was sent to Laseriffic or whoever made them and they were discontinued. Sucks because they're really cool.

I can't even remember who made them. Do you ?

#6058 2 years ago
Quoted from Chuckwebster:

Superlube is very good- but i prefer DuPont Teflon wax. its specifically designed to be dry and not pick up dirt. makes a spinner go forever too

Damn !

#6059 2 years ago

Zoom spout is very good too. Tiny bit on a q tip

#6060 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Pull the glass and just adjust to your liking. But, it takes a long handled Allen to get off, that thing is torqued on hard!![quoted image][quoted image]

Does that throw off any forehand shots from right flipper ?

#6061 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Does that throw off any forehand shots from right flipper ?

It makes the left eject shot happen pretty late on the flipper, but the others seemed to get easier to me. BUT, I haven’t had a game over 30M since I changed it, lol.

#6062 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I can't even remember who made them. Do you ?

Yeah...I think it was Laseriffic through Cointaker. Can't get 'em now.

#6063 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

It makes the left eject shot happen pretty late on the flipper, but the others seemed to get easier to me. BUT, I haven’t had a game over 30M since I changed it, lol.

Agreed on shots, but still scoring decent , just can't break a billion. And only been past 800 mill once.

#6064 2 years ago

I’ve had roughly 8-10 games 280-395 and that’s all recent .I kinda take what the pin is giving mostly as far as strategy . That’s what I really like about this one .Yes there are 2 paths you can go by ,but in the long run ,there’s still time to change the road your on …

#6065 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I’ve had roughly 8-10 games 280-395 and that’s all recent .I kinda take what the pin is giving mostly as far as strategy . That’s what I really like about this one .Yes there are 2 paths you can go by ,but in the long run ,there’s still time to change the road your on …

^^^^^

#6066 2 years ago

Anyone know what adjustment to make to the ramp shot that you hit with upper flipper? Very tough shot with lots of rejects.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#6067 2 years ago

Awkward wave, hi, I'm new.

I'm having some trouble with the EM spinner when raised. At first the back was a little too high and a slow ball would get stuck on the lip. I loosened the 3 bolts underneath and then the two bottom screws. That did set it just a millimeter or 2 lower, made it level in the back, and fixed the problem. Of course now however, it's a millimeter or so too low in the front and now occasionally a ball will get stuck on the front lip when it's raised.

Is there any way to adjust the front independently from the back when in the raised position?

#6068 2 years ago

Has anyone successfully loaded an SD card image into Pinball Browser? I just want to replace one song: Communication Breakdown. I know the lit shots won’t match the music sections, that’s okay.

I downloaded an SD card image from Stern and tried loading it in pinball browser v7.81 (the latest). I get “Unknown firmware!”.

#6069 2 years ago

I’m liking this look, basically reversing the flipper bat/rubber colors. These are Bally flipper bats, so I’ll swap in Stern/modern when I get my order.

I cranked the playfield back up to 7 degrees. It’s more fast and fun, but my scores are suffering. [EDIT: the old-style flipper bats might have something to do with that]

Enhancement request: If I’m down to 1 ball and I get a ball save, the game should lower the EM before kicking a new ball into the shooter lane. That may seem small, but there are many times that would have helped me.

7C449927-B839-4C7B-8DF8-0B476FE87E8B (resized).jpeg7C449927-B839-4C7B-8DF8-0B476FE87E8B (resized).jpeg

#6070 2 years ago
Quoted from Killtacular:

Is there any way to adjust the front independently from the back when in the raised position?

I was hoping a LZ veteran owner could answer your question. I lucked out, the previous owner leveled my EM perfectly so I haven’t had to adjust it.

#6071 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I was hoping a LZ veteran owner could answer your question. I lucked out, the previous owner leveled my EM perfectly so I haven’t had to adjust it.

Thank you. It's so close to perfect that I'm afraid to experiment blindly and risk making it worse.

#6072 2 years ago

This game is so intense.

Quoted from Killtacular:

Thank you. It's so close to perfect that I'm afraid to experiment blindly and risk making it worse.

About the best I could get mine was perfectly level in the front when raised but a very slight >1mm lip on the back that on a very rare occasion a ball may get hung up on. Never had an issue with my spinner since leveling it so I'm leaving it as is.

#6073 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

This game is so intense.

About the best I could get mine was perfectly level in the front when raised but a very slight >1mm lip on the back that on a very rare occasion a ball may get hung up on. Never had an issue with my spinner since leveling it so I'm leaving it as is.

Yeah that sounds about where I'm at. Maybe I should just consider that lucky enough and not mess with it any further. No spinner problems as well so at least there is that.

#6074 2 years ago
Quoted from Killtacular:

Yeah that sounds about where I'm at. Maybe I should just consider that lucky enough and not mess with it any further. No spinner problems as well so at least there is that.

The front of the EM definitely needs to be level as if there's any jump it will bash into the bottom of the spinner at a bad angle and bend it. The back doesn't affect it nearly as much. If the front is level and you're not getting many hangups on the backend I would leave it (I get maybe one or two every 10-15 games or so, so not many.)

#6075 2 years ago

I’m in the LZ club! Just pulled the trigger on a premium. I’ve read through this whole tread, just wish I had marked the helpful tips that have been provided. Guess I have to go back through the thread. To be delivered Friday night, man Friday cannot get here fast enough! Guess I’ll have to go drop some quarters at the local brewery to get my fix until Friday.

#6076 2 years ago
Quoted from Blue_Agave:

I’m in the LZ club! Just pulled the trigger on a premium. I’ve read through this whole tread, just wished I had marked the helpful tips that have been provided. Guess I have to go back through the thread. To be delivered Friday night, man Friday cannot get here fast enough! Guess I’ll have to go drop some quarters at the local brewery to get my fix until Friday.

Wise choice !

#6077 2 years ago

Add me to the club as well. I should have my premium next week. They are my favorite band and I am really looking forward to it.

#6078 2 years ago

Great to see so many of us new owners getting on board this week.

I’d recommend reading the rule sheet at TiltForums, as well as the one Stern put together. It took me a few days to absorb it all, but I’m really happy with the code now that I understand it.

http://tiltforums.com/t/led-zeppelin-rulesheet/6878

The Icarus rules confused me at first, but now they make perfect sense. Save your Icarus shot for when the four inserts are yellow or green, and you have a great mode going. I blew up an EM Frenzy that way, felt awesome. I’d put the rules for this game in the same category as TWD and MET. RayDay is killing it!

#6079 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Great to see so many of us new owners getting on board this week.
I’d recommend reading the rule sheet at TiltForums, as well as the one Stern put together. It took me a few days to absorb it all, but I’m really happy with the code now that I understand it.
http://tiltforums.com/t/led-zeppelin-rulesheet/6878
The Icarus rules confused me at first, but now they make perfect sense. Save your Icarus shot for when the four inserts are yellow or green, and you have a great mode going. I blew up an EM Frenzy that way, felt awesome. I’d put the rules for this game in the same category as TWD and MET. RayDay is killing it!

Thanks for the link. My machine has 1.02 code I believe, which code version took out the EM light frenzy? Or has that issue been rectified?

#6080 2 years ago

I’ve only played 1.05, but I don’t see how anyone could be disappointed with it. EM Frenzy is plenty frenetic for me.

#6081 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I’ve only played 1.05, but I don’t see how anyone could be disappointed with it. EM Frenzy is plenty frenetic for me.

If you can find 1.2 or earlier, its worth the loss of minor tweaks. The light show during frenzy is unreal! I'm still on 1.0, no reason to change, my opinion

#6082 2 years ago

Okay, I may need to try 1.02. I’m a little worried about bricking my node boards if I roll back, though.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#6083 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Okay, I may need to try 1.02. I’m a little worried about bricking my node boards if I roll back, though.

No idea if that will happen or not.

#6084 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Is there no way to just reset to default code that it shipped with? Or do you have to reinstall the old code?

#6085 2 years ago
Quoted from Enron64:

Is there no way to just reset to default code that it shipped with? Or do you have to reinstall the old code?

There’s no “reset” so you’d have to install older code. And there’s no guarantee that the older code would work with the latest node board firmware. Best to just blink rapidly instead.

#6086 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

There’s no “reset” so you’d have to install older code. And there’s no guarantee that the older code would work with the latest node board firmware. Best to just blink rapidly instead.

Ahhh ok. Yeah that makes sense. I enjoy the current code so I will just keep playing as is.

#6087 2 years ago

Ignore the left side, that was with 80’s Bally flippers

BA37EF44-6B3E-42F4-8AA6-42DD9584E1F7 (resized).jpegBA37EF44-6B3E-42F4-8AA6-42DD9584E1F7 (resized).jpeg
#6088 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Ignore the left side, that was with 80’s Bally flippers
[quoted image]

Well, looking at the chart , the difference is really clear. More beer!!

#6089 2 years ago

Joined the premium club this week and I’m completely blown away by this machine…absolutely fantastic!!! I’m a huge music fan and like Led Zeppelin but my first impression when LZ was launched was meh… but boy what was I wrong! Everything is spot on with this machine, layout, rules, music, light show, wait… oh sorry I just realize I don’t need to convince you guys. I’m so glad I’ve pulled the trigger and joined the club

#6090 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I rolled back...you won't brick anything.

#6091 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I rolled back...you won't brick anything.

wouldn't you rather have the latest fixes?

#6092 2 years ago

Joined the club this week. NIB LZ premium showed up this week. Excited to get it opened and in the game room. With increasing prices I am shocked the rest of the LZ premiums aren’t sold out.

#6093 2 years ago

Since this is my first in home pin, can anyone suggest a play field glass protector to rest the glass on a tile floor for when I pull the glass. Thanks in advance.

#6094 2 years ago
Quoted from Blue_Agave:

Since this is my first in home pin, can anyone suggest a play field glass protector to rest the glass on a tile floor for when I pull the glass. Thanks in advance.

A towel works fine.

#6095 2 years ago
Quoted from Blue_Agave:

Go on Rocket Pinballs site .He’s here on pinside .He has little corner protectors that are perfect .Also I couldn’t help bet get the object,start button and coin slot mods

0D10D028-8909-4B00-B6C4-6DEEC30128AD (resized).jpeg0D10D028-8909-4B00-B6C4-6DEEC30128AD (resized).jpeg2C405968-3D4E-4130-A179-0DDC4FC0D46C (resized).jpeg2C405968-3D4E-4130-A179-0DDC4FC0D46C (resized).jpegAA20D79F-1C9E-40B3-AE7E-02A7054CDEA3 (resized).jpegAA20D79F-1C9E-40B3-AE7E-02A7054CDEA3 (resized).jpeg
#6096 2 years ago
Quoted from Blue_Agave:

I use the corner wedges sold here on pinside. Works great

#6097 2 years ago

My led premium came installed with the latest version. After reading in this thread about the 1.02 em frenzy, I did successfully go back to that version. The light show was pretty cool, but for me, I felt like after playing a few hours - it was giving me a headache . I went back to latest version. Hopefully they will bring it back with an configurable option.

#6098 2 years ago
Quoted from Blue_Agave:

You can also use a pool noodle. Cut in half then slit it open. Pull you glass out a bit, put it on.

Towel or cardboard works fine.

#6099 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

wouldn't you rather have the latest fixes?

Aren't most of the latest fixes in wizard modes or things I'll never see?

Honestly, I haven't noticed any differences in the rolled back code outside of the fact that I seem to twitch a bit when the lights start flashing.

#6100 2 years ago

Hello, I'm just 2 weeks in to my adventure with Zeppelin. I've noticed that my electric magic mech sits a touch high when raised. Can anyone show a pic or describe where I can make the adjustment to lower it a touch?
Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,286 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, IN
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Suffern, NY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Walnut Creek, CA
$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 65.99
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

There are 9,617 posts in this topic. You are on page 122 of 193.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/122?hl=number_runner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.