IMG_4772 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4777 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4775 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4776 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
shooter (resized).jpg
20240301_161950 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,617 posts in this topic. You are on page 121 of 193.
#6001 2 years ago

Oversized I get… I wouldn’t say ugly tho more like “odd” haha - I think it’s cool. Love that it spins. Don’t know exactly what they were going after but I like it. The New one above is cool too.

#6002 2 years ago

I don’t mind the Stern rod but haven’t bought one because it looks massive and fear it’s going to snag me when I walk by it. That bronze rod is really cool looking but I don’t want any more icarus on my machine as that fucker is everywhere already.

#6003 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

I love my Stern LZ shooter - ZOSO must always face up for good vibes...

It does look cumbersome but does shoot well, good feel.

#6004 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Oversized I get… I wouldn’t say ugly tho more like “odd” haha - I think it’s cool. Love that it spins. Don’t know exactly what they were going after but I like it. The New one above is cool too.

The issue is that it doesn't match an LE at all. It goes with a premium MUCH better. The topper I think goes with the LE better...so it's kind of a strange mix and match thing.

#6005 2 years ago

Rocket City pinball!

20210908_194244 (resized).jpg20210908_194244 (resized).jpg20210908_194245 (resized).jpg20210908_194245 (resized).jpg
#6006 2 years ago
Quoted from Forehead_Slap:

Well... This happened today. If you start a game, it acts normal and ejects balls just fine. Anyone else sent this??

I had this same exact problem. Let me guess, the GI in the backboard is completely out?

Pull the playfield out a bit. Look at the solder on the back of the GI bulbs on the backboard. You'll probably see extra/sloppy solder. See pic. Once removed, that solved the issue.

225358246_243019144354820_2655881573453560284_n (resized).jpg225358246_243019144354820_2655881573453560284_n (resized).jpg
#6007 2 years ago

I didn’t expect to join this club, but an opportunity came along that I couldn’t pass up, so I’m in with a Premium. My wife’s old favorite LOTR will probably be leaving; I think she’ll like LZ better anyway. My go-to song playing this pin has been “Trampled Under Foot”. We’ll see if the song remains the same, haha.

#6008 2 years ago

Well my distro confirmed that he will be delivering my LZ premium and Mando premium Sunday. I am actually more excited about my LZ now even though I just pulled the trigger on it the past couple of weeks and have been in on mando since may. Sunday can’t come soon enough!

#6009 2 years ago

Thank you Doug at speakerlights - they look outstanding. Highly recommend!

EE66C682-B6DD-4134-AE57-1D061D73E207 (resized).jpegEE66C682-B6DD-4134-AE57-1D061D73E207 (resized).jpeg
#6010 2 years ago

Wow, over 6000 posts, on a game everyone outside of this thread thinks is horrible! Might not be a bad game after all,,,

#6011 2 years ago

Just noticed that all my high scores have reset back to factory #’s and the only one kept is my Grand Champion score. Anyone know what could have caused me to lose the saved info? Only thing I did was add speaker lights yesterday. Played a few games today and all was fine then played another game after 1/2 break and everything is gone…
Quite odd…

#6012 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I didn’t expect to join this club, but an opportunity came along that I couldn’t pass up, so I’m in with a Premium. My wife’s old favorite LOTR will probably be leaving; I think she’ll like LZ better anyway. My go-to song playing this pin has been “Trampled Under Foot”. We’ll see if the song remains the same, haha.

Wise choice .With the price hikes on the horizon I don’t understand why they are not gone yet .Great shooting pin .If comes with 1.02 stay there the seizure lighting is unreal !

#6013 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

[quoted image]

That’s a real tight look !

#6014 2 years ago

Hey all, apologies in advance for coming right in with an issue. I just set up my Premium and I’m hosting our league tomorrow. The problem is that when the EM captures a ball and pulls it under the playfield, the game goes into ball search almost every time. In diags, the EM stage end-of-travel switches register fine, and so does the EM opto. Trough optos all register. I may just disable the EM for tomorrow if I can’t figure this out by 5:00. Kind of a bummer though.

#6015 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Just noticed that all my high scores have reset back to factory #’s and the only one kept is my Grand Champion score. Anyone know what could have caused me to lose the saved info? Only thing I did was add speaker lights yesterday. Played a few games today and all was fine then played another game after 1/2 break and everything is gone…
Quite odd…

Will automatically reset high scores after x number of plays. Adjustable in settings.

#6016 2 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Will automatically reset high scores after x number of plays. Adjustable in settings.

Thank you I went to adjustments and turned # 37 off - I believe that’s the one.

#6017 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Hey all, apologies in advance for coming right in with an issue. I just set up my Premium and I’m hosting our league tomorrow. The problem is that when the EM captures a ball and pulls it under the playfield, the game goes into ball search almost every time. In diags, the EM stage end-of-travel switches register fine, and so does the EM opto. Trough optos all register. I may just disable the EM for tomorrow if I can’t figure this out by 5:00. Kind of a bummer though.

The work around is to give it a slight forward shove. The fix is the straighten the bent spinner arms and put a drop of oil on each spinner arm. And if you have old style, bend the tabs out slightly. See post #5981

#6018 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

The work around is to give it a slight forward shove. The fix is the straighten the bent spinner arms and put a drop of oil on each spinner arm. And if you have old style, bend the tabs out slightly. See post #5981

Thanks man! It actually just started working fine, like an EM pin sometimes does. But I’ll do this tomorrow too.

#6019 2 years ago

I had a set of Flipper Fidelity backbox speakers and 10" subwoofer from a previously owned game laying around, so I decided to try them out on LZ. I also plan on getting a Pinwoofer amp.

The backbox sound quality is noticeably improved over the stock speakers, but I'm kind of puzzled on the bass of the music. The bass is fantastic for feature sounds in the game, so I know the subwoofer is connected properly, but the bass track for every song is faint. All of the other parts of the music are very clear, but just very little bass. I used the settings below from the FF instructions:

Go into  the  service  menu:  Utilities:  VOL: 
Adjust  Speaker  Balance  =  0
Select  Back  Box  Speaker  Type  =  8  Ohm
Select  Back  Box  Bass  Frequency  =  250  Hz
Adjust  Back  Box    Bass  Gain  =  0  db 
Select  Back  Box  Treble  Frequency  =  Disabled
Adjust  Back  Box  Trebel  Gain  =  0  db 
Select  Cabinet  Speaker  Type  =  8  Ohm
Select  Cabinet   Bass  Frequency  =  Disabled Adjust
Cabinet  Bass  Gain  =  6db 
Select  Cabinet  Treble  Frequency  =  Disabled 
Adjust  Cabinet  Treble  Gain  =  ‐12  db

I tried adjusting the Music and Sound Attenuation settings in the Feature Menu, but that didn't seem to help much. Any other ideas?

872B859E-1519-41F2-9FF1-AC8B67ECB197 (resized).jpeg872B859E-1519-41F2-9FF1-AC8B67ECB197 (resized).jpeg
#6020 2 years ago
Quoted from Bellagio:

I had a set of Flipper Fidelity backbox speakers and 10" subwoofer from a previously owned game laying around, so I decided to try them out on LZ. I also plan on getting a Pinwoofer amp.
The backbox sound quality is noticeably improved over the stock speakers, but I'm kind of puzzled on the bass of the music. The bass is fantastic for feature sounds in the game, so I know the subwoofer is connected properly, but the bass track for every song is faint. All of the other parts of the music are very clear, but just very little bass. I used the settings below from the FF instructions:
Go into  the  service  menu:  Utilities:  VOL: 
Adjust  Speaker  Balance  =  0
Select  Back  Box  Speaker  Type  =  8  Ohm
Select  Back  Box  Bass  Frequency  =  250  Hz
Adjust  Back  Box    Bass  Gain  =  0  db 
Select  Back  Box  Treble  Frequency  =  Disabled
Adjust  Back  Box  Trebel  Gain  =  0  db 
Select  Cabinet  Speaker  Type  =  8  Ohm
Select  Cabinet   Bass  Frequency  =  Disabled Adjust
Cabinet  Bass  Gain  =  6db 
Select  Cabinet  Treble  Frequency  =  Disabled 
Adjust  Cabinet  Treble  Gain  =  ‐12  db
I tried adjusting the Music and Sound Attenuation settings in the Feature Menu, but that didn't seem to help much. Any other ideas?[quoted image]

There's an equalizer in settings. Set in a gradual v shape to start and dial in from there.

#6021 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

There's an equalizer in settings. Set in a gradual v shape to start and dial in from there.

To use the settings that FF recommended, I had to turn off the equalizer. I tried turning on the equalizer and put in a v shape, but it was pretty much the same.

Is there any way to turn down the sound effects/callouts and turn up the music?

#6022 2 years ago
Quoted from Bellagio:

To use the settings that FF recommended, I had to turn off the equalizer. I tried turning on the equalizer and put in a v shape, but it was pretty much the same.

Turn music attenuation to minus 10 or 20. Turn speech attenuation to plus 5 or 10.

#6023 2 years ago
Quoted from Bellagio:

Just take out ff stuff and put in pinwoofer. Prob solved!

#6024 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Turn music attenuation to minus 10 or 20. Turn speech attenuation to plus 5 or 10.

This is my recommendation as well. My game sounds amazing with FF speakers - a different sound system won't change how the music and SFX are balanced on Stern's side.

#6025 2 years ago

Thanks guys I’ll try that tonight and report back.

These speakers made a night and day difference in the Met prem I used to have. The hammer coming down was awesome! Regret selling that one…

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#6026 2 years ago

I made those adjustments and that improved things significantly. I think I just hadn’t adjusted them enough or adjusted them in the wrong +/- directions before.

I think to really get the bass where I want it to be though I’m going to have to add an external sub. I’ve never done that on a game before, but I think I may need it with this game to take it to the next level.

Thanks guys!

#6027 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

[quoted image]

Where did you find that fantastic alternate translite? I like my Premium cab but the TL is a little boring.

EDIT: found the answer, Pinstein…

#6028 2 years ago

ok curious and maybe dumb questions upon reading about EQ settings...

Every time we update, do we need to reset the EQ, ie the settings default to the latest code update?

#6029 2 years ago
Quoted from Txcoastal1:

ok curious and maybe dumb questions upon reading about EQ settings...
Every time we update, do we need to reset the EQ, ie the settings default to the latest code update?

No, When you update code it keeps most of your old settings.
EDIT, not a dumb question.

#6030 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Where did you find that fantastic alternate translite? I like my Premium cab but the TL is a little boring.
EDIT: found the answer, Pinstein…

Definitely worth it - Huge improvement.

#6031 2 years ago

In the club! Let the beer flow and music rock tonight.

A82DD7F3-9C22-4F30-B5B9-CA32B66E9ED9 (resized).jpegA82DD7F3-9C22-4F30-B5B9-CA32B66E9ED9 (resized).jpeg
#6032 2 years ago

Well so far the game seems awesome. It’s kicking my ass. The flow is is amazing. It shoots very smooth and this feels like pinball should to me. Mix in the lights and awesome tunes and looks like a winner to me. Not sure why people hate on it but oh well there loss.

#6033 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Wow, over 6000 posts, on a game everyone outside of this thread thinks is horrible! Might not be a bad game after all,,,

I'll be honest, this game was not on my radar at all. I am indifferent on the band...I won't turn them off, but won't seek them out either. The reveal, etc I thought looked decent, but nothing that had me too excited. I finally got to play one a week or so ago, and holy hell, this might be the best shooting game I have ever played. Not exaggerating, the shots are so satisfying...especially the right ramp and the side ramp. I didn't get much feel for the rules, but later watching the RayDay tutorial, I have to say they are not all that intuitive, but definitely interesting. Lots of depth and unique rules for sure. It's one I can't wait to dig deeper into.

By contrast, I was super pumped about Mandalorian. Huge fan of the theme, playfield looked fun and interesting, good, straightforward rules. It was a slam dunk machine for me, 100%. I've played a few different ones now and...meh. I just can't seem to get into it. It's not bad by any means, and maybe it will grow on me, but I'm really glad I didn't sell anything for one.

Just goes to show how initial impressions can be completely wrong...especially before actually flipping a machine. I never in a million years thought I'd be saying I have no interest in Mando but am looking around the gameroom pondering what I can sell for a Led Zeppelin!

This might end up being a machine kind of like Stranger Things, where it gets lost in the shuffle and dismissed until more people get a chance to actually play. I just can't imagine anyone who is a fan of smooth, flowy games not enjoying this.

#6034 2 years ago

But the pro is so "barren"! LOL, Just kidding of course. I love this game in all it's forms.

#6035 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I'll be honest, this game was not on my radar at all. I am indifferent on the band...I won't turn them off, but won't seek them out either. The reveal, etc I thought looked decent, but nothing that had me too excited. I finally got to play one a week or so ago, and holy hell, this might be the best shooting game I have ever played. Not exaggerating, the shots are so satisfying...especially the right ramp and the side ramp. I didn't get much feel for the rules, but later watching the RayDay tutorial, I have to say they are not all that intuitive, but definitely interesting. Lots of depth and unique rules for sure. It's one I can't wait to dig deeper into.
By contrast, I was super pumped about Mandalorian. Huge fan of the theme, playfield looked fun and interesting, good, straightforward rules. It was a slam dunk machine for me, 100%. I've played a few different ones now and...meh. I just can't seem to get into it. It's not bad by any means, and maybe it will grow on me, but I'm really glad I didn't sell anything for one.
Just goes to show how initial impressions can be completely wrong...especially before actually flipping a machine. I never in a million years thought I'd be saying I have no interest in Mando but am looking around the gameroom pondering what I can sell for a Led Zeppelin!
This might end up being a machine kind of like Stranger Things, where it gets lost in the shuffle and dismissed until more people get a chance to actually play. I just can't imagine anyone who is a fan of smooth, flowy games not enjoying this.

People have been saying lz is a sleeper game, which I think it is. Hope more people are open minded and try it out. It does kick my ass still tho,,,

#6036 2 years ago

anyone ever use either of these for spinners ?

6679306D-EE91-4E53-95A3-A863CBA536D7 (resized).jpeg6679306D-EE91-4E53-95A3-A863CBA536D7 (resized).jpegA1295B46-7A5B-49E3-A077-FC1AF2EBDF3C (resized).jpegA1295B46-7A5B-49E3-A077-FC1AF2EBDF3C (resized).jpeg
#6037 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

It’s funny, I just bought both of those games and received them yesterday. I haven’t put much time on either yet but I give the edge to LZ over mando at this point in time. I think you are dead on about the comparison to stranger things. I bet they will stop making Lz premiums like they did with with Stranger things and then it will become desired after the fact.

#6038 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I passed on this one out of the gate mainly because of the cabinet artwork. Glad I bought one later. It is an excellent shooter. Playfield has more going on than meets the eye. Shoots really smooth.

#6039 2 years ago

Best part of LZ are the playfields, which are still imamaculate.

Quoted from Kkoss24:

anyone ever use either of these for spinners ?
[quoted image][quoted image]

SuperLube and a Q-Tip. Done.

#6040 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Thanks I’m on it

#6041 2 years ago

Was going to go with the big ben mod but that reminds me of draining so went with the double neck and couldn’t be happier .The object pop cap and start button are on the way .This game is going nowhere .

3BE88AC7-C3CE-4F93-B857-01DFCDBDF91C (resized).jpeg3BE88AC7-C3CE-4F93-B857-01DFCDBDF91C (resized).jpeg
#6042 2 years ago

Gave it a quick wax and oiled up the spinners .Man this pin is a trip , the light show is incredible and I got the rules down finally .

#6043 2 years ago

My only mod so far, a little more protection for the butt.

24C4118C-512C-4FE2-9F86-A186E78BB2BC (resized).jpeg24C4118C-512C-4FE2-9F86-A186E78BB2BC (resized).jpegB9DA3831-2949-4FB1-AA4A-31DD4A45AE4E (resized).jpegB9DA3831-2949-4FB1-AA4A-31DD4A45AE4E (resized).jpeg
#6044 2 years ago

I fixed a few EM problems today.

First, the EM platform stopped about halfway up. I figured out that a pair of thick black wires were tripping the end-of-travel switch on the way up. One little red zip tie fixed that (above my middle finger in the 2nd pic).

Second problem, the EM spinner stopped horizontal instead of vertical. I removed the spinner and adjusted the wire until it was perpendicular to the spinner body again. While it was out I added a few layers of mylar to the bottom of it.
939C7481-8723-471B-A7DA-A5229BBE2843 (resized).jpeg939C7481-8723-471B-A7DA-A5229BBE2843 (resized).jpegBC76B19A-1026-491E-A5B0-0960AED2656E (resized).jpegBC76B19A-1026-491E-A5B0-0960AED2656E (resized).jpeg

#6045 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Superlube is very good- but i prefer DuPont Teflon wax. its specifically designed to be dry and not pick up dirt. makes a spinner go forever too

#6046 2 years ago

Are there any adjustments that need to be made to backhand cradle right flipper to right ramp? Mine barely can make it up even if hit clean. And I mean barely…My pitch is set right in the middle of the level. Any tips appreciated as I see many do it with ease as in the video above.

#6047 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Are there any adjustments that need to be made to backhand cradle right flipper to right ramp? Mine barely can make it up even if hit clean. And I mean barely…My pitch is set right in the middle of the leveler.

I moved my right flipper ahead slightly. With glass off and tons of attempts I could not backhand until I moved it forward of the index dot

#6048 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Are there any adjustments that need to be made to backhand cradle right flipper to right ramp? Mine barely can make it up even if hit clean. And I mean barely…My pitch is set right in the middle of the leveler.

you can raise the flipper bat a smidge above the alignment posts.

#6049 2 years ago

Thank you guys. I’m not too well versed in flipper adjustments but I’ll give it a shot - I remember I had to tighten one flipper when I first got the game.

Can you post a pic so I can use it as reference?

#6050 2 years ago

I would just be happy to make the right ramp consistently from the left flipper. I’m just 3 days in, so maybe it will come with more practice. But right now it’s just “the rattle zone”.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 65.99
$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
St. Augustine, FL
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 9,617 posts in this topic. You are on page 121 of 193.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/121?hl=number_runner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.