IMG_6977 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6979 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6978 (resized).jpeg
20240301_162016 (resized).jpg
20240301_162025 (resized).jpg
20240301_161950 (resized).jpg
20240301_161936 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,547 posts in this topic. You are on page 120 of 191.
#5951 2 years ago

Okay, I made a video...I shot the right orbit repeatedly, and edited out all the dead space, so I have a video that just shows a series of shots up the right orbit. Most get rejected. The first two and a half minutes show approximately 22 shots at regular speed, and then the video shows the same shots at half speed. The half speed video is revealing. Although the rejects vary, there is one thing that seems to happen consistently: a solid right orbit shot skates across the rubber along the top of the playfield, and then strikes the metal guide just above the saucer...from there, the ball ricochets downwards into the gate for the reject (examples at 7:07, 8:20 and 9:24). Even some of the balls that don't get rejected seem to bounce off the ball guide above the saucer and then ricochet off the gate, but the gate sometimes bounces them into the saucer.
Based on this, I see two possible fixes: bend the ball guide above the saucer upwards to reduce the angle of downward ricochet, or bend the gate wireform to try and get the ball to bounce upwards into the saucer instead of away from the saucer.
But, I'm open to better ideas...I'm not sure "bending" metal is the best

I would suggest examining the ball guide in the right orbit to see if it reveals any clues as to what the ball is doing. For example, it may not look like the ball is getting airborne, but the ball guide may suggest otherwise. It could also indicate if the ball is bouncing at a consistent spot that may give you an idea how to shape, bend, or otherwise adjust. Take a look at my post #4862.

#5952 2 years ago
Quoted from gwarrior:

Okay, I made a video...I shot the right orbit repeatedly, and edited out all the dead space, so I have a video that just shows a series of shots up the right orbit. Most get rejected. The first two and a half minutes show approximately 22 shots at regular speed, and then the video shows the same shots at half speed. The half speed video is revealing. Although the rejects vary, there is one thing that seems to happen consistently: a solid right orbit shot skates across the rubber along the top of the playfield, and then strikes the metal guide just above the saucer...from there, the ball ricochets downwards into the gate for the reject (examples at 7:07, 8:20 and 9:24). Even some of the balls that don't get rejected seem to bounce off the ball guide above the saucer and then ricochet off the gate, but the gate sometimes bounces them into the saucer.
Based on this, I see two possible fixes: bend the ball guide above the saucer upwards to reduce the angle of downward ricochet, or bend the gate wireform to try and get the ball to bounce upwards into the saucer instead of away from the saucer.
But, I'm open to better ideas...I'm not sure "bending" metal is the best solution.

I would suggest examining the ball guide in the right orbit to see if it reveals any clues as to what the ball is doing. For example, it may not look like the ball is getting airborne, but the ball guide may suggest otherwise. It could also indicate if the ball is bouncing at a consistent spot that may give you an idea how to shape, bend, or otherwise adjust. Take a look at my post #4862.

#5953 2 years ago

I got a new EM MB high score tonight. So hard to set it up just right. My Supers during this were 39M! Sometimes they're only 5M. Sometimes they're only 500K. The set up phase is difficult and the most important part.

20210831_205719 (resized).jpg20210831_205719 (resized).jpg
#5954 2 years ago

Just received my new replacement topper - they have reduced the spotlight rotation noise big time on this new run - very pleased.

AC0A9D04-D3DC-46A8-848E-05E8BDC2CDB9 (resized).jpegAC0A9D04-D3DC-46A8-848E-05E8BDC2CDB9 (resized).jpeg
#5955 2 years ago

[quoted image]

Those speaker lights are badass

#5956 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Just received my new replacement topper - they have reduced the spotlight rotation noise big time on this new run - very pleased.
[quoted image]

you are ready to crack into the 1 Billion club

#5957 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

you are ready to crack into the 1 Billion club

assuming you havent already for no reason

#5958 2 years ago

Nowhere close, but I have 5 days off from work with no plans other than learning the ruleset and kicking this machines ass!

#5959 2 years ago

I just took delivery of a new LZ Premium and I'm noticing that the Icarus isn't popping up and dropping down as it should. There seems to be quite a bit of resistance. I've searched a bit on this forum and see where folks have grinded the post of the Icarus down, etc. I'd rather not alter the game to try and fix it, are there any other suggestions (besides lube which is already on it) to make that toy pop up and down as it should? Thanks!

#5960 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBubbles:

I just took delivery of a new LZ Premium and I'm noticing that the Icarus isn't popping up and dropping down as it should. There seems to be quite a bit of resistance. I've searched a bit on this forum and see where folks have grinded the post of the Icarus down, etc. I'd rather not alter the game to try and fix it, are there any other suggestions (besides lube which is already on it) to make that toy pop up and down as it should? Thanks!

There is a bracket underneath the play field that I adjusted.

#5961 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBubbles:

Make sure its straight and don't oil it, use wax.

#5962 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Make sure its straight and don't oil it, use wax.

No you tell me. Little blitz?

#5963 2 years ago
Quoted from Drussksu:

There is a bracket underneath the play field that I adjusted.

It does seem that bracket is what it's rubbing against. Spent about 15 mins trying to adjust it with no luck. Once I re-tighten the nut that holds that bracket it's the same result. The metal Icarus pole already has some kind of grease on it from the factory, but doesn't help. Guess when I get over being annoyed at yet another NIB I have to mess with to get working right I'll take another look. Always amazes me how key pieces of functionality in a game aren't found to be not working prior to shipping... you know... basic QA? In the meantime I've reached out to Stern to see if they have another solution.

#5964 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBubbles:

It does seem that bracket is what it's rubbing against. Spent about 15 mins trying to adjust it with no luck. Once I re-tighten the nut that holds that bracket it's the same result. The metal Icarus pole already has some kind of grease on it from the factory, but doesn't help. Guess when I get over being annoyed at yet another NIB I have to mess with to get working right I'll take another look. Always amazes me how key pieces of functionality in a game aren't found to be not working prior to shipping... you know... basic QA? In the meantime I've reached out to Stern to see if they have another solution.

have you looked at the guide on top of the playfield ? one screw it may be crooked.And wax

#5965 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

have you looked at the guide on top of the playfield ? one screw it may be crooked.And wax

guess that seemed too easy to even consider. i'll take a look at that when i have a moment. thanks

#5966 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Thanks, this pretty much fixed it. Loosening the screw by his foot, adjusting just a bit, and then tightening has Icarus popping as expected 95% of the time now. Thanks again!!!!!!!!

20210902_211313 (resized).jpg20210902_211313 (resized).jpg
#5967 2 years ago

Hey folks, new LZ owner this week and I have a question about the EM mech. Occasionally, when I start a game, the mech will start in the up position, but after playing a bit, it will go back down and everything seems normal from that point forward. My question is, "is that a feature or a problem?" I haven't found a definite pattern yet, but it seems like the mech will start in the up psoition after a few "bad" games in a row. It appears to be working great in all other instances.

Thanks

#5968 2 years ago
Quoted from crobby:

Hey folks, new LZ owner this week and I have a question about the EM mech. Occasionally, when I start a game, the mech will start in the up position, but after playing a bit, it will go back down and everything seems normal from that point forward. My question is, "is that a feature or a problem?" I haven't found a definite pattern yet, but it seems like the mech will start in the up psoition after a few "bad" games in a row. It appears to be working great in all other instances.
Thanks

Mine does it too but doesn't seem to be an issue. Can try updating to the latest code if not already. Seems to happen less.

#5969 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

Mine does it too but doesn't seem to be an issue. Can try updating to the latest code if not already. Seems to happen less.

Thanks
I'm on 1.05, which I think is the latest.

#5970 2 years ago
Quoted from crobby:

Thanks
I'm on 1.05, which I think is the latest.

It's a known bug. On rare occasion the em will stay up when you start a game it should go down at the start of every game. If you reset l flipper+start it should go down on the next go

#5971 2 years ago
Quoted from crobby:

Thanks

From my experience it seems to happen when you hit start on a new game too soon after the last game ended. I usually let it get through all of the post-game animations and such before hitting start, then it rarely happens. At least it seems to figure out pretty quickly that it shouldn't be up and goes back down.

#5972 2 years ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

From my experience it seems to happen when you hit start on a new game too soon after the last game ended. I usually let it get through all of the post-game animations and such before hitting start, then it rarely happens. At least it seems to figure out pretty quickly that it shouldn't be up and goes back down.

Nailed it. Same here, happened last night. I hit start button to quick.
After all, it's that just one more game pin, NOW.

#5973 2 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

After all, it's that just one more game pin, NOW.

Abso-freaking-lutely!

It’s also the game that’s causing my other games to feel neglected.

#5974 2 years ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

Abso-freaking-lutely!
It’s also the game that’s causing my other games to feel neglected.

I want to buy another pin so I can neglect it for this game.

#5975 2 years ago

Can anyone help with a flipper button problem I am having, or help me to gain insight. I was out playing a couple of stern games last night and noticed the flipper buttons on the other Stern games were a lot stiffer and needed a lot more force to push down than the flipper buttons on my LZ at home, which feel very loose and don't provide much stiffness. Does anyone know what causes the flipper buttons to be more firm on some games than others and how I might get my buttons at home to have more of that stiffness?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5976 2 years ago
Quoted from shlt_thunder:

Can anyone help with a flipper button problem I am having, or help me to gain insight. I was out playing a couple of stern games last night and noticed the flipper buttons on the other Stern games were a lot stiffer and needed a lot more force to push down than the flipper buttons on my LZ at home, which feel very loose and don't provide much stiffness. Does anyone know what causes the flipper buttons to be more firm on some games than others and how I might get my buttons at home to have more of that stiffness?

I would first make sure that the leaf blades of the flipper button switches are lined up correctly with the back of the flipper buttons.

If that looks ok, you could try adjusting the leaf blades to put more pressure on the flipper buttons. (Of course make sure power is off before making any adjustments)

#5977 2 years ago
Quoted from Bellagio:

I would first make sure that the leaf blades of the flipper button switches are lined up correctly with the back of the flipper buttons.
If that looks ok, you could try adjusting the leaf blades to put more pressure on the flipper buttons. (Of course make sure power is off before making any adjustments)

Thanks. I took a look at it but everything seemed good. Since nothing was broken I didn’t want to mess with it. Did take the opportunity to clean and wax the play field for the first time and the game is now so fast it’s unbelievable.

#5978 2 years ago

Got my LZ topper yesterday.

BBF54788-F4A7-4A3F-B295-00A22D73B644 (resized).jpegBBF54788-F4A7-4A3F-B295-00A22D73B644 (resized).jpegF5E5064A-E061-409C-B03D-548A9EBB58D3 (resized).jpegF5E5064A-E061-409C-B03D-548A9EBB58D3 (resized).jpeg
#5979 2 years ago

Folks,
is there a absolute fix for the spinner getting stuck half up? it seems like the spinner itself could be weighted more?

I have two games with the old mech, are those with the new mech avoiding this? It seems not so great that a key feature like this is flakey.

Neil.

#5980 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Folks,
is there a absolute fix for the spinner getting stuck half up? it seems like the spinner itself could be weighted more?
I have two games with the old mech, are those with the new mech avoiding this? It seems not so great that a key feature like this is flakey.
Neil.

Hey Neil, I didn't realize you had the old mech. Same here. There is something else you can do. Stern suggested that we slightly bend outwards the two metal tabs that the the spinner arms go into. That's what I did not long after I got the game and it worked well for me.

#5981 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Hey Neil, I didn't realize you had the old mech. Same here. There is something else you can do. Stern suggested that we slightly bend outwards the two metal tabs that the the spinner arms go into. That's what I did not long after I got the game and it worked well for me.

b06c00a51aba1a711fc8f88417d623b35a166672 (resized).jpgb06c00a51aba1a711fc8f88417d623b35a166672 (resized).jpg
#5982 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Folks,
Neil.

If you turn the spinner around it solves the problem. It will lean a bit more forward but does not hang up anymore.

#5983 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

If you turn the spinner around it solves the problem. It will lean a bit more forward but does not hang up anymore.

But then it also has a tendency to block the other opto, which then doesn't allow another ball to be ejected into the shooter lane when the EM ball is captured. I had that problem as have others on this thread. If it's just a rat's ass hair off, it happens. Annoying.

I installed Stern's redesigned fix and haven't had any problems since.

#5984 2 years ago

Well... This happened today. If you start a game, it acts normal and ejects balls just fine. Anyone else sent this??

PXL_20210906_174202464.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20210906_174202464.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20210906_174208395.MP (1) (resized).jpgPXL_20210906_174208395.MP (1) (resized).jpg
#5985 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

But then it also has a tendency to block the other opto, which then doesn't allow another ball to be ejected into the shooter lane when the EM ball is captured. I had that problem as have others on this thread. If it's just a rat's ass hair off, it happens. Annoying.
I installed Stern's redesigned fix and haven't had any problems since.

Myself and many others have had no issues since turning tho. Weird, my spinner has not been an issue 1 time since turning. 700+ games since.

#5986 2 years ago
Quoted from Forehead_Slap:

Well... This happened today. If you start a game, it acts normal and ejects balls just fine. Anyone else sent this??
[quoted image][quoted image]

Take a look to see if you've got any GI lamps out -- I had an issue with a solder blob shorting a lamp socket. Once I cleaned it up, the node board overcurrent error went away, as did the trough error (a downstream effect of the node board error). Node Board 9 is for the mid-upper playfield. Good luck!

#5987 2 years ago
Quoted from feedthebiscuit:

Tips needed on how to get to a Billion on Led (Premium Edition)?
As a average player, I struggle to get past 300,000+ on my best games after 3 weeks using all of the out of the box settings. I know that the first answer is to get better, but I would like to get some suggestions from those who break 1 billion. It seems like there are 3 main components to a high score - 1) Keeping the ball in play 2) Getting as many extra balls as possible. 3) Knowing what are the accomplishments that will drive the highest score and obviously being able to hit those targets.
I have looked at the rules at a couple of different places, but they really don't describe the strategy to maximize scoring.
What are the first 5 things that you try to accomplish to get higher bonuses and scores? The good news is that even though I stink - I love playing this pin.
Thanks

RAYDAY has a good play tutorial
Watch and note a bit at a time or roll through it...I'm a wanna be rookie, but has definitely helped
https://funwithbonus.com/led-zeppelin-tutorial-in-4k/

#5988 2 years ago
Quoted from Forehead_Slap:

You have a short somewhere. Make sure nothing fell into a light socket that shouldn't be there. Did you install any mods recently? Check under the playfield everything coming off that node board and the trough area.

#5989 2 years ago

Yup... this was it. the LED under the center ramp was broken and not working. When I took the bulb out, it's all fixed.

Thanks!

Quoted from RexPins:

Take a look to see if you've got any GI lamps out -- I had an issue with a solder blob shorting a lamp socket. Once I cleaned it up, the node board overcurrent error went away, as did the trough error (a downstream effect of the node board error). Node Board 9 is for the mid-upper playfield. Good luck!

#5990 2 years ago

yeah I did the turn around and it helped for a while but its still getting stuck. Chris will give your guide a go - many thanks!

#5991 2 years ago

Now here’s a sweet ass shooter rod and plate.

5D0D3DC9-3A34-4DCA-A422-BA5C1DE8A0EC (resized).png5D0D3DC9-3A34-4DCA-A422-BA5C1DE8A0EC (resized).pngB17793EB-BAF5-4B9F-955B-63D7FCD49403 (resized).pngB17793EB-BAF5-4B9F-955B-63D7FCD49403 (resized).png
#5992 2 years ago

I posted it in the owners thread .

#5993 2 years ago

Very nice shooter rod! Way cooler than Stern's, which is God awful ugly.

#5994 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Now here’s a sweet ass shooter rod and plate.

I dont see the ad how much?

#5995 2 years ago
Quoted from Bcrowe:

Very nice shooter rod! Way cooler than Stern's, which is God awful ugly.

It's grown on me after awhile lol. Definitely giant and somewhat ugly but I like the way it shoots a lot!

#5996 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I dont see the ad how much?

Click on link in thread posted .I think 129 for knob and plate

#5997 2 years ago

Even better .119.Black or silver .

4CE6D27D-8D79-4702-A80E-B4724923B947 (resized).png4CE6D27D-8D79-4702-A80E-B4724923B947 (resized).png
#5998 2 years ago

I love my Stern LZ shooter - ZOSO must always face up for good vibes...

#5999 2 years ago

Love this game.Can’t say for sure yet but it’s becoming my favorite .

#6000 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

I love my Stern LZ shooter - ZOSO must always face up for good vibes...

I have one, too. The thing is butt ugly and reminds me of an oversized dreidel, but it has grown on me a bit. The new shooter is nice as well.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz
Decals
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shively, KY
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
4,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 65.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 49.99
Lighting - Interactive
NinjaCamp Mods
Interactive
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Machine - For Sale
Dyer, IN
$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions
Plastics
Lighting - Interactive
NinjaCamp Mods
Interactive
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 9,547 posts in this topic. You are on page 120 of 191.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/120 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.