IMG_6977 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6979 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6978 (resized).jpeg
20240301_162016 (resized).jpg
20240301_162025 (resized).jpg
20240301_161950 (resized).jpg
20240301_161936 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,547 posts in this topic. You are on page 118 of 191.
#5851 2 years ago

Got two more Zep GC today at SFGE. And a couple more non-Zeps as well!

20210822_105138 (resized).jpg20210822_105138 (resized).jpg20210822_110749 (resized).jpg20210822_110749 (resized).jpg20210822_112553 (resized).jpg20210822_112553 (resized).jpg20210822_141624 (resized).jpg20210822_141624 (resized).jpg
#5852 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Mine only bounces out on the strongest of on the fly shots, and even then rarely. I'm guessing mine bounces out 2 or 3% of the time. When it does, it's exactly as you describe. It bounces out and a few seconds later you hear the solenoid engage to eject it. You might try raising the back legs. On mine the front legs are all the way in, back legs are about 1/2 way out.

Not seen the history on this, but person with issue, did you go to distributor or stern? I had gate problemsvlast week, stern support is quick, sending me a new gate. Responded to me in a few hours.

#5853 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Mine only bounces out on the strongest of on the fly shots, and even then rarely. I'm guessing mine bounces out 2 or 3% of the time. When it does, it's exactly as you describe. It bounces out and a few seconds later you hear the solenoid engage to eject it. You might try raising the back legs. On mine the front legs are all the way in, back legs are about 1/2 way out.

Agreed jack that sucka up !

#5854 2 years ago

Joined the club! So what are the “essential” mods for the prem?

Is it worth getting a shaker for this game?

A9313B1B-EADB-44FD-8B68-68EC47E13CB1 (resized).jpegA9313B1B-EADB-44FD-8B68-68EC47E13CB1 (resized).jpeg
#5855 2 years ago

Only must have mod for Zeppelin is to upgrade the sound-external sub is a must! My other recommendation is to wax playfield with Blitz, replace balls with premium glossy, and keep your spinner lubed. Then rock out with your cock out-welcome to da club (;

#5856 2 years ago

Just took a Premium home on loan and really enjoying it so far. The Icarus was sticking up. The EM device was sitting too high when raised, but was a relatively easy adjustment using the three nuts under the playfield. Straightened the spinner and it's cranking now. Digging into the rules.

#5857 2 years ago

I had a feeling you would like it after blowing up the one at SFGE-super fun game!

#5858 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Only must have mod for Zeppelin is to upgrade the sound-external sub is a must! My other recommendation is to wax playfield with Blitz, replace balls with premium glossy, and keep your spinner lubed. Then rock out with your cock out-welcome to da club (;

Thanks, glad to be here!

Is that the Pinwoofer amp thing? I have a set of Flipper Fidelity speakers from another machine that I may put into it.

For the spinners, is 3-in-1 silicon oil ok or do you use something else?

#5859 2 years ago
Quoted from Bellagio:

Thanks, glad to be here!
Is that the Pinwoofer amp thing? I have a set of Flipper Fidelity speakers from another machine that I may put into it.
For the spinners, is 3-in-1 silicon oil ok or do you use something else?

Hey Bellagio ! PinWoofer is much more than an external sub since it replaces the wimpy stock audio hardware:

https://pinwoofer.com/pinwoofer-spike-super-kit/

You'll love the resuts!

Dan

#5860 2 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

Hey Bellagio ! PinWoofer is much more than an external sub since it replaces the wimpy stock audio hardware:
You'll love the resuts!
Dan

Thanks, I’ll check it out. Does it work with Flipper Fidelity speakers? Feel free to pm me, but maybe guys in the club here that use FF speakers would also be interested.

#5861 2 years ago

Pinwoofer kit comes with speakers and is very easy to install. EM frenzy is just amazing with their kit installed, cant recommend enough.

#5862 2 years ago

Yep...I've used FF speaker sets for years...

...until Dan showed up with Pinwoofer. Now, they go into all of my top games, especially the music games. Can't recommend them highly enough!

(But FF speakers--while still expensive--are also great if you're on a budget!)

#5863 2 years ago
Quoted from Bellagio:

Joined the club! So what are the “essential” mods for the prem?
Is it worth getting a shaker for this game?
[quoted image]

Get the shaker! It is well integrated in LZ. Six out of eight of my pins have shakers.

#5864 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I assume you are referring to raising the incline so the ball is somewhat slowed down when entering the left scoop. I'm already at 6.6 degrees and simply never had this issue until 4 weeks ago so I'm more...err.....inclined (groan) to believe it's something else going on that could be fixed. I did send an email to Pablo at Stern (thanks to zaki for suggesting that). Hopefully he has some ideas. I'm contemplating adding a small piece of foam to the back of the L bracket to "lessen the blowback" but it's a pain to get back there without dismantling some stuff.

Ugh. I'm going to play some JP and AIQ until I can get this fixed - just frustrating. I know, the horror of having to play other pins (ha ha).

#5865 2 years ago
Quoted from Greaseman:

I assume you are referring to raising the incline so the ball is somewhat slowed down when entering the left scoop. I'm already at 6.6 degrees and simply never had this issue until 4 weeks ago so I'm more...err.....inclined (groan) to believe it's something else going on that could be fixed. I did send an email to Pablo at Stern (thanks to zaki for suggesting that). Hopefully he has some ideas. I'm contemplating adding a small piece of foam to the back of the L bracket to "lessen the blowback" but it's a pain to get back there without dismantling some stuff.
Ugh. I'm going to play some JP and AIQ until I can get this fixed - just frustrating. I know, the horror of having to play other pins (ha ha).

I've set mine to 7°, no issues ever. Try this first before you change a bunch of things. With the glass off, you'll know immediately if this is the prob.

#5866 2 years ago

Just received that awesome translite and was also told my replacement topper is arriving this week. Nothing but good vibes going for LZ.

8E4074B3-ED4A-474F-AA0C-2C6EA1B8DBAE (resized).jpeg8E4074B3-ED4A-474F-AA0C-2C6EA1B8DBAE (resized).jpeg

#5867 2 years ago
Quoted from Greaseman:

Did you clean and wax recently?

#5868 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Yep...I've used FF speaker sets for years...
...until Dan showed up with Pinwoofer. Now, they go into all of my top games, especially the music games. Can't recommend them highly enough!
(But FF speakers--while still expensive--are also great if you're on a budget!)

I don’t know a whole lot about speakers but I thought FF were supposedly the best speakers specifically made for pinball machines? I was under the impression that the speakers were just limited by the amp on the MPU and that's where having an external amp like Pinwoofer would come into play. I saw that the package they sell uses Pyle speakers. I figured using the FF speakers with their amp system would be the best, but I'm definitely not an audiophile by any means.

The music is awesome in this game so I want the best sounding system I can get. I'd like to avoid an external sub if possible, but if that's what it takes, I'd be open to that too.

#5869 2 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Get the shaker! It is well integrated in LZ. Six out of eight of my pins have shakers.

Thanks, I'll put it at the top of my list. I loved the shaker in my Metallica, I'm sure it will be great in this pin too.

#5870 2 years ago
Quoted from Bellagio:

I don’t know a whole lot about speakers but I thought FF were supposedly the best speakers specifically made for pinball machines? I was under the impression that the speakers were just limited by the amp on the MPU and that's where having an external amp like Pinwoofer would come into play. I saw that the package they sell uses Pyle speakers. I figured using the FF speakers with their amp system would be the best, but I'm definitely not an audiophile by any means.
The music is awesome in this game so I want the best sounding system I can get. I'd like to avoid an external sub if possible, but if that's what it takes, I'd be open to that too.

i dont think you can get just the amp,I removed my FFs and used the pyle speakers.No regrets

#5871 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

i dont think you can get just the amp,I removed my FFs and used the pyle speakers.No regrets

I had them in a different game but I replaced my stock speakers on zepp

#5872 2 years ago
Quoted from Bellagio:

I was under the impression that the speakers were just limited by the amp on the MPU and that's where having an external amp like Pinwoofer would come into play. I saw that the package they sell uses Pyle speakers. The music is awesome in this game so I want the best sounding system I can get.

Hey Bellagio ! Feel free to give me a call at the shop and we can talk about your audio goals for Zep. You won't look back. Thanks, Dan 208-855-0346

#5873 2 years ago

How would you all compare pinwoofers vs. the LE speakers? Worth the upgrade still?

#5874 2 years ago
Quoted from shlt_thunder:

How would you all compare pinwoofers vs. the LE speakers? Worth the upgrade still?

Hey shlt_thunder - yes, Greaseman also did a side by side comparison between the KFC-1366S (factory LE supplied) speakers and our Pyle PL53BL speakers awhile back and I completely agree with his findings:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/55#post-6158857

The Kenwood's are spendy, but have a smaller voice coil and magnet which results in a thin mid-range response. With Kenwood, you are paying for the name. I'd take the Pyle over that speaker any day of the week.

We'll supply you with the Pyle speakers and 5.25in LE mounting plates so that the backbox speakers are turnkey. The rest of the PinWoofer system is turnkey also. Our stuff will make your Led Zeppelin sound epic:

Give a shout any time if you want to talk pinball audio - it's what I do!

Thanks,

Dan

+1 208 855 0346

#5875 2 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

Hey shlt_thunder - yes, Greaseman also did a side by side comparison between the KFC-1366S (factory LE supplied) speakers and our Pyle PL53BL speakers awhile back and I completely agree with his findings:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/55#post-6158857
The Kenwood's are spendy, but have a smaller voice coil and magnet which results in a thin mid-range response. With Kenwood, you are paying for the name. I'd take the Pyle over that speaker any day of the week.
We'll supply you with the Pyle speakers and 5.25in LE mounting plates so that the backbox speakers are turnkey. The rest of the PinWoofer system is turnkey also. Our stuff will make your Led Zeppelin sound epic:
Give a shout any time if you want to talk pinball audio - it's what I do!
Thanks,
Dan
+1 208 855 0346

Thanks for your response Dan. I’m definitely interested and will be strongly considering the switch next month after taxes are paid. Got the LE early this month so I’m still in the period of just enjoying the stock game.

#5876 2 years ago

Thanks for your response Dan. I’m definitely interested and will be strongly considering the switch next month after taxes are paid. Got the LE early this month so I’m still in the period of just enjoying the stock game.

All the better - just give a shout when you are ready. We'll be here. Enjoy Zepp in the meantime.

Anyone can call the shop. We're here to help out.

+1 208 855 0346

#5877 2 years ago

Anyone know what size/diameter rubber piece goes on the ZEP drop targets? Mines about to snap…

#5878 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Anyone know what size/diameter rubber piece goes on the ZEP drop targets? Mines about to snap…

See #4431

#5879 2 years ago

Had my game powder coated, first time ever trying. Someone local did it and it came out pretty good. The color blends with the playfield colors so much better than stock.

Used Prismatic "Flat Hot Orange". For some reason, the powder coater dissuaded me from gloss. Was a bit worried how it would turn out, but I'm digging the satin finish. Doesn't show finger prints like gloss. Hopefully it holds up over time.

20210824_194443.jpg20210824_194443.jpg20210824_194505.jpg20210824_194505.jpg20210824_194514.jpg20210824_194514.jpg
#5880 2 years ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

Had my game powder coated, first time ever trying. Someone local did it and it came out pretty good. The color blends with the playfield colors so much better than stock.
Used Prismatic "Flat Hot Orange". For some reason, the powder coater dissuaded me from gloss. Was a bit worried how it would turn out, but I'm digging the satin finish. Doesn't show finger prints like gloss. Hopefully it holds up over time.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nick, you need this to complete the look. Very easy to do. Just look up on youtube "how to install t-molding". Super easy.
https://www.t-molding.com/3-4in-orange-t-molding.html

20210313_114746 (resized).jpg20210313_114746 (resized).jpg
#5881 2 years ago

My NIB LZ premium has 6 games played and the ball trough 1-way gate keeps falling off!! This is another example of Stern removing weight and quality from games. A tooth pick has more strength than this cheap imported pot metal wire. Frankenstein which sits next to LZ has the same type of ball trough 1-way gate, but WOW is it made solid. SAD!!! I just play without it, ball falls back not to often and the auto plunge takes over quickly. Sucks the center spinner already fell out and shot across the play field!! Game is 2 days out of NIB- Stern is too busy counting our money tp pay attention to QC, Game is EPIC tho , Absolutely love it !!!

71B98253-01EA-466C-A124-74FAB6E71C27 (resized).jpeg71B98253-01EA-466C-A124-74FAB6E71C27 (resized).jpeg73A10C7D-F696-4090-AF12-FF16D0FACB0E (resized).jpeg73A10C7D-F696-4090-AF12-FF16D0FACB0E (resized).jpegDAE07C3F-15F2-4C5E-B2CD-7238A33F13E0 (resized).jpegDAE07C3F-15F2-4C5E-B2CD-7238A33F13E0 (resized).jpegE9F92FFC-61D0-48CE-8B62-7C8C075C6210 (resized).jpegE9F92FFC-61D0-48CE-8B62-7C8C075C6210 (resized).jpeg
#5882 2 years ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

My NIB LZ premium has 6 games played and the ball trough 1-way gate keeps falling off!! This is another example of Stern removing weight and quality from games. A tooth pick has more strength than this cheap imported pot metal wire. Frankenstein which sits next to LZ has the same type of ball trough 1-way gate, but WOW is it made solid. SAD!!! I just play without it, ball falls back not to often and the auto plunge takes over quickly. Sucks the center spinner already fell out and shot across the play field!! Game is 2 days out of NIB- Stern is too busy counting our money tp pay attention to QC, Game is EPIC tho , Absolutely love it !!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looking on the bright side, at least you have the upgraded spinner...

#5883 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Looking on the bright side, at least you have the upgraded spinner...

How do you tell if you have an upgraded spinner? Were there any other changes to look for in recent builds?

My build date is 7/21 so I would guess I have the most recent changes.

#5884 2 years ago

July build date- it’s the newer style spinner and bracket.

#5885 2 years ago
Quoted from Bellagio:

How do you tell if you have an upgraded spinner? Were there any other changes to look for in recent builds?

I guess that doesn’t truly answer your question. If you look through the pictures of this thread you’ll see the earlier style bracket early on. You are bracket looks really straight up and down and has a different look to it.

#5886 2 years ago
Quoted from Bellagio:

I just noticed that the arms on your spinner were on a 45 degree angle...those are the upgraded spinners. The original design was nearly 90 degrees on the arms.

#5887 2 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

I guess that doesn’t truly answer your question. If you look through the pictures of this thread you’ll see the earlier style bracket early on. You are bracket looks really straight up and down and has a different look to it.

Quoted from beelzeboob:

I just noticed that the arms on your spinner were on a 45 degree angle...those are the upgraded spinners. The original design was nearly 90 degrees on the arms.

So the new bracket keeps the spinner from falling out or helps it to spin faster? I still need to add a little oil to both spinners but so far they work great.

The only issue I am having is the icarus rod keeps sticking. I’ve tried to adjust it a few times but a hard ball hit on the target will make him stay in the up position. Maybe it needs a little grease or something?

#5888 2 years ago
Quoted from Bellagio:

So the new bracket keeps the spinner from falling out or helps it to spin faster? I still need to add a little oil to both spinners but so far they work great.
The only issue I am having is the icarus rod keeps sticking. I’ve tried to adjust it a few times but a hard ball hit on the target will make him stay in the up position. Maybe it needs a little grease or something?

Put a light coat of wax on it.

#5889 2 years ago

Zeppelin owners may like our new video posted tonight with ALL THREE Models next to each other...the LE going to a special family. Todd from TNT

#5890 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

in both the Icarus and spinner issues, I used some of that Teflon lube gel on a Q-tip like you used for an EM, and no issues on either front.

#5891 2 years ago
Quoted from toddtuckey:

Zeppelin owners may like our new video posted tonight with ALL THREE Models next to each other...the LE going to a special family. Todd from TNT

Todd, dont update. You'll lose the seizure inducing lights on the prem /le!

#5892 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

in both the Icarus and spinner issues, I used some of that Teflon lube gel on a Q-tip like you used for an EM, and no issues on either front.

Thanks guys I’ll try that. Really enjoying this game, it’s a blast!

#5893 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Nick, you need this to complete the look. Very easy to do. Just look up on youtube "how to install t-molding". Super easy.
https://www.t-molding.com/3-4in-orange-t-molding.html
[quoted image]

Trust me, I'm tempted..

#5894 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Did you clean and wax recently?

I had not cleaned/waxed prior to the issue happening, but did clean/wax a couple of weeks ago because I had the glass off again trying to figure this issue out, so just decided to clean/wax (it's admittedly kind of therapeutic). No difference either way with the issue after that clean/wax.

I reached out to Pablo at Stern and he responded right away. I sent him a slo-mo video of the issue. The ball goes into the scoop area and rattles around (kind of in a circle) and flies back out. He said he has never seen or heard of this before and is looking into it. Really happy with the communication - he's very responsive and truly wants to figure this out.

Have no idea how to "embed" a video in a post, otherwise I'd include it.

#5895 2 years ago

Get yourself that Pinwoofer system with the Pyles. You will enjoy it so much that your taxes will automatically pay themselves with that smile on your face. I've also heard your taxes go up if you keep the stock system - ok, not really.

Seriously, if the budget allows for it, in my opinion it's the 1st priority mod for the game....because, you know, it's a music pin and all.

#5896 2 years ago
Quoted from Greaseman:

I had not cleaned/waxed prior to the issue happening, but did clean/wax a couple of weeks ago because I had the glass off again trying to figure this issue out, so just decided to clean/wax (it's admittedly kind of therapeutic). No difference either way with the issue after that clean/wax.
I reached out to Pablo at Stern and he responded right away. I sent him a slo-mo video of the issue. The ball goes into the scoop area and rattles around (kind of in a circle) and flies back out. He said he has never seen or heard of this before and is looking into it. Really happy with the communication - he's very responsive and truly wants to figure this out.
Have no idea how to "embed" a video in a post, otherwise I'd include it.

Put your video on utube, then copy and paste from there

#5897 2 years ago

Just ordered my shaker motor! Can't wait! Seems easy enough to install.

#5898 2 years ago

Shout out to Speaker Light Kits! I installed the Speaker Light Kit - Type 13 http://www.speakerlightkits.com/Type-13.html & The 5.25" SPIKE 2 Speaker Plate Set sold as a bundle on my Pro. Looks awesome and the instructions were incredibly thorough so even I could install them easily. They look great with the 3-way Pyles I got with my Pinwoofer set up. Easy project, great addition!

Speaker Light Kit.JPG (resized).jpegSpeaker Light Kit.JPG (resized).jpeg
#5899 2 years ago
Quoted from Bman6945:

Anyone getting this malfunction message? Any known fixes?
[quoted image]

How was this error resolved? There is a premium on location that I play and the electric magic mech is always up during game play. It will go down for a brief moment in order to complete a combo shot, but it's always in the up position otherwise. Checking the technician alerts, I see this same alert.

I sort of volunteer my time helping with games at a location while they get a tech trained up. I myself am not really a tech, but next time I visit I'd like to see if I can resolve this issue. The game is not very fun to play at the moment with the mech constantly up, blocking some of the shots.
LZ_3 (resized).jpgLZ_3 (resized).jpg

#5900 2 years ago

Duplicate post

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
There are 9,547 posts in this topic. You are on page 118 of 191.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/118 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.