20221112_104906 (resized).jpg
20221112_102121 (resized).jpg
20221112_115345 (resized).jpg
20210319_212153 (resized).jpg
IMG_4768 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4769 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4772 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,657 posts in this topic. You are on page 114 of 194.
#5651 2 years ago

Mine still has friction I’ve been oiling and pulling it up & down was trying to avoid removing and dremmel. Seems to be loosening up

#5652 2 years ago
Quoted from bonzo442:

Mine still has friction I’ve been oiling and pulling it up & down was trying to avoid removing and dremmel. Seems to be loosening up

I put some 3 and 1 oil on icarus.
Hes much happier now.

#5653 2 years ago
Quoted from bonzo442:

waxing works as well

#5654 2 years ago

Hi everyone, I need some help with my premium. Using the shooter rod the ball travels about half way up the lane. When pushing the button to launch a ball it’s fine and when it automatically launches there’s no problem. Is there any adjustments that can be made?
Cheers

#5655 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinnipeter:

Hi everyone, I need some help with my premium. Using the shooter rod the ball travels about half way up the lane. When pushing the button to launch a ball it’s fine and when it automatically launches there’s no problem. Is there any adjustments that can be made?
Cheers

Check that the rubber tip is still intact on the shooter rod.

#5656 2 years ago

It's likely off center. Make sure it hits the ball in the middle both vertical and horizontal.

#5657 2 years ago

Mine was doing that. The plunger was off center and catching on a bracket. Check the plunge of another Stern that's working properly and you'll see the difference. I had to bend the bracket so the plunger would clear.

#5658 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

It's likely off center. Make sure it hits the ball in the middle both vertical and horizontal.

Yup. Same here. Mine was hitting the right side of plunger. I unscrewed shooter rod, loosened, and adjusted some to left.

#5659 2 years ago

Anyone change the sound equalizer in settings? If so, any suggestions to set it?

#5660 2 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

Anyone change the sound equalizer in settings? If so, any suggestions to set it?

Start out in a gradual V shape and adjust from there

#5661 2 years ago

Flipped in shock my first plays Friday night . I read up and was happy with this when the rooster crowed this AM.Ready for the roller coaster Juggernaught that is Cedar Point early tomorrow then home .LZ is a serious pin !very serious .If I was pushed into a corner to have to sell out of what I have ,LZ would be safe 100%.

C9EF58C4-6C11-4720-A7FB-D816F8FA873A (resized).pngC9EF58C4-6C11-4720-A7FB-D816F8FA873A (resized).png
#5662 2 years ago

yes I’ve been under a rock .Greta Van Fleet is a breath of fresh air in the music scene .Can’t stop listening .

CD0515D0-69A9-41DB-8C72-F2C262DBE454 (resized).jpegCD0515D0-69A9-41DB-8C72-F2C262DBE454 (resized).jpeg
#5663 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

yes I’ve been under a rock .Greta Van Fleet is a breath of fresh air in the music scene .Can’t stop listening .
[quoted image]

Their first two albums were killer. I'm not digging the 3rd as much.

#5664 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Their first two albums were killer. I'm not digging the 3rd as much.

we’re going to see them downtown chicago in september i believe can’t wait

#5665 2 years ago

Thanks everyone for the advice. Bent the bracket slightly and working great.
Cheers

#5666 2 years ago

been running the 1.05 code for three weeks now and at least three times now the game has froze up during a MB. the flippers and mechanicals still function, but the music and game sounds completely drop, the lighting goes white -- no color (reminds me of house lights coming on at the end of a show) and the back panel image freezes on whatever is displayed at the moment. last time it happened during SRtS but don't remember which MB was in play and it was a good four alligators before everything came back "online." it's a helluva hiccup to say the least, just long enough to let me think it's a fatal blow. considering going back to the 1.02 code but...

i've been putting up some decent scoring on the 1.05. finally have all of the HS north of one billion (do realize the effed up code could be the reason) but i am playing better too. some highlights include a 774 million Mothership MB, an 803 million Icarus Master, 78.4 Icarus X and a 458 million WLL champion. still haven't busted triple digits on the combos (80) and have been stuck on 11 for both Zeppelin and combo masters.
do miss the seizure world EM lighting. and would hate to lose the data on a code regression but they are just numbers. can be done once, then can be done again? maybe.

#5667 2 years ago

I’m on 1.02 and leaving it until new code w seizures .Can’t lose that .

#5668 2 years ago

Should we all email requesting seizure lights? I posted on their Facebook a few times but who would email or would they ignore that?

7E56364D-E101-49CD-A3CF-DD6892A54279 (resized).jpeg7E56364D-E101-49CD-A3CF-DD6892A54279 (resized).jpeg

#5669 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

Should we all email requesting seizure lights? I posted on their Facebook a few times but who would email or would they ignore that?

Some of the team working on this game reads this thread.

I think a good once a week post here on EM seizures is a solid strategy.

#5670 2 years ago

I emailed them a couple weeks ago and they said they would forward my request to the appropriate personnel.
- maybe they did it so you can see the purple status lights underneath clearer? If so, bad move. F that - Need the crazy light show back asap!

#5671 2 years ago

My favorite part of this game is how freaking solid scoring is. I'm not getting crazy variance on my scores. Some games are terrible some are great but most games at my skill level hover right around 200mil. Starting to work on building my multiplier combo but that takes more skill I don't quite have yet.

This game was made for tournament play!

#5672 2 years ago

Ugh, having another EM issue.

I've got about 170 games on my machine and today I started having an issue where the magnet wasn't grabbing the ball like it should. Here's a video of it happening (go to roughly the 1hr 8 min mark): https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1117124505

(enjoy me whining about my expensive toy not working right)

It would work sometimes, and other times it wouldn't. Never had this issue until today and didn't change anything on the machine.

#5673 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

My favorite part of this game is how freaking solid scoring is. I'm not getting crazy variance on my scores. Some games are terrible some are great but most games at my skill level hover right around 200mil. Starting to work on building my multiplier combo but that takes more skill I don't quite have yet.
This game was made for tournament play!

This game is badass ! I’m pretty sure as far as shots go it’s in my top 3.They all just feel so strong ,I’d imagine because they’re mostly in the back of the PF.Got a few in the low to mid 100s but I’m ready for the challenge tonight after finally getting some reading in ,although first up on the menu will definitly be achieving full blown seizure with no lights on in the dungeon !FULL BLOWN SEIZURE wink wink

#5674 2 years ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

I've got about 170 games on my machine and today I started having an issue where the magnet wasn't grabbing the ball like it should. Here's a video of it happening (go to roughly the 1hr 8 min mark): https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1117124505
It would work sometimes, and other times it wouldn't. Never had this issue until today and didn't change anything on the machine.

I’m early learning this game .Is the meters red area tge indicator the magnet is engaged ?

#5675 2 years ago

Nick, I have not seen that problem. AFAIK, there are two optos just behind the spinner. One reads the spinner and one reads the ball for the magnet to grab it. Check those optos in test mode. Also test your magnet in test mode.

#5676 2 years ago

As i mentioned on your stream i haven't seen the problem, however i did have a problem with a switch on the EM that could be related . long story short a wire pulled half way out of the molex connector on the EM (probably because of it being raised and lowered so much). Because it was only pulled out half way it wasn't obvious. It's worth the time to inspect the square connector on the EM closely. I'm assuming the magnet wiring is included in the connector.

#5677 2 years ago

I’m thinking about picking up a LZ, what’s the consensus on premium vs pro?

#5678 2 years ago
Quoted from Bellagio:

Premium!

#5679 2 years ago
Quoted from Bellagio:

if its in your budget grab a premium too many good extras you may want.

#5680 2 years ago

Based off of videos I’m inclined to go with the premium, but I wanted to see what current owners think.

There are no LZ’s pro or prem on location in Georgia that I know of, but the SFGE show is next week so I’m looking forward to trying them out.

#5681 2 years ago
Quoted from Chuckwebster:

As i mentioned on your stream i haven't seen the problem, however i did have a problem with a switch on the EM that could be related . long story short a wire pulled half way out of the molex connector on the EM (probably because of it being raised and lowered so much). Because it was only pulled out half way it wasn't obvious. It's worth the time to inspect the square connector on the EM closely. I'm assuming the magnet wiring is included in the connector.

Ahhh, this would make sense as the problem is intermittent. Thanks, I'll check!

#5682 2 years ago
Quoted from Bellagio:

Based off of videos I’m inclined to go with the premium, but I wanted to see what current owners think.

I have no problem buying Pros usually. Often, the game is just as good, sometimes even better than the other versions.

However, with LZ, Premium/LE blow the Pro out of the water. Get the the Premium/LE.

#5683 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Nick, I have not seen that problem. AFAIK, there are two optos just behind the spinner. One reads the spinner and one reads the ball for the magnet to grab it. Check those optos in test mode. Also test your magnet in test mode.

Will do, thanks Chris!

#5684 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I’m early learning this game .Is the meters red area tge indicator the magnet is engaged ?

Yea, when those inserts in front of the EM are lit and the center one is flashing, the magnet is ready.

#5685 2 years ago
Quoted from Bellagio:

I picked up a PRO and am pretty happy with it. I'm NOT a fan of anything Stern, but this was always my, "Even if it was STERN who comes out with a Zep pin, I'll buy it!" so I did. I've read waaay too many problems regarding the EM issues on the premium models so I'll stick with the PRO until Stern gets their shit together and properly fixes their under-engineered and rushed-to-production machines. *If* that should ever happen.

#5686 2 years ago

I have no problem buying Pros usually. Often, the game is just as good, sometimes even better than the other versions.
However, with LZ, Premium/LE blow the Pro out of the water. Get the the Premium/LE.

From what I’ve seen the two biggest premium-only upgrades are the EM and the extra ramp? I saw that the expression lights can be added to the pro for about $450 or so.

#5687 2 years ago
Quoted from Bellagio:

There are no LZ’s pro or prem on location in Georgia that I know of, but the SFGE show is next week so I’m looking forward to trying them out.

I’ve played both pretty heavily, for the money premium with the EM spinner is where it’s at.

#5688 2 years ago
Quoted from Bellagio:

From what I’ve seen the two biggest premium-only upgrades are the EM and the extra ramp? I saw that the expression lights can be added to the pro for about $450 or so.

I was considering adding those lights, but I'd like to see one in person....can't understand what they do.

#5689 2 years ago
Quoted from CubeSnake:

I was considering adding those lights, but I'd like to see one in person....can't understand what they do.

Heck of a light show with the music. Looks good there should be video up on YouTube of them.

#5690 2 years ago
Quoted from CubeSnake:

I picked up a PRO and am pretty happy with it. I'm NOT a fan of anything Stern, but this was always my, "Even if it was STERN who comes out with a Zep pin, I'll buy it!" so I did. I've read waaay too many problems regarding the EM issues on the premium models so I'll stick with the PRO until Stern gets their shit together and properly fixes their under-engineered and rushed-to-production machines. *If* that should ever happen.

That’s a big concern of mine, I’ve seen how many people have had EM issues. My only previous Stern was a Met prem and it had an electrical problem out of the box that took a lot of back-and-forth with Stern to fix.

My concern with the pro is if it’s too empty? I have a small collection and my other two are 80’s system 11 games so I’m wanting to add a modern game to the lineup that’s a little deeper and going to keep my interest for awhile.

#5691 2 years ago

I’m sure the pro is a perfectly fun game. I’d like to put some time in on one now that I’ve been playing an LE for months.

#5692 2 years ago

I'm really enjoying my Pro and with all the problems that you turkeys are having, I'm glad I didn't get the premium or the LE.

#5693 2 years ago

I have the LE and the mech is a fun extra. The ramp and lights make it worth it, I think, as the light show is amazing. The mech is cool, but I find some times it pops up when I don't want it to pop up. I guess that is OK, as it is a pinball machine and it is supposed to do things to make you lose your ball. I like the EM mech more than I don't but sometimes I find myself cussing it. Other times it is a much welcomed multiball and reprieve from losing my ball.

#5694 2 years ago
Quoted from CubeSnake:

There have been way more people with zero issues with em than people with. The pro is probably a fine game, but the prem /le is just much better.

#5695 2 years ago

My LE plays 100%.would you buy metallica with no sparky

#5696 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Exactly!!

#5697 2 years ago

Has anyone replaced the balls and if so what did you change them out with?

#5698 2 years ago

Bc precision on Amazon. No issues, I use in all my games except gotg, which has 3 strong magnets. But no issues on other games at all.

#5699 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinnipeter:

Has anyone replaced the balls and if so what did you change them out with?

I got ninja? I think they are holding a charge though because whenever my ball is locked to the em spinner the spinner “pulls” towards the ball and doesn’t register sometimes. Anyone know if that’s a possibility and if so what kind of balls should I use? Tyia

#5700 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Which Metallica has no Sparky?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 65.99
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Mission, BC
$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Far Hills, NJ
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

4,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Suffern, NY
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 9,657 posts in this topic. You are on page 114 of 194.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/114?hl=number_runner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.