IMG_4772 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4777 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4775 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4776 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
shooter (resized).jpg
20240301_161950 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,617 posts in this topic. You are on page 113 of 193.
#5601 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Don’t know much about Sexton as it relates to games he’s done for Stern. Just curious if he has a good record for completing/polishing code?

I have high hopes as they did put out code 1.04 and 1.05 back to back within about a week to work out some bugs. I just bought my fame and it has 1.02 on it so I’m keeping it as it is for now, but am curious to put the new code on so I’m going to get a second USB for these purposes so that I can go back if I miss the EM seizure lights.

#5602 2 years ago
Quoted from shlt_thunder:

I have high hopes as they did put out code 1.04 and 1.05 back to back within about a week to work out some bugs. I just bought my fame and it has 1.02 on it so I’m keeping it as it is for now, but am curious to put the new code on so I’m going to get a second USB for these purposes so that I can go back if I miss the EM seizure lights.

Just keep a folder on your computer with the last couple of code updates on it you don't need a bunch of USB drives laying around.

#5603 2 years ago

I know Sexton is the lead on the code, but I was under the impression that most of the rules came from Ray D.

#5604 2 years ago

So what exactly do the expression light do? I know they light up the sides...do they do anything else? Change colors? Pulse to the music? This is on a PRO model, by the way...

#5605 2 years ago
Quoted from Greaseman:

Installed the PinMonk Tibetan Breeze v1.5 SPIKE 2 Flipper Cooling kit today for my Zep LE. This was my first purchase/install of this kit.
Verdict: Um, yeah, must have. Tested it and 30 minutes after continuous play I was able to backhand the right ramp. Previously, without it, that was a dead shot after about 15-20 minutes.
For me, it's simply a gamechanger because that's my most consistent shot along with the center ramp (and, well, of course the spinner when it's up). Posted my best Kashmir effort (when starting game with this song) with 8 gold records and actually made it through the entire song for the first time. Don't underestimate the importance of this to me - one of the greatest songs ever created and have been annoyed I hadn't made it through yet (yes, I'm a newbie player).
Only issue was the brackets for both the right and left didn't fit neatly into the space - I ended up sanding away portions of both - took me about 3-4 iterations each. I didn't want to remove more than was necessary - they fit perfectly though with what I sanded away. Not a big deal - easy to do, just some extra time. Install, other than that, was....ahem, a breeze. I'm sure it's impossible to create brackets that fit every game so no issue and this will be a must have for any of my pins that have flipper fade. For me, for what we spend on these pins, it seems that having more consistent flipper power/control is a no brainer for $120.
Just my 2 cents......hit me back with any thoughts/comments.

I had no idea anyone had even a minor fit issue on LZ with the Tibetan Breeze kit. No one mentioned it to me.

Can you PM me pics of your install and point out where you had a fit issue? Best case I can adjust the brackets to keep the fit universal for everything. Worst case I can make LZ-specific brackets. But they should be ready to go out of the box, whichever is the final solution.

And thanks for the testimonial about how well they work!

#5606 2 years ago
Quoted from CubeSnake:

So what exactly do the expression light do? I know they light up the sides...do they do anything else? Change colors? Pulse to the music? This is on a PRO model, by the way...

Yes that’s the stuff they do

#5607 2 years ago
Quoted from CubeSnake:

Amazing light show, changing colors, reacting to the music, all of that and more.

#5608 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Amazing light show, changing colors, reacting to the music, all of that and more.

I was enthralled with the lights out of the box. Then I kind of tuned them out while I tried to figure out what I was supposed to do in the game. Now that I kind of know what I’m doing I noticed the lighting again the other night and man it’s cool. I think it was that point in the Song Remains the Same where Bonham sits up in his seat and says “let’s go!”. You guys know what I’m talking about, and apparently so does the guy who programmed the lights. Bad ass.

#5609 2 years ago

I believe I’ve seen someone discuss this in the past but I can’t find where it was discussed. when I am putting in my initials for high scores, the middle button automatically fills in the same 3 letters and the start button chooses one letter at a time. Is this a setting, glitch in the code, or an issue with the button? Thanks for any insight you might have.

#5610 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

next time you have your playfield up maybe you could snap a couple photos of the installed fans

Received some requests to post pics of the Tibetan Breeze install, specifically showing how much had to be sanded away in order to fit. Here ya go.....

Hope this helps!

1) Both installed fans
PinMonk both fans (resized).jpgPinMonk both fans (resized).jpg

2) Left Fan Closeup (pic taken from the right)
PinMonk left fan 1 (resized).jpgPinMonk left fan 1 (resized).jpg

3) Left Fan Closeup (pic taken from the left)
PinMonk left fan 2 (resized).jpgPinMonk left fan 2 (resized).jpg

4) Right Fan Closeup (pic taken from the right)
PinMonk right fan 1 (resized).jpgPinMonk right fan 1 (resized).jpg

5) Right Fan Closeup (pic taken from slightly off center to the right)
PinMonk right fan 2 (resized).jpgPinMonk right fan 2 (resized).jpg

#5611 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Just for a point of reference, I have had my LZ Premium since May and well over 1,000+ games in, My Spinner has been perfect since day 1.Never had any issues. Now I just want my damn Topper back from stern!

Ditto here but not as many plays on my premium, spinner has been fine.
I did send legs and head brackets to Michigan Refinery and he powder coated them orange.
I should have them back today, very impressed with how quickly he turned these around and was willing to use the orange powder coat I chose.

#5612 2 years ago

Still running old code and I am leaving it for now. I usually wait to update code and this time I am glad I did. Some of the minor adjustments do not make up for certain feature removals-my spinner still causing seizures-yes! I actually had the thought of trying to find someone who has some of the older X-MEN code closer to release before 'Shitty Beast' was implemented. The code was really bad and full of bugs(sometimes damaging components) but I still enjoyed it with all of the bugs. I also have left my TNA alone even though Scott has done tons with updates. Sometimes I feel like if it ain't broke-don't fix it! Loving my LZ the way it is for now and not messing with it!

#5613 2 years ago

Which code update did away with the seizure lights? Was it 1.05?

#5614 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

1.04 boob.

#5615 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Why do people want 'seizure lights'?

Sounds like a bad version of pinstadium

Never seen in person.

#5616 2 years ago

Is the seizure feature limited to Premium and LE ? Is it the Expression lighting or lighting from the playfield ? Or the feature mech in Premium and LE ?

Can you clarify - just joined yesterday with a new Pro.

Lot's to catch up and learn about the pin.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5617 2 years ago
Quoted from Greaseman:

Received some requests to post pics of the Tibetan Breeze install, specifically showing how much had to be sanded away in order to fit. Here ya go.....
Hope this helps!

So it looks like maybe 1/8" or 1/4" off the back and side of the bottom of the base is what you sanded down to accommodate the back of the lamp socket? Is that all?

#5618 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Still running old code and I am leaving it for now. I usually wait to update code and this time I am glad I did. Some of the minor adjustments do not make up for certain feature removals-my spinner still causing seizures-yes! I actually had the thought of trying to find someone who has some of the older X-MEN code closer to release before 'Shitty Beast' was implemented. The code was really bad and full of bugs(sometimes damaging components) but I still enjoyed it with all of the bugs. I also have left my TNA alone even though Scott has done tons with updates. Sometimes I feel like if it ain't broke-don't fix it! Loving my LZ the way it is for now and not messing with it!

You can buy a $8 SD card and image that with the new code and then pop in the new code, try it out, and if you don't like it, put the old SD card in with the old code, or put in whatever version you're in the mood for, on demand. There's instructions on how to do it, and code images on Stern's site.

#5619 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Never seen in person.

Its amazing to see and as far as im concerned a huge miss if they don't put it back in the next update.

#5620 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

So it looks like maybe 1/8" or 1/4" off the back and side of the bottom of the base is what you sanded down to accommodate the back of the lamp socket? Is that all?

Yes, that's about right. It was slightly different for the left and right but the general area of the bracket and amount removed was relatively similar for both. Can you get the information you need to make any slight modifications from those pics?

#5621 2 years ago
Quoted from Greaseman:

Yes, that's about right. It was slightly different for the left and right but the general area of the bracket and amount removed was relatively similar for both. Can you get the information you need to make any slight modifications from those pics?

I think I have enough info, but is it 1/8" or 1/4" off the very bottom and side? I can't tell from the pic at that level of precision.

#5622 2 years ago

Has anyone else had issues with high percentage of rejects from the left scoop? Just a couple of weeks ago I started getting about 50% of the balls that were hit directly into it come right back out. The switch appears to actually depress and then pop back (from the sound I hear) but zero "credit" for the shot. Very frustrating as you can imagine with how important that shot is, and how much (in general) I stink at making the exact shot I want.

It's a L bracket shape so I decided to push down on the top of it last night (I removed the top plastic piece), thinking maybe over time hitting the back of the L was causing the top to move slightly upward, making it more difficult for the shot to be held in there. It really seemed to work.....for a little bit of time then I was at about a 25% reject rate. I'm a relative noob with pinball repair like this and didn't want to keep pushing on it anymore if there is something else I should consider. I attached a pic - there doesn't seem to be any noticeable wear/structural defects that I'm aware of. Thoughts?

Zep scoop (resized).jpgZep scoop (resized).jpg
#5623 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I think I have enough info, but is it 1/8" or 1/4" off the very bottom and side? I can't tell from the pic at that level of precision.

My best guess is 1/8" should be enough, maybe slightly more than that. I'm looking at a tape measure right now trying to remember how much I took off so bear with me. Only way to know for sure is for me to pull them out and measure, but I don't have another set of brackets, so would be hard for me to get an exact amount. Let me know though if there is anything else I can do to help and don't be afraid to ask for whatever you need. Cheers.

#5624 2 years ago

Never seen in person.

Completely different thing. It's awesome when it goes off...it happens in GOT as well, and although it makes the game a little tough to play temporarily, it's a great effect.

#5625 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Completely different thing. It's awesome when it goes off...it happens in GOT as well, and although it makes the game a little tough to play temporarily, it's a great effect.

GOT was super bright - sunglasses out!

May go LZ Pro, my main worry that the final wizard mode seems out of reach and takes over an hour to get to!

#5626 2 years ago

GOT was super bright - sunglasses out!
May go LZ Pro, my main worry that the final wizard mode seems out of reach and takes over an hour to get to!

That's not correct. I've made the Celebration Day wizard mode about 4 or 5 times. It doesn't take an hour. Maybe 30-40 minutes, tops. Once you get 5 gold on all ten songs you get to Top of the Charts, which is similar to Sea of Simulation in Tron. Basically, you get a long MB to try and bring all your songs up to ten gold. Even if you don't complete it, you might come out on the other side with just two or three songs that need to be finished.

I'd have to look at my audits, but even with the max 5 EB's, I don't think I've had a single game last an hour.

#5627 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

That's not correct. I've made the Celebration Day wizard mode about 4 or 5 times. It doesn't take an hour. Maybe 30-40 minutes, tops. Once you get 5 gold on all ten songs you get to Top of the Charts, which is similar to Sea of Simulation in Tron. Basically, you get a long MB to try and bring all your songs up to ten gold. Even if you don't complete it, you might come out on the other side with just two or three songs that need to be finished.
I'd have to look at my audits, but even with the max 5 EB's, I don't think I've had a single game last an hour.

Hell I haven’t had a game over 20 min lol

#5628 2 years ago

...and I'll let you know when I have a game longer than 10 minutes.

EDIT: Wait! I lied. I had a game longer than 10 minutes. But it was a 2-player game.

#5629 2 years ago

My trade in is packed in the truck and ready to roll after work tomorrow .I have to get a different system down .I’m hauling these pins up/down a 180 staircase (WOZ almost did me in )with the lamest dolly you ever seen and my help ,although I’m proud they jump in ,are 12 n 13 years old.Are escaleras worth the $ or is there another option you would suggest ?

#5630 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

My trade in is packed in the truck and ready to roll after work tomorrow .I have to get a different system down .I’m hauling these pins up/down a 180 staircase (WOZ almost did me in )with the lamest dolly you ever seen and my help ,although I’m proud they jump in ,are 12 n 13 years old.Are escaleras worth the $ or is there another option you would suggest ?

Beer and a buddy!

#5631 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Beer and a buddy!

Lmao .They do when around I’m just falling apart .

#5632 2 years ago

Can’t wait to get it home .

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5633 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Boomed it pretty hard, finally.
The Celebration multi ball where all the record covers come to life is pretty awesome. One of the best wizard mode launches I’ve seen, amazing package, just fun to watch the whole thing unfold and a proper reward for making it there.
Def worth the slog. This game took like an hour?!
I put the training wheels back on to pull this off, factory settings. Probably got 4-5 extra balls?
Anyway now I don’t have to play this for a month. I got a WWF to shop out!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Got to Celebration Mode myself a few nights ago. I didn't even know it was a thing. Totally agree about the intro. I had to piss something fierce but there was noone at the bar I knew to ask to mind the game for a minute so I stood by and watched and played. Didn't do very well (IMO) but wound up with a good score.

15d2dd46ad0831c03b653ac44523fbb4f057172e (resized).jpg15d2dd46ad0831c03b653ac44523fbb4f057172e (resized).jpg
#5634 2 years ago

I’ve tried most of the flipper Easter egg codes but not much unique to this pin that I could find. Anyone find any?

#5635 2 years ago

Success! Of course nobody home to help me get it down stairs si this might be our first kitchen pin .I wonder how that will fly .

CDC09AE3-B904-4011-9F74-48CF68D6C4D1 (resized).jpegCDC09AE3-B904-4011-9F74-48CF68D6C4D1 (resized).jpeg
#5636 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Success! Of course nobody home to help me get it down stairs si this might be our first kitchen pin .I wonder how that will fly .
[quoted image]

like a LED Balloon

#5637 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

[quoted image]

Easy, take it off pallet and slide her right down those stairs!

#5638 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

[quoted image]

Dude I would have come out and helped you. Congrats!

#5639 2 years ago

Thanks John .Free beer worked, thanks for the tip .My neighbor came through.I’m not saying shit except the fact I’ve never played that many consecutive games on 1 pin ever before .2 words “Psychedelic Muscle”!

Quoted from Chisox:

Dude I would have come out and helped you. Congrats!

C2741C28-5165-4591-B7C5-88E667CDEAA8 (resized).jpegC2741C28-5165-4591-B7C5-88E667CDEAA8 (resized).jpeg
#5640 2 years ago

I’ve played in on location 4 times but the home environment blew me the fuck away .Actually hit the #hot shot” 3 times solid and once on the plunge I believe .I’ll bet that’s a hard one to semi master ?Fing no brainer this game is ! Glad to join the club !Had 1 15 minute game and I was exhausted but kept playing .I’ll read the thread before I ask stupid shit .Everything worked and shots were dialed in I had the bubble full on the line I might back off a smidge and try it out .

#5641 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

...and I'll let you know when I have a game longer than 10 minutes.
EDIT: Wait! I lied. I had a game longer than 10 minutes. But it was a 2-player game.

Same for me boob. Short games with my abilities.

Got a Pro delivered to me on Wednesday.

Took me 6 months to get over the cabinet artwork but finally figured out you don't play the cabinet and called up the distro and said send one.

First handful of games seemed to last fairly normal times for me. Short but not horrible ball times. Updated code and games seem to have gotten shorter yet. Yeah a 10 minute game for me would be a feat. Ha Ha.

Side note for boob :
Had a friend bring his escalara over to help me get it downstairs when it was delivered. He never loans it out So it was ready to go. Still on his first one. We don't have any young guys living in their grandmas flooded basements around here so equipment stays in top shape. Glad my buddy has been helping when I have new pins arrive. He's a very good escalara driver too.

#5642 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Same for me boob. Short games with my abilities.
Got a Pro delivered to me on Wednesday.
Took me 6 months to get over the cabinet artwork but finally figured out you don't play the cabinet and called up the distro and said send one.
First handful of games seemed to last fairly normal times for me. Short but not horrible ball times. Updated code and games seem to have gotten shorter yet. Yeah a 10 minute game for me would be a feat. Ha Ha.
Side note for boob :
Had a friend bring his escalara over to help me get it downstairs when it was delivered. He never loans it out So it was ready to go. Still on his first one. We don't have any young guys living in their grandmas flooded basements around here so equipment stays in top shape. Glad my buddy has been helping when I have new pins arrive. He's a very good escalara driver too.

Whole lotta cradling in that game .I didn’t check the code but it had the seizure and the seizure is staying Wow!

#5643 2 years ago

Yup - you can cradle your shots and shoot or play all speed. I wind up with short games either way. Have had some good games, but I think I was playing generally longer games before I updated the code. Have to play more games and get acquainted with the pin. I'll get some time in today.

I need to play better.

#5644 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I’ve played in on location 4 times but the home environment blew me the fuck away .Actually hit the #hot shot” 3 times solid and once on the plunge I believe .I’ll bet that’s a hard one to semi master ?Fing no brainer this game is ! Glad to join the club !Had 1 15 minute game and I was exhausted but kept playing .I’ll read the thread before I ask stupid shit .Everything worked and shots were dialed in I had the bubble full on the line I might back off a smidge and try it out .

Pinwoofer and external sub takes it to the next level!!

#5645 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Pinwoofer and external sub takes it to the next level!!

I agree I talked to Dan I need 4 and I’m tapped for a bit

#5646 2 years ago

You will be happy with your pinwoofers.I was going to add speaker lights but decided I really like the way it looks as is.and if you arent happy with your translite there are many options.

IMG_1904 (resized).jpgIMG_1904 (resized).jpgIMG_1915 (resized).jpgIMG_1915 (resized).jpgIMG_2482 (resized).jpgIMG_2482 (resized).jpg
#5647 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

You will be happy with your pinwoofers.I was going to add speaker lights but decided I really like the way it looks as is.and if you arent happy with your translite there are many options.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I’m just happy to own this game .Brutal ass kicker I love it .It’s exactly what I needed with what I got .

#5648 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Those look great ! Jimmy w the double neck fits well .

#5649 2 years ago

I checked on why my Icarus was popping up too high and getting stuck.My set screw on the bottom was missing.I checked with Hayfarmer and his was loose as well so tighten when your up.

#5650 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:I checked on why my Icarus was popping up too high and getting stuck.My set screw on the bottom was missing.I checked with Hayfarmer and his was loose as well so tighten when your up.

Yes that mech takes a lot of abuse. On mine the screw holding the assembly down flew off.

I would suggest checking it out from time to time. If it happens again I may try loctite.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 65.99
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

There are 9,617 posts in this topic. You are on page 113 of 193.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/113?hl=number_runner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.