IMG_6977 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6979 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6978 (resized).jpeg
20240301_162016 (resized).jpg
20240301_162025 (resized).jpg
20240301_161950 (resized).jpg
20240301_161936 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,547 posts in this topic. You are on page 112 of 191.
#5551 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Hi neighbor - seems like this topper is a finicky item.My topper broke 1 month after I got it. Spotlights would move, but the lights would turn off and would only light up when pointed to the sides. Been at stern for over 6 weeks for repair. I was told it needs a new microchip. No clue when I’m getting it back. Would rather they just give me a new one.

they certainly should at the price you paid

#5552 2 years ago

I started my zeppelin collection with a pinball machine but it’s growing quite nicely. Been wanting to collect something for awhile now.

72D42D09-2A1E-413D-88B7-7CF726DABDE7 (resized).jpeg72D42D09-2A1E-413D-88B7-7CF726DABDE7 (resized).jpeg
#5553 2 years ago

Officially joined the club today! I’ve been happily getting my ass kicked by this machine for the last 3 hours now.

E623F1F3-24D6-4186-BA64-E632EE3F161C (resized).jpegE623F1F3-24D6-4186-BA64-E632EE3F161C (resized).jpeg
#5554 2 years ago

Well, I'm bummed. Wanted to play a few games and my spinner opto isn't working. Entrance and magnet optos are fine, but not the spinner opto. Gotta check the connection, I guess, and then contact Pablo for a replacement if I don't have any luck. No point in playing the game when the EM doesn't work. Anyone else ever see this?

#5555 2 years ago
Quoted from Greaseman:

Installed the PinMonk Tibetan Breeze v1.5 SPIKE 2 Flipper Cooling kit today for my Zep LE. This was my first purchase/install of this kit.
Verdict: Um, yeah, must have. Tested it and 30 minutes after continuous play I was able to backhand the right ramp. Previously, without it, that was a dead shot after about 15-20 minutes.
For me, it's simply a gamechanger because that's my most consistent shot along with the center ramp (and, well, of course the spinner when it's up). Posted my best Kashmir effort (when starting game with this song) with 8 gold records and actually made it through the entire song for the first time. Don't underestimate the importance of this to me - one of the greatest songs ever created and have been annoyed I hadn't made it through yet (yes, I'm a newbie player).
Only issue was the brackets for both the right and left didn't fit neatly into the space - I ended up sanding away portions of both - took me about 3-4 iterations each. I didn't want to remove more than was necessary - they fit perfectly though with what I sanded away. Not a big deal - easy to do, just some extra time. Install, other than that, was....ahem, a breeze. I'm sure it's impossible to create brackets that fit every game so no issue and this will be a must have for any of my pins that have flipper fade. For me, for what we spend on these pins, it seems that having more consistent flipper power/control is a no brainer for $120.
Just my 2 cents......hit me back with any thoughts/comments.

Same here. Good results with the Tibetan Breeze fans. I can backhand the right ramp deep into a long game now. I also had some fitment issues. What I did was relocate the lamp socket slightly that was interfering with the fit. Sanding sounds like a better way to go. Anyway, they work great and you can only hear them when in attract mode and they're very quiet. Backhanding that right ramp is important for sure!

#5556 2 years ago
Quoted from Greaseman:

Installed the PinMonk Tibetan Breeze v1.5 SPIKE 2 Flipper Cooling kit today for my Zep LE. This was my first purchase/install of this kit.
Verdict: Um, yeah, must have. Tested it and 30 minutes after continuous play I was able to backhand the right ramp. Previously, without it, that was a dead shot after about 15-20 minutes.
For me, it's simply a gamechanger because that's my most consistent shot along with the center ramp (and, well, of course the spinner when it's up). Posted my best Kashmir effort (when starting game with this song) with 8 gold records and actually made it through the entire song for the first time. Don't underestimate the importance of this to me - one of the greatest songs ever created and have been annoyed I hadn't made it through yet (yes, I'm a newbie player).
Only issue was the brackets for both the right and left didn't fit neatly into the space - I ended up sanding away portions of both - took me about 3-4 iterations each. I didn't want to remove more than was necessary - they fit perfectly though with what I sanded away. Not a big deal - easy to do, just some extra time. Install, other than that, was....ahem, a breeze. I'm sure it's impossible to create brackets that fit every game so no issue and this will be a must have for any of my pins that have flipper fade. For me, for what we spend on these pins, it seems that having more consistent flipper power/control is a no brainer for $120.
Just my 2 cents......hit me back with any thoughts/comments.

next time you have your playfield up maybe you could snap a couple photos of the installed fans

#5557 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Hi neighbor - seems like this topper is a finicky item.My topper broke 1 month after I got it. Spotlights would move, but the lights would turn off and would only light up when pointed to the sides. Been at stern for over 6 weeks for repair. I was told it needs a new microchip. No clue when I’m getting it back. Would rather they just give me a new one.

The 2 i’ve seen in person looked like Buchemi in the Sandler movie .One stuck and the other roaming wanderessly.

#5558 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

The 2 i’ve seen in person looked like Buchemi in the Sandler movie .One stuck and the other roaming wanderessly.

Fortunate mines worked flawlessly so far

#5559 2 years ago

I know I’m in the wrong place to ask this .I’m actuality embarrassed to ask but fuck it .I got 2 trustworthy reviews on this and I’m a Huge LZ fan but gotta ask .I’m trying to plug my way to 6 pins hustling best I can (First pin paid for on a $10 Draftkings bet that paid 8.5k so got off to a good start the rest tough labor).I’m making a fair trade friday for a NIB prem so once the box is opened is this a 6800 pin?Is the code final or is it too early ? This hobby is for fun I 100% understand it but I’m in a position where my decisions count until I fill my space .I know you all been here so what say you?

#5560 2 years ago

@kkoss24
You have a nice collection and assume you like them all. Have you had a chance to play LZ on location or otherwise? Value wise yes it's worth 6800

Your heart and love of the game vs your trade is another story you'll have to answer yourself.

#5561 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I know I’m in the wrong place to ask this .I’m actuality embarrassed to ask but fuck it .I got 2 trustworthy reviews on this and I’m a Huge LZ fan but gotta ask .I’m trying to plug my way to 6 pins hustling best I can (First pin paid for on a $10 Draftkings bet that paid 8.5k so got off to a good start the rest tough labor).I’m making a fair trade friday for a NIB prem so once the box is opened is this a 6800 pin?Is the code final or is it too early ? This hobby is for fun I 100% understand it but I’m in a position where my decisions count until I fill my space .I know you all been here so what say you?

If you like LZ you can’t go wrong. The music and the light show are hands down best on any pin I’ve played. Its gorgeous

#5562 2 years ago
Quoted from Txcoastal1:

Kkoss24
You have a nice collection and assume you like them all. Have you had a chance to play LZ on location or otherwise? Value wise yes it's worth 6800
Your heart and love of the game vs your trade is another story you'll have to answer yourself.

Man I’m thinking of this all wrong ,thank you !We have played this (my youngest skipped ) and my thoughts are it was as smooth as a baby’s ass .I have a hard time playing pins on location as you can feel the shots but the rest is quiet .I can’t consume a pin like at home .I was about to make a huge mistake by thinking of profit over fun .This is a hobby like any other.You make your decisions by fun factor with disposable income and that’s it .I’m not moving from this one, I look forward to the scoring wars from what I’ve heard it’s famous for .I’m joining the club Friday and all along it was a No Brainer!

#5563 2 years ago

I can’t wait until Friday night !

#5564 2 years ago

Looks like we most likely have Steve Ritchie's last design at Stern. You might even say it's his Swan Song.

#5565 2 years ago

Okay...what's the deal with the band booster and how does it work? I just slap the button when it's flashing and hope for the best.

#5566 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Okay...what's the deal with the band booster and how does it work? I just slap the button when it's flashing and hope for the best.

Don't slap it until it turns red.

Then you can use it as an on-demand add-a-ball during any multiball.

#5567 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Looks like we most likely have Steve Ritchie's last design at Stern. You might even say it's his Swan Song.
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"bac9dda5187e980090fd7f0c55ab60ba8736d9cf-1627954635-1800"};
//]]>

Played Ramble On in his honor.
Best gig ever making a living doing what you love for so long.
We could all be so lucky!

#5568 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Played Ramble On in his honor.
Best gig ever making a living doing what you love for so long.
We could all be so lucky!

When I'm that age I plan on being retired.

#5569 2 years ago

<blockquote

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

When I'm that age I plan on being retired.

When you are doing what you love you are already retired. I am assuming that he loves what he is doing.

#5570 2 years ago

We make plans and God laughs !

#5571 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

LE 20k by Christmas

#5572 2 years ago

I've played the cities tour multi-ball mini-wizard mode a few times now, and it would really be nice if the announcer could call out the cities as you hit them. I really have no idea of my progress, and it's extremely difficult to lookup during the middle of a multi-ball.

#5573 2 years ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

I've played the cities tour multi-ball mini-wizard mode a few times now, and it would really be nice if the announcer could call out the cities as you hit them. I really have no idea of my progress, and it's extremely difficult to lookup during the middle of a multi-ball.

fully agree- i'd also like the announcer to call out the "super" shots when you hit the side ramp. I know the first one is for Super spinner after that i never know what i'm getting (and i'm too lazy to look it up).

#5574 2 years ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

Agree, no time to look and see what’s going on so a call out would be nice.

#5575 2 years ago

So wait you guys aren't just flailing wildly during that Tour multiball?

#5576 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So wait you guys aren't just flailing wildly during that Tour multiball?

That's not what your supposed to do?

#5577 2 years ago
Quoted from Chuckwebster:

fully agree- i'd also like the announcer to call out the "super" shots when you hit the side ramp. I know the first one is for Super spinner after that i never know what i'm getting (and i'm too lazy to look it up).

Call outs would be nice. But even just changing the timing of the display would help. As it is now, you shoot the side ramp and the Super"whatever" is shown on the screen right about the time the ball is coming down the inlane. Just a bit earlier or later would be a big improvement.

#5578 2 years ago

Those who have a Pro - Do you have the Expressions lighting kit ? Is the additional light show a good addition to the game ? Any tips on installation if you add it to the game ?

#5579 2 years ago

I see Kashmir is 8 mins.

Think you need 5 gold records to change song - how quickly is this achievable?

Seems like it's going to take an age to get through 10 songs?

#5580 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I see Kashmir is 8 mins.
Think you need 5 gold records to change song - how quickly is this achievable?
Seems like it's going to take an age to get through 10 songs?

For mere mortals if you can reach the "top of the charts" mode it will help you finish all the songs you didn't get to platinum. You'd have to be a super elite player to get all songs to platinum without using "top of the charts" before starting the "?" mode. Karl DeAngelo is attempting to do this on his IEpinball stream. Not sure if he made it.

My personal strategy is to just get to 5 gold then collect the super band boost and move on to the next song.

#5581 2 years ago
Quoted from Chuckwebster:

For mere mortals if you can reach the "top of the charts" mode it will help you finish all the songs you didn't get to platinum. You'd have to be a super elite player to get all songs to platinum without using "top of the charts" before starting the "?" mode. Karl DeAngelo is attempting to do this on his IEpinball stream. Not sure if he made it.
My personal strategy is to just get to 5 gold then collect the super band boost and move on to the next song.

This is my strategy as well.

The once in 500 games so far where you'll actually get 10 golds, you can then try to finish them off in top of the charts and/or after (which I managed to pull off!)

#5582 2 years ago

Just had a pretty good game by my lowly standards, 270 million.

Got an EM Frenzy. If that mode doesn’t get you totally pumped you are dead inside. EM Frenzy has got to be one of the single most epic moments in all of pinball!

#5583 2 years ago

Played a ton of games on the pro and really liked it, even though third flipper is a bit meh.

I guess if there are some very high reward shots at the target, it may make it worth shooting for.

Also played GnR LE and despite LZ playfield being bare, LZ was way more fun.

Do not enjoy being out of a song on GnR and JJP flippers take some getting used to.

Think I want a LZ Premium but the ever breaking EM mech really puts me off.

#5584 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Played a ton of games on the pro and really liked it, even though third flipper is a bit meh.
I guess if there are some very high reward shots at the target, it may make it worth shooting for.
Also played GnR LE and despite LZ playfield being bare, LZ was way more fun.
Do not enjoy being out of a song on GnR and JJP flippers take some getting used to.
Think I want a LZ Premium but the ever breaking EM mech really puts me off.

Just for a point of reference, I have had my LZ Premium since May and well over 1,000+ games in, My Spinner has been perfect since day 1.Never had any issues. Now I just want my damn Topper back from stern!

#5585 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Now I just want my damn Topper back from stern!

You and me, both, brother...

#5586 2 years ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

Just had a pretty good game by my lowly standards, 270 million.
Got an EM Frenzy. If that mode doesn’t get you totally pumped you are dead inside. EM Frenzy has got to be one of the single most epic moments in all of pinball!

Does the EM frenzy still have the ‘seizure’ lighting effect? I haven’t gotten there since I did the last update and they took away the cool lighting for the regular EM when it first comes up.

#5587 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Does the EM frenzy still have the ‘seizure’ lighting effect? I haven’t gotten there since I did the last update and they took away the cool lighting for the regular EM when it first comes up.

Sadly no.

#5588 2 years ago

I always keep the previous code when I update, just for reasons like this. Hell, im still runnin 1.0, the updates past there didn't seem like they would do much for me. ( as an average player)

#5589 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

I’m still two updates behind, so I still have the seizure lighting. Like Hayfarmer I’m not one to jump on new code right away. Sometimes that works out in my favor.

#5590 2 years ago

Just confirmed ,I’m leaving from work in 48:45 to go pick it up .I’m about to turn that frown upside down .

37C174D6-7CA2-4B2F-B86F-078B52937F75 (resized).jpeg37C174D6-7CA2-4B2F-B86F-078B52937F75 (resized).jpeg
#5591 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I always keep the previous code when I update, just for reasons like this. Hell, im still runnin 1.0, the updates past there didn't seem like they would do much for me. ( as an average player)

can you reload 1.0 after you have loaded newer code ?

#5592 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

can you reload 1.0 after you have loaded newer code ?

Yup

#5593 2 years ago

Where is the code backed up on internet?
Not on Stern site.

#5594 2 years ago

I dont think they do. I keep the previous update and use a diff USB.

#5595 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I dont think they do. I keep the previous update and use a diff USB.

I screwed up this time and used the wrong stick. So pissed.
I need light show back.
Emailed stern for either seizure lights back or for old code back on website.
No response in over a week.

#5596 2 years ago

Odd that they don't or won't post or send it.

#5597 2 years ago
Quoted from shlt_thunder:

Officially joined the club today! I’ve been happily getting my ass kicked by this machine for the last 3 hours now.
[quoted image]

nice pickup, i almost jumped on that game. congrats

#5598 2 years ago

Don’t know much about Sexton as it relates to games he’s done for Stern. Just curious if he has a good record for completing/polishing code?

#5599 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Those who have a Pro - Do you have the Expressions lighting kit ? Is the additional light show a good addition to the game ? Any tips on installation if you add it to the game ?

I added Expression Lighting to my Pro and absolutely recommend doing so. Huge addition to the playing experience!

It was not difficult. The trickiest part was proper placement of the decals to line up their graphics with graphics on the light strip but very doable with a little patience. It is recommended that you remove the playfield. Not hard especially if you have one other person to help lift it out of the cabinet (but doable solo).

Here is a link to a video showing how to remove the playfield;

Here is a link to a video walking you through the install process;

#5600 2 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

nice pickup, i almost jumped on that game. congrats

Thanks! Sorry I took it from under you.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
There are 9,547 posts in this topic. You are on page 112 of 191.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/112 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.