IMG_4772 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4777 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4775 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4776 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
shooter (resized).jpg
20240301_161950 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,617 posts in this topic. You are on page 111 of 193.
#5501 2 years ago

The spinner is symmetrical so flipping it will not change a single thing...unless it is already bent from a collision. The best way is to actually straighten it so the wires enter the holes at a perfect 90 degree angle when looked at from directly above and looking straight on.

At some point I need to make a video to explain this better.

#5502 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Did you flip it around already ? so the short end is facing down

The short end should always face down, that's how it's weighted. If the short end is facing up then the arms are bent to shit.

#5503 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

The short end should always face down, that's how it's weighted. If the short end is facing up then the arms are bent to shit.

right

#5504 2 years ago

major boomage today!

image0 (resized).JPGimage0 (resized).JPG

#5505 2 years ago

anyone have trouble getting code updates on zeppelin? stern site keeps cutting me off. i've used chrome, firefox, edge, same result.

#5506 2 years ago

I received my premium 2 days ago how the hell can anyone say this game doesn’t kick ass. I’m learning as I go along have code 1.4 installed from factory on factory settings and seems like a lot of ball saves and most of the time extra ball per game. Fine by me as highest score around 250,000 most games 75,000. Only issues are center ramp if shot straight on it hits top comes back, and right side loop de loop will do same from hard shots from left flipper. Magic riser no issues spinner rips! Hooked up sub and honeymoon phase but no way I’ll change my opinion I can tell already love at first sight

#5507 2 years ago
Quoted from bonzo442:

I received my premium 2 days ago how the hell can anyone say this game doesn’t kick ass. I’m learning as I go along have code 1.4 installed from factory on factory settings and seems like a lot of ball saves and most of the time extra ball per game. Fine by me as highest score around 250,000 most games 75,000. Only issues are center ramp if shot straight on it hits top comes back, and right side loop de loop will do same from hard shots from left flipper. Magic riser no issues spinner rips! Hooked up sub and honeymoon phase but no way I’ll change my opinion I can tell already love at first sight

Jesus, keep it down a little. The folks in the other forums might hear people legitimately like this game.

#5508 2 years ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

Jesus, keep it down a little. The folks in the other forums might hear people legitimately like this game.

Fuck knows, i like the last Black Night Sword thing. Wish my mate would sell me hi prem that was here for months.

Simple things are the best.

#5509 2 years ago

My LZ will not leave my collection, it's not an easy game but love the shots and skill needed.
Anyone have Aerosmith and LZ? I've played AS and like it and certainly like the music.
I started reading up on the Aerosmith forum and as with all pins they have issues and you have to throw out the guys who never should have bought a pinball and stuck to video games, having said that I'd like to hear some comparisons from the LZ group.

#5510 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Fuck knows, i like the last Black Night Sword thing. Wish my mate would sell me hi prem that was here for months.

Simple things are the best.

BKSoR is a great, underrated game.

Simple games can be great. Over the top complex games can be great. It's all how the entire thing comes together as one cohesive game.

#5511 2 years ago
Quoted from badactor:

My LZ will not leave my collection, it's not an easy game but love the shots and skill needed.
Anyone have Aerosmith and LZ? I've played AS and like it and certainly like the music.
I started reading up on the Aerosmith forum and as with all pins they have issues and you have to throw out the guys who never should have bought a pinball and stuck to video games, having said that I'd like to hear some comparisons from the LZ group.

I have both LZ and AS and love them both. Fast flowing games and I personally don’t think they are anything like one another. AS also has some of the best art in pinball. Another highly underrated game IMO.

#5512 2 years ago
Quoted from badactor:

I have both and both were bought NIB. AS is great as you can choose your strategy- go with a 3 ball multi or hold out for a 6 ball, risking loosing it all. Finish a song totally or try to make it partially to get thru all the songs to get final tour points. I feel AS was really built for me and never gets old.
LZ has an excitement factor AS doesn't have and the shots you DO make seem to be more satisfying... it's kind of hard for me to put my finger on it. Both are great but quite different.
The truth is both games are a blast and I can't see either leaving. I recommend both. In fact, Stern has really been on a roll lately. My recent additions- EHOH, DP, LZ have all been keepers.

#5513 2 years ago

I have an AsLE and i love it. Doesn't get played much down the back, but is always popular when it comes up in comp.

I know kids who won't play another pinball here except Aerosmith.

#5514 2 years ago
Quoted from badactor:

I own them both- both are great games in their own rights. AS rules aren't nearly as deep and misses some subtlties that LZ has. on the other hand its a popular choice on league nights because of the easier rule set. I'd say LZ and AS fit nicely together in a collection. Now the real underrated rock pin is Kiss. So many people gave up on the game before they fixed the code.

#5515 2 years ago
Quoted from Chuckwebster:

I own them both- both are great games in their own rights. AS rules aren't nearly as deep and misses some subtlties that LZ has. on the other hand its a popular choice on league nights because of the easier rule set. I'd say LZ and AS fit nicely together in a collection. Now the real underrated rock pin is Kiss. So many people gave up on the game before they fixed the code.

I’m super bummed I passed on an AS last year would have been my first pin and the price was insane. Granted I wouldn’t have been able to get LZ this year had I done so and I’m stoked to be here.

If another came up for a good deal I’d snag one but since I already have one music pin wouldn’t mind a more adventure type game (MM, AFM etc)

#5516 2 years ago

Can’t stop playing, put washers in center rear ramp on right side to fix rejects works 90% now, aligned some targets, snugged up screws nuts n bolts, adjusted EQ with my sub, increased music decreased voice & scored a 320,000 plus game

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5517 2 years ago

I'm having an issue now where sometimes the EM doesn't kick another ball out into play when it initially grabs the ball and goes under the playfield. Usually a hard nudge will get it to register it's down there.

What should I do/look for?

#5518 2 years ago

I'm having an issue now where sometimes the EM doesn't kick another ball out into play when it initially grabs the ball and goes under the playfield. Usually a hard nudge will get it to register it's down there.
What should I do/look for?

This is the price of Doing business when you do the spinner flip. Not much you can do really.

#5519 2 years ago

If it’s lowering then it knows the ball is trapped so kicking another ball should be automatic, so the spinner has something to do with that process?

#5520 2 years ago
Quoted from bonzo442:

If it’s lowering then it knows the ball is trapped so kicking another ball should be automatic, so the spinner has something to do with that process?

yup- the spinner isn't resting in the right position when it lowers. It happens once and awhile on mine. a drop of super lube or teflon wax on the spinner arms/bracket might help a bit (and will make your spinner rip like crazy).

#5521 2 years ago
Quoted from bonzo442:

yes

#5522 2 years ago

yup- the spinner isn't resting in the right position when it lowers. It happens once and awhile on mine. a drop of super lube or teflon wax on the spinner arms/bracket might help a bit (and will make your spinner rip like crazy).

Good to know !

Copy that !

#5523 2 years ago

Did anyone else watch Karl's first attempt at getting platinum on all songs? That is WITHOUT getting Top of the Charts. In other words, you must get platinum on all songs without getting 5 gold on every song. There's a one Billion point bonus for doing so. Quite difficult, especially since he has it set for only one EB.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1097794921

#5524 2 years ago
Quoted from badactor:My LZ will not leave my collection, it's not an easy game but love the shots and skill needed.

just got zeppelin. but had aerosmith 3 years. not as fast lz, but a challenging game with a great toy with jacky and the toy box. my inital thought is the shots are tougher in lz. you can backhand the right ramp in aerosmith, that makes that ramps shot a lot easier.

i think there are a lot of aerosmith haters out there and i don't get. i prefer it to acdc pin, metallica, iron maiden. to each their own i guess. if i were rank the rock games i'd rank them like this (i'm leaving out zeppelin cuz its new to me) 1. aerosmith. 2. metallica, 3. kiss. 4.iron maiden. 5.acdc, 6. guns and roses. 7. beatles

#5525 2 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

just got zeppelin. but had aerosmith 3 years. not as fast lz, but a challenging game with a great toy with jacky and the toy box. my inital thought is the shots are tougher in lz. you can backhand the right ramp in aerosmith, that makes that ramps shot a lot easier.
i think there are a lot of aerosmith haters out there and i don't get. i prefer it to acdc pin, metallica, iron maiden. to each their own i guess. if i were rank the rock games i'd rank them like this (i'm leaving out zeppelin cuz its new to me) 1. aerosmith. 2. metallica, 3. kiss. 4.iron maiden. 5.acdc, 6. guns and roses. 7. beatles

The Who's Tommy doesn't even get a mention?

There was a near riot from my players when i sold it.

#5526 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

It's not really a rock pin with that broadway soundtrack and that garish theater art job. Fun game or not it's easy to leave it out of a rock pin discussion.

And that video mode uff.

#5527 2 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

1. aerosmith. 2. metallica, 3. kiss. 4.iron maiden. 5.acdc, 6. guns and roses. 7. beatles

Funny I really like the Beatles. I would put it ahead of all of those games except Metallica and ACDC. Then again, I love EM and early SS layouts as much as the new LCD games.

#5528 2 years ago

I re-watched the trailer for this game. It claims you can hit the center ramp "from any flipper". Really? I can "hit" the center ramp sometimes with the upper flipper, but not enough to successfully make it up there.

Is this just me, and the way my game is set up? Pitch is like 6.7.

#5529 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Never played it. Same will.rolling stones

#5530 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Funny I really like the Beatles. I would put it ahead of all of those games except Metallica and ACDC. Then again, I love EM and early SS layouts as much as the new LCD games.

I wanted to like Beatles, but find it easy with long ball times. A step behind other rock games.

#5531 2 years ago

I re-watched the trailer for this game. It claims you can hit the center ramp "from any flipper". Really? I can "hit" the center ramp sometimes with the upper flipper, but not enough to successfully make it up there.

I’ve hit it but most times it’ll roll back but occasionally it gets over the hump

#5532 2 years ago

I'm at 7.0, and when I hit center ramp, its a complete fluke. I've pulled glass and tried to repeat it, but no success. But, it can be done, not often tho

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5533 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's not really a rock pin with that broadway soundtrack and that garish theater art job. Fun game or not it's easy to leave it out of a rock pin discussion.
And that video mode uff.

Not a big mod guy but Tommy with a Pinsound board with actual Who music and upgraded speakers/sub is an absolute banger. Wish I still had mine. That video mode though …you’re right. Quite possibly the worst 30 seconds in pinball history and now that I think about it, the reason I sold it. Tommy is up there for me though with LZ, MET, and Beatles.

#5534 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Not a big mod guy but Tommy with a Pinsound board with actual Who music and upgraded speakers/sub is an absolute banger. Wish I still had mine. That video mode though …you’re right. Quite possibly the worst 30 seconds in pinball history and now that I think about it, the reason I sold it. Tommy is up there for me though with LZ, MET, and Beatles.

I will play the video mode. You will leave the plane at the bottom of the screen as everyone suggests. I will beat you every time...

Edit: Not directed at any individual. I'm saying anybody.

#5535 2 years ago

Just reminding everyone that the EM seizure’ lights are still MIA…
I Emailed Stern last week and Pablo replied on Thursday saying they would forward my request to the proper personnel - hope that doesn’t mean the trash bin! I mentioned that a few people on pinside miss this aspect as well.
Hoping others will contact them a and have them at least give us a menu option to Bring it back. It was too cool of a feature to take away.

#5536 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:Not a big mod guy but Tommy with a Pinsound board with actual Who music and upgraded speakers/sub is an absolute banger. Wish I still had mine. That video mode though …you’re right. Quite possibly the worst 30 seconds in pinball history and now that I think about it, the reason I sold it. Tommy is up there for me though with LZ, MET, and Beatles.

Yeah had the pinsound in both mine too. If it hadn't been for the constant maintenance i'd still have both my DE's.

#5537 2 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

My top 5 music pins (no particular order within the groups): Stern Kiss, AC/DC, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Led Zeppelin

5-10: Beatles, GNR DE, Aerosmith, Tommy, GNR JJP

11-20: Bally Kiss, ACNC, , Wizard, Elvis, Heavy Metal Meltdown, Bally Rolling Stones, Nugent, Disco Fever, Dolly, Stern Rolling Stones, Al's Garage Band

21+ Capt Fantastic, Roller Disco, Roy Clark, Sound Stage, Gottlieb Rock, Stern Disco

Honorable mentions: Monster Bash and Mustang (yes i consider these music pins- but i know many wouldn't), Punk (never played it)

#5538 2 years ago

You forgot Rob Zombie and Alice Cooper in the honourable mention list.

#5539 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

You forgot Rob Zombie and Alice Cooper in the honourable mention list.

oops- i did forget RZ - i like it better than most people - so probably put RZ in the top 20. ACNC i already have in my 11-20 group

#5540 2 years ago

oops- i did forget RZ - i like it better than most people - so probably put RZ in the top 20. ACNC i already have in my 11-20 group

How bout Dolly?

#5541 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I will play the video mode. You will leave the plane at the bottom of the screen as everyone suggests. I will beat you every time...
Edit: Not directed at any individual. I'm saying anybody.

I have no doubt that you would haha. And I would indeed move the plane to the bottom and grab another beer every single time. I hate video modes across the board (sorry Dwight).

#5542 2 years ago

Looks like I’ll be joining the club Friday with a prem ! Can’t fing wait

#5543 2 years ago

Lubed the EM spinner today for the first time and yea… I should have listened to you guys sooner. Recognized the ball now every time on capture and lower and rips like a madman.

#5544 2 years ago

Installed the PinMonk Tibetan Breeze v1.5 SPIKE 2 Flipper Cooling kit today for my Zep LE. This was my first purchase/install of this kit.

Verdict: Um, yeah, must have. Tested it and 30 minutes after continuous play I was able to backhand the right ramp. Previously, without it, that was a dead shot after about 15-20 minutes.

For me, it's simply a gamechanger because that's my most consistent shot along with the center ramp (and, well, of course the spinner when it's up). Posted my best Kashmir effort (when starting game with this song) with 8 gold records and actually made it through the entire song for the first time. Don't underestimate the importance of this to me - one of the greatest songs ever created and have been annoyed I hadn't made it through yet (yes, I'm a newbie player).

Only issue was the brackets for both the right and left didn't fit neatly into the space - I ended up sanding away portions of both - took me about 3-4 iterations each. I didn't want to remove more than was necessary - they fit perfectly though with what I sanded away. Not a big deal - easy to do, just some extra time. Install, other than that, was....ahem, a breeze. I'm sure it's impossible to create brackets that fit every game so no issue and this will be a must have for any of my pins that have flipper fade. For me, for what we spend on these pins, it seems that having more consistent flipper power/control is a no brainer for $120.

Just my 2 cents......hit me back with any thoughts/comments.

#5545 2 years ago

Boomed it pretty hard, finally.

The Celebration multi ball where all the record covers come to life is pretty awesome. One of the best wizard mode launches I’ve seen, amazing package, just fun to watch the whole thing unfold and a proper reward for making it there.

Def worth the slog. This game took like an hour?!

I put the training wheels back on to pull this off, factory settings. Probably got 4-5 extra balls?

Anyway now I don’t have to play this for a month. I got a WWF to shop out!
2C42AB82-696A-4276-B217-0B579E0DBD4D (resized).jpeg2C42AB82-696A-4276-B217-0B579E0DBD4D (resized).jpeg88C65DF4-78CA-4EBB-B247-3DF7B5F3D894 (resized).jpeg88C65DF4-78CA-4EBB-B247-3DF7B5F3D894 (resized).jpeg

#5546 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Boomed it pretty hard, finally.
The Celebration multi ball where all the record covers come to life is pretty awesome. One of the best wizard mode launches I’ve seen, amazing package!!
Def worth the slog. This game took like an hour?!
I put the training wheels back on to pull this off, factory settings. Probably got 4-5 extra balls?
Anyway now I don’t have to play this for a month. I got a WWF to shop out!
[quoted image][quoted image]

So...does it play Celebration Day? Because I'll never get there.

#5547 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

So...does it play Celebration Day? Because I'll never get there.

Ditto!!

#5548 2 years ago

Ha no hidden songs on this one just tons of points and an amazing intro.

#5549 2 years ago

Anyone have a problem with their left spot light not moving on the topper?

#5550 2 years ago
Quoted from TUFLYF:

Anyone have a problem with their left spot light not moving on the topper?

Hi neighbor - seems like this topper is a finicky item.My topper broke 1 month after I got it. Spotlights would move, but the lights would turn off and would only light up when pointed to the sides. Been at stern for over 6 weeks for repair. I was told it needs a new microchip. No clue when I’m getting it back. Would rather they just give me a new one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Suffern, NY
$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Far Hills, NJ
Machine - For Sale
Kansas City, KS
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 65.99
$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 9,617 posts in this topic. You are on page 111 of 193.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/111 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.