20221112_102121 (resized).jpg
20221112_115345 (resized).jpg
20210319_212153 (resized).jpg
IMG_4768 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4769 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4772 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4777 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,627 posts in this topic. You are on page 110 of 193.
#5451 2 years ago

thats where the amp goes anyway just throw away the box

#5452 2 years ago
Quoted from Cento:

I recd my brand new in the box Led Zeppelin Premium today. It was shipped from Stern without the pin that holds the coinbox in place and it eventually got wedged in the front left corner and I do mean wedged as I could not move it. I had the lift the back box remove the glass and lift the Playfield to get it unwedged. Way to go Stern! Next time why don’t you ship it with the balls install? No pin was found in the machine at all!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

good thing it got wedged in there instead of floating around

#5453 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Well, sure...it's all fun and games until that coin box flopping around takes out a node board and he can't start the damn thing. He got lucky this time!

That would have been cause for complaint, i agree.

#5454 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

thats where the amp goes anyway just throw away the box

I put mine behind the woofer. Once you get it dialled in, it's a set it and forget it situation anyway.

#5455 2 years ago

Does anyone who has played both models think it’s possible to convert the third flipper shot on the pro to a ramp shot like on the LE/Premium? Picking up a pro this weekend and was wondering if it was possible?

#5456 2 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Does anyone who has played both models think it’s possible to convert the third flipper shot on the pro to a ramp shot like on the LE/Premium? Picking up a pro this weekend and was wondering if it was possible?

Of course it's possible fabricate a ramp and move the switch I think that's all would take.

Of course it helps if you know how to fabricate ramps, that's probably the first step.

#5457 2 years ago

It was really the third identical photo that drove the horror home to me.

#5458 2 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

it might be possible, but personally i wouldn't bother attempting it. i own an LE and have played several Pros in tournaments - the side ramp doesn't add that much to the game. In some ways i'd almost prefer the easier to hit shot on the pro. It was more a talking point the haters were making when the game first came out in my opinion.

#5459 2 years ago

I have to be honest-I am a little surprised by the lack of interest there seems to be for Led Zeppelin? When it first got announced I thought it would be the best thing since sliced bread and many would have the same opinion. Well the club thread remained small and even some of those members bailed out. People keep calling it 'bare' with no toys, etc.? Did the spinner debacle scare people off? I just have to say that I still love mine and I have Mando and Jurassic Park next to my LZ and I still prefer Led Zeppelin overall.

Also forgot my psa-don't forget to lube that spinner!

#5460 2 years ago

The early pinside negativity really killed it early i think, but it is starting to turn around. Buffalo pinball just roasted it awhile back and now one of them own a prem and is praising how good it is. This game really needs to be set up properly, but more importantly, needs to be played in a home environment, the sound effects , to me, are a huge part of this pin. When its out of production, I think it will become very desirable. Not that it matters to me, its pretty much bolted down here.

#5461 2 years ago

You must not be to bright. Your probably the guy who would ship a pinball with the balls installed! Your supposed to install the back box bolts before lifting the playfield and if you purchased new machines before you know they are in the coinbox. That's why its an issue genius!

#5462 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:What you had to remove the glass and lift the playfield on a pinball machine?
The horror!
Lucky you posted the pic three times too or people might have missed it.

You must not be to bright. Your probably the guy who would ship a pinball with the balls installed! Your supposed to install the back box bolts before lifting the playfield and if you purchased new machines before you know they are in the coinbox. That's why its an issue genius!

#5463 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I have to be honest-I am a little surprised by the lack of interest there seems to be for Led Zeppelin? When it first got announced I thought it would be the best thing since sliced bread and many would have the same opinion. Well the club thread remained small and even some of those members bailed out. People keep calling it 'bare' with no toys, etc.? Did the spinner debacle scare people off? I just have to say that I still love mine and I have Mando and Jurassic Park next to my LZ and I still prefer Led Zeppelin overall.

Also forgot my psa-don't forget to lube that spinner!

It's bad timing that this came out shortly after GnR. GnR is more "impressive" in terms of presentation, and people were naturally wowed by that. But many people seem to think that presentation is the be all and end all of pinball. Instead of having faith in Steve and his team, they blew the game off. There's people that think the "busier" a game is (ie more stuff in it), the better. Sometimes that's the case, and sometimes less is more. The proper reaction is to play the game in a good setting, and see how it comes together.

In the Dec/Jan podcast we did, I said as much. Then I played a terrible example on location, and in last month's podcast, trashed it. I felt let down after defending it. A week later, I played a game that was set up correctly, and now I own and love the Premium. I also watched Raymond Davidson's tutorial and fully appreciate how good the rules are and how it integrates nicely as a whole with the layout and EM.

I did my best to showcase how good the game is in our recent podcast review. For those sleeping on the game at this point, that's their loss. But I do feel bad that Stern delivered a real gem here, and it's getting shit on by some people.

#5464 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

The early pinside negativity really killed it early i think, but it is starting to turn around. Buffalo pinball just roasted it awhile back and now one of them own a prem and is praising how good it is. This game really needs to be set up properly, but more importantly, needs to be played in a home environment, the sound effects , to me, are a huge part of this pin. When its out of production, I think it will become very desirable. Not that it matters to me, its pretty much bolted down here.

Only way I'll get rid of my LZ is to trade my prem for an LE. I've played every new pin Stern has made since GOT and this one hands down is one of the most fun and easily best soundtrack!

#5465 2 years ago

Best band ever or just a good band not even close.

#5466 2 years ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

It's bad timing that this came out shortly after GnR. GnR is more "impressive" in terms of presentation, and people were naturally wowed by that. But many people seem to think that presentation is the be all and end all of pinball. Instead of having faith in Steve and his team, they blew the game off. There's people that think the "busier" a game is (ie more stuff in it), the better. Sometimes that's the case, and sometimes less is more. The proper reaction is to play the game in a good setting, and see how it comes together.
In the Dec/Jan podcast we did, I said as much. Then I played a terrible example on location, and in last month's podcast, trashed it. I felt let down after defending it. A week later, I played a game that was set up correctly, and now I own and love the Premium. I also watched Raymond Davidson's tutorial and fully appreciate how good the rules are and how it integrates nicely as a whole with the layout and EM.
I did my best to showcase how good the game is in our recent podcast review. For those sleeping on the game at this point, that's their loss. But I do feel bad that Stern delivered a real gem here, and it's getting shit on by some people.

GnR does have that initial wow factor, especially when you first play through Live and Let Die and Sweet Child.

However, for me the wow factor wears off fairly quickly as not a fan of having to do the same stuff over and over to start a song.

It starts to feel like rock chess after a while.

It also plays much slower than a modern Stern.

I think I would like to borrow a GnR but own a LZ.

#5467 2 years ago
Quoted from Cento:

Yes, i'm not too bright. I do cart my pinballs around in the back of my Transit with the balls still in them.

And yes, i have purchased new machines, even have an LZ on order.

This reminds me of the guy who sent his Spooky back because the coindoor lock was loose.

#5468 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Yes, i'm not too bright. I do cart my pinballs around in the back of my Transit with the balls still in them.
And yes, i have purchased new machines, even have an LZ on order.
This reminds me of the guy who sent his Spooky back because the coindoor lock was loose.

Just curious if you have heard anything on the news about the 5? LZ LEs that were stolen,hoping they get recovered and sold to LZ fans

#5469 2 years ago

Sorry mate, i have no idea what you are talking about, or why you'd think i'd have information on stolen property? I don't even live on the same continent as you and rarely leave my house.

I'm line for a premium in case you were wondering.

#5470 2 years ago

let's all not forget the EM magic Spinner Seizure lights are still MIA...

#5471 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Sorry mate, i have no idea what you are talking about, or why you'd think i'd have information on stolen property? I don't even live on the same continent as you and rarely leave my house.
I'm line for a premium in case you were wondering.

That's exactly the kind of thing someone who stole a bunch of Led Zeppelin Limited Edition pinball machines would say!

#5472 2 years ago

I'm going back to the GnR thread. You guys are weird, first it's upvoting things in ratings and inventing enemies because someone has something different to you, now it's random accusations of theft.

I have no need to steal, i own the biggest distillation equipment supply business in Australia.

Just googled it, i'm accused because i live in the same country (although 1000's of km away)? Wow.

#5473 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I'm going back to the GnR thread. You guys are weird, first it's upvoting things in ratings and inventing enemies because someone has something different to you, now it's random accusations of theft.

Fucking weirdo's.

I have no need to steal, i own the biggest distillation equipment supply business in Australia.

Dude, he saw that you're from Australia, and figured you may have heard some news about this: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stolen-pinballs-australia

In no way did I take from what he wrote that he was accusing you of stealing.

#5474 2 years ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:Dude, he saw that you're from Australia, and figured you may have heard some news about this: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stolen-pinballs-australia
In no way did I take from what he wrote that he was accusing you of stealing.

Really?

Quoted from shlt_thunder:

That's exactly the kind of thing someone who stole a bunch of Led Zeppelin Limited Edition pinball machines would say!

#5475 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

let's all not forget the EM magic Spinner Seizure lights are still MIA...

Not here still runnin old code. I may never update!!

#5476 2 years ago

Them GnR fanbois way too serious lmao pinball is supposed to be fun wow

#5477 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

Them GnR fanbois way too serious lmao pinball is supposed to be fun wow

This is what i'm talking about, you guys' are like ten year olds playing forts and inventing enemies.

No one on that thread is talking about you guys like that, it's all stuff you have made up.

#5478 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

This is what i'm talking about, you guys' are like ten year olds playing forts and inventing enemies.
No one on that thread is talking about you guys like that, it's all stuff you have made up.

You're the one that brought it up mate, no idea what you're on about tbh.

#5479 2 years ago

He didn't accuse you of anything...he was just asking if you heard anything since you happen to live there and another just made a simple joke. lighten up man. Toughen that skin - its just a pinball forum.

#5480 2 years ago

I understand what you are saying, but i don't think accusing someone of theft is a joke, and you wouldn't either if you made that joke to my face.

And i'm well and truly lightened up, not ranting and raving here, but i will say i resent it if i wish to.

#5481 2 years ago

lol punkin always causing trouble Have an ice cold one dood LOL

#5482 2 years ago

more choice of pinballs is a good thing.

LZ is a fantastic game; got one at home and in the process of putting one into our pinball club.

Neil.

#5483 2 years ago

Soon, it's only 8 am, have an hours work to do first.

#5484 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Just curious if you have heard anything on the news about the 5? LZ LEs that were stolen,hoping they get recovered and sold to LZ fans

just thought you may have heard news since your closer and it had been discussed here before,Didnt mean to blow your cover.

#5485 2 years ago

I read the entire thread, but did it in 4 page jumps. I have a sheet over my television as i don't use it and avoid the 'news' on the radio if i happen to be in the car.

#5486 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

just thought you may have heard news since your closer and it had been discussed here before,Didnt mean to blow your cover.

Stirring the pot

#5487 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Stirring the pot

Unsuccessfully.

#5488 2 years ago

I mean I was being sarcastic. People who steal pinball machines probably don't have interest in pinball, just making money. There's no such thing as a pinball heist. Just some people broke into a truck and stole whatever was in there to sell. It just happened to be some pinball machines. They probably made a few hundred bucks on each selling them to a pawn shop or wherever.

#5489 2 years ago

Obviously you didn't steal them.

#5490 2 years ago

Looks like "pinside" got into our thread, x2. Damn, we've been hacked!

#5491 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Soon, it's only 8 am, have an hours work to do first.

See, he woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Simple explanation.

Wait, it’s Australia, did he wake up on the right side of the bed??? (You know, the whole toilet thing).

#5492 2 years ago

I get up at 4am or so every day.

#5493 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I get up at 4am or so every day.

You’re a better man than me.

#5494 2 years ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

You’re a better man than me.

And i have a LeMans.

MKIV 1000.

#5495 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

And i have a LeMans.
MKIV 1000.

Supra? Very nice!

#5496 2 years ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

Supra? Very nice!

Dunno what that is, car? It's a Moto Guzzi 2 wheel sportsbike.

#5497 2 years ago

Can someone help an amateur like me fix the Electric Magic spinner so that it resets upright? Bending the wire...ugh. Only gets bent again during multiball when I hit the bottom of the spinner flush as it's spinning. Thanks in advance!

#5498 2 years ago
Quoted from drredness:

Can someone help an amateur like me fix the Electric Magic spinner so that it resets upright? Bending the wire...ugh. Only gets bent again during multiball when I hit the bottom of the spinner flush as it's spinning. Thanks in advance!

Spin the spinner as it is now and notice the little ends of the spinner that stick thru the mount hole. You must get these perfectly straight, no wobble. Then remove the spinner from the frame and place between 2 identical glasses on a flat surface. See if it hangs roughly OK. Bend the spinner wires so the bottom doesn't hang straight up and down but the bottom is away from you a bit- you want the spinner to be level with the playfield and not level with the floor the pin sits on in the end. Reattach the spinner and recheck the end wobble.

#5499 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Spin the spinner as it is now and notice the little ends of the spinner that stick thru the mount hole. You must get these perfectly straight, no wobble. Then remove the spinner from the frame and place between 2 identical glasses on a flat surface. See if it hangs roughly OK. Bend the spinner wires so the bottom doesn't hang straight up and down but the bottom is away from you a bit- you want the spinner to be level with the playfield and not level with the floor the pin sits on in the end. Reattach the spinner and recheck the end wobble.

Did you flip it around already ? so the short end is facing down

#5500 2 years ago
Quoted from drredness:

Flipping it around has worked for me, so far...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 65.99
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

5,699 (OBO)
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,286 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, IN
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 9,627 posts in this topic. You are on page 110 of 193.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/110 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.