IMG_6977 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6979 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6978 (resized).jpeg
20240301_162016 (resized).jpg
20240301_162025 (resized).jpg
20240301_161950 (resized).jpg
20240301_161936 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,547 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 191.
#5401 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

New style.
Does the flip trick work on these folks?

It did not for me.. Had to disassemble and rebend

#5402 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi: next time you have the glass off, check your Icaurus target. The screw fell off last night during a game...turned the game off and reinstalled it now it's fine. It's probably been loose a while. I may try some loctite if it happens again.

Good reminder -normally go around and give all screws etc. a once over before first plunge.
Was too excited with Zep!

#5403 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

New style.
Does the flip trick work on these folks?

Damn, that's the new style? Kinda scary, since it broke after only a few plays.

What is the flip trick?

#5404 2 years ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

P.S. thanks for hanging out in chat today, hope all is well!
[quoted image]

Is there a slight edge/lip when it enters there? Mine was too high by just a cm but just enough to hit the spinner at a weird angle. Make sure the magic spinner is level when raised as best as possible.

#5405 2 years ago

What is the flip trick?

Here is a pic of the instructions that came with my kit. I'm not sure how much help I can be here because I still have the old style. FYI, the full instructions for doing the swap are 15 pages!

The flip Levi mentioned is just removing the spinner and turning it around backwards.

20210724_151016 (resized).jpg20210724_151016 (resized).jpg
#5406 2 years ago

Just happened where I think I'll need a real fix, but Zach from FlipNOut has been taking care of me, so I'm confident it will get fixed. Still annoying because I'm addicted to the game and just want to play it.

We got your back. In the meantime, pull the arms holding the spinner apart a bit, remove the spinner and turn it around.

#5407 2 years ago

I'm loving this game. So good I bought another one to put into our club!

IMG_2919 (resized).JPGIMG_2919 (resized).JPG

#5408 2 years ago

What is the flip trick?

I would think just removing the top half will give you enough access to remove the spinner.

#5409 2 years ago

my best score so far:

lz1 (resized).jpglz1 (resized).jpg
lz2 (resized).jpglz2 (resized).jpg
lz3 (resized).jpglz3 (resized).jpg

Neil.

#5410 2 years ago

CrazyLevi re the Disco Maiden - the guy who made the mix did it for me with my music.

I was going to do it myself but never had the time. I paid him. But he never distributed it. I gave him permission to use it at Pinburgh as a demo.

I can't stand Iron Maiden's music but I love the game (so much so I also own two of them (one at home and one at our pinball co-op)). Was never intended to upset anyone; but I think if Stern released that game as something other than Iron Maiden they'd sell a shit ton.

Cheers,
Neil.

#5411 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I would think just removing the top half will give you enough access to remove the spinner.

And then squeeze the spinner so the arms come out of the holes?

With this new style, do I bend to 45 degrees?

#5412 2 years ago

New wear item alert! The o-ring on the EM housing post. Reference the pic in post #5405. During play this afternoon, this dropped onto the playfield after an especially brutal brick-fest multiball. Not stocked at Marco, but the LZ manual has the McMaster Carr part number referenced. I know, I should play better and not brick shots!

20210724_161409 (resized).jpg20210724_161409 (resized).jpg

#5413 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I can't stand Iron Maiden's music but I love the game (so much so I also own two of them (one at home and one at our pinball co-op)). Was never intended to upset anyone; but I think if Stern released that game as something other than Iron Maiden they'd sell a shit ton.

Yeah I would have been all over an Archer if Stern had used that theme rather than Iron Maiden. If I ever did buy an IM, I would have to load all new music or play it with the sound turned off until I could make the change. I always figured a mix of Hendrix, Black Sabbath and Deep Purple would go well with the art on that game. But yes, even disco is better than Iron Maiden.

#5414 2 years ago

My Premium was working fine for the first 500 plays.

Now when I rip Electric Magic spinner, ball isn't being captured and it often becomes airborne.

I knew this mech was trouble the minute I saw it.

#5415 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Yeah I would have been all over an Archer if Stern had used that theme rather than Iron Maiden. If I ever did buy an IM, I would have to load all new music or play it with the sound turned off until I could make the change. I always figured a mix of Hendrix, Black Sabbath and Deep Purple would go well with the art on that game. But yes, even disco is better than Iron Maiden.

Sorry, Disco is better than NOTHING!

#5416 2 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

After hearing all this, I'm backing out on zep. Seems like it's a nightmare to keep working

its not at all

#5417 2 years ago

And then squeeze the spinner so the arms come out of the holes?
With this new style, do I bend to 45 degrees?

Yes, and yes. The new design the arms are 45 degrees. With the old design they are 90 degrees.

#5418 2 years ago
Quoted from MajorDrainer:

My Premium was working fine for the first 500 plays.
Now when I rip Electric Magic spinner, ball isn't being captured and it often becomes airborne.
I knew this mech was trouble the minute I saw it.

Because its sitting to high and causing airballs is most likely the problem. Easy adjustment. Its not troublesome at all once its dialed in. Like every pinball machine is.

#5419 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Because its sitting to high and causing airballs is most likely the problem. Easy adjustment. Its not troublesome at all once its dialed in. Like every pinball machine is.

This. No way should it cause air balls. It’s a quick fix and should be checked with monthly maintenance.

#5420 2 years ago

I did my trim in prismatic's Tangerine Twist. Pretty good match/complement for the orange "Led Zeppelin" on the cabinet, very happy with it. It's a tough color to photograph though, looks a bit more red in the photo.

IMG_1554.jpegIMG_1554.jpeg
#5421 2 years ago
Quoted from andre060:

I did my trim in prismatic's Tangerine Twist. Pretty good match/complement for the orange "Led Zeppelin" on the cabinet, very happy with it. It's a tough color to photograph though, looks a bit more red in the photo.
[quoted image]

Nice dude! I'm looking at their "Flat Hot Orange"...

#5422 2 years ago
Quoted from andre060:

[quoted image]

Man, that looks good. Now put some orange t molding on the head like I did!

#5423 2 years ago

Then this...

20210630_174316 (resized).jpg20210630_174316 (resized).jpg20210701_145400 (resized).jpg20210701_145400 (resized).jpg
#5424 2 years ago

If someone could post a pic on the "new" working spinner that would be helpful. I'm not sure how to bend it compared to the picture I posted of mine.

#5425 2 years ago

I posted a bunch of pics of the new spinner mech on pg 76 of this thread. Sorry I can’t seem to repost them here.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5426 2 years ago

I almost completed all 4 tours today. Only needed 2 side ramps. Lit extra ball ... got all excited that I was finally going to get 4 tours done as long as I hit the scoop..... the bad bounce into a right outlane drain.

Sooooo close.

#5427 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

I posted a bunch of pics of the new spinner mech on pg 76 of this thread. Sorry I can’t seem to repost them here.

Thank you!

Honestly, I'm at a loss. Mine doesn't look significantly different from that, yet I can't get it to work. Mine doesn't look much different now compared to when it was working (I can't notice a difference).

#5428 2 years ago

Bend the spinner pins...like he said, so the spinner is near vertical. Slight lean forward from the top.
Code 1.0 or higher should keep you from bashing it which knocks it off.

Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Yes, and yes. The new design the arms are 45 degrees. With the old design they are 90 degrees.

#5429 2 years ago

Thank you!
Honestly, I'm at a loss. Mine doesn't look significantly different from that, yet I can't get it to work. Mine doesn't look much different now compared to when it was working (I can't notice a difference).

Brand new spinner.

20210724_204556 (resized).jpg20210724_204556 (resized).jpg20210724_204707 (resized).jpg20210724_204707 (resized).jpg
#5430 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Brand new spinner.
[quoted image][quoted image]

mine is installed just like the photo short side down

#5431 2 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

After hearing all this, I'm backing out on zep. Seems like it's a nightmare to keep working

If that's enough to keep you from buying a machine, you probably shouldn't buy any more machines. I've had some kind of tweaking problem with every Stern I've bought (don't even get me started on GOT, STh, and JP...); LZ was the least of my worries and works beautifully now once installed the spinner upgrade.

#5432 2 years ago

Did the new kit solve the probs you were having?. Im still on original with no issues once first adjustment was made

#5433 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

If that's enough to keep you from buying a machine, you probably shouldn't buy any more machines. I've had some kind of tweaking problem with every Stern I've bought (don't even get me started on GOT, STh, and JP...); LZ was the least of my worries and works beautifully now once installed the spinner upgrade.

No doubt. I don’t want to throw shade at those who have had issues with LZ, it’s always frustrating. But after a run of Rick and Morty, Stranger Things, and Big Lebowski-LZ premium has been a dialed in and problem free dream-machine since I unboxed it. And yes I’m aware that I just jinxed the shit out of myself.

#5434 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Did the new kit solve the probs you were having?. Im still on original with no issues once first adjustment was made

Yes...it's great now. And I don't mean to make light of others' problems either. LZ did have problems out of the box for me, but they weren't nearly as bad as other Sterns. I still can't get my damn JP turnaround ramp in the shooter lane to work 100%, nor does my TK lock on STh work all the time. It's super-frustrating.

#5435 2 years ago

Has anyone thought of making a ramp mod so the third flipper would be more useful on the pro?

#5436 2 years ago

I was a big boy this morning and removed the spinner (without having to take the top off), bent it "better" and flipped it around. It's working for now, we'll see for how long.

Mech seems level with the playfield FWIW.

#5437 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

i've not had many problems, but i did have a few and i just want to deal with them. i got an iron maiden premium where the song kept auto selecting cuz of the piece on the fortune tell was too sensative. . i did get a jp with a loose right upper flipper, p.i.a. to tighten, learned how to set it and tighten it. i just don't want many problems. reading some of this, 2 days in and having electric magic issues is not good! i could always get the pro i suppose.

#5438 2 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

i've not had many problems, but i did have a few and i just want to deal with them. i got an iron maiden premium where the song kept auto selecting cuz of the piece on the fortune tell was too sensative. . i did get a jp with a loose right upper flipper, p.i.a. to tighten, learned how to set it and tighten it. i just don't want many problems. reading some of this, 2 days in and having electric magic issues is not good! i could always get the pro i suppose.

Point taken. But don't get the pro...the EM mech is well worth the price of admission. And I would think if you ordered a premium now, they've got the new mechs installed so you wouldn't have a problem.

#5439 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Point taken. But don't get the pro...the EM mech is well worth the price of admission. And I would think if you ordered a premium now, they've got the new mechs installed so you wouldn't have a problem.

that is what i i was hoping. but look at buffalo pinball. he just got one and it's broke. not encouraging.

#5440 2 years ago
Quoted from JD4444:

I almost completed all 4 tours today. Only needed 2 side ramps. Lit extra ball ... got all excited that I was finally going to get 4 tours done as long as I hit the scoop..... the bad bounce into a right outlane drain.
Sooooo close.

Dang!!! Nice moves! You’ll get there I just finally got 2 tours done myself!

Quoted from zaki:

that is what i i was hoping. but look at buffalo pinball. he just got one and it's broke. not encouraging.

Mine had the new spinner and I still had to bend mine but that is because it wasn’t level from day one setup.

#5441 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:Because its sitting to high and causing airballs is most likely the problem. Easy adjustment. Its not troublesome at all once its dialed in. Like every pinball machine is.

Hello. Please help a newbie....What is sitting too high? What is this easy adjustment? Thanks in advance.

#5442 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

This. No way should it cause air balls. It’s a quick fix and should be checked with monthly maintenance.

Hello. Rip spinner and ball frequently jumps and ends up riding wire ramp back to right flipper. What is this quick fix you speak of. Thanks in advance.

#5443 2 years ago

Hello. Rip spinner and ball frequently jumps and ends up riding wire ramp back to right flipper. What is this quick fix you speak of. Thanks in advance.

When your spinner is raised is it perfectly level with the playfield? When it's lowered is it level?

#5444 2 years ago

Ohhh or you may be hitting the metal posts on the back too. You need to make sure all is level it can be too low or too high.

#5445 2 years ago

Maybe I missed something but why did v1.05 restore old high scores? Everything from v1.04 was wiped out and it seems to have restored high scores from around 1.02ish.

#5446 2 years ago

I recd my brand new in the box Led Zeppelin Premium today. It was shipped from Stern without the pin that holds the coinbox in place and it eventually got wedged in the front left corner and I do mean wedged as I could not move it. I had the lift the back box remove the glass and lift the Playfield to get it unwedged. Way to go Stern! Next time why don’t you ship it with the balls install? No pin was found in the machine at all!

1278FA33-6EDF-4C74-A9D0-651F28F9ED61 (resized).jpeg1278FA33-6EDF-4C74-A9D0-651F28F9ED61 (resized).jpeg

#5447 2 years ago

What you had to remove the glass and lift the playfield on a pinball machine?

The horror!

Lucky you posted the pic three times too or people might have missed it.

#5448 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

What you had to remove the glass and lift the playfield on a pinball machine?
The horror!
Lucky you posted the pic three times too or people might have missed it.

Well, sure...it's all fun and games until that coin box flopping around takes out a node board and he can't start the damn thing. He got lucky this time!

#5449 2 years ago

This could be the scandal that ends Stern.

#5450 2 years ago

Get ready for more "why so many LZ for sale" now

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
There are 9,547 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 191.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/109?hl=jd4444 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.