IMG_4772 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4777 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4775 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4776 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
shooter (resized).jpg
20240301_161950 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,617 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 193.
#5301 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Personally I just use two layers of mylar now, but the Cliffy's work fine too now that the right hand side is long enough use two screws instead of one. The earlier model with one screw used to move around and rotate outward; it was a pain...
When you take off the apron, take a look at the playfield under the front edge of the apron. You will most likely notice the metal apron has been cutting into the clear and playfield. I 3D print my own protectors to slide onto the apron, but there is a really nice product in the Pinside store which is nicer than the ones I make.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1192-apron-envy/04424-apron-edgers-stern-metal-aprons-with-riveted-eye-bolts

I didn't see where a second screw would go at the top of the right side. There is a hole but no screw is anywhere in that area that would come up. There is adhesive at the top to hold it.

#5302 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

I didn't see where a second screw would go at the top of the right side. There is a hole but no screw is anywhere in that area that would come up. There is adhesive at the top to hold it.

Hmm. Now I just had to go look. I guess Stern has changed the design in that area a time or two along with the introduction of the metal rails to replace the wooden ones. Sure enough the newer games only have one rail screw in that area. Oh well, the new longer Cliffy protectors should work a lot better anyway to resist turning. The old ones just had a little spike that didn't work very well instead of the glue patch.

#5303 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Hmm. Now I just had to go look. I guess Stern has changed the design in that area a time or two along with the introduction of the metal rails to replace the wooden ones. Sure enough the newer games only have one rail screw in that area. Oh well, the new longer Cliffy protectors should work a lot better anyway to resist turning. The old ones just had a little spike that didn't work very well instead of the glue patch.

Got it. That makes sense. It's installed now and I'm protected. And I'm going to use your idea to use Mylar on a few machines where Cliffy's are not available.

#5304 2 years ago

Well I had 798 million on my second ball today. My high score was 803 100... 3rd ball drained right away and I ended up with 803 700. I thought I was going to crush my high score .

Starting to get more consistent with scores over 300 million now. I still don't know all the rules though but I am learning.

#5305 2 years ago
Quoted from JD4444:

Well I had 798 million on my second ball today. My high score was 803 100... 3rd ball drained right away and I ended up with 803 700. I thought I was going to crush my high score .
Starting to get more consistent with scores over 300 million now. I still don't know all the rules though but I am learning.

Congratulations! You’ll break a billion anytime.

It’s two steps forward three back for me. Can’t break 300 now when I was consistently lol. I saw on a Facebook group people averaging 70mil etc so I don’t feel so bad.

It’s brutal I’m taking a break for a few days

#5306 2 years ago

Just got the game and I'm getting these messages upon boot. I'm able to play and nothing appears wrong.

20210719_103003.jpg20210719_103003.jpg20210719_103008.jpg20210719_103008.jpg
#5307 2 years ago

Seems like an SD card reseating could
Be in order?

#5308 2 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-node-board-9-video

This pinsider had a different node 9 issue recently that may help troubleshoot.
You seem to be able to play but may be worth a read before dialing up Stern.

#5309 2 years ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

Just got the game and I'm getting these messages upon boot. I'm able to play and nothing appears wrong.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I got the over current message once because i added a tournament button that had incandescent bulb in it. if you added any mods that could effect voltage it might be your problem.

#5310 2 years ago

How's the Shaker on Led Zeppelin does it really add anything to the game?

#5311 2 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

It is very well integrated and very smooth feeling. Not crazy vibrating like in some other sterns. Highly suggest installing.

#5312 2 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

Quoted from Hayfarmer:

It is very well integrated and very smooth feeling. Not crazy vibrating like in some other sterns. Highly suggest installing.

Shaker is worth the price of admission.
Pinballlife.com

#5313 2 years ago

Thanks guys.

#5314 2 years ago

Stern shaker works very well. Have not tried a pinball life one yet

#5315 2 years ago
Quoted from Chuckwebster:

I got the over current message once because i added a tournament button that had incandescent bulb in it. if you added any mods that could effect voltage it might be your problem.

Hmmm, no mods added... Message came up since I took it out of the box, and continues every time I turn it on.

#5316 2 years ago

Just installed Pinwoofer, and honestly, I'm underwhelmed. Actually, maybe just frustrated. I looked at the recommended settings and am finding that the callouts are getting buried in the music. I just want the callouts to be balanced like it is stock, but can't seem to figure that out.

Any recommendations?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5317 2 years ago

Just installed Pinwoofer, and honestly, I'm underwhelmed. Actually, maybe just frustrated. I looked at the recommended settings and am finding that the callouts are getting buried in the music. I just want the callouts to be balanced like it is stock, but can't seem to figure that out.
Any recommendations?

From my email:

"
From what you are describing it may be that the music and voice attenuation settings in the menu need to be adjusted. If the voice is too positive, or the music too negative, in terms of attenuation, you can loose call-out strength.

Did you try to default or adjust the music and voice attenuation settings in the menu?

Also, we recommend setting EVERYTHING in the audio menu to default including the EQ. This way you can form a good baseline.

We'll get it sounding good, but please look into the above and report back. I'm more than happy to help and we can setup a time to review tomorrow if the above does not start to get you to where you need to be.

Let me know how it goes.
"

My guidance is to work on the attenuation settings.

#5318 2 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

From my email:
"
From what you are describing it may be that the music and voice attenuation settings in the menu need to be adjusted. If the voice is too positive, or the music too negative, in terms of attenuation, you can loose call-out strength.
Did you try to default or adjust the music and voice attenuation settings in the menu?
Also, we recommend setting EVERYTHING in the audio menu to default including the EQ. This way you can form a good baseline.
We'll get it sounding good, but please look into the above and report back. I'm more than happy to help and we can setup a time to review tomorrow if the above does not start to get you to where you need to be.
Let me know how it goes.
"
My guidance is to work on the attenuation settings.

Thanks for the quick reply, you saved the day.

Ironically, I thought I was being smart by going to the forums and finding the recommended "best" settings. That's what completely threw me off.

I followed your advice of setting up a baseline. Now it sounds like what I'm used to, albeit with much better bass and sound improvement in other areas.

I'll try to find a time to connect with you this week to learn more about getting the most of this system.

#5319 2 years ago

my pinwoofer is kicking butt .You will get it dialed in .

#5320 2 years ago

Likely a short somewhere. Node 9 handles the mid-upper playfield. Do you see any GI that isn't lit in that area? A shorted socket could be your culprit. I had this issue with Node 8. The trough error was just a downstream effect - once I fixed the short it cleared.

#5321 2 years ago
Quoted from RexPins:

Likely a short somewhere. Node 9 handles the mid-upper playfield. Do you see any GI that isn't lit in that area? A shorted socket could be your culprit. I had this issue with Node 8. The trough error was just a downstream effect - once I fixed the short it cleared.

Just noticed Node 9 also has the GI for the back panel. Be sure to take a look there as well.

#5322 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

my pinwoofer is kicking butt .You will get it dialed in .

Ya, I can't imagine pinwoofer not sounding excellent on LZ, ours is the best sounding pin I've ever put it on. You won't regret it once you're finally dialed in.

#5323 2 years ago

Just got my panels from wizard mods. Can't recommend highly enough. Great service and a 2 minute install.

20210720_081533 (resized).jpg20210720_081533 (resized).jpg20210720_082123 (resized).jpg20210720_082123 (resized).jpg
#5324 2 years ago

1.04 seems to have eliminated the flashing light eye seizure feature when you rip the EM spinner. Damn. Started to really get used to it!

#5325 2 years ago

Code 1.04.0 (Problems)
For Led pro.
He's in trouble on the 1975 tour.
You have to do this tour in the first or second, because if you leave to complete this mission in the third or fourth phase it crashes.
When you are doing this mission, either in the third stage or in the fourth stage will appear in mission 1 TARGET BANKS.
The problem is that even you knocking down all the target BANKS it doesn't compute and you don't leave the mission anymore.
Now if you do the 1975 tour in first or second order you won't have this problem, you'll progress normally in the game.

0215BE7E-3492-4F75-9359-89D629883296 (resized).jpeg0215BE7E-3492-4F75-9359-89D629883296 (resized).jpeg58AF80A3-BF98-4C96-BFCF-EB46320C39D3 (resized).jpeg58AF80A3-BF98-4C96-BFCF-EB46320C39D3 (resized).jpeg
#5326 2 years ago
Quoted from VARESQUI:

Code 1.04.0 (Problems)
For Led pro.
He's in trouble on the 1975 tour.
You have to do this tour in the first or second, because if you leave to complete this mission in the third or fourth phase it crashes.
When you are doing this mission, either in the third stage or in the fourth stage will appear in mission 1 TARGET BANKS.
The problem is that even you knocking down all the target BANKS it doesn't compute and you don't leave the mission anymore.
Now if you do the 1975 tour in first or second order you won't have this problem, you'll progress normally in the game.

Not sure I really understand, but send a bug report to Stern they read this stuff!

#5327 2 years ago

I've already sent Stern the problem, but to sum up Bowie is happening if you don't do the 1975 tour in first or second and leave it to complete it in the third or fourth stage it will crash later and you won't be able to leave the mission anymore.

#5328 2 years ago
Quoted from VARESQUI:

I've already sent Stern the problem, but to sum up Bowie is happening if you don't do the 1975 tour in first or second and leave it to complete it in the third or fourth stage it will crash later and you won't be able to leave the mission anymore.

experienced the same thing twice and thought i was missing something. nice catch Varesqui, will run the '75 tour first or second until the fix is in.

also, nice fix on the ZEP rubber, Sushko. was destroying that goddamn thing on a regular basis.

#5329 2 years ago

Got some cool memorabilia stuff to go next to my pin.

0546CD65-9BA2-49B5-B5C2-EF642576BB8D (resized).jpeg0546CD65-9BA2-49B5-B5C2-EF642576BB8D (resized).jpeg1C3ED3FE-9AD5-4AF6-8BBD-B138817A8B7A (resized).jpeg1C3ED3FE-9AD5-4AF6-8BBD-B138817A8B7A (resized).jpegAD08B129-3B01-44A8-8EE0-1C0889FAB77E (resized).jpegAD08B129-3B01-44A8-8EE0-1C0889FAB77E (resized).jpeg
#5330 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

Got some cool memorabilia stuff to go next to my pin.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What is that on first image?
Thanks

#5331 2 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

What is that on first image?
Thanks

Mcfarlane 3D album cover

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#5332 2 years ago
Quoted from RexPins:

Yep, looks like the GI bulbs (red, white, and blue) in the backboard are all out. The lit songs work though.

I removed all the lights, but I'm still getting the error. What should my next move be?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5333 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

1.04 seems to have eliminated the flashing light eye seizure feature when you rip the EM spinner. Damn. Started to really get used to it!

Tim and co: please bring this back as a selectable option. It ruled super hard. Please and thank you!!!!!

#5334 2 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Tim and co: please bring this back as a selectable option. It ruled super hard. Please and thank you!!!!!

Goddammit, the day I got my game, the new code dropped. You mean I've been missing out on potential seizures? Bring it back!

#5335 2 years ago

3d upvote for bringing back light seizures!

#5336 2 years ago

Same thing happened to me. Pablo from Stern eventually sent me a new cab node board and problem solved

#5337 2 years ago

Quoted from Hayfarmer:

3d upvote for bringing back light seizures!
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"4a59d672928ef2e74f5fa2041c75799a234e95b4-1626902767-1800"};
//]]>

Add me to the list.

#5338 2 years ago

Me too. Buddy and I are playing right now and the first thing he said was “where did the cool F’n lights go!?”

STERN: Please fix this with an updated code.

#5339 2 years ago

As a future owner I also want the light seizures.

#5340 2 years ago

Everybody relax!!

Nothing is fucked here man, nothing is fucked!

#5341 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Everybody relax!!

C’mon Levi, call your boy and get this sorted!

I’m seriously dead inside now. I didn’t realize it at the time, but the past month… when the lights blinked with the spinner… was the happiest I’ve ever been!

#5342 2 years ago

It makes zero sense to remove those lights. I mean we have a seizure warning sticker . Well, I did, but it was so ugly I bought this from space coast pinball to cover up!

20210721_172101 (resized).jpg20210721_172101 (resized).jpg
#5343 2 years ago

E5A93460-2115-4D64-A0F0-9DF68461CE4E (resized).jpegE5A93460-2115-4D64-A0F0-9DF68461CE4E (resized).jpeg

#5344 2 years ago

So...perhaps I should just roll back to the previous version and git twitchin' when I hit the spinner. Trying to think if it's worth it for what I'd lose...

#5345 2 years ago

C’mon Levi, call your boy and get this sorted!
I’m seriously dead inside now. I didn’t realize it at the time, but the past month… when the lights blinked with the spinner… was the happiest I’ve ever been!

Maybe it was just a mistake?! The electric light show def isn’t as smooth, it seems to change suddenly at one point, I wonder if that’s a bug.

I just installed 1.04 today.

#5346 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Everybody relax!!

The light siezures keep my heart going.
Come on Stern.

#5347 2 years ago

Powder Coated My Premium

8A276585-1706-40FA-B33F-32A3CAD33DB5 (resized).jpeg8A276585-1706-40FA-B33F-32A3CAD33DB5 (resized).jpeg98B0EFD6-1BDF-4724-87D8-8C2BECF26160 (resized).jpeg98B0EFD6-1BDF-4724-87D8-8C2BECF26160 (resized).jpegBEC51D61-D9D1-4A23-BAF7-E92C8CFFD55D (resized).jpegBEC51D61-D9D1-4A23-BAF7-E92C8CFFD55D (resized).jpeg
#5348 2 years ago

That really looks good! Much better than the black

#5349 2 years ago
Quoted from Sixtieskid:

Powder Coated My Premium
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Fucking Sweet!
I like the coin door and that Led Zep I magnet on bill door.
Man, second look, damn it does look nice.

#5350 2 years ago

Chrome is killer on coin mechs and returns!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,699 (OBO)
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Mission, BC
$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 65.99
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

There are 9,617 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 193.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/107?hl=varesqui and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.