IMG_4777 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4775 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4776 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
shooter (resized).jpg
20240301_161950 (resized).jpg
20240301_161936 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,596 posts in this topic. You are on page 106 of 192.
#5251 2 years ago

I am beginning to think my game is cursed. I know it is stupid but I don't understand how it manages to drain my first ball around 1.5 million with amazing consistency. I decided to keep track. Played 25 games and only 3 1st balls were over 5 million. 8 games were under 10 million and 3 games under 3 million. It seems like I can only get 1 good ball. One out of 10 or 15 games i will get over 200 million. Sometimes 3 or 400 million. Highest 651 million. 85 to 90 % of 1st balls drain in less than a minute. Usually one of the other 2 drain pretty quickly then i get one where i get a bit of time. I will hit 9 ramps in a row and as soon as i miss it finds a drain. It keeps coming up with more creative ways to drain too. So frustrating. I can't understand how anyone gets in the billions . I would love to see them do it on my machine. Seems impossible.

#5252 2 years ago

Play.

Better.

If you're unsatisfied with your game experience adjust your outlanes or playfield angle. Or just play it until it gets dirty and slow. The later SR games reward control above all else. Try to concentrate on control, being deliberate, and backhand every shot you can.

#5253 2 years ago
Quoted from JD4444:

I am beginning to think my game is cursed. I know it is stupid but I don't understand how it manages to drain my first ball around 1.5 million with amazing consistency. I decided to keep track. Played 25 games and only 3 1st balls were over 5 million. 8 games were under 10 million and 3 games under 3 million. It seems like I can only get 1 good ball. One out of 10 or 15 games i will get over 200 million. Sometimes 3 or 400 million. Highest 651 million. 85 to 90 % of 1st balls drain in less than a minute. Usually one of the other 2 drain pretty quickly then i get one where i get a bit of time. I will hit 9 ramps in a row and as soon as i miss it finds a drain. It keeps coming up with more creative ways to drain too. So frustrating. I can't understand how anyone gets in the billions . I would love to see them do it on my machine. Seems impossible.

I'm over here laughing because I feel the same way. Best game I've had is 500mil so far.

#5254 2 years ago

I noticed under the new code "any ramp" now means any lit ramp so you can't just repeatily hit the center ramp 6 times during 1st tour... It's a bit harder now.

#5255 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Play.
Better.
If you're unsatisfied with your game experience adjust your outlanes or playfield angle. Or just play it until it gets dirty and slow. The later SR games reward control above all else. Try to concentrate on control, being deliberate, and backhand every shot you can.

It is easy just to say play better but alot of the time it doesn't seem to matter as it will find a way to drain . It doesn't seem to matter where it hits it will find the trajectory to an outlane or sdtm. The thing is on other machines I don't get the same type of creative ball drain. I gan get consistent high scores on stranger things over a billion. Other machines I can get extended play time. It isn't so much about the score as it is about play time and going deeper into the game. It sucks having to start over again and again knowing that the likelihood of 1 or 2 balls draining so quickly and sometimes without a touch is inevitable. When I occasionally get some play time it is a great feeling and a great game. I am just frustrated that it drains so freakishly. Even my girlfriend can't understand it. She didn't believe me at first. Then I asked her to watch and she eventually said that it is really strange that no matter what it hits it goes down.

#5256 2 years ago

I got to the wizard mode last night on stream. If you need some help or tips shoot me a message.

My channel is https://www.twitch.tv/foxcitiespinball

#5257 2 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I got to the wizard mode last night on stream. If you need some help or tips shoot me a message.
My channel is twitch.tv/foxcitiespinball

Damn, you're really good.

#5258 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

Damn, you're really good.

I’m okay. It’s just knowing the rules and hitting the shots.
Seriously though if anyone needs any tips pm me.

#5259 2 years ago

The fix is in. 100 plays and no ware.

20210715_095133 (resized).jpg20210715_095133 (resized).jpg
#5260 2 years ago
Quoted from sushko:

The fix is in. 100 plays and no ware.
[quoted image]

What does that fix? I missed that one.

#5261 2 years ago

That rubber takes a beating and breaks often.

#5262 2 years ago

Well I guess my whining helped haha. I just played and I completed 8 songs and almost the 4th tour ... I actually had a frenzy that lasted a while ... I got my high score 803 million. That should keep me going for a while.
That is exactly what I needed... a good game to alleviate some frustration.
I know that isn't the greatest score around but I am getting closer to 1 billion

#5263 2 years ago
Quoted from JD4444:

Well I guess my whining helped haha. I just played and I completed 8 songs and almost the 4th tour ... I actually had a frenzy that lasted a while ... I got my high score 803 million. That should keep me going for a while.
I know that isn't the greatest score around but I am getting closer to 1 billion

Well you know what they say… the first billion is always the hardest.

#5264 2 years ago

Lol...Maybe when i grow up I'll be a billionaire too

#5265 2 years ago
Quoted from JD4444:

I'm slowly getting better so I know a billion is coming soon as I'm progressively getting higher and higher every game. Says a lot for the difficulty, I was banging 500 mil by day 3 on Deadpool, it's taken me months to get there on this one.

#5266 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

I'm slowly getting better so I know a billion is coming soon as I'm progressively getting higher and higher every game. Says a lot for the difficulty, I was banging 500 mil by day 3 on Deadpool, it's taken me months to get there on this one.

welcome to the 800 million club save me a seat

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5267 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

welcome to the 800 million club save me a seat

I havent got to 500 yet

#5268 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I havent got to 500 yet

Quoted from Jamesays:

I havent got to 500 yet

I'm just trying to hit a billion stock settings then I'll play around with it for the kids to play (5 ball, easy multi etc). At my current rate I should be able to hit it any time now just need a few good balls!

#5269 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

I'm just trying to hit a billion stock settings then I'll play around with it for the kids to play (5 ball, easy multi etc). At my current rate I should be able to hit it any time now just need a few good balls!

it just gets to be more fun as I go,Im happy and havent even unlocked nothing yet.

#5270 2 years ago

ok... Just noticed this show up in front of the center ramp. Looks like it may be from the Icarus but I'm not seeing where any tips?

Edit; disregard found it.

6F628B21-DB62-4EF0-A7D1-C94F619FCF84 (resized).jpeg6F628B21-DB62-4EF0-A7D1-C94F619FCF84 (resized).jpeg

#5272 2 years ago
Quoted from Txcoastal1:

I travel a lot, and don't always search for updates
Please clarify...so I cannot skip FW Revs?
Thanks

Just put in the latest version.

#5273 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

ok... Just noticed this show up in front of the center ramp. Looks like it may be from the Icarus but I'm not seeing where any tips?
Edit; disregard found it.
[quoted image]

You better turn that rubber. Looks like it is starting to wear.

#5274 2 years ago

new trans to rotate on zepp

IMG_2478 (resized).jpgIMG_2478 (resized).jpgIMG_2479 (resized).jpgIMG_2479 (resized).jpg
#5275 2 years ago

Anybody having an issue with the EM spinner locking a ball, taking it down in the mech, then not knowing it is in there (ball search)? Started after the code update but I'm guessing that's a red herring and needs an opto adjustment.

#5276 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

new trans to rotate on zepp
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks nice honestly I’d like a Bonham behind drum set but I know I’m in the minority being a drummer

#5277 2 years ago
Quoted from bonzo442:

Looks nice honestly I’d like a Bonham behind drum set but I know I’m in the minority being a drummer

Plus one for that!

#5278 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Anybody having an issue with the EM spinner locking a ball, taking it down in the mech, then not knowing it is in there (ball search)? Started after the code update but I'm guessing that's a red herring and needs an opto adjustment.

Common problem, not code related. Usually caused by interaction between the spinner and the held ball. Make sure your spinner arms are not bent and the arms are lubed where they go through the holes.

#5279 2 years ago

What's everyone's thought on the pro model. I was thinking about getting one.

I was thinking about the pros cuz the expression lights will give me a seizure.

Not literally but I don't feel like getting a migraine and I like the cabinet art of the pro.

Thanks

#5280 2 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

Not literally but I don't feel like getting a migraine and I like the cabinet art of the pro.
Thanks

You should try a Premium. I do not notice the expression lighting that much when I play my Premium. It is not overwhelming.

#5281 2 years ago

It the pro that bad?

#5282 2 years ago
Quoted from bonzo442:

Quoted from drummermike:

You should try a Premium. I do not notice the expression lighting that much when I play my Premium. It is not overwhelming.

I would like 1 with all 4 members but I feel for you Drummers

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5283 2 years ago

sorry not sure how i got the expression lighting in there Drummer mike meant to add you as a Bonzo trans fan

#5284 2 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

Thanks

another option for you is to buy a premium and if you dont like the lights trade someone who owns a pro your sideblades and they add cash.

#5285 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Anyone who is interested just pm me. Thanks!

Thanks for the alt translite!
Blends in really well lit up with playfield.

C5658655-2F6B-4842-8328-FF72D75BC556 (resized).jpegC5658655-2F6B-4842-8328-FF72D75BC556 (resized).jpeg

#5286 2 years ago

Not to be pushy but no one is answering the question about the pro. Is it that bad of a pin without the spinner and the return ramp shot of the upper flipper?

Thanks

#5287 2 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

Not to be pushy but no one is answering the question about the pro. Is it that bad of a pin without the spinner and the return ramp shot of the upper flipper?
Thanks

I personally didnt like the dead end third flipper shot and believe spinner/lock adds a lot to the game.
I do like the pro art package. Others may disagree, but good luck either way you go.

#5288 2 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

Thanks

I have never played a pro but I cant imagine playing without the ramp and em after having played with it.But I can Imagine its still a great game.

#5289 2 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

Thanks

I played the pro as a test drive for my first machine and didn’t like it at all - way to bare of a playfield for me. Thought it was lame Knowing that the premium/LE had the expression lights, Electric Magic Spinner, and extra ramp. It was an easy decision for me. If you have the means, definitely go with the premium or LE - Outstanding game.

#5290 2 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

It the pro that bad?

For the money the game is just that much better on the premium. Magic spinner does add so much to the game imo.

I played plenty of both and confident that the premium is better it’s just if it’s worth the additional cash. You can always turn down the lighting and how strong it is too.

#5291 2 years ago

Unfortunately the Steve Ritchie games always seem to have the best parts stripped out of the Pro models. Star Wars without the Hyper Ramp? No thanks. Black Knight with no upper playfield? Uh, no. GoT without that awesome upper level playfield and 100% RGB insert lighting? Hell no. Led Zep without the EM, 4th ramp and expression lighting? No!

Some people don't seem to mind this, but I do. It does come down to personal taste. Maybe you can find one to try?

#5292 2 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

Thanks

I had the pro and liked it a lot, enough that I just wanted a little more with the lighting and magic spinner so I sold it and bought a premium. It’s a good game, don’t care what anyone else thinks, but I liked it a lot. Shoots very similar to premium, just the ramp off the upper flipper is really missing and of course the em spinner.

#5293 2 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

It the pro that bad?

I haven’t played an LE/premium yet so maybe it’s even better, but the pro is a fantastic game on its own merits.

#5294 2 years ago

Thanks for the input guys. By the way Lermods. Your krang mod for Ninja turtles is awesome.

#5295 2 years ago

Going to tackle the shooter lane cliffy today....any tips for those who installed? Straight forward?

#5296 2 years ago

Here's the million dollar question though.
Would you trade a Transformers Le combo for a Led Zeppelin Pro?

#5297 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Going to tackle the shooter lane cliffy today....any tips for those who installed? Straight forward?

Straight forward yea. I went to a full lane protector from mezel but may go back to the cliffy as I’ve been getting stuck balls as it’s kinda bent

#5298 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Personally I just use two layers of mylar now, but the Cliffy's work fine too now that the right hand side is long enough use two screws instead of one. The earlier model with one screw used to move around and rotate outward; it was a pain...

When you take off the apron, take a look at the playfield under the front edge of the apron. You will most likely notice the metal apron has been cutting into the clear and playfield. I 3D print my own protectors to slide onto the apron, but there is a really nice product in the Pinside store which is nicer than the ones I make.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1192-apron-envy/04424-apron-edgers-stern-metal-aprons-with-riveted-eye-bolts

#5299 2 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

Thanks

The pro is still fun. On the prem/le the expression lights can be setup many different ways, including white and on all the time, like built in Pinstadiums. So not liking the motion and patterns is no reason not to go prem/ le.

If someone is willing to do a straight up trade TFLE for LZ pro, I think that's pretty good value for you.

#5300 2 years ago

Alternate translite possibility in my dreams lol

580387E0-CDCB-433A-B652-9435582C7EFB (resized).png580387E0-CDCB-433A-B652-9435582C7EFB (resized).png

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

6,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 65.99
$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 9,596 posts in this topic. You are on page 106 of 192.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/106?hl=jd4444 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.