20221112_104906 (resized).jpg
20221112_102121 (resized).jpg
20221112_115345 (resized).jpg
20210319_212153 (resized).jpg
IMG_4768 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4769 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4772 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,657 posts in this topic. You are on page 104 of 194.
#5151 2 years ago

They picked the best 10 songs to play pinball to.

#5152 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

They picked the best 10 songs to play pinball to.

I’ve yet to play a pinball machine with better music.. probably never will.

#5153 2 years ago

Wondering why we haven’t seen any code updates in quite some time…
I’m in the group of hoping they add another song or two but definitely not holding my breath. 10 just isn’t enough of this great band.

#5154 2 years ago

Whole Lotta Love is my favorite to shoot to.

#5155 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Yes a couple extra songs would raise the licensing fees but if Stern were able to sell several more games due to the additional music is it not worth it to them in the long run?

Well, that's what the bean counters are for, and they probably didn't think they'd sell enough more games by buying more songs to make it worth it. Ten ain't bad really, and it's a nice round number that works with the code. And I'm sure you all know it could be worse...Beatles had 8...Stones has about the same and it's a real oddball mix of deep cuts and newer stuff. I was happy to see Hand of Fate in there but I'm sure most people would have been happier with Satisfaction or Jumpin Jack Flash.

They did ok on the Zep song selections, not a stinker in there.

#5156 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Well, that's what the bean counters are for, and they probably didn't think they'd sell enough more games by buying more songs to make it worth it. Ten ain't bad really, and it's a nice round number that works with the code. And I'm sure you all know it could be worse...Beatles had 8...Stones has about the same and it's a real oddball mix of deep cuts and newer stuff. I was happy to see Hand of Fate in there but I'm sure most people would have been happier with Satisfaction or Jumpin Jack Flash.

"works with the code" is exactly it. an additional two, four or however many more songs means more rules and more code. toss in the extra licensing fees for the music, the computer labor and it's not hard to imagine the production costs getting out of hand in a hurry. would i pay an extra $800-1000 of MSRP for four more songs? very probable, definitely if i get to pick them.

and i have yet to complete more than seven songs on my best games. like to start at the top with GTBT and work my way down. would also trade Kashmir for the Wonton Song (same album).

#5157 2 years ago

Put in whatever songs you want with pinbrowser...

Personally I am happy with the selection and having a decent sized collection I am not always playing the same game to get tired of something in it. I love my GoT and it basically has one song.

#5158 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Personally I am happy with the selection and having a decent sized collection I am not always playing the same game to get tired of something in it. I love my GoT and it basically has one song.

Isn't pinbrowser dead now, after the great "Disco Iron Maiden" scandal forced Stern's hand back in 2019?

#5159 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Isn't pinbrowser dead now, after the great "Disco Iron Maiden" scandal forced Stern's hand back in 2019?

had to google it.. this?

XD

#5160 2 years ago
Quoted from TraitMocks:

"works with the code" is exactly it. an additional two, four or however many more songs means more rules and more code. toss in the extra licensing fees for the music, the computer labor and it's not hard to imagine the production costs getting out of hand in a hurry. would i pay an extra $800-1000 of MSRP for four more songs? very probable, definitely if i get to pick them.
and i have yet to complete more than seven songs on my best games. like to start at the top with GTBT and work my way down. would also trade Kashmir for the Wonton Song (same album).

Physical Graffiti is an underrated album. I would like to have custard pie, the rover, or houses of the holy in the pin.

#5161 2 years ago

Rock n roll is probably my favorite song to shoot on the game although I do like all of them.

My wishlist songs to add would be Dazed and Confused, The Ocean and Nobody’s Fault but mine.

#5162 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I agree with all of this however Stones had 13/14 depending if you had the pro/le and it was quite easy to use PB to insert Satisfaction, Paint it Black etc.. without f’ing up the light shows or animations. I have all my favorite Stones Licks on mine currently.

It’s truly my only complaint with the LZ and it’s minor as the 10 they got are perfection. I’m just of the viewpoint that if you get to a wizard mode you should be hearing/seeing something different. At least they thought of that for the visuals with the unique animations.

#5163 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

had to google it.. this?
XD

Maybe?

Long story short some idiot was selling this "code" out of a shabby tent at Replay FX (right next to the Stern booth) and not long after pinbrowser was nerfed in the code and now we don't get to have fun any more with this stuff.

If Beatles ever gets a code update many of us will have a decision to make. If it's just "polish" / bugfixes etc. I probably won't be doing it.

#5164 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I'm likely too computer dumb to figure this out.

#5165 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Maybe?
Long story short some idiot was selling this "code" out of a shabby tent at Replay FX (right next to the Stern booth) and not long after pinbrowser was nerfed in the code and now we don't get to have fun any more with this stuff.
If Beatles ever gets a code update many of us will have a decision to make. If it's just "polish" / bugfixes etc. I probably won't be doing it.

Oh dang you have it on your beatles?! How many songs do you have on there?

#5166 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

Same amount of songs but there's really cool "album" SD cards you can make...

White album
Sgt Pepper
Revolver

there's a thread about it somewhere here, def a cool way to liven up your Beatles!

#5167 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

I kept all of the original songs on mine however I edited one of the longer songs into two tracks in one which now plays Can’t buy me love and transitions into Day Tripper. Sounds great. Had the help of a pinside pb expert!

#5168 2 years ago

The big issue with trying to swap songs on LZ with PB if it’s even possible anymore is the light shows are synced to the specific songs so they would be all jacked up if changed.

I won’t even consider doing this.

#5169 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Same amount of songs but there's really cool "album" SD cards you can make...
White album
Sgt Pepper
Revolver
there's a thread about it somewhere here, def a cool way to liven up your Beatles!

Could this potentially happen with Led Zeppelin?

#5170 2 years ago
Quoted from shlt_thunder:

Could this potentially happen with Led Zeppelin?

Would be super tough if even possible (which I don't think it is any more with current Stern firmware).

Zep is SO tightly tuned with the light shows (even without the expression feature) that it would just seem sloppy.

#5171 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Would be super tough if even possible (which I don't think it is any more with current Stern firmware).
Zep is SO tightly tuned with the light shows (even without the expression feature) that it would just seem sloppy.

Correct. One of the best parts of the game is the shots following the sections of each song: verse, bridge, chorus, etc. Change the song, and the shot syncopation makes no sense.

#5172 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Correct. One of the best parts of the game is the shots following the sections of each song: verse, bridge, chorus, etc. Change the song, and the shot syncopation makes no sense.

Just got my high score what a blast,Hint its more than Austin Powers wanted.

#5173 2 years ago

Thread just inspired me to install the alternative Rolling Stones code...cool to hear some different songs!

Jumpin' Jack Flash!

#5174 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Just got my high score what a blast,Hint its more than Austin Powers wanted.

What? More than 1 Million? LOL

#5175 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

What? More than 1 Million? LOL

yeah thats why I dont let my 7 year old grandkids play it ,they will knock off my initials.I say look I have spider man.

#5176 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Thread just inspired me to install the alternative Rolling Stones code...cool to hear some different songs!
Jumpin' Jack Flash!

Sure is, what version do you have and what songs?

Off the top of my head on mine is Satisfaction ball 2 , Gimmie Shelter ball 3, Can’t you Hear me knocking one of the records songs , Brown Sugar and Paint it Black for MB’s and Miss You riff for fast Charlie mode in the pops and Jumpin Jack Flash for world tour. Rest I left alone.

#5177 2 years ago

I added a shooter lane protector and this started happening, balls won’t clear into the lane properly but I don’t see anywhere it would be hitting the ball and just wondering if it’s maybe coincidental and my eject is a little weaker?… any ideas?

I’ll try and reposition further out and see if it helps.

7DFA027B-8830-464C-8121-B998995F76A9 (resized).jpeg7DFA027B-8830-464C-8121-B998995F76A9 (resized).jpeg
#5178 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Sure is, what version do you have and what songs?
Off the top of my head on mine is Satisfaction ball 2 , Gimmie Shelter ball 3, Can’t you Hear me knocking one of the records songs , Brown Sugar and Paint it Black for MB’s and Miss You riff for fast Charlie mode in the pops and Jumpin Jack Flash for world tour. Rest I left alone.

I only played a game so not really sure about everything and def didn't hear everything...

Song 2 is Jumpin Jack FLash
song 3 is still Rain Fall Down for some reason (interesting choice)
Album multi is Satisfaction
Licks / Game over is Can't always get what you want (another interesting choice)
Satisfaction lick is in there here and there
Bonus countdown I think is Little Red Rooster
Tour hurry up was Paint it Black

Cool to hear some different stuff. Record mode songs all the same I guess it was too much trouble to change the DMD text and hire the voice guy to re-record his speech bits.

#5179 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

I really was close to getting a TMNT but the soundtrack literally made me want to rip my ears off... Zeppelin is amazing and will never get old for me.

If tmnt soundtrack didn't make you rip your ears off ,the gameplay would of

#5180 2 years ago
Quoted from Snotdoc:

Best guess on where to lubricate the spot lights on the topper? Was fine at first but now finger nails on a chalk board metal on metal sound.

Any progress on the above problems?
Really annoying sound from the spotlight (topper) when moving

#5181 2 years ago

For those with the zeppelin stucky ball problem my late build has this plastic guard in place. May be able to get it from Gary

2021-07-0909.47.527275072985274796326.jpg2021-07-0909.47.527275072985274796326.jpg
#5182 2 years ago

I attempted a fix on the shooter lane gate, hopefully it will hold. The metal on this ball gate seems far less "springy" than others which I think may be part of the problem when a ball strikes either end during multiball. Hard to get the end bent so it won't come out but still travels up and down freely.

20210709_095454.jpg20210709_095454.jpg
#5183 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

For those with the zeppelin stucky ball problem my late build has this plastic guard in place. May be able to get it from Gary
[quoted image]

Mine has the same protector and only one ball stuck there in 1000 games or so.

#5184 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

Mine has the same protector and only one ball stuck there in 1000 games or so.

Concerning stucky ball problem. I also order this one, Anti-Stuck-Plastic

https://pu-parts.com/anti-stuck-plastic-led-zeppelin

ScreenShot218 (resized).jpgScreenShot218 (resized).jpg
#5185 2 years ago
Quoted from BruketFans:

Concerning stucky ball problem. I also order this one, Anti-Stuck-Plastic
https://pu-parts.com/anti-stuck-plastic-led-zeppelin
[quoted image]

Bummer, they don't and won't ship to USA, I've tried twice in the past.
Looks like a fun product.

#5186 2 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Bummer, they don't and won't ship to USA, I've tried twice in the past.
Looks like a fun product.

I've used these guys a few times over the last couple years...My last shipment arrived 5 days from the time I ordered the item from the company that ordered from

https://www.forward2me.com/

#5187 2 years ago

I just ran two rubbers around the posts there to block that stuck ball spot.

#5188 2 years ago

Interesting. I just looked and I have no plastic there since mine was a very early run. Never had a stuck ball there.

#5189 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Interesting. I just looked and I have no plastic there since mine was a very early run. Never had a stuck ball there.

I have had 1

#5190 2 years ago

Don’t get me wrong, I’ve been loving my Zeppelin lately. It shoots great and is tons of fun. What I love most about it is that “just one more game” replay ability of it. As soon as a game ends I need to start another to see if I can have an even better game than the last.

That said, the damn spinner continues to bum me out. I’ve done everything to the damn thing, bent the brackets, flipped it around, got the spinner replacement (which honestly I haven’t done anything with because my game is a recent enough build that the replacement is identical to what’s already on it).

It always fails and comes flying off onto the playfield whenever I get an electric magic frenzy. . I’m paying attention to where the balls are in relationship to the flippers, so I can’t see exactly what’s happening. It seems though that on frenzy once you get that first ball in there the mech kinda throws the ball back at you. I wonder if this is what’s causing it to almost immediately after come flying out of the bracket. Now that I think of it, maybe there’s a setting to lower this, maybe it’s possible to make it not “throw” it at all and instead just release it (unless of course I’m just imaging the throwing thing). Any suggestions? Before I go searching the menus does anyone know if what I’m describing is accurate and if there’s a setting?

It really sucks because each game where I’ve had an opportunity to really put up a high score this spinner failure happens.

#5191 2 years ago

Your spinner arms probably just need to be made right. Make sure they're square all around, in line from the top, etc. Your brackets bring bent out or installed justified too far to the outside are the only other possible factors.

#5192 2 years ago

I'd make sure you fix it then have the newest code. I haven't had a spinner problem for a few months now though my first week of ownership I had 2 failures

#5193 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I'd make sure you fix it then have the newest code. I haven't had a spinner problem for a few months now though my first week of ownership I had 2 failures

Yes, the spinner problems should have been fixed by the new software. My initial guess is your EM assembly is rising too high and the ball is catching air off the front lip.

#5194 2 years ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

Don’t get me wrong, I’ve been loving my Zeppelin lately. It shoots great and is tons of fun. What I love most about it is that “just one more game” replay ability of it. As soon as a game ends I need to start another to see if I can have an even better game than the last.
That said, the damn spinner continues to bum me out. I’ve done everything to the damn thing, bent the brackets, flipped it around, got the spinner replacement (which honestly I haven’t done anything with because my game is a recent enough build that the replacement is identical to what’s already on it).
It always fails and comes flying off onto the playfield whenever I get an electric magic frenzy. . I’m paying attention to where the balls are in relationship to the flippers, so I can’t see exactly what’s happening. It seems though that on frenzy once you get that first ball in there the mech kinda throws the ball back at you. I wonder if this is what’s causing it to almost immediately after come flying out of the bracket. Now that I think of it, maybe there’s a setting to lower this, maybe it’s possible to make it not “throw” it at all and instead just release it (unless of course I’m just imaging the throwing thing). Any suggestions? Before I go searching the menus does anyone know if what I’m describing is accurate and if there’s a setting?
It really sucks because each game where I’ve had an opportunity to really put up a high score this spinner failure happens.

Can you take a couple close up pictures of your spinner and post them here?

#5195 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Yes, the spinner problems should have been fixed by the new software. My initial guess is your EM assembly is rising too high and the ball is catching air off the front lip.

This was my issue 100%.

Spinner fell off 2x in the first few 100 games. It wasn't until I rebent and made sure I was completely level when raised that it stopped happening.

#5196 2 years ago

Just had this custom button surround made by pinsider rimmeym This one was magnetic. He can make them out of all sorts of materials, and can make anything I could come up with. What does everyone think?

PXL_20210711_190117964 (resized).jpgPXL_20210711_190117964 (resized).jpg
#5197 2 years ago

Keep getting stuck balls out of the trough eject. Bounces back in since I added my shooter lane protector. I lowered the value to 170 and helped a lot but still getting a few. May remove the protector.. any advice?

B4D2613B-1F68-4E88-88C0-477D1FECE8ED (resized).jpegB4D2613B-1F68-4E88-88C0-477D1FECE8ED (resized).jpeg
#5198 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

Keep getting stuck balls out of the trough eject. Bounces back in since I added my shooter lane protector. I lowered the value to 170 and helped a lot but still getting a few. May remove the protector.. any advice?
[quoted image]

The shooter cones with a little sticker to hold it down. I've nevet used it. But is yours wedging the ball up? Have you pulled glass when it happens to see why?

#5199 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

The shooter cones with a little sticker to hold it down. I've nevet used it. But is yours wedging the ball up? Have you pulled glass when it happens to see why?

Ahh maybe I will remove the sticker then as it does hold it up a little bit it seems but doesn't seem like it would be enough to be bouncing it back so much but maybe having a little play wouldn't be so bad.

#5200 2 years ago

It looks like the ball barely fits out of the VUK with that protector there? Maybe just trim the protector or bend the end of the VUK slightly.

Honestly, after different issues with every type I've tried, I've gone away from any sort of fancy protector in the shooter area. Now I put down two layers of mylar before playing the first game and it is good to go and nearly invisible. As long as the edges where the clearcoat likes to chip have at least one layer of mylar they are fine. I put down two just for the heck of it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 65.99
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

5,699 (OBO)
$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Far Hills, NJ
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Walnut Creek, CA
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 9,657 posts in this topic. You are on page 104 of 194.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/104?hl=hopbeard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.