IMG_6977 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6979 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6978 (resized).jpeg
20240301_162016 (resized).jpg
20240301_162025 (resized).jpg
20240301_161950 (resized).jpg
20240301_161936 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,547 posts in this topic. You are on page 103 of 191.
#5101 2 years ago

Where in the menu can you adjust coil strength.

#5102 2 years ago
Quoted from TraitMocks:

LOTR and others, if you don't mind, please share your sling setting after installing the perfect plays. i'm running them on the lower slings and flippers as well and have my slings set at ten right now. the action feels less than crisp at times, with just enough slow motion punch to swish an out lane every now and again. a modest bump to 12 jacks things up enough to launch balls over the playfield and into the out lanes (sometimes even the shooter lane) on the fly. still tryin' to find the sweet spot with these things. pitch is 7 degrees.

I've had nearly the exact same issue with the factory black rubber. I currently have my slingshot power on 14. I'll let you know if I have to change it after the rubber swap.

#5103 2 years ago
Quoted from Drussksu:

Where in the menu can you adjust coil strength.

It's in the adjustment menu/LZ game adjustments. It's near the front of the menu. Flippers, shooter lane eject, slingshots, etc can all be found there.

#5104 2 years ago

Has anyone installed Pin Stadiums on a LZ Premium or LE ? If so, what are your thoughts? Thanks

#5105 2 years ago
Quoted from Sixtieskid:

Has anyone installed Pin Stadiums on a LZ Premium or LE ? If so, what are your thoughts? Thanks

Seems like a crummy idea that would wash out the expression lights.

#5106 2 years ago

Some before and after. Not a huge difference, but $18 well spent.

20210212_163613 (resized).jpg20210212_163613 (resized).jpg20210701_145400 (resized).jpg20210701_145400 (resized).jpg20210701_145420 (resized).jpg20210701_145420 (resized).jpg20210701_145434 (resized).jpg20210701_145434 (resized).jpg
#5107 2 years ago
Quoted from Sixtieskid:

When i'm streaming i use a my own version of external lighting (similar to pinstadiums). They do light up the playfield better which helps the cameras a lot. However, In general LZ really doesn't need any extra lighting for normal game play.

#5108 2 years ago

I just installed Mezel's drop target lights someone else recommended (thanks!). A good mod, about $50 delivered.
Pics include down position. Lights that area nicely.

PXL_20210703_232459111 (resized).jpgPXL_20210703_232459111 (resized).jpgPXL_20210703_232541299 (resized).jpgPXL_20210703_232541299 (resized).jpgPXL_20210703_233222162 (resized).jpgPXL_20210703_233222162 (resized).jpg
#5109 2 years ago

Had an awesome 4th of July party and LZ premium was easily the biggest draw next to the fireworks! 10 people rotating through 4 player matches all night tournament style.

My buddy who grew up with old riverboat pinball and hadn’t played a machine in years jumped on and scored 100mil his first game! I was shocked. He didn’t get above 80mil after that though. Most other (newer) players were mid 10-20mil with a few 40 mil games mixed in.

All in all everyone had so much fun though and the game ran flawlessly.

#5110 2 years ago

Wizardmod Wiz Panel, takes a bit to arrive from Portugal but love the look. Two screws for the badge to be taken off and re applied after panel, and that’s about it!

1CAB62F9-2AE5-41E0-A737-31274916B954 (resized).jpeg1CAB62F9-2AE5-41E0-A737-31274916B954 (resized).jpegEF0AA9D4-1815-4180-BA55-E1A19BFBCDE7 (resized).jpegEF0AA9D4-1815-4180-BA55-E1A19BFBCDE7 (resized).jpeg
#5111 2 years ago

Games should come with this. I have 3 on the way, can't wait.

#5112 2 years ago

One of my pop bumpers is randomly activating. I’ve looked around and am not seeing anything obviously different from the others. Can anyone point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance.

#5113 2 years ago
Quoted from Snotdoc:

One of my pop bumpers is randomly activating. I’ve looked around and am not seeing anything obviously different from the others. Can anyone point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance.

Adjust the switch gap slightly larger. You'll need a gap adjustment tool.
https://www.pinballlife.com/ultimate-leaf-adjuster-tool.html

#5114 2 years ago

Just ordered a premium from FlipNOut, I'm pumped!

#5115 2 years ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

You won't be disappointed. It is a stupendous game!

#5116 2 years ago

I’m waiting another 2 weeks for a nice used premium coming in on a trade, I’m just too much a zep fan to miss out

#5117 2 years ago

Seriously looking at this game as my next pickup. After playing Iron Maiden, it occurred to me that Band pins are my thing...

Would you guys say that the design/flow of this game is made to chill out and play some pinball while listening to music, or is there more active shooting here than I'm seeing?

Neither answer is a bad thing of course. I'd prefer a chill game for Led Zeppelin.

#5118 2 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

Seriously looking at this game as my next pickup. After playing Iron Maiden, it occurred to me that Band pins are my thing...
Would you guys say that the design/flow of this game is made to chill out and play some pinball while listening to music, or is there more active shooting here than I'm seeing?
Neither answer is a bad thing of course. I'd prefer a chill game for Led Zeppelin.

I have 0 regrets buying this game. To me, its fast and has great flow. I wouldn't say it is a chill game as this game kicks my ass up and down the playfield daily. I bought it because I wanted a game with a more open playfield - definitely go with a Premium or CE if you can. The EM spinner, expression lights, and extra scoop from the upper flipper are a must in my opinion. Great game and LZ is in my top 5 bands so I had to buy this one as my first NIB.

#5119 2 years ago

Agreed that premium or limited is definitely the way to go! While the spinner does require tweaking, it makes a massive difference in this game.

As far as it being a “chill” game, I can’t say it is. There are lots of opportunities for multiballs, and it gets frenetic and fast and crazy during those times.

What I love most about my Led Zeppelin and makes it different than my other games is that it undoubtedly has that “One more game” feel.

#5120 2 years ago

Can anyone provide me their honest thoughts. I've been thinking about buying this game for the past 6 months. I've played a premium and LE on location multiple times. I love Led Zeppelin times I have played it I really love the multi ball modes. The last time I played I was able to put a decent amount of time in with it on location on free play, and I enjoyed it, but I kept finding myself frustrated with missing shots, bad bounces, and drains that I felt were unfair. I'm not a great pinball player, but enjoy it immensely. At the same location, I spent a bunch of time with Black Knight SOR after jumping on it, having a great game, loving the flow of the game, and then playing a number of games after the first that all were a blast. I had played Black Knight SOR before on location a number of times, but did not think a lot of it. Since I am deeper into the hobby now, I got a lot more out of BKSOR. I am planning a purchase of one of these games coming up in about a month and these are the most likely 2 that I will choose from. I'd love to hear everyone's insight into these two games and their preferences.

Edit: This will be the second game in my home, the first being an old Comet, which gets a little play, but not a ton. I consider the next game I buy to be my first real game.

#5121 2 years ago
Quoted from shlt_thunder:

Can anyone provide me their honest thoughts. I've been thinking about buying this game for the past 6 months. I've played a premium and LE on location multiple times. I love Led Zeppelin times I have played it I really love the multi ball modes. The last time I played I was able to put a decent amount of time in with it on location on free play, and I enjoyed it, but I kept finding myself frustrated with missing shots, bad bounces, and drains that I felt were unfair. I'm not a great pinball player, but enjoy it immensely. At the same location, I spent a bunch of time with Black Knight SOR after jumping on it, having a great game, loving the flow of the game, and then playing a number of games after the first that all were a blast. I had played Black Knight SOR before on location a number of times, but did not think a lot of it. Since I am deeper into the hobby now, I got a lot more out of BKSOR. I am planning a purchase of one of these games coming up in about a month and these are the most likely 2 that I will choose from. I'd love to hear everyone's insight into these two games and their preferences.
Edit: This will be the second game in my home, the first being an old Comet, which gets a little play, but not a ton. I consider the next game I buy to be my first real game.

I mean, you are in a zep owners thread so not sure what you expect the answer to be besides BUY A ZEP!

Ask the same question in the BK owners thread and they'll probably tell ya - wild guess here - to go for the BK.

I prefer Zep, as I like the rock pins, and I think Zep has a better layout and more refined software with much less guesswork. Also I own a Zep, and don't own a BK, so make of that what you will.

From an unbiased-as-possible perspective, I think Zep will have better resale value than a BK for the simple reason it's a (popular) license, and BK isn't. Both seem to have been received about the same by the "collector community," which is to say, strictly mixed reviews.

#5122 2 years ago

I'm a huge fan of Zep, so I'm biased. I'm also a huge fan of Steve Ritchie, so I'm doubly biased. But SR makes really hard games - I've got 4 of his games and every one kicks your ass if you brick a shot. BUT...it makes you a better player, and you'll appreciate those moments when you blow up the game even more. It's a great game and I think you won't regret getting one. You've just gotta learn the shots (and that upper ramp shot off the top flipper is still a bitch almost 6 months later...).

#5123 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I mean, you are in a zep owners thread so not sure what you expect the answer to be besides BUY A ZEP!
Ask the same question in the BK owners thread and they'll probably tell ya - wild guess here - to go for the BK.
I prefer Zep, as I like the rock pins, and I think Zep has a better layout and more refined software with much less guesswork. Also I own a Zep, and don't own a BK, so make of that what you will.
From an unbiased-as-possible perspective, I think Zep will have better resale value than a BK for the simple reason it's a (popular) license, and BK isn't. Both seem to have been received about the same by the "collector community," which is to say, strictly mixed reviews.

Yeah this is the tread I have been following, and it is more active than the BKSOR thread. I really don't want to start my own thread for this question, as I think there are enough "this or that" threads already. I appreciate the insight.

#5124 2 years ago

I owned bksor prem for 3 months, could not be happier when I sold. Zepp is here for the long haul, easy decision for me. Zeppelin for the easy win!!

#5125 2 years ago

I own a BKSoR pro and it's fun. But from the time I've spent on LZ, I'd say go LZ. There just seems to be a bit more there, and the game is more open ended, rather than the linear feel you'll get from BKSoR.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5126 2 years ago

I own a BKSOR premium (don't care for the pro) and a Zep LE....Both have their own style and I enjoy them both. BKSOR is fast and mean and will kick your ass on a regular basis, LZ is also fast and can be super mean but to me it has more options so to speak as far as shots and they're more spread out and not all coming right back at you in your face all the time! So my thoughts would be that if you're going to get 1 just go ahead and get both...cause pins are kinda like chips once you have 1 (or 2 in your case with Comet) you are pretty much hooked and will be on the lookout for your next one in very short amount of time! You might as well jump from the deep end and get them both!!

Phoebe

#5127 2 years ago

I've played a lot of BKSOR on location, both pro and LE. Not a bad game but I never had the desire to own one. LZ premium for me I ordered on day 1 and I don't buy a whole lot of NIB games. LZ is one of my best pin purchases ever and I've been in the hobby for about 13 years.

#5128 2 years ago

I've played at least 20-50 games at minimum on all the new sterns and LZ is easily one of the best pins i've played ever. It's hard as hell but for an owner I'm happy as I'm looking for a game that is fun but also a challenge for the long haul and this one hits all the checks for young players and experienced.

#5129 2 years ago

glad to see you came around. I went through a similar evolution. Disappointed after first play. Then I got to put some time on a good machine. Then I bought one from flip n out.

#5130 2 years ago

I played a bunch of newer sterns on location tonight, I have zero interest in the theme but kept coming back to the zep premium. Really surprised how good it was, definitely on my radar for a future purchase. Very fast playing pin.

#5131 2 years ago

I finally had the chance yesterday to play a LZ pro at an arcade, and compare it with the Premium I own. There aren’t huge numbers of any version in Australia…five of the LEs were stolen from a warehouse and I don’t think they have been recovered.

I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed playing the Pro - fast and fun, and the volume was set way above the other five pins in the arcade so that was a huge bonus.

But the Pro is still a solid step below the Premium in playing enjoyability, lacking that all time classic Electric Magic spinner device. And the playfield did look horribly bare compared to the Avengers Pro next to it

I have not stopped playing my Premium since it arrived. My judgment call is those of us who are lucky to own LZs possess one of the great pinball sleepers. If you can buy one, get one now - and if it’s a premium or LE, so much the better

#5132 2 years ago
Quoted from Chambo:

I finally had the chance yesterday to play a LZ pro at an arcade, and compare it with the Premium I own. There aren’t huge numbers of any version in Australia…five of the LEs were stolen from a warehouse and I don’t think they have been recovered.
I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed playing the Pro - fast and fun, and the volume was set way above the other five pins in the arcade so that was a huge bonus.
But the Pro is still a solid step below the Premium in playing enjoyability, lacking that all time classic Electric Magic spinner device. And the playfield did look horribly bare compared to the Avengers Pro next to it
I have not stopped playing my Premium since it arrived. My judgment call is those of us who are lucky to own LZs possess one of the great pinball sleepers. If you can buy one, get one now - and if it’s a premium or LE, so much the better

If it wasn’t for the salty JJP GnR owners LZ would probably still be sitting at #1 on pinside top 100

19FC7990-629B-44DE-A683-014F7B80E89F (resized).png19FC7990-629B-44DE-A683-014F7B80E89F (resized).png

#5133 2 years ago
Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

I own a BKSOR premium (don't care for the pro) and a Zep LE....Both have their own style and I enjoy them both. BKSOR is fast and mean and will kick your ass on a regular basis, LZ is also fast and can be super mean but to me it has more options so to speak as far as shots and they're more spread out and not all coming right back at you in your face all the time! So my thoughts would be that if you're going to get 1 just go ahead and get both...cause pins are kinda like chips once you have 1 (or 2 in your case with Comet) you are pretty much hooked and will be on the lookout for your next one in very short amount of time! You might as well jump from the deep end and get them both!!

Phoebe

I appreciate the insight and encouragement. This might be the answer I am looking for.

#5134 2 years ago

I think the song list is a bit frustrating too. I don't hate any of the songs on the pin (except maybe Whole Lotta Love), but I feel like I want to be playing this game to The Ocean, Heartbreaker, Dazed and Confused, and even Fool in the Rain. A few huge Zeppelin riffs missing from the game feel like big misses. I understand that licensing and brand work can be difficult so

#5135 2 years ago

Really can't go wrong with any Steve Ritchie title. If it was my second game I would probably go with a Star Wars Premium/LE first then a STTNG, then a Spiderman. I love my LZ LE but I feel it may get stale in a smaller collection because of it's simplistic rule set and layout. Steve Ritchie is my favorite designer and his designs have the best flow and feeling, may pick the theme that resonates the most?)

#5136 2 years ago

I think the song list is a bit frustrating too.

That's my biggest knock on this game. The song selection is fine - the issue for me is that 10 songs is no longer enough on a music pin.

This may have been OK 10 years ago with AC/DC, but at this point, something like 14 songs should be minimum. The entire theme of the game is "Led Zeppelin", and therefore should be packed with more of their songs.

#5137 2 years ago

That's my biggest knock on this game. The song selection is fine - the issue for me is that 10 songs is no longer enough on a music pin.
This may have been OK 10 years ago with AC/DC, but at this point, something like 14 songs should be minimum. The entire theme of the game is "Led Zeppelin", and therefore should be packed with more of their songs.

Really comes down to licensing and cost. 40 +minutes of zeppelin music to be able to produce earnings is crazy.

Do I want more? Who wouldn’t? But you have to figure they put 4 more songs on here you’re asking another $500-2000 on licensing fees at minimum.

I would love to see one more added in a future update just for fun tho

#5138 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

Really comes down to licensing and cost. 40 +minutes of zeppelin music to be able to produce earnings is crazy.
Do I want more? Who wouldn’t? But you have to figure they put 4 more songs on here you’re asking another $500-2000 on licensing fees at minimum.
I would love to see one more added in a future update just for fun tho

I’d like to see one or two added as well and with the various wizard modes there is plenty of places to use them.

Yes a couple extra songs would raise the licensing fees but if Stern were able to sell several more games due to the additional music is it not worth it to them in the long run?

If they sold 100 more games over the production cycle due to the additional music would it not offset this additional cost outlay?

#5139 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I’d like to see one or two added as well and with the various wizard modes there is plenty of places to use them.
Yes a couple extra songs would raise the licensing fees but if Stern were able to sell several more games due to the additional music is it not worth it to them in the long run?
If they sold 100 more games over the production cycle due to the additional music would it not offset this additional cost outlay?

Hard to say but for the 10 tracks they chose I honestly couldn't be happier. Sure there's more I want, I want all of them! But it's Zeppelin on a pinball, pretty much my dream music pin next to a hendrix or daft punk.

#5140 2 years ago

I would pay for more songs as an option.
Just need Tim to code them. All stern has to do then, is take my money and send updated code.
On Dj mode, id also like to add songs there. Is there a mod for that yet?

#5141 2 years ago

I doubt they would add songs in a code update. They would have to give more money to Zeppelin. Though it would be awesome.

#5142 2 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I would pay for more songs as an option.
Just need Tim to code them. All stern has to do then, is take my money and send updated code.
On Dj mode, id also like to add songs there. Is there a mod for that yet?

Adding songs to DJ mode would be pretty awesome!

I too would like you guys would probably shell out more money for more songs of course that's a pipe dream but would be nice!

What's ya'lls favorite songs to shoot too? Mine is either Ramble on or Song remains

#5143 2 years ago

Ramble and immigrant. Cranked the hell up!!!

#5144 2 years ago

LZ not having When the Levee Breaks is almost criminal..but AC/DC does not have Long Way to the Top if You Want to Rock N Roll or Dirty Deeds.. I would guess some songs are more expensive to license than others. And it’s impossible to make everyone happy unless they could pick out their own set list. My AC/DC actually got me listening to the Black Ice album more

#5145 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Ramble and immigrant. Cranked the hell up!!!

I like the shot pattern in trampled under foot too.. Most people that haven't played this one or know how the rules go don't get how good the programmer made the shot patterns line up with the songs and how well it shoots in relation.

The ten song modes are:
● Good Times Bad Times
○ Shots alternate between “easy” and “hard” shots.
● Communication Breakdown
○ During verses, all shots are lit.
○ During chorus, shots “break down” and only half of the shots are lit.
○ During the solo, only the center ramp is lit
● Whole Lotta Love
○ Pairs of shots are lit, the pair changes depending on the section of the song
■ Left orbit and side shot
■ Left ramp and right ramp
■ Center ramp and right ramp
○ Drum solo will have pairs of shots that rove around
○ Guitar solo is only center ramp
● Immigrant Song
○ Outer shots start lit, as the song goes on more shots get added towards the
middle
● Kashmir
○ Left eject and right orbit start lit. Hitting a left shot will move that shot to the
right, hitting a right shot will move it to the left.
○ Once the shots converge on each other, that last shot will stay lit.
○ Different sections in the song may reset the arrows.
● Black Dog
○ Shots alternate between left, right, and center.
■ Left eject, left orbit, left ramp, side shot
■ Side shot, center ramp, right ramp, right orbit
■ Left ramp, side shot, center ramp
○ Hitting a shot replenishes the arrows and disables the most recently hit shot
● Ramble On
○ During verses, shots slowly move around playfield
○ During chorus, all shots lit
● Rock And Roll
○ Some sections have only 2 shots lit, but they are always lit
■ Left ramp and right ramp
■ Left orbit and right orbit
○ Other sections have more shots lit, but the most recently hit shot will not be
available until you hit another shot
● Trampled Under Foot
○ Orbit section
■ Left orbit and right orbit, must alternate
○ Ramp section
■ Left, center, right. Most recently hit ramp turns off.
○ All shots section (piano solo)
● The Song Remains the Same
○ Left eject starts lit and stays lit.
○ Slowly, more shots fan out and get added to the right. Most recently hit shot
disables until you hit a different one.

#5146 2 years ago
Quoted from OSUBuckeye98:

LZ not having When the Levee Breaks is almost criminal..but AC/DC does not have Long Way to the Top if You Want to Rock N Roll or Dirty Deeds.. I would guess some songs are more expensive to license than others. And it’s impossible to make everyone happy unless they could pick out their own set list. My AC/DC actually got me listening to the Black Ice album more

Levee and stairway missing are definitely painful.

#5147 2 years ago

While I wish there were more songs too, I've never understood this continual complaint. I don't get tired of the same songs any more than I get tired of any pinball soundtrack..

#5148 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

While I wish there were more songs too, I've never understood this continual complaint. I don't get tired of the same songs any more than I get tired of any pinball soundtrack..

I really was close to getting a TMNT but the soundtrack literally made me want to rip my ears off... Zeppelin is amazing and will never get old for me.

#5149 2 years ago

communication breakdown and ramble on

#5150 2 years ago

Kashmir for me. Wish it had celebration day, ocean, and moby dick. Drum solo multi ball

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz
Decals
4,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Mission, BC
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Machine - For Sale
Tigard, OR
$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 65.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 49.99
Lighting - Interactive
NinjaCamp Mods
Interactive
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Walnut Creek, CA
$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions
Plastics
Lighting - Interactive
NinjaCamp Mods
Interactive
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 9,547 posts in this topic. You are on page 103 of 191.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/103?hl=hawks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.