IMG_4777 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4775 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4776 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
shooter (resized).jpg
20240301_161950 (resized).jpg
20240301_161936 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,596 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 192.
#5051 2 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

bend the ball guide inwards so that it sits just to the inside of the left 180* ramp entrance(the one you hit from the upper right flipper

Ive read this 5 times and don't get it. Im old and dumb.
Pic maybe?
Thanks

#5052 2 years ago

When the ball leave the upper right flipper it will it the ball guide in question before hitting the 180 ramp. The ball guide should allow the ball to hit that ramp without hitting the side of the ramp / causing deflection. Mine has like a 32nd of overhang that I need to resolve but it's nothing compared to what a few folks have seen.

#5053 2 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Dialing in this game makes a huge difference. Make sure the Electro-Magic is flat and flush with the playfield and bend the ball guide inwards so that it sits just to the inside of the left 180* ramp entrance(the one you hit from the upper right flipper). So awesome now!

Since I leveled my EM spinner I haven’t had any issues (knock on wood). I haven’t bent my ball guide but may need to try that. I can make the shot pretty regularly but if there’s a way to make it a little smoother I may try it next time the glass is off.

#5054 2 years ago
Quoted from Chuckwebster:

Think of ball one as your foundation. You may not score big, but if you can accomplish a couple of things you'll set yourself up to do some good stuff on balls 2,3, & extras.
To consistently score big on LZ this is how i approach it. On ball one the most important thing to do is to qualify your tour (one shot to the left eject). choose your tour- (i like to pick orbits to get it out of the way). Once you start the tour try to hit the left ramp to start Zeppelin multiball. While in the safety of multiball try to complete the tour requirements so that when Zeppelin MB is over Tour MB will be ready to start immediately with one shot to the left eject.
to start the next tour hit the right ramp, then the left eject and try to bring in another multiball to complete. when you get in a grove you'll go from one multiball to the next (LZ is a heavy MB game )
While in all multiballs always try to hit the lit song shots too. If you get to 5 gold records (icon on the top right of the scree) you can complete the song by hitting the right orbit. Complete 5 songs and you'll light mothership multiball.
Another thing to be aware on the premium is during EM MB try to hit the right orbit/top eject immediately and then try to hit the left eject this will turn the MB from a 2ball to 3,or 4ball MB.
In Electric frenzy always try to hit the ejects they lock the balls for a bit and i believe give you 2x/3x scoring.
Once you get the hang of it you'll progress deeper into the game and score will go up.

Thanks for the tips. New high score tonight 521,000 up from 330,000.

#5055 2 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

Thanks for the tips. New high score tonight 521,000 up from 330,000.

Any tips to get extra balls?

#5056 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

Any tips to get extra balls?

Extra Balls
There are 5 EB’s available on default settings:

5 gold records
4 complete songs (5 gold records per song)
Start 2 Tour Multiballs
8 Zeppelin Awards (side flipper shot)
5 City Jackpots in World Tour

The first one is a gimme. The second and third one require some work. The 4th and 5th one are very difficult to get.

#5057 2 years ago

Finally had a chance to add a few mods. I chose my favorite lyrics and ones that I thought made sense for the game on the mirrored pops. ‘Oh let the sun beat down upon my face’ since Icarus is looking up into the sky and ‘Anything I wanted to know..’ since the Hermit, he knows all. Contributed by scanning my pop cap, if you notice the left one has the correct notch in it so it fits properly. Installed the Beautiful, Fugly, HUGE shooter just to piss people off & continued with the yellow theme on everything, lit the shooter and the buttons. I still can’t believe how many people love to bash the game, funny it went to #1 on Pinside before an ambush voted it down. No matter what anyone says, it still gets played more than my GNR. Truth ✌

608BD996-1C2F-492B-961B-40CEA6CEF9DD (resized).jpeg608BD996-1C2F-492B-961B-40CEA6CEF9DD (resized).jpeg89997A03-0073-41AE-841A-D4825901CCEC (resized).jpeg89997A03-0073-41AE-841A-D4825901CCEC (resized).jpeg

#5058 2 years ago

OK, so I went ahead and got one of the alternate translites as an experiment and really like it. I know this has been discussed ad nausea, but it is obvious the license holders did a disservice to everyone including themselves by not trusting Stern to make any original pinball art for this game. Even though the LE package has the best art IMO; an original backglass with the band image is something that was needed and I think this one hit the mark. Just having this one prominent place on the machine with original band based art makes all the difference in the world to me. I always liked the rest of the cabinet art and the blue powder. At this point I love the entire art package and don't feel like I am on Icarus overload anymore. This translite matches the rest of the cabinet, Wizard Mod panel magnet, topper and speaker LEDs perfectly. At this point I am done!!

So for now at least I have the original backglass safely in storage. I bought a new piece of glass and full channel set for the translite, so it's a complete drop in replacement. As cheap as the channels are there was no way I was going to risk pulling the channels off the original glass. More importantly I wanted two complete swap-able glasses. One other note is I had to lower the backbox GI attract lighting to around 70% or it was a little too bright for my taste. I use 18% in game already. Contact pinside member Pinstein if you want one of these. He's a great guy to deal with, price is right and shipping is super fast.

20210628_201334 (resized).jpg20210628_201334 (resized).jpg
#5059 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

OK, so I went ahead and got one of the alternate translites as an experiment and really like it. I know this has been discussed ad nausea, but it is obvious the license holders did a disservice to everyone including themselves by not trusting Stern to make any original pinball art for this game. Even though the LE package has the best art IMO; an original backglass with the band image is something that was needed and I think this one hit the mark. Just having this one prominent place on the machine with original band based art makes all the difference in the world to me. I always liked the rest of the cabinet art and the blue powder. At this point I love the entire art package and don't feel like I am on Icarus overload anymore. This translite matches the rest of the cabinet, Wizard Mod panel magnet, topper and speaker LEDs perfectly. At this point I am done!!
So for now at least I have the original backglass safely in storage. I bought a new piece of glass and full channel set for the translite, so it's a complete drop in replacement. As cheap as the channels are there was no way I was going to risk pulling the channels off the original glass. More importantly I wanted two complete swap-able glasses. One other note is I had to lower the backbox GI attract lighting to around 70% or it was a little too bright for my taste. I use 18% in game already. Contact pinside member Pinstein if you want one of these. He's a great guy to deal with, price is right and shipping is super fast.[quoted image]

Just wait until I get some time to properly backlight that translight, will really look nice.

#5060 2 years ago

Second time in a week

Any fix/adjustment or tips out there?

2021-06-29 17.32.18 (resized).jpg2021-06-29 17.32.18 (resized).jpg
#5061 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

So for now at least I have the original backglass safely in storage. I bought a new piece of glass and full channel set for the translite, so it's a complete drop in replacement. As cheap as the channels are there was no way I was going to risk pulling the channels off the original glass. More importantly I wanted two complete swap-able glasses. One other note is I had to lower the backbox GI attract lighting to around 70% or it was a little too bright for my taste. I use 18% in game already. Contact pinside member Pinstein if you want one of these. He's a great guy to deal with, price is right and shipping is super fast.[quoted image]

John. Where did you order channel? That looks so proper in there!!

#5062 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

John. Where did you order channel? That looks so proper in there!!

The channels came from Pinball Life. Note that they are sized for the pre-LCD glass size. That just means the top and bottom channels are fine but you have to cut a couple inches off the side channels to fit just right. The glass itself is 25-7/8 x 16-1/2 x 1/8 inch, tempered with "no watermark or bug" ordered from my local glass place for a little over $20 including tax.

#5063 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

The channels came from Pinball Life. Note that they are sized for the pre-LCD glass size. That just means the top and bottom channels are fine but you have to cut a couple inches off the side channels to fit just right. The glass itself is 25-7/8 x 16-1/2 x 1/8 inch, tempered with "no watermark or bug" ordered from my local glass place for a little over $20 including tax.

Thx. Just looked there and saw em, and I have a pinball bud in the glass biz. Thinkin I need one!! I ordered wizard panel also.

#5064 2 years ago

Anybody else having a problem making a back handed shot to the right ramp you might try this from Marco. Replace the longer one like it on the ramp support. You'll need to keep one washer under there or an under ramp ball won't clear. I just made 11 shots in a row, smooth as butter.

PXL_20210629_175924072 (resized).jpgPXL_20210629_175924072 (resized).jpg

#5065 2 years ago

I've never once been able to backhand the right ramp but I also have my game set to maximum steep.

#5066 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I've never once been able to backhand the right ramp but I also have my game set to maximum steep.

I'm set at 7°, but had to adjust right flipper to backhand ramp. With glass off and tons of trying, it would not make it. I indexed it slightly forward

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5067 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I'm set at 7°, but had to adjust right flipper to backhand ramp. With glass off and tons of trying, it would not make it. I indexed it slightly forward

I can live without it...that's what the left flipper is for, and I like it steep!

There's always plenty of things to shoot at with either flipper on this game.

#5068 2 years ago

My right ramp is deliciously backhandable. I think I said I fucking love you Steve Ritchie the first time I did it.

#5069 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Damn that looks good! I think I’m getting one.

#5070 2 years ago

Backhand right ramp shots on mine became difficult to impossible after only 10-15 minutes of play. Pinmonks flipper fans did the trick for me!

#5071 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

What's the story on the glass? It looks great I assumed it was the HD stuff.

#5072 2 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

What's the story on the glass? It looks great I assumed it was the HD stuff.

You don't need HD glass for a translite even if it was available. The glass is regular tempered. Unless you are talking about the playfield? That is Stern HD glass.

#5073 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

You don't need HD glass for a translite even if it was available. The glass is regular tempered. Unless you are talking about the playfield? That is Stern HD glass.

My bad. Yes, the playfield.

#5074 2 years ago

Does anybody know where the spotlights are available ? They’d be good to use on something like AC/DC too.

E1188F79-B9DB-4020-9137-55D95E405B89 (resized).jpegE1188F79-B9DB-4020-9137-55D95E405B89 (resized).jpeg
#5075 2 years ago

How do you keep track of song progress on the pro?

#5076 2 years ago
Quoted from Drussksu:How do you keep track of song progress on the pro?

If you hold flipper at start of ball you can see progress

#5077 2 years ago

Or anytime you have a ball trapped on a flipper. While holding in a flipper, you can use the other flipper to quickly scroll through the instant info.

#5078 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Just installed the Mezel-mods illuminated drop target mod - f’n awesome - turned out way better than I expected. Mildly intimidating instructions for a new guy like me, just took my time and had it up in running in about 45 mins. Highly recommend. [quoted image]

Just did the Mezel Trough Light kit and awaiting delivery of the Drop target kit. These are easy to install, cheap, and a really nice upgrade!

IMG_3499 (resized).jpgIMG_3499 (resized).jpg
#5079 2 years ago
Quoted from Mouseyjoe:

Just did the Mezel Trough Light kit and awaiting delivery of the Drop target kit. These are easy to install, cheap, and a really nice upgrade![quoted image]

WHy does this game need a trough lighting kit that reflects off the screen when there are spotlights built into the game that shine down on the flipper area?

#5080 2 years ago

Is anyone else still waiting on the topper? I ordered and paid my distro as soon as it was announced . Sorry if the answer is in this thread somewhere.

#5081 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

WHy does this game need a trough lighting kit that reflects off the screen when there are spotlights built into the game that shine down on the flipper area?

Cause it's dark despite the spotlights.

#5082 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Because it looks cool to some people and better highlights the artwork. I have never noticed the leds reflecting off the screen, maybe some people are just more sensitive to it. And those white spotlights that came with the game are lame and don’t shine down, they shine out just like a trough light.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5083 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

+1

Only game I ever thought could use some trough lighting was MB.

#5084 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Because it looks cool to some people and better highlights the artwork. I have never noticed the leds reflecting off the screen, maybe some people are just more sensitive to it. And those white spotlights that came with the game are lame and don’t shine down, they shine out just like a trough light.

I think the LED reflections are probably more of a height thing. I had a woman playing at my place last week that wore high heals because of the glare she was getting from the games.

#5085 2 years ago
Quoted from Chuckwebster:

I think the LED reflections are probably more of a height thing. I had a woman playing at my place last week that wore high heals because of the glare she was getting from the games.

I'm 5'11, don't notice it when I'm playing. i suppose if I stare at the screen and look for it, i might see it, but it's never bothered me when playing.

#5086 2 years ago

Thought I had the wire gate at the shooter lane fixed by stretching it out a little bit and replacing, but it popped back out while on location. I'm on shift so my beautiful assistant had to go remove it and I'll do a permanent fix by bending the other end tomorrow. So if you think you can get away with just extending the arms out it may end up wiggling loose again.

#5087 2 years ago

Question for the people who say they got the new spinner kits from Stern. Did you have to ask for it or did they just send that to you because you registered the game when you bought it? I haven't been having any trouble with my spinner for a while now but I'd still like to get a kit if they're sending them out. I obviously haven't gotten one in the mail yet.

#5088 2 years ago

I got a spinner and plastic early on after I requested one, but the updated kit came unasked for. Which I thought was great service by stern.

#5089 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Question for the people who say they got the new spinner kits from Stern. Did you have to ask for it or did they just send that to you because you registered the game when you bought it? I haven't been having any trouble with my spinner for a while now but I'd still like to get a kit if they're sending them out. I obviously haven't gotten one in the mail yet.

I had to ask for it, over and over and over. It did come, roughly 2 months after I asked. Like many others, the new spinner came without any decals. I requested the decals and it has been two weeks so far. I don't expect to see them any time soon. I think they're just swamped with orders and requests.

#5090 2 years ago

Looks like I've got some fun type work to do! I'll post some pics when it's done.

20210630_174316 (resized).jpg20210630_174316 (resized).jpg
#5091 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Looks like I've got some fun type work to do! I'll post some pics when it's done.
[quoted image]

Interested to see how orange looks. Might be great! What brand?

#5092 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Interested to see how orange looks. Might be great! What brand?

They are perfect play. I figured why not go all the way. I already have orange t-molding on the head, and orange flipper rubbers, to go with all the orange on the game(premium).

#5093 2 years ago

I've had great luck with perfect play. Best ones I think.

#5094 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I asked for a spinner kit - once. It arrived a few weeks later. No decal. I thanked them for the spinner kit and asked for a decal. Stern wrote back and said my name is on the list to get one. If you want something from Stern you will have to request it.

#5095 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I contacted Stern initially to tell them I was having problems with the EM, Pablo replied with the instruction and said it was not a permanent fix and the engineers were still working on. I replied to Pablo directly a few weeks ago and said I have been seeing the new spinners making into the hand of owners and asked if I needed to request one, I did not receive a reply. Earlier this week I forwarded the emails between Pablo and I to Sterns general mailbox, still no reply. I do think Stern will eventually take care of it.

#5096 2 years ago
Quoted from jamesdeloris:

I asked for a spinner kit - once. It arrived a few weeks later. No decal. I thanked them for the spinner kit and asked for a decal. Stern wrote back and said my name is on the list to get one. If you want something from Stern you will have to request it.

They said they were sending me the decals and sent me 5x led circuit board things and some coil or something. I may call as I think they sent me someone else’s stuff.

#5097 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

They said they were sending me the decals and sent me 5x led circuit board things and some coil or something. I may call as I think they sent me someone else’s stuff.

#5098 2 years ago

Haha I’m sure whatever these are that they sent is worth more than a few decals cost wise but I don’t want to keep it as it’s not mine and I didn’t pay for it that and someone else is probably waiting on these.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#5099 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

Free parts are always nice!

#5100 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

[quoted image]

LOTR and others, if you don't mind, please share your sling setting after installing the perfect plays. i'm running them on the lower slings and flippers as well and have my slings set at ten right now. the action feels less than crisp at times, with just enough slow motion punch to swish an out lane every now and again. a modest bump to 12 jacks things up enough to launch balls over the playfield and into the out lanes (sometimes even the shooter lane) on the fly. still tryin' to find the sweet spot with these things. pitch is 7 degrees.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

5,286 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, IN
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Mission, BC
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 65.99
$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 9,596 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 192.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/102?hl=number_runner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.