GEDC6409 (resized).JPG
GEDC6405 (resized).JPG
T13 crop on resize (resized).jpg
LZ T12 02 (resized).JPG
LZ T12 01 (resized).JPG
PXL_20210202_204733948.NIGHT (resized).jpg
PXL_20210202_204715036.NIGHT (resized).jpg
PXL_20210202_204817010.NIGHT (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drfrightner.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 3 years ago

Hot wheels sitting next to a blimp ahhh NO!

When I think of LED Zep I don’t think of hot wheels. Unfortunately Stern doesn’t offer the same amount of detail as JJP which opens the games up 110% to mods. But hot wheels no thanks.

I think we need to consider most of the on screen stuff is very psychedelic images of them performing. Taking that into consideration I think you need more music concert equipment putting them more on stage... an amp rack with blinking lights, speaker to go over the flashers, maybe a guitar that covers a ramp, or a tour bus but hot wheels that just isn’t a good idea.

I also think this game needs 3D flipper bats, and maybe someone could make a 3D toy to cover the shorter rod much like GNR CE did.

Stern never fails to leave mod companies with many options but lets keep a theme for the mods you make. Random stuff just makes no sense. I think make two or three of those pale woman from house of the holy, or simply adding iconic toys from their covers. I could also see which I’ve never seen done adding an album cover with a record half out of it. Many options here.

If we’re at a concert lets stick to that line of thinking. Just my two cents.

#23 3 years ago

That doesn't look very slick but yeah something like that but better. you could even do like a fan of their albums as a mod. My main point is stick with music stuff don't introduce hot wheels that is just silly. Led Zep is a psychedelic heavy metal rock band. Stern has a flying angel and then someone goes and adds a hot wheel not one but two that is getting way off track. All the mods need to be spiritual, psychedelic at concert related. I can promise you the very last thing I would add is a couple hot wheels. What I'd really like to see on top of the right ramp is translucent characters from the album cover of the 'Holy'. I've actually done stuff like it before out of plastic... check this out. For example look at the ceiling how we made it look like ICE breaking thru ... that is plastic with a special paint. You could do the same thing here.

Scarefest Greenscreen 2 187 (resized).jpgScarefest Greenscreen 2 187 (resized).jpg

#24 3 years ago

BTW if you really had to have HOT WHEELS on your Led Zep game you can get a set of FOUR off ebay for HALF what someone else is selling just ONE. Apparently there is five different Zep hot wheels.

ebay.com link: Hot Wheels Led Zeppelin Haulin Gas Super Van Combat Medic Mini Hiway Hauler

Here is a pair SAME TWO as shown on this thread for only $14.95. I don't want mods for a game that you can simply buy yourself off amazon or ebay I want ones you create on your own custom to something the game actually needs.

ebay.com link: HOT WHEELS LED ZEPPELIN COMBAT MEDIC HAULIN GAS SET OF 2 CARS

If I want to hot wheels I can buy both of the ones shown for 15 bucks.

Lets get some mods going that actually makes the game off the chain... I got a CRAZY IDEA.

What is you added a LCD strip to the Zeppelin much like the Goodyear Blimp shows messages... it could show all kinds of 70's images.

Now that would be cool!

#30 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

If you want to see something made, that's fine to make the suggestion, but often times people don't understand the time needed to get mods made or can't see the roadblocks involved like those in the trenches can.

Hey I'm not beating up on you just stating a fact. You can buy those hot wheels for 5 bucks anyone can. Either way I'm trying to push you in the right direction here... I did offer suggestions several of them.

Can you honestly tell me a HOT wheel sitting next to a blimp makes sense?

Lets make something that works for the machine/theme. I keep hoping SOMEONE ANYONE will make good mods for Stranger Things. I've got like 10 idea's for that game.

Make some cool stuff Im ready to buy brother.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 65.99
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drfrightner.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zep-mod-thread?tu=drfrightner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.