GEDC6409 (resized).JPG
GEDC6405 (resized).JPG
T13 crop on resize (resized).jpg
LZ T12 02 (resized).JPG
LZ T12 01 (resized).JPG
PXL_20210202_204733948.NIGHT (resized).jpg
PXL_20210202_204715036.NIGHT (resized).jpg
PXL_20210202_204817010.NIGHT (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DugFreez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#75 3 years ago

Speaker Light Kits (3 different types to choose from) for Led Zeppelin are available as well as a suitable acrylic design set at

http://www.speakerlightkits.com

This particular picture is of my friends LE. They are not ones for showing off the LE speakers and prefer the fully lit speaker grills. So what they have is one of my Deluxe (Type 12) Speaker Light Kits, no speaker foam or plastic canvas directly behind the grill, BUT they have removed the LE blue metal speaker surrounds and added BLACK PLASTIC CANVAS (available at Amazon, eBay and many craft stores) in the back of the lit area (right in front of the speaker plates) to hide the speakers a bit.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

LZ T12 01 (resized).JPGLZ T12 01 (resized).JPGLZ T12 02 (resized).JPGLZ T12 02 (resized).JPG
2 weeks later
#77 3 years ago
Quoted from BruketFans:

Looks very nice
For us in Europe, is it possible to order the LZ acrylics from any reseller? (shipping cost)

If any resellers carry the design or not is up to them. Currently no resellers have requested them. They are free to order them from me if they would like.

My 0-2lb shipping price to Europe is currently $25.50. This will usually cover 2 light kits with acrylic designs and any small accessories needed. If a person is just ordering an acrylic design....you will be charged that same $25.50 BUT if the designs arrive to you in good condition...you can contact me and I will refund the shipping overage (currently $9.31).

This may seem strange, but I got burnt refunding the shipping right away and then get news that the acrylic did not arrive or arrived damaged...then I am reaching in my pocket to correct that issue and losing money overall on the transaction. Believe me, I do my best when packing an order and I want it to arrive in good condition, but I can not take that kind of loss to correct an issue with an acrylic only order. I do my best to get international customers the lowest shipping price available.

So if you are only ordering an acrylic design for Europe....you should accept that $25.50 is the shipping price when purchasing, but hopefully it will arrive without issue and you can contact me and let me know and get that refund for the shipping.

#80 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:Will you be making an acrylic for the type 13 kit?

Nothing specifically for the type 13 kits (besides the 5.25" surrounds). Of course you can mount the other acrylic designs in front of a type 13 light kits if you would choose to, but that's really not taken into consideration when the acrylic designs are being made. When designing the SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kits I realized that a design mounted behind the panel gets lost in the honeycomb grill and even the speaker cone. Unless it's an extremely bold and non detailed design...it largely gets lost in visual clutter mounted behind the grills.

*Led Zep design in front of a Type 13 Speaker Light Kit. Turquoise surround pictured, though the Light Blue surrounds match the LZ LE trim color much closer if that is what you are going for.

T13 crop on resize (resized).jpgT13 crop on resize (resized).jpg
#84 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

No way to make that acrylic smaller to fit better? I like the design but want to stick with the round speaker. I have your kits in all my machines, they look and work great.

I wouldn't consider it being shrunk down as fitting better. I don't think it will look as good being smaller and mounted on the large rectangle grill area. As it is...the etched area of the design that should be back lit fits nicely in the backlit area made by the type 13 light kit (as pictured above). Having said that, making it smaller may make the install easier for some people, as you should be able to just remove the speaker and speaker surround to mount it as long as your game already has the 5.25" speaker plates installed (making mounting the shrunk down design easier to install for LE owners). This design, as it normally is, requires a person to remove the entire speaker plate to mount them. That is due to the mounting holes on the design not being in the speaker hole area, where they could otherwise be accessed.

Are you also buying a light kit? If so, as long as you pre-pay and are patient while it is custom made for you, I could have it shrunk down at no additional charge. Just e-mail me at [email protected] and let me know what size you would like the design.

I have design customizations done fairly often, though it is usually people wanting my regular designs in different colors or materials and not having them resized as you are asking about.

Feel free to contact me and ask any questions and I'm glad to hear you like my light kits.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 65.99
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DugFreez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zep-mod-thread?tu=DugFreez and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.