GEDC6409 (resized).JPG
GEDC6405 (resized).JPG
T13 crop on resize (resized).jpg
LZ T12 02 (resized).JPG
LZ T12 01 (resized).JPG
PXL_20210202_204733948.NIGHT (resized).jpg
PXL_20210202_204715036.NIGHT (resized).jpg
PXL_20210202_204817010.NIGHT (resized).jpg
There are 97 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

anyone think if the pops were made to look like albums or album covers it would look good?

We considered that route but with such a psychedelic game we didn't want to loose the RGP lighting effect from the pops. Now they really pop out and fit the theme rather nicely.

#52 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

We considered that route but with such a psychedelic game we didn't want to loose the RGP lighting effect from the pops. Now they really pop out and fit the theme rather nicely.

Only issue I have with your pops design is your missing a band member symbol for Jimmy Page. One of LZ core philosophy’s is no band member left out or taking more credit and is a large part of why they haven’t toured since 1980 after Bonham’s death.
3 out of 4 don’t jive. Too bad it’s not a 4 pop game. Otherwise I like them. Just trying to see if there is a more cohesive alternative.

#53 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Only issue I have with your pops design is your missing a band member symbol for Jimmy Page. One of LZ core philosophy’s is no band member left out or taking more credit and is a large part of why they haven’t toured since 1980 after Bonham’s death.
3 out of 4 don’t jive. Too bad it’s not a 4 pop game. Otherwise I like them. Just trying to see if there is a more cohesive alternative.

Fair enough. Could always pull out one of the 10 Icuras figures and make you a Jimmy Page stand in. lol

#54 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

anyone think if the pops were made to look like albums or album covers it would look good?

Yes, album covers would look cool.. and what about the bridge? I ain't seen the bridge? Where's that confounded bridge? Think it would look cool with a Houses of the Holy cover on the left pop and then a bridge from the bottom pop to the top.. maybe since Mezelmods is doing the London theme in that corner, they can do the Westminster bridge?

300px-Westminster_Bridge_and_Palace_of_Westminster (resized).jpg300px-Westminster_Bridge_and_Palace_of_Westminster (resized).jpg
#55 3 years ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

Yes, album covers would look cool.. and what about the bridge? I ain't seen the bridge? Where's that confounded bridge? Think it would look cool with a Houses of the Holy cover on the left pop and then a bridge from the bottom pop to the top.. maybe since Mezelmods is doing the London theme in that corner, they can do the Westminster bridge?
[quoted image]

Was just trying to brainstorm some other ideas than icarus, the Zep and the band member symbols.

There are some cool old concert posters that have Psychedelic art style.

The pop caps should be something that isn’t already plastered all over the place.

Even Jimmy’s guitar, John Paul’s bass and John’s drum kit on each pop number would be cool.

#56 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Was just trying to brainstorm some other ideas than icarus, the Zep and the band member symbols.
There are some cool old concert posters that have Psychedelic art style.
The pop caps should be something that isn’t already plastered all over the place.
Even Jimmy’s guitar, John Paul’s bass and John’s drum kit on each pop number would be cool.

Agreed. The original pops look generic and a lot of good space there to work with.

#57 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Already done.
[quoted image]

I know. Lately my sarcasm has been going right over everybody's heads. I seriously need to fine tune my delivery.

#58 3 years ago

This is why I was really worried that Stern could pull off a LZ pin. The album art work is average at best. Nothing to really pull from, especially if their hands were tied on what they could use.

For me it is a disappointment, but I didn’t have much hope. Fine for on route, but don’t see this being a HUO pin.

I don’t envy anyone trying to come up with mods. You really don’t have much you can pull from either like Stern.

#59 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I know. Lately my sarcasm has been going right over everybody's heads. I seriously need to fine tune my delivery.

I actually got it. Why i upvoted you. I just wanted to rub it in.
Wait till i go birthday suit and throw wings on my fat body and post that pic.

#60 3 years ago

I actually got it. Why i upvoted you. I just wanted to rub it in.
Wait till i go birthday suit and throw wings on my fat body and post that pic.

I got it too. And I don't even like it.

#61 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I got it too. And I don't even like it.

I Know, That shooter rod package is Huge. Has to be the biggest shooter rod I've ever seen. I guess the rumors are true.

#62 3 years ago

I Know, That shooter rod package is Huge. Has to be the biggest shooter rod I've ever seen. I guess the rumors are true.

Are we talkin shooters or,,,,,,,,

#63 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

This is why I was really worried that Stern could pull off a LZ pin. The album art work is average at best. Nothing to really pull from, especially if their hands were tied on what they could use.
For me it is a disappointment, but I didn’t have much hope. Fine for on route, but don’t see this being a HUO pin.
I don’t envy anyone trying to come up with mods. You really don’t have much you can pull from either like Stern.

That's funny because it's more fun to play than any pinball machine you own.

#64 3 years ago

Hermit arrived today, looks awesome!
20210123_155024 (resized).jpg20210123_155024 (resized).jpg

#65 3 years ago

You can buy these tiny Jack Daniels bottles and strategically mount them wherever they will fit to give it that more authentic look.

download (resized).jpegdownload (resized).jpegk5lfhlv5wmxy (resized).jpgk5lfhlv5wmxy (resized).jpgJimmyJD_lores (resized).jpgJimmyJD_lores (resized).jpg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#66 3 years ago

And what would a Led Zeppelin pinball machine be without a bunch of horny little starstruck groupies?

88e9e54fbd03bcb423d7b49e7decbeb9 (resized).jpg88e9e54fbd03bcb423d7b49e7decbeb9 (resized).jpg
#67 3 years ago

Psychedelic crop circles for the pop bumpers could work.

BC52B282-4391-4A36-9ED0-0872494B9856 (resized).pngBC52B282-4391-4A36-9ED0-0872494B9856 (resized).png
#68 3 years ago

Great work lermods. Highly recommend your hermit !

20210124_111028 (resized).jpg20210124_111028 (resized).jpg
#69 3 years ago

Worked a new mod today, RGB illuminated Zeppelin. Stock Zeppelin with with RGB lighting underneath. Illuminates well under the Zeppelin area. Choose 15 colors or have it on a fading pattern.

PXL_20210125_215933437 (resized).jpgPXL_20210125_215933437 (resized).jpgPXL_20210125_215938083 (resized).jpgPXL_20210125_215938083 (resized).jpgPXL_20210125_220218260 (resized).jpgPXL_20210125_220218260 (resized).jpgPXL_20210125_220221916 (resized).jpgPXL_20210125_220221916 (resized).jpgPXL_20210125_220227484 (resized).jpgPXL_20210125_220227484 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#70 3 years ago

Prototype for an amp to cover the back panel flasher.

PXL_20210201_203914678 (resized).jpgPXL_20210201_203914678 (resized).jpgPXL_20210201_203951464 (resized).jpgPXL_20210201_203951464 (resized).jpg
#71 3 years ago

Nice!!

#72 3 years ago

ROCK ON with our New Led Zeppelin Custom 3D Rock Pop Bumper Drum Kit! For such an great game we needed every detail to be spot on in character for a rock band of this status. Complete kit includes (3) custom drum pops with new mount hardware. Each drum is hand assembled, painted, and detailed. Custom laser etched translucent Logo drum heads so the Explode with light vs the stock blacked out caps. Simply Awesome when they go off! Mahogany wood grain sides with steel polished pin assemblies! This kit is setup for ALL models. This drum kit looks awesome lighted or off with every detail covered. Available Now to ship from our website store. We appreciate your support and interest.

www.TheModCouplePinball.com

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg
#73 3 years ago

Pingulp decal...

PXL_20210202_004818560.PORTRAIT (resized).jpgPXL_20210202_004818560.PORTRAIT (resized).jpg
#74 3 years ago

Final version...up on our site.

PXL_20210202_204715036.NIGHT (resized).jpgPXL_20210202_204715036.NIGHT (resized).jpgPXL_20210202_204733948.NIGHT (resized).jpgPXL_20210202_204733948.NIGHT (resized).jpgPXL_20210202_204817010.NIGHT (resized).jpgPXL_20210202_204817010.NIGHT (resized).jpgPXL_20210202_204901236.NIGHT (resized).jpgPXL_20210202_204901236.NIGHT (resized).jpg
#75 3 years ago

Speaker Light Kits (3 different types to choose from) for Led Zeppelin are available as well as a suitable acrylic design set at

http://www.speakerlightkits.com

This particular picture is of my friends LE. They are not ones for showing off the LE speakers and prefer the fully lit speaker grills. So what they have is one of my Deluxe (Type 12) Speaker Light Kits, no speaker foam or plastic canvas directly behind the grill, BUT they have removed the LE blue metal speaker surrounds and added BLACK PLASTIC CANVAS (available at Amazon, eBay and many craft stores) in the back of the lit area (right in front of the speaker plates) to hide the speakers a bit.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

LZ T12 01 (resized).JPGLZ T12 01 (resized).JPGLZ T12 02 (resized).JPGLZ T12 02 (resized).JPG
2 weeks later
#76 3 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Speaker Light Kits (3 different types to choose from) for Led Zeppelin are available as well as a suitable acrylic design set at
This particular picture is of my friends LE. They are not ones for showing off the LE speakers and prefer the fully lit speaker grills. So what they have is one of my Deluxe (Type 12) Speaker Light Kits, no speaker foam or plastic canvas directly behind the grill, BUT they have removed the LE blue metal speaker surrounds and added BLACK PLASTIC CANVAS (available at Amazon, eBay and many craft stores) in the back of the lit area (right in front of the speaker plates) to hide the speakers a bit.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks very nice
For us in Europe, is it possible to order the LZ acrylics from any reseller? (shipping cost)

#77 3 years ago
Quoted from BruketFans:

Looks very nice
For us in Europe, is it possible to order the LZ acrylics from any reseller? (shipping cost)

If any resellers carry the design or not is up to them. Currently no resellers have requested them. They are free to order them from me if they would like.

My 0-2lb shipping price to Europe is currently $25.50. This will usually cover 2 light kits with acrylic designs and any small accessories needed. If a person is just ordering an acrylic design....you will be charged that same $25.50 BUT if the designs arrive to you in good condition...you can contact me and I will refund the shipping overage (currently $9.31).

This may seem strange, but I got burnt refunding the shipping right away and then get news that the acrylic did not arrive or arrived damaged...then I am reaching in my pocket to correct that issue and losing money overall on the transaction. Believe me, I do my best when packing an order and I want it to arrive in good condition, but I can not take that kind of loss to correct an issue with an acrylic only order. I do my best to get international customers the lowest shipping price available.

So if you are only ordering an acrylic design for Europe....you should accept that $25.50 is the shipping price when purchasing, but hopefully it will arrive without issue and you can contact me and let me know and get that refund for the shipping.

#78 3 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Will you be making an acrylic for the type 13 kit?

#80 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:Will you be making an acrylic for the type 13 kit?

Nothing specifically for the type 13 kits (besides the 5.25" surrounds). Of course you can mount the other acrylic designs in front of a type 13 light kits if you would choose to, but that's really not taken into consideration when the acrylic designs are being made. When designing the SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kits I realized that a design mounted behind the panel gets lost in the honeycomb grill and even the speaker cone. Unless it's an extremely bold and non detailed design...it largely gets lost in visual clutter mounted behind the grills.

*Led Zep design in front of a Type 13 Speaker Light Kit. Turquoise surround pictured, though the Light Blue surrounds match the LZ LE trim color much closer if that is what you are going for.

T13 crop on resize (resized).jpgT13 crop on resize (resized).jpg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#81 3 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

If any resellers carry the design or not is up to them. Currently no resellers have requested them. They are free to order them from me if they would like.
My 0-2lb shipping price to Europe is currently $25.50. This will usually cover 2 light kits with acrylic designs and any small accessories needed. If a person is just ordering an acrylic design....you will be charged that same $25.50 BUT if the designs arrive to you in good condition...you can contact me and I will refund the shipping overage (currently $9.31).
This may seem strange, but I got burnt refunding the shipping right away and then get news that the acrylic did not arrive or arrived damaged...then I am reaching in my pocket to correct that issue and losing money overall on the transaction. Believe me, I do my best when packing an order and I want it to arrive in good condition, but I can not take that kind of loss to correct an issue with an acrylic only order. I do my best to get international customers the lowest shipping price available.
So if you are only ordering an acrylic design for Europe....you should accept that $25.50 is the shipping price when purchasing, but hopefully it will arrive without issue and you can contact me and let me know and get that refund for the shipping.

Thanks for quick reply, sounds better/smarter to order a complete kit instead

#82 3 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Nothing specifically for the type 13 kits (besides the 5.25" surrounds). Of course you can mount the other acrylic designs in front of a type 13 light kits if you would choose to, but that's really not taken into consideration when the acrylic designs are being made. When designing the SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kits I realized that a design mounted behind the panel gets lost in the honeycomb grill and even the speaker cone. Unless it's an extremely bold and non detailed design...it largely gets lost in visual clutter mounted behind the grills.
*Led Zep design in front of a Type 13 Speaker Light Kit. Turquoise surround pictured, though the Light Blue surrounds match the LZ LE trim color much closer if that is what you are going for.
[quoted image]

No way to make that acrylic smaller to fit better? I like the design but want to stick with the round speaker. I have your kits in all my machines, they look and work great.

#83 3 years ago
Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

A few videos from our hologram topper.

where can i find a price on these.

#84 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

No way to make that acrylic smaller to fit better? I like the design but want to stick with the round speaker. I have your kits in all my machines, they look and work great.

I wouldn't consider it being shrunk down as fitting better. I don't think it will look as good being smaller and mounted on the large rectangle grill area. As it is...the etched area of the design that should be back lit fits nicely in the backlit area made by the type 13 light kit (as pictured above). Having said that, making it smaller may make the install easier for some people, as you should be able to just remove the speaker and speaker surround to mount it as long as your game already has the 5.25" speaker plates installed (making mounting the shrunk down design easier to install for LE owners). This design, as it normally is, requires a person to remove the entire speaker plate to mount them. That is due to the mounting holes on the design not being in the speaker hole area, where they could otherwise be accessed.

Are you also buying a light kit? If so, as long as you pre-pay and are patient while it is custom made for you, I could have it shrunk down at no additional charge. Just e-mail me at [email protected] and let me know what size you would like the design.

I have design customizations done fairly often, though it is usually people wanting my regular designs in different colors or materials and not having them resized as you are asking about.

Feel free to contact me and ask any questions and I'm glad to hear you like my light kits.

#87 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

can anyone access this site my computer is telling me to F O

$299, on sale for $249

#88 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

$299, on sale for $249

thank you

#89 3 years ago

Hey all-hot off the presses are some great Led Zeppelin mods from the ULEK store.

Custom drumstick flipper toppers available in multiple colors

Custom engraved drumsticks(cheap)

https://www.ulekstore.com/
GEDC6420 (resized).JPGGEDC6420 (resized).JPG
GEDC6415 (resized).JPGGEDC6415 (resized).JPG
GEDC6409 (resized).JPGGEDC6409 (resized).JPGGEDC6405 (resized).JPGGEDC6405 (resized).JPG

GEDC6397 (resized).JPGGEDC6397 (resized).JPG
#90 3 years ago

Coindropper made some really awesome free custom cards for Led Zeppelin and here is the link....

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-apron-cards-printable-versions-only/page/23#

LZ Instruction card (resized).jpgLZ Instruction card (resized).jpgLZ songs card (resized).jpgLZ songs card (resized).jpg
#91 3 years ago

Working on a new topper

Video can be found here

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-led-zeppelin-topper#post-6168298

20210304_200241 (resized).jpg20210304_200241 (resized).jpg20210304_200305 (resized).jpg20210304_200305 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#92 3 years ago

Crickets in this thread.
Who's working on some sling shot replacements ?, hopefully with album covers.

2 months later
#93 2 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

BTW if you really had to have HOT WHEELS on your Led Zep game you can get a set of FOUR off ebay for HALF what someone else is selling just ONE. Apparently there is five different Zep hot wheels.
ebay.com link: Hot Wheels Led Zeppelin Haulin Gas Super Van Combat Medic Mini Hiway Hauler
Here is a pair SAME TWO as shown on this thread for only $14.95. I don't want mods for a game that you can simply buy yourself off amazon or ebay I want ones you create on your own custom to something the game actually needs.
ebay.com link: HOT WHEELS LED ZEPPELIN COMBAT MEDIC HAULIN GAS SET OF 2 CARS
If I want to hot wheels I can buy both of the ones shown for 15 bucks.
Lets get some mods going that actually makes the game off the chain... I got a CRAZY IDEA.
What is you added a LCD strip to the Zeppelin much like the Goodyear Blimp shows messages... it could show all kinds of 70's images.
Now that would be cool!

That's what I did... before seeing this. Also, check out the Big Ben Mod for this game

#94 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

We are going with the illuminated drum head direction to loose a few of the Icarus redundant images. Should have them in the store today as soon as stock is ready to ship.
[quoted image]

Can these come in a goldish or purple translucent top skin?

#95 2 years ago
Quoted from RKip455:

Can these come in a goldish or purple translucent top skin?

We used an opaque white as the lamp below the drum is RGB so we wanted the games selected colors to shine through.

#96 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

We used an opaque white as the lamp below the drum is RGB so we wanted the games selected colors to shine through.

Mine aren't RGB... not stock pop bumper bulbs. Confused on which lamp. But I would also prefer a different skin... did you think of using LED for the three covers?

#97 2 years ago

Ok... IMHO this is the best mod for the game... perfect for the corner. I installed this first. But you can see I also have modded Pop Bumper covers... would really like the drum covers by Mod Couple if they had the LED or something other than 3 band member (vs four) images
bigben2 (resized).jpgbigben2 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 97 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zep-mod-thread/page/2?hl=rkip455 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.