Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Led-Zep-3-album-cover1.jpg
Diablo_3_logo_dark.jpg
nerds.jpg
black-sabbath.jpg
devo.jpg
There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

Anyone hear any different rumors that Zep may be back on?

#2 11 years ago

That would be painful to hear for me because I may have to sell SM if Zep were to be made and turned out to be a great game

#3 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Anyone hear any different rumors that Zep may be back on?

I think the concept is still hanging from the Gallows Pole.

#4 11 years ago

rumor should be a four letter word.

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

rumor should be a four letter word.

They always are.
If its crazy wrong its (DUMB)
If its right and you have to scramble for a new game its oh! (F*&*)

#6 11 years ago

I'm in on Zep if they make it...

#7 11 years ago

I'd love a Led Zeppelin machine, but Jimmy Page is always extremely hesitant to license the music. It would be incredible though, and much, much better than Metallica.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

I'm in on Zep if they make it...

I think they made a rollercoaster.

#9 11 years ago

It would be very surprising if Zep licensed a pin - they license very very little. That said, they or Pink Floyd would be ripe with material to use for both music and artwork.

#10 11 years ago

I'm sure the people that 'claim' to be in the know..will chime in.

Then just the oppisit of what these people say is what will probably happen

#11 11 years ago

LED ZEP would be my first NIB purchase for sure. If they ever made a GRATEFUL DEAD pin, I would buy 2 for myself. That would be the greatest theme ever on a pin, IMHO!

#12 11 years ago

I must be one of the lucky ones. I got to see them both play live! Worked up a bigger sweat at Metallica (And Justice for All tour) two nights in a row!

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I'd love a Led Zeppelin machine, but Jimmy Page is always extremely hesitant to license the music.

This.

I'm putting this squarely in the "no way" column.

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from wizzardz:

It would be very surprising if Zep licensed a pin -

Quoted from Monster_Bash:

I'm sure the people that 'claim' to be in the know..will chime in.

Well the word was originally it was Zep and then because of issues went to Metallica. Today someone mentioned Zep was back on. Again not anything solid just thrown out there.
What got me wondering is that Zep just released this new film and has been promoting like crazy so suddenly a small window of marketing appears. All hope although I don't have the space or budget…those will happen though if its true.

#15 11 years ago

Black Sabbath NIB?

#16 11 years ago

Metallica

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I think they made a rollercoaster.

Yep in Myrtle Beach. Due to the high licensing fees, the park went belly up and was sold at auction soon after.

Zep won't license the music. Won't happen. This is why you don't see Zeppelin tunes in any commercials like Aerosmith, The Who, Stones etc. They don't do that.

#18 11 years ago

Stern could reuse AC/DC for for a grateful dead pin.

Casey Jones Ramp

Bell could be a dead head

Jam multiball could have all kinds of different and random Jams

Make a few layout changes and remove the cannon and you'd still have a fun as hell pin with a diff theme

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I must be one of the lucky ones. I got to see them both play live! Worked up a bigger sweat at Metallica (And Justice for All tour) two nights in a row!

Never saw Zep, but saw Metallica at least 3 times The Dead too many times to count and even saw Pink floyd. Any of those four pins would rock and would be my first Stern.

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Yep in Myrtle Beach. Due to the high licensing fees, the park went belly up and was sold at auction soon after

Anyone ride it?

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Anyone ride it?

Saw it. Didn't ride.

#22 11 years ago

i know there is more zepplin in commercials than floyd or dead.
remember the cadillac commercial.
all 3 would be good themes if done well.

kj

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from zippydapinhead:

Never saw Zep, but saw Metallica at least 3 times The Dead too many times to count and even saw Pink floyd. Any of those four pins would rock and would be my first Stern.

Shortly after seeing Zep, I went to an early Priest show at a small club in Hollywood (The Starwood, Hell Bent tour). Now THAT took things to a whole nuther level!

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I must be one of the lucky ones. I got to see them both play live!

Me too. Got to see Metallica play on the back of a flatbed truck in the parking lot of a Tower Records right down the street from me. Me and the kids rode our bikes there. Saw Zep at the coliseum.

This is why you don't see Zeppelin tunes in any commercials like Aerosmith, The Who, Stones etc. They don't do that.

Yes they do.

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I went to an early Priest show

Saw the Priest on Screaming tour and Turbo. They rocked hard! That would be an AWESOME pin!

#26 11 years ago
#27 11 years ago

As I mentioned in another thread, Zep's licensing is done by the same company as Metallica. And TRS, Guns and Roses and ZZ Top. See any pattern there?

I'd like to see Stern pull a fast one this time and keep everyone guessing right up to the end. HEAR THAT STERN? CAN YOU GUYS KEEP A SECRET FOR ONCE?

IMO, Green Day (same licensing company), has better music for pinball and more pinball cred. While Metallica had a custom pin made (best conversion ever), anyone with money can do that. Members of Green Day have been seen at Berkley Mac's. That's major pinball cred.

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Anyone ride it?

Saw it. Didn't ride.

If you're interested in trying something similar, there are 3 other Bolliger & Mabillard (company that designed / built that Zep coaster) sit-down types like it in the US;

Kumba at Bush Gardens in Tampa, FL
Incredible Hulk at Islands of Adventure in Orlando, FL
Wildfire at Silver Dollar City in Branson, MO

I've ridden all three, and they're great fun. Hulk has an accelerated launch that's very unique.

Later,
EV

#29 11 years ago

One of the topcasts interviewed a pinball designer talking about how a zeppelin pin almost happened, and then it was scrapped when they realized it would take too long because the rights holders only review licensing once a quarter, and any changes would have to be re-reviewed 3 months later. From a developing standpoint, this would be a money killer. Only way for this to happen is if it was slowly developed in the background and a representative 3d model rendering was approved, and the production scheduled only after the license goes through.

#30 11 years ago

ZEP > Metallica by far for my money!!!

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

If you're interested in trying something similar, there are 3 other Bolliger & Mabillard (company that designed / built that Zep coaster) sit-down types like it in the US;

Ride this!

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

Me too. Got to see Metallica play on the back of a flatbed truck in the parking lot of a Tower Records right down the street from me. Me and the kids rode our bikes there. Saw Zep at the coliseum.

Yes they do.
» YouTube video

Forgot about that one! You're right. Saw an in depth on CBS Sunday Morning (of all places) and Page talked about licensing a little.

Zep pinball would be better than anything else. (Hammer of the Gods!) But I'd be shocked if it happened.

#33 11 years ago

I would love to see either one done well. Either way though, I am a bit disappointed it is the last DMD and will not be LCD there could be some really cool features using an LCD with a music pin.

#34 11 years ago

Not sure Zeppelin music would work as well as Metallica for pinball... for the same reason that Rolling Stones didn't work out all that well.

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Not sure Zeppelin music would work as well as Metallica for pinball

Anthrax would! Caught in a mosh multiball anyone?

#36 11 years ago

Forgot about that one! You're right. Saw an in depth on CBS Sunday Morning (of all places) and Page talked about licensing a little.

Zep pinball would be better than anything else. (Hammer of the Gods!) But I'd be shocked if it happened.

I'm tempted to agree. As Jack Black said on the Kennedy Center Honors recently, Zep is the greatest rock band of all time. Better than the Beatles, better than the Stones, better than Tenacious D. What worries me is that it might not be a good game. It has to be perfect.

Today is Jimmy Page's 69th birthday. On the Kennedy Center Honors, they called him rock's premiere virtuoso. Hell yes. Check out Yo Yo Ma and the Obama's rocking out to Stairway.

#37 11 years ago

How about we pick a band that still has all of its surviving members....

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

How about we pick a band that still has all of its surviving members....

Cuz most of those bands suck!!!
You can't acheive rock legend status until at least one of your founding members kicks the bucket.
RIP John.... now bring me a ZEP pin pronto! I would line up around the block for this pin but would really fear that Stern would drop the ball on it.

#39 11 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Black Sabbath NIB?

Sabbath IS working on a reunion album with Rick Rubin as the producer...

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

I would line up around the block for this pin but would really fear that Stern would drop the ball on it.

hey hey, what can you do - when has stern EVER dropped the ball

#41 11 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Ride this!» YouTube video

Rode it back when it was yellow and hot pink and just called "X". Bad-ass ride, indeed!

Slightly back OT, it doesn't matter what classic rock/metal band they choose for a pin, I'm still uninterested.

DEVO on the other hand? I'm all in for that....

Later,
EV

#42 11 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

Cuz most of those bands suck!!!
You can't acheive rock legend status until at least one of your founding members kicks the bucket.
RIP John.... now bring me a ZEP pin pronto! I would line up around the block for this pin but would really fear that Stern would drop the ball on it.

If there is a Green Day pin I'll have to give up Pinball altogether.

#43 11 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

DEVO on the other hand? I'm all in for that....

It's just a pin, just a pin, a pin u want.

#44 11 years ago

Zep is one of my favorite bands along with Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Pink Floyd, et al. Groundbreaking and timeless music, but I don't think it would translate to a pinball machine.

ACDC is a no-brainer. Pure adrenalin. Metallica? Not a fan of their newer tunes, but this could translate into a great game. Longer, 'trippier' tunes from Floyd or Zep do not transition as effectively. Can you imagine rocking out a game to 'Comfortably Numb?' Getting a multi-ball during 'Babe I'm Going To Leave You?'

Once again, love classic rock and play my vinyl with pride. Just not sold on Zep.

#45 11 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

DEVO on the other hand? I'm all in for that...

Honestly, the best live show I ever saw (maybe it was the shroomies)!

#46 11 years ago

LZ, BS or Metallica are all fine by me. Do them all.

I doubt lz would happen and if it did I have my doubts any music would be allowed in it.

Sabbath already has a pinball tie in. NIB or nativity in black.

Still hoping its Metallica though cuz the faster music seems to suit pinball more. Really enjoyed the custom Metallica earth shaker conversion.

#47 11 years ago

It's just a pin, just a pin, a pin u want.

Damn straight!

Tell me these hats don't look like pop bumper caps....

Later,
EV

devo.jpgdevo.jpg

#48 11 years ago

BTW, N.I.B. was named after Bill Ward's goatee. Not Nativity In Black.

Sabbath rules!

black-sabbath.jpgblack-sabbath.jpg

#49 11 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

Tell me these hats don't look like pop bumper caps....

Ya know, it might just work!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 149.00
$ 25.50
$ 29.95
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zep-instead-of-metallica and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.