View topic image gallery

IMG_0087.JPG
IMG_0086.JPG
IMG_0089.JPG
IMG_0088.JPG
IMG_0084.JPG
IMG_0419.jpg
#1 12 years ago

Can anyone give me some insight on where I can tap into for this led strip. It is for my SS and I want to light up my topper. I would love for it to flash with something. I am willing to play around I just dont want to break anything.
I assume each colored wire is for those colored led's. So, no ground?

IMG_0419.jpgIMG_0419.jpg

#2 12 years ago

Did it come with any type of control box, or just the strip by itself?

#3 12 years ago

I just bought the strip. I know they have control boxes and power supplies for them. I just thought maybe I could just tap into something like how most mods install.

#4 12 years ago

The Black wire goes to the Ground on a Flasher soldier lug , install the black and a colored wire on the same Flasher . The other wire's are to be installed on other Flasher's.. The Black is used ONLY 1- Time . Have the pin in Flasher test while you try.. I installed the Led Strip's under my BSD..
You Will need some spare wire to make the Attachment's..

#5 12 years ago

Thanks for the response BR. I have no black wire. I have white, green, blue, red, which are the options of lights this strip lights up. I wonder if it is designed to work with their power adaptor and color changing remote only.
I can call Chris on tuesday at Cointaker. Just thought it could be hard wired.

#6 12 years ago

So it's a Cointaker item... Yr stumped !! Hell, call him NOW !!

#7 12 years ago

I used led strips from auto zone. I put them in the rear of my wh20 . I hooked the back to ground and red to 12v .

#8 12 years ago

There should be an unused 12v power source on a 4 pin molex connector near the coin door on B/W pins. There used to be a thread on here about it. Found it. Thokennedy used Pinballlife's Stern under cab lighting on his B/Ws.

Quoted from thokennedy:

So for WPC games, you can use J4 on the coin door board (pin 1 is power ground and 4 is the 12v). I ended up replacing the connector on the light unit with a 4 pin IDC connector and just plugged that right into the board.

Aren't flashers 20v?

#9 12 years ago

I guess my question is more towards the strip itself so I left Chris at CT a message. He will answer when he can I am sure. I may go to Auto zone tomorrow and see what they have as well. Elvira needs her spotlight.
Thanks guys!

#10 12 years ago

Coasterguy auto zone one have only two wires. Easy to hook up. Like sealclubber said back box has 12v empty places to add.took me 10 minutes with a multiple meter.

#11 12 years ago

Yea , Be Careful in the head.. But there are several spot's to get 12 v ,, Don't get shocked !!

#12 12 years ago

Post pics when you get it done.

#13 12 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

I installed the Led Strip's under my BSD..

That looks sweet as black rose. I didnt even know this product existed.

#14 12 years ago
Quoted from mickthepin:

That looks sweet as Black Rose. I didnt even know this product existed

no doubt. that is a really rad mod. my buddy has the light changing flipper button led's installed on his funhouse...kind of reminds me of that effect.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#15 12 years ago

Chris called me back tonight. What a great guy for our hobby.
Turns out the White wire is the hot then I can just ground any of the other colors to the positive of any flasher or 12 volt to get it lit. Pretty cool for $9.95. You have the options of it lit white, Red, Green or Blue. Im gonna use a nifty little set of White LEDS I got at autozone (Thanks Tat) to keep her lit all of the time. Then I am gonna use the Strip to have her flash red, blue or green with different aspects of the game. Probably wont get it done till next weekend now though.

#16 12 years ago

Definitely post some pics when you're done!

Tat - are the Autozone strips long enough to use as lighting under the cabinet, our did you use them for something else?

#17 12 years ago

Autozone has a ton of options.... Cheap too. Cointakers color changing strips by the foot are amazing though. I'll post pic when done

#18 12 years ago

Just took a look at their website - I see a lot of possibilities. Looks like I'm going to have to run down there and see what they have in stock!

#19 12 years ago

Have one of those on a recently acquired Space Shuttle. The Previous Owner put the led strip on , but spray painted the cab, didn't fix one of the score displays, coin door lock upside down, power cord through a hole in the bottom of the cab, 2 spring clips installed instead of the 2 bolts required to stop the backbox from folding up, lots of overspray on apron, circuit boards, spayed over the old Williams labels, got superglue fingerprints over new playfield plastics. But, wow! The led strip overcomes all the negatives! Now to figure out if I can find use for the LED strip...

3 months later
#20 12 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Autozone has a ton of options.... Cheap too. Cointakers color changing strips by the foot are amazing though. I'll post pic when done

Hey CoasterGuy,

Just wondering if you ever got this setup.

#21 12 years ago

Man u caught me. Yes I have.
I added Cointakers strip under my Elvira topper which flashes red with JACKPOT. I also added two small strips from autozone in white to keep her lit up at all times 12+. Then I added two reds to the back of the back box as well from autozone that blink with the red on top.
I tapped 12+ at near the coin door. And I tapped Jackpot for the RED strips. It works great. Sorry I forgot about this post. Here are some pics guys.

IMG_0084.JPGIMG_0084.JPG IMG_0088.JPGIMG_0088.JPG IMG_0089.JPGIMG_0089.JPG

#22 12 years ago

and

IMG_0086.JPGIMG_0086.JPG IMG_0087.JPGIMG_0087.JPG

#23 12 years ago

Looks great. Those babies can't be real, must be silicone

#24 12 years ago

You should diffuse the front light so it doesn't cast so many shadows on the wall...
Other than that, good job coast!

#25 12 years ago

Awesome. Love the topper.

#26 12 years ago

Looks awesome!

I did the undercab kit from CT for T2.

#27 12 years ago

That's awesome!

#28 12 years ago

Sideshow makes great statues. they have an optimus prime that is A M A Z I N G ! but crazy expensive.

#29 12 years ago

Great topper CG, simple and tasteful. looks really cool!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

£ 49.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

£ 38.00
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 249.00
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

£ 49.00
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
£ 37.00
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-strip-install and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.