3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by PinRob
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider LORDDREK.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

I have been eyeing this mod for a little bit and am ready to proceed. After researching product I have more questions than answers. So here goes:

1) I have colored posts (Orange) but am unsure what sort of richness/brightness variation there is with colored LEDs vs. white. Seen a few online pics but it is hard to see any difference with this color choice.

2) Of course in my search I find the LED kits from GLM that I guess are no longer available. These appear to have had a 3 wire setup where not only would they light the post but could flash when triggered by a bumper or kicker. That looks amazing. I suppose I could settle for a GL to do the flashing if I had to. Any comparable products or solutions for this type of mod?

3) My game is Judge Dredd and it has a full LED kit already but at what point do I need to think of an additional power supply? I was told that since it originally had lamps power is not an issue. But I have lots of lighting plans and maybe a separate power source helps hooking up various stuff? I don’t know.

That’s all I can think of right now. Thanks in advance for any replies!

#4 3 years ago

Yeah I am probably going with Comets matrix kits. Are there any GI bulbs that Stay lit but I could wire to flash when a kicker is hit or do I need a dedicated bulb? That would give me all the effects I am looking for.

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinRob:

Very pricey, but these are the best as they fit inside the star post. http://www.pinballdecals.com/LightedStarPostsPage.html
    Don’t over stress Judge Dredd’s power driver board.

Can you steer me toward info on recognizing and dealing with this potential driver board stress?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider LORDDREK.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-starpost-options?tu=LORDDREK and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.