Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by dsuperbee
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

splint01b.jpg
    Led_Post_Flasher_.JPG
    Led_Post_Flasher.JPG
    #1 12 years ago

What do you think of LED star posts

#2 12 years ago

I have some red ones hooked up on my RFM that are illuminated and flash with the slings firing. I love them, especially since it makes the saucers look like they have tractor beams firing down to the playfield.

#3 12 years ago

Yellow ones on my FT. no flashing. very nice!
    Defiantly getting more for my new baby

#4 12 years ago

I think they're really cool. Been thinking about adding some to my TZ.

#5 12 years ago

I have blue on tz an they rock!

#6 12 years ago

I like them. They can add some nice light on a dark pf.

I changed the black star posts on JM to blue and added a few cool white lighted star posts. Turned out nice

#7 12 years ago

I installed 3 under each Sling-shot on BSD . Wired them on to the Coil !!

and also a Video show-n Post flasher's under the Clear post's of the mini-P/F of TZ by: Shanetastic

Led_Post_Flasher.JPGLed_Post_Flasher.JPG Led_Post_Flasher_.JPGLed_Post_Flasher_.JPG

#8 12 years ago

I keep meaning to buy one to see but I really don't know where I would want to put them on any machine I own, might be a touch too much for my tastes.

Then I saw someone had posted where they put them on the exit of their powerfield in TZ and that looked pretty sweet. <----as seen above whilst I was posting this.

#9 12 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Video show-n Post flasher's under the Clear post's of the mini-P/F by: Shanetastic

I was very pleased with how those turned out. It really adds to the overall impact when you battle the power! These are wired into the eyeball flasher.

I was also thinking about installing UV star posts for the outer two at the exit side of the mini playfield, wired to the GI in the lamp. I have a UV super flex in the lamp over the back of the mini playfield, but it doesn't give off enough light to get the bottom half of the playfield. Hopefully, that would even it out some.

#10 12 years ago
    Quoted from shanetastic:

BLACK_ROSE said:Video show-n Post flasher's under the Clear post's of the mini-P/F by: Shanetastic
    I was very pleased with how those turned out. It really adds to the overall impact when you battle the power! These are wired into the eyeball flasher.
    I was also thinking about installing UV star posts for the outer two at the exit side of the mini playfield, wired to the GI in the lamp. I have a UV super flex in the lamp over the back of the mini playfield, but it doesn't give off enough light to get the bottom half of the playfield. Hopefully, that would even it out some.

I really like how Jeri Ellsworth connected her mini-pf post LEDs to reed switches so they light with the magna flips. While I'm mentioning it, anyone have any ideas on what kind of reed switch that requires?

#11 12 years ago

Never seen them in person, but they seem like they could be cool. I like the application in the mini pf on TZ.

#12 12 years ago

I have 4 of the Cointaker ones on my AFM. Hooked up to the flashers behind the MARTIANS...They are really cool!!

Phoebe

#13 12 years ago

I found just replacing the star posts with new ones as long as there's a colorful LED light next to them was almost as good. I have red lit start posts on AFM and will not be doing the other machines.

#14 12 years ago

Great Lakes Modular makes this interface board, which is nice for hooking up multiple LED star posts.

splint01b.jpgsplint01b.jpg

#15 12 years ago

BR..With the LED's added, I'm assuming it adds a slight bit to the stack height. I don't have 3 star posts, only 1 per area. Figured the plastics would dip a bit, due to the stack height....

7 months later
    #16 11 years ago

I have blue ones on all the clear posts in my funhouse and they look great. Brightens up the lower playfield.

#17 11 years ago

Anyone know if the GLM board will work with CoinTaker's posts? I picked up a handful of their star posts for my Xenon and once the playfield comes back will want to wire them up!

#18 11 years ago

They're great!

I hook them up to slings and pop bumpers for extra flash.

#19 11 years ago

I think they're too friggin' expensive.

#20 11 years ago

I had two GLM led star post boards go bad. (I ended up fixing it myself..) Emailed them twice. no reply. F them.

They look sweet but i'll try the cointaker brand next batch I buy.

#21 11 years ago

How do you wire them to the coil sling coil? Which side is positive?

#22 11 years ago

I have been goofing with them in my FH. The video below is of poor quality, but you can kind of see what I did:

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-star-post and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.