New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 264209)

LED shortage?

By cottonm4

7 months ago

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 months ago by Lostcause
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 months ago

I heard there could be a shortage of LEDs. I have not been able to verify it, though. Anybody else hear of this?

#2 7 months ago

Stop.

Please stop.

It seems Everyone outthere is freaking out about shortages with TP, cleaning supplies, etc...

Trying to cause a a lame led panics is a poor idea at best, even if it is meant to be funny.

#3 7 months ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

I heard there could be a shortage of LEDs.

This is the best news I have heard in over two weeks.

#4 7 months ago
    Quoted from o-din:

This is the best news I have heard in over two weeks.

Enjoy

#5 7 months ago

At the moment my main board supplier seems to be back in business, and I am getting shipments again. At work, most of our suppliers in China are responding again and shipments have basically resumed with very few exceptions. So any supply-chain hiccups from China will be already resolving. Since most businesses should have planned for the down-time of Chinese New Year, I doubt we'll see anything more than a brief hiccup at most.

I'm mainly just seeing US sources right now that are notifying of potential interruptions for electronics components, but no actual supply issues. We seem to be getting all our orders on schedule at the moment.

-Hans

#6 7 months ago

Need to get some led's in that game

#7 7 months ago
    Quoted from HHaase:

At the moment my main board supplier seems to be back in business, and I am getting shipments again. At work, most of our suppliers in China are responding again and shipments have basically resumed with very few exceptions. So any supply-chain hiccups from China will be already resolving. Since most businesses should have planned for the down-time of Chinese New Year, I doubt we'll see anything more than a brief hiccup at most.
    I'm mainly just seeing US sources right now that are notifying of potential interruptions for electronics components, but no actual supply issues. We seem to be getting all our orders on schedule at the moment.
    -Hans

I was thinking the same thing. The virus outbreak and it's spread was made worse by their holiday travels, but then again...an unexpected 2 - 3 week shutdown would have caused way more supply issues if the shutdown wouldn't have been tacked onto the end of their holiday break.

I'm expecting for many Chinese companies, the weeks following the Lunar New Year holiday is normally their slowest weeks in the year (as many people ordering from them have already prepared and placed their orders to be finished and shipped before their normal holiday shutdown). So when they did return after the extended holiday / virus shutdown....it was probably not to crazy with back orders or new orders coming in.

PS: Standard SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kits are now back in stock.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

#8 7 months ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

Stop.
    Please stop.
    It seems Everyone outthere is freaking out about shortages with TP, cleaning supplies, etc...
    Trying to cause a a lame led panics is a poor idea at best, even if it is meant to be funny.

It was not meant to be funny.

#9 7 months ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

It was not meant to be funny.

It was a little dangerous of a post though. Rumors like this could cause rioting on Pinside!

#10 7 months ago

my supplier will start shipping leds at the end of March.

#11 7 months ago
    Quoted from Bax1:

Need to get some led's in that game

Yes but then I will need an ocd & GI board to make it look right, that will cost me here in the UK.
    Maybe one day. My others pins are all led but with ocd and Afterglow boards for dimming.
    Love leds but strobe effect without ocd etc looks bad to me plus it helps heat my room

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 95.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 395.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    M&M Mods
    $ 265.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The Art of Pinball
    $ 289.00
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Lighting - Interactive
    TheDudeMods
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 67.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 50.00
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 24.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    Various Other Swag
    Shoot Again Pinball
    $ 41.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 20.00
    Various Novelties
    GC Pinball
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 219.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 10.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 19.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 25.00
    Displays
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    COINTAKER.COM
    $ 79.99
    Great American Pinball
    £ 45.00
    Lighting - Other
    PinballToys
    $ 12.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 38.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 79.99
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside