• 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by jlbintn
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6867 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jlbintn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 1 year ago

Not really a big fan, but.... was thinking about some in the backbox, to reduce heating and to brighten up just a little bit, e.g., Game Over, player up indicator.

I tried some warm white LED's behind Game Over, and they do look good, not a significant difference, but a difference nonetheless. Problem is, they flicker on and off every time a coil activates. I have heard that there are LED's that can handle this load. Don't want to, and will not, put diodes on every coil just for a couple of bulbs. I have no plan whatsoever to put LED's under the playfield.

I do have two flasher LED's installed for attract mode. No issues with them.

Any suggestions on bulbs that would resolve the flashing I see?

Thanks in advance.

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballboy:

Eh i dont know, it depends on what you would like. It definitely would decrease heat but the warm glow of the regular bulbs is something that can’t be replaced. If it were a fireball two i would say go for it.

I went all LED in the backbox on my Fireball II. My wife said it best: Wow!

With Fireball, it's really just a subtle look I would like, but don't need. You are so on target correct about the warm look that standard bulbs give on a game this age.

I have to break out the camera and the tripod and do some proper photography, but this is the main game room as it looks right now with a cheap Android picture

IMG_6867 (resized).jpgIMG_6867 (resized).jpg
#9 1 year ago

Comets arrived today. Game Over flicker issue is resolved. Tried one in Player 1 and one of the GI lights on the backbox.... just a tiny bit of flicker, but no distinct flashing. Decided to stick with incandescent bulbs for now. Put comets in Tilt and Game Over sockets. I may put them in the Match row, just didn't get there today.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shawnee, KS
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

$ 20.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jlbintn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-s-in-fireball-?tu=jlbintn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.