Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20150111_201246.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zacaj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Just picked up a T2, and am considering converting the inserts to LEDs, but I had a few questions:

1. I've read about some machines having ghosting issues that are fixed once you patch your roms. Is there any way to tell if my roms have already been patched? I don't have any of the equipment necessary to patch them, so if they haven't would that be a deal breaker? It already has LED GI, and they flicker when you turn the GI down in the Test menu, does that mean anything?

2. Does anyone have a comparison image for using white LEDs under inserts vs using colored LEDs? It seems people generally recommend using color matched LEDs, but I'm not sure if it's necessary, and I've seen a lot of machines where I felt the inserts were 'too' vibrant, which I'd like to avoid (I just want my inserts to be easy to see and evenly lit), and I'm not sure if that was caused by the color matching or just because the LEDs were too bright

3. How big of an insert warrants a 3x LED over a 1x for fairly even coverage? would the ~2.5x1.5 inch rectangular inserts be big enough that a 1x wouldn't work?

I don't really want to order a sample set or anything, since I want to do this cheaply. I don't want to go dropping even $100 on LEDs or anything, and the only reason I'm considering it is because I saw that I could get 70 LEDs from pinball life for ~$22, and just buying the amount of #555s I'd need would run me half that, so basically I just want to order whatever's 'safest'.

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from ff6735:

Just a bit of advice with the ones you're considering.......you get what you pay for.

Do you mean they won't be as high quality as the ones that cost $1+ a piece, or that they're defective? I know they might not look as good as they could, I just want something that looks better than the half burnt out, dirty incandescents I've got right now

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

if you buy the cheapest bulbs, they will ghost noticeably on T2.

Is this because of the rom bug that the patching would fix, or do I just need to get non-ghosting no matter what?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Boards
Slap Save Creations

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 12.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 21.95
$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.95
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zacaj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-questions-1?tu=zacaj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.