Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Decat
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Decat.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 10 years ago

CoinTaker premium frosted ALL THE WAY!!!!!

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Someone above suggested using premiums in GI. This is a total waste of money. Premium bulbs are cointakers term for non ghosting. Other than having no ghosting circuitry, the underlying light is identical to the ghost-able counterpart. Except GI does not ghost, so its a waste of money to use non ghosting bulbs in a "cannot ghost" environment.

Gonna have to agree to disagree. I have found that the premium perform much better when the GI dims, and last longer for me personally. Not a waste of money for Premium Frosted in my opinion.

I also personally love the look of "cool white" as opposed to any other color for GI and think it makes any machine look newer, and well taken care of no matter what age of the machine. I have an EM with frosted cool whites and I love the look. I also do not like colored lights on the GI at all! In my opinion colored GI does not present the original art of the machine in an appropriate manner. Some people add so much colored GI it makes it nauseating to look at, can't tell what the playfield was meant to look like because the lighting is too modified. But to each their own, I have found the CoinTaker Premium Frosted to be VERY BRIGHT, to the point that I would not want anything brighter.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Decat.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-question-4?tu=Decat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.