(Topic ID: 71716)

LED Pinsider discounts...which is best one going this week?

By VolunteerPin

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by jayhawkai
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

I am LEDing 2 1/2 pins in the near future and was wondering if anyone knows what the best pinside discounts are currently. I've used some Ablaze and CT bulbs in the past. I will be needing some no-flicker type bulbs for inserts and a lot of standards for the back boxes and GI.

Thanks for the input.

#2 5 years ago

Comet pinball...the are similar CT, but cheaper. 25 and 100 pack discounts on most styles too. I have them in several games.....work great!

#3 5 years ago

I can put in a plug for Comet's bulbs as well. Just did one machine with nearly 100% Comet bulbs and am very, very happy. I love Cointaker too, but saw a review and thought I would give Comet a try. Give them a try....

#4 5 years ago

Nifty LED niftyled.com 10% Code THXPINSIDE

#5 5 years ago

I could be wrong but I thought I saw cointaker was going to run a black friday special. I know they have a permanent 10% discount code for pinsiders (pinside10). I've been very happy with their products I have them in all of my pins.

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from amalongi:

I can put in a plug for Comet's bulbs as well. Just did one machine with nearly 100% Comet bulbs and am very, very happy. I love Cointaker too, but saw a review and thought I would give Comet a try.

I want to try some of the Comet bulbs but all their "unique" ones that I want are out of stock and sounds like 3-4 weeks before they may be available again.

#7 5 years ago

Where have I been. I've placed 2 orders for led's through Cointaker and did not realize they give a 10% discount if you use the discount code "pinside10". I need to pay attention.....

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from bemmett:

I want to try some of the Comet bulbs but all their "unique" ones that I want are out of stock and sounds like 3-4 weeks before they may be available again.

Indeed, the response has been overwhelming.....16 hour days....We have sold out temporarily of many stock and unique items, Yes, many will restock in 3-4 weeks. Our updated Op Max, will be in, an assortment of New Flashers are on order after approval in Testing. Our Long awaited Retros have arrived and are up.
    A little hard to predict whether 1000, 5,000 or 10,000 is enough to stock. After 2 shows, we got cleaned out.
    My apologies...growing pains..but we will stock more!

If there was a specific bulb Bemmett, you wanted to try, send me a PM, and Ill see if there are some loose to send
    to you on me.

Rest assured that this is temporary, and all will be stocked at higher levels, along with not only all the new and
    exclusive bulbs we have, but many many more neat things to come.

I might recommend signing up on the website as well, even if not placing an order to get the heads up emails coming
    of early sales, and special deals ahead of the more formal announcements.

Thanks for your patience.

Happy Thanksgiving all...I need some rest..

Art
    cometpinball

#10 5 years ago

I had the pleasure of meeting Art at the SPF this past weekend in Orlando. Great guy, great products and great pricing. I for one will wait for his order to come in.

#11 5 years ago

Art is wonderful! I purchased hundreds of bulbs and done several machines now with Comet Bulbs! They are fantastic!

#12 5 years ago

+10 on Art is a great guy. I am on machine #5 with all Comet bulbs. The are inexpensive and look great.

#13 5 years ago

This is a game I just restored. All Comet LEDs!

#14 5 years ago

Bought some from CT the other day and got 15% off with pinside15
    44/47 retro warm whites are a good replacement for incandescents.

#15 5 years ago

Anyone used either of these in 44 for GI? Looking for something for under slinghots, inlane guides, etc. and these look very similar:

http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/4s-1s.htm

http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/4-1-smd.htm

#16 5 years ago

The first one are our exclusive in 6.3 V. It is insanely bright. They will be coming in in colors.
    It is 5-5050 3 Chip SMDs....As long as you cant see the bulb, its OK, Dracula, slings, back of JD, STTNG,
    anywhere you want to lighten up to the Max!
    There are also 4/4 for 8-3528 SMD, and a lower profile as well. The lower lights bounce of the playfield, while keeping the 4 facing on the top,

The second link is a lens Super Flux. This is a diffused light, of a different construction.
    Because of the size of the head, you can only install from the playfield size.
    About 30% ore so Less bright then above, because of the diffusion.

They perfect Choice for the Backsplash on a Stern, or GI Slings as well.
    Of course each game is different, each screening of plastics is different not only from game to game, but
    also with reproduction and some NOS, different screening thickness of the white. and of course your eyes...
    Everyone sees these differently.

Art

#17 5 years ago

Thanks for the info. Would an LED on the first one be similar in brightness to a CT superbright?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 24.25
    Lighting - Other
    The MOD Couple
    $ 20.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 19.95
    Apparel - Women
    Pinball Wheezer
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Displays
    GermanGamingSupplies.com
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 40.00
    Lighting - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 269.00
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    € 100.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Dystopian Mods Italia
    $ 20.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 199.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Lit Frames

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside