20160116_123458_(Large)_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
LCDOCD_BreakoutBoard_Cradle_V0.2_(resized).jpg
OCD_Breakout_Board.jpg
IMG_0277-2000.jpg
image.png
IMG_0265-2000.jpg
IMG_0266-2000.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pezpunk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 8 years ago

That video might be the best demo yet of what LED OCD does. Just need to get that GI shored up and then make another video showing the difference between bypass and regular modes.

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from Chrizg:

I have been avoiding this product because once I get one board to try it I know I will have to have them for all my games. The flicker on my AFM's GI with the LEDs is pretty bad. Does one board do both GI and inserts or is it 2 different boards ?

two boards. one for GI, and one for the inserts. Herg has stated that combining the two into a single board wouldn't save much cost or space, unfortunately.

#48 8 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

So do I understand correctly that you don't need the more expensive ghost buster type premium LEDS when you have these boards installed?
If so.. any reccomendactions on the type of bulbs to use?

LED OCD and GI OCD definitely work better with standard LEDs, as opposed to non-ghosting or premiums. the non-ghosting circuitry prevents them from dimming smoothly.

3 weeks later
#98 8 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

Just installed the OCD LED on my BOP and everything works perfectly but when I installed the GI LED boards, everything works except the helmet lights. Could it be that the boards don't support it?

Use the software -- I think I remember strings 4 and 5 are set to "off" out of the box or something like that?

Also, try turning the bulbs around in the helmet. Polarized bulbs have to be in the correct way under GI OCD, unlike the stock setup. When Herg installed a test one in my STTNG, my shields weren't working. He thought his board had a problem, but eventually we figured out that all 6 bulbs just happened to be in backwards, heh.

#100 8 years ago

Hey my chances were 1 in 64 with the shields, and I hit that jackpot.

1 month later
#159 8 years ago
Quoted from DrScoops:

I know that the recommendation is to use regular LEDs with this, but is there a specific brand/type that seems to work best or is the best bang for buck?

Anything works. Standard LEDs work slightly better than "non ghosting" LEDs.

1 week later
#164 8 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Really considering ordering Ledocd for my sttng. Led are a little harsher than I would like and the game definitely needs led.
Anyone with sttng / Ledocd experience?

haha YES and i gotta say go for it! i recommend GI OCD too -- the shield banana inserts are a GI string, and they dim relative to your shield power level during Borg Multiball. you lose that feature without GI OCD, as well as other dimming effects like the red alert siren and the video mode.

i brought my STTNG to MAGFest last weekend and people complimented me constantly, amazed at how the lighting rivaled its modern Stern LE counterpart. a huge part of that is LED OCD and GI OCD.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 29.95
$ 145.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 12.95
$ 132.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 1,059.00
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 14.95
$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Gameroom - Decorations
pinballmod

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

9,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bartlett, IL
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pezpunk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-ocd-im-sold?tu=pezpunk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.