20160116_123458_(Large)_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
LCDOCD_BreakoutBoard_Cradle_V0.2_(resized).jpg
OCD_Breakout_Board.jpg
IMG_0277-2000.jpg
image.png
IMG_0265-2000.jpg
IMG_0266-2000.jpg
There are 194 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 8 years ago

You might not even feel the need to customize anything on TSPP either. Had one in mine and it was solid out of the box.

#152 8 years ago

I agree...

It looks great.

Might have to buy another for my POTC now

1 week later
#153 8 years ago

I just installed LED OCD on my POTC. What a difference! What a great product! The videos don't do it justice. Thanks Herg!

#154 8 years ago

Dannnng, that was easy. Ordered Sunday night, found it in the mailbox today (Wednesday) and installed it while waiting for dinner to cook... took ten or so minutes because I didn't wanna rush doing it the first time. And WOW, what a difference.

#155 8 years ago
Quoted from bstyles:

Here's prototype v0.2 from the CNC machine....
Mounts to the center of the three carriage bolts of the right backbox hinge on B/W machines.
Figure that milling Starboard is a hell of a lot cheaper to experiment with than 3D printing anything...
Comments? Suggestions?

LCDOCD_BreakoutBoard_Cradle_V0.2_(resized).jpg

Any update on this?

#156 8 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

Any update on this?

Hey Jam.
Not much to update. Product works as intended. Doesn't seem to be a big need. I'm using them in my pins. Will work with Herg to offer in future. Could probably accommodate a few direct orders if you really wanted some.

#157 8 years ago

Ordered 3 more LED OCD for Williams today. I cannot say how pleased I am with this product. If you're on the fence about this product there is no need to be. Thanks Herg!

#158 8 years ago

I know that the recommendation is to use regular LEDs with this, but is there a specific brand/type that seems to work best or is the best bang for buck?

#159 8 years ago
Quoted from DrScoops:

I know that the recommendation is to use regular LEDs with this, but is there a specific brand/type that seems to work best or is the best bang for buck?

Anything works. Standard LEDs work slightly better than "non ghosting" LEDs.

#160 8 years ago
Quoted from DrScoops:

The 5050 SMD frosted are my goto bulb. I buy mine from Comet, but the other guys have their own 5050 bulb. Anything without the non-ghosting circuit will work best.

#161 8 years ago

Thanks Herg, that is exactly what I was asking. I know there are a ton of choices out there, now I have a place to start.

1 week later
#162 8 years ago

Really considering ordering Ledocd for my sttng. Led are a little harsher than I would like and the game definitely needs led.

Anyone with sttng / Ledocd experience?

#163 8 years ago
Quoted from herg:

The 5050 SMD frosted are my goto bulb. I buy mine from Comet, but the other guys have their own 5050 bulb. Anything without the non-ghosting circuit will work best.

I'll add to this the only exception I normally make, which is for orange inserts only. For those, I like the Ablaze quads, in orange. You can dial back the brightness with the LED OCD, which leaves you with a really nice deep orange color.

door_(resized).jpgdoor_(resized).jpg

#164 8 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Really considering ordering Ledocd for my sttng. Led are a little harsher than I would like and the game definitely needs led.

haha YES and i gotta say go for it! i recommend GI OCD too -- the shield banana inserts are a GI string, and they dim relative to your shield power level during Borg Multiball. you lose that feature without GI OCD, as well as other dimming effects like the red alert siren and the video mode.

i brought my STTNG to MAGFest last weekend and people complimented me constantly, amazed at how the lighting rivaled its modern Stern LE counterpart. a huge part of that is LED OCD and GI OCD.

#165 8 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

haha YES and i gotta say go for it! i recommend GI OCD too -- the shield banana inserts are a GI string, and they dim relative to your shield power level during Borg Multiball. you lose that feature without GI OCD, as well as other dimming effects like the red alert siren and the video mode.
i brought my STTNG to MAGFest last weekend and people complimented me constantly, amazed at how the lighting rivaled its modern Stern LE counterpart. a huge part of that is LED OCD and GI OCD.

Thanks a lot Pez! Exactly the nudge I was looking for. I did notice the issue you're talking about in the shields inserts so I've kept them bulbs (the only thing I've kept bulbs). I'm going to start with LED OCD ... Then maybe GI OCD down the line (for budget reasons). thanks again!

#166 8 years ago
Quoted from neurokinetik:

I'll add to this the only exception I normally make, which is for orange inserts only.

Same here, although recently, I'm liking the 2-SMD 2835 rather than the quads.

#167 8 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Ask and ye shall receive. STTNG with GI OCD and LED OCD next to machines without.

And just the STTNG

#168 8 years ago

After reading your post, I had decided to purchase it and OMG, best mod ever! Highly recommend to all pin owners!

@Herg, you can put Shrek as one of the confim list.

#169 8 years ago
Quoted from oogiebooogie:

@Herg, you can put Shrek as one of the confim list.

Thanks.

I'm pretty sure that's the first one to go to Singapore as well. Thanks to Comet Pinball for the assist.

2 weeks later
#170 8 years ago

Just dropped one of these in my Doctor Who. Great product, easily a top 5 mod. Great fast shipping and good instructions.

Didn't even feel the need to program it! Thanks!

#171 8 years ago

still scratching my head over the 10amp main fuse blowing on the LEDOCD GI on my scared stiff. None of the 4 individual fuses blow, but every few days, the 10amp main fuse blows. It isn't when playing. It is usually at power up. Everything is LED. There are a few led mods, but I would think if they were overloading something the individual string fuse would blow rather than the main 10amp. Does the 10amp blow based only on current draw from the 4 gi strings? By chance, could there be the wrong 10amp voltage fuse? it is 10amp, 32v. slo blow.

I don't think anything is shorting out, as it would blow right away. Everything has been converted to LED, so there are no standard bulbs left. thanks! tony c

#172 8 years ago

Did you try unplugging the LED mods & see if it still blows the fuse?

#173 8 years ago

How flexible is the "programming" on this thing, is it just LED intensity or can you trigger new/different lighting effects?

#174 8 years ago
Quoted from acaciolo:

still scratching my head over the 10amp main fuse blowing

How hot are the four bridge transistors getting? 10A 32V slow blow is correct. I could try sending you a replacement board in case there's something wrong with yours.

#175 8 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

How flexible is the "programming" on this thing, is it just LED intensity or can you trigger new/different lighting effects?

It's mainly just setting brightness levels, delays, etc. It's not designed to replace a PIG or anything like that.

#176 8 years ago

I'll try disconnecting the couple of mods and also check the temps. I have an ir thermometer so I'll report back. I did notice something strage on the fuse I just pulled out. it almost looked like a drop of solder at the metal cap on the end of the fuse melted out of the fuse. I'll report back. thanks for the suggestions.

1 year later
#177 6 years ago

Selling my LEDOCD board for a SAM system Stern. Was in my TWD for a few months, very lightly used/like new.

Looking for $85 plus shipping to your location.

Thanks!

#178 6 years ago
Quoted from Xenon75:

Selling my LEDOCD board for a SAM system Stern. Was in my TWD for a few months, very lightly used/like new.
Looking for $85 plus shipping to your location.
Thanks!

Was it a worthwhile addition to a (presumably Pro) TWD?

#179 6 years ago

Oh yes! It really makes the LEDs blink like incandescents. I highly recommend it and would definitely keep it if I were keeping the game. This is the 2nd one I have had, had another in an IMVE.

2 weeks later
#180 6 years ago

In my Funhouse I have Coin Taker non ghosting premiums led's but notice (mainly in the backglass) slight pulsing. Is this because I need the led ocd board?

#181 6 years ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

In my Funhouse I have Coin Taker non ghosting premiums led's but notice (mainly in the backglass) slight pulsing. Is this because I need the led ocd board?

The backglass is GI, so LED OCD will not help it, but GI OCD would.

#182 6 years ago

Anyone out there I can send my led OCD board to to program it? It's for lotr Le. I'd be happy to pay for your time to do so.

#183 6 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

Anyone out there I can send my led OCD board to to program it? It's for lotr Le. I'd be happy to pay for your time to do so.

What do you need done to it? If you're wanting customization, it's going to be really hard to get "right" if it's not in your game in your house.

If you just need defaults programmed, I could walk you through it, or even do it for you if you're completely uncomfortable with computers.

#184 6 years ago
Quoted from herg:

What do you need done to it? If you're wanting customization, it's going to be really hard to get "right" if it's not in your game in your house.
If you just need defaults programmed, I could walk you through it, or even do it for you if you're completely uncomfortable with computers.

Just looking to have the standard lotr program added to it. I'm not all that comfortable with computers and only have a mac. Is it pretty straight forward? I started to get lost in the directions.

#185 6 years ago

There is no special LOTR program. The defaults that ship on it are about the best that can be done without seeing it in a specific game in it's environment.

Having a Mac does make it more of a challenge. You would either need to run a VM type environment, try the web server software, or find a PC to use.

#186 6 years ago
Quoted from herg:

There is no special LOTR program. The defaults that ship on it are about the best that can be done without seeing it in a specific game in it's environment.
Having a Mac does make it more of a challenge. You would either need to run a VM type environment, try the web server software, or find a PC to use.

So it's mostly plug and play? I did put it in the game and notice a difference but thought I needed to load it with software for lotr to get the full effect. I do not need to?

#187 6 years ago

Mine was plug and play. Inserts behave like traditional bulbs, I've slapped about 7 of the boards in my games and they have always looked perfect to me as-is.

#188 6 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

So it's mostly plug and play? I did put it in the game and notice a difference but thought I needed to load it with software for lotr to get the full effect. I do not need to?

I believe the best way to say it would be that it's plug and play, but you can also tweak it if you choose to. It would not seem to be necessary unless you notice a big issue or have a particular thing you want to happen specific to your game

#189 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I believe the best way to say it would be that it's plug and play, but you can also tweak it if you choose to. It would not seem to be necessary unless you notice a big issue or have a particular thing you want to happen specific to your game

That sounds like a good description to me.

#190 6 years ago

Okay cool, I am happy I asked. I thought I had to update the board and that stopped me from ordering additional ones for other games. I hardly have enough time to ever play my games and I try and limit the time I spend modding them. Now that I know its plug and play I'll be ordering some more. Thanks everyone

3 weeks later
#191 6 years ago

Just finished installing a pair of WPC95 LCD OCD / GI OCD boards in my MM/CV as well as a Stern LCD OCD in my TSPP and thought I'd bump the topic for positive feedback.

As discussed in the topic, the change is dramatic enough that you notice it when you turn on the game. TSPP benefited greatly, but the wow factor on the WPC95 system was even better. Starting to play with the different brightnesses now and learning to appreciate what this adds to the depth of customization you can create.

Two out of three pins had a breeze of an install, and I needed some tech support to get around some connection issues I was experiencing on my CV. (All user error)

Great customer service, solid product, easy install, a noticeable impact on the look and feel of the pin.

#192 6 years ago

Perhaps this is a silly question... but does anyone happen to know if adding LCD OCD / GI OCD on default settings (WPC95) would make the machine draw more, less, or the same amount of power?

I'm just not sure I want to add any more mods that will make my machine more power hungry.

#193 6 years ago
Quoted from ufiti:

Perhaps this is a silly question... but does anyone happen to know if adding LCD OCD / GI OCD on default settings (WPC95) would make the machine draw more, less, or the same amount of power?
I'm just not sure I want to add any more mods that will make my machine more power hungry.

The difference is negligible. The boards themselves do use a little bit of power, but it is minuscule compared to how much power the lamps themselves use. The boards also pull their power from the same source as the lamps, so it's not like you're adding extra load on your already stressed 12V source.

On default settings, the lamps are very slightly dimmer and will use a small amount less power, so that also offsets the power used by the board.

#194 6 years ago
Quoted from herg:

The difference is negligible. The boards themselves do use a little bit of power, but it is minuscule compared to how much power the lamps themselves use. The boards also pull their power from the same source as the lamps, so it's not like you're adding extra load on your already stressed 12V source.
On default settings, the lamps are very slightly dimmer and will use a small amount less power, so that also offsets the power used by the board.

Great, that makes sense! Thanks for the response!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 22.50
$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 14.95
$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 145.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 194 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-ocd-im-sold/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.