(Topic ID: 132571)

LED OCD / GI OCD: where to find the best-in-class settings ?

By Leo13

8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by herg
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

Hi,

I was wondering if a database/repository of best in class settings for LED OCD / GI OCD would exist ?
    I have a TZ and IJ with Herg's fantastic boards, but I would like to get the best settings for these games.

FYI, I use Art's (www.cometpinball.com) regular LEDs.

Thanks.

Leo.

#2 8 years ago

This will depend significantly on the LED's you are using, and the game they are in. Here's software can download a template for a given game, which acts as a starting point. And nicely labels the lights. After that, it's a matter of eyeballing it .

#3 8 years ago

You would have to find someone else who has the exact same lamps as you do and hope they are willing to send you the file.

#4 8 years ago

Preference plays such a large part. I set up my OCD to fade even slower than an incandescent. That may not be "best" for you.

#5 8 years ago
    Quoted from SealClubber:

You would have to find someone else who has the exact same lamps as you do and hope they are willing to send you the file.

Even with that, there are factors such as room lighting and personal preference.

My brother and I both owned a Getaway (he still does). I bought the same LEDs for both, and I personally tried tweaking his settings. My settings did not look as good on his machine as the default. Go figure.

If you're not comfortable figuring out your own settings, I would recommend posting about whatever nitpicks you might have. We could then make suggestions on what to try.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-ocd-gi-ocd-where-to-find-the-best-in-class-settings and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.