Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 84 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by alistaircg
  • Topic is favorited by 20 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9b5_(resized).jpg
    3_(resized).jpg
    ledocdwpc_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mac622.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#73 7 years ago

Do you think FH would benefit from a GI-OCD? I'm definitely picking up an LED-OCD for it but the game's been apart for quite some time and haven't played it in months so I can't remember if there are any dimming modes other than when Rudy goes to sleep? Even then I think its only the lamp shade that dims.

#75 7 years ago
    Quoted from jints56:

I don't have FH anymore, but I had an ledocd in it and it was awesome. Works great.....

I plan on getting the LED-OCD for it but was wondering if it would benefit from a GI-OCD

#81 7 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I can chime in here about FH. Did my full restoration last year, and as you might know, Herg's LED OCD goes in all my games. I don't have GI OCD in the FH. The LED OCD looks amazing as usual, but if you really want to pay attention, there is flicker on the GI when it dims (and I'm using ghosting LEDs since LED OCD doesn't work too well with non-ghosting bulbs).
    Is the flicker noticeable? Yes. Do you have to really look for it to notice it? Yes. Nobody who plays that machine comments on the uneven GI, and it really doesn't bother an anal guy like me. That said, I might put it in someday when I'm itching for another mod.
    But there is a LOT of dimming...every time it's midnight!

Thanks Boob! I couldn't remember how much dimming there was at midnight and thought it was just limited to the lamp shade but now that you mention it the whole games does goes pretty dark. It doesn't make sense to cheap out at this point so FH is getting both

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mac622.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-ocd-for-wpc-new-design-and-price-drop?tu=mac622 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.