image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_8689_(resized).JPG
There are 180 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 4 years ago

I still need to zip tie the cables, but does this look correct Herg?

20190921_151954 (resized).jpg20190921_151954 (resized).jpg
#152 4 years ago

Hey Herg, since the thread got bumped I noticed that, for BBB, at one time you need to know how much space there is between the bracket that holds the fluorescent light and the metal backplate. Do you still need to know this?

I happened to have my BBB pulled out this week and had to get into the backbox where I was reminded about how the fit of the LED OCD board semi-interferes with the light. I'd be happy to pull it back out and get that info.

For myself, when I installed the new lamp board I simply didn't tighten the bracket holding the light back down. The bracket is slotted so it's hanging on via the smaller-end of the slot so it can't fall off.

#153 4 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

I still need to zip tie the cables, but does this look correct Herg?[quoted image]

First, I'd recommend getting the standoffs installed across the left side. If the board gets pressed on, they will prevent it shorting against the metal plate.

Second, I can't really see the power and ground connections all that well.

#154 4 years ago

Hmmm my upper right side GI is out, and backbox lights are not coming on (but Flashers are working)...

#155 4 years ago
Quoted from herg:

First, I'd recommend getting the standoffs installed across the left side. If the board gets pressed on, they will prevent it shorting against the metal plate.
Second, I can't really see the power and ground connections all that well.

thanks, I'll get a photo of those and post them up. I believe I have those correct but appreciate the assistance.

The LEDs are operating correctly and the board has them non-flickering (looks great), except for the backbox lights that aren't coming on (flashers are working in the backbox, just not the reg LEDs) and the right upper side isn't lighting up. I'm reseating the cables and looking up the schematics to see where the issue may be.

#156 4 years ago

It appears D2 is not lighting up on LED board, but D1 and D3 are solid as they should be. The other two are blinking slowly as they should.

#157 4 years ago

It sounds like one of the fuses may be blown. Can you check them?

#158 4 years ago

might be interested in one of these also, herg

#159 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

might be interested in one of these also, herg

They're in stock, available from my website.

http://ledocd.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=21

9 months later
#160 3 years ago

I’d be interested in this when you have enough demand to make more. Thanks!

#161 3 years ago

I would be in for one.

#162 3 years ago

I picked up a Pinball Magic recently and would be down for another one as well.

#163 3 years ago

I've been considering what to do with these. I don't sell many, and a batch sits on the shelves, tying up money. If I buy a smaller batch, my cost rises sharply. I also don't have much free time to test and to package the cables. I don't want to permanently discontinue them, but I don't have a good plan for them, either.

#164 3 years ago

I would buy another

For pinball magic

#165 3 years ago

I would be in as well, but only if modified for Breakshot.

#166 3 years ago

Don't get your hopes too high for Breakshot. The existing board might actually work, but half of it would remain completely unused. It would not be cost efficient. I don't have a Breakshot to test in, and I'm really not motivated to develop for what is essentially a new system that includes just one game.

#167 3 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Don't get your hopes too high for Breakshot. The existing board might actually work, but half of it would remain completely unused. It would not be cost efficient. I don't have a Breakshot to test in, and I'm really not motivated to develop for what is essentially a new system that includes just one game.

Rich had one locally - can see if he still has it (it was on location at Mustang Sally's before covid)

#168 3 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Don't get your hopes too high for Breakshot. The existing board might actually work, but half of it would remain completely unused. It would not be cost efficient.

If the existing board works, I don't think anyone would care if half of it was unused for Breakshot. Of course if you had to modify it, I can see where it wouldn't be worth your time.

1 month later
#169 3 years ago

I just wanted to let you Capcom owners know that you talked me into building some more, and they're on the website now. Still nothing for Breakshot, though. Sorry.

10 months later
#170 2 years ago

Is there any particular leds i should be using? Just installed into my airborne but still getting flickering in the GI. Especially on the right hand side under the ramp. I think I am using non ghosting leds in there.

#171 2 years ago

I've just realised that my Airborne B row is not working. When I first installed it wasnt working at all and I realised the fuse was blown. After replacing the fuse the red led stays lit and the "B" row comes on but its as if the ledocd board is not working on that row. Flickering and some inserts staying on.

#172 2 years ago

I responded via email. In short, a blown fuse either means a problem with the game, installation, or possibly the bulbs. The choice of bulbs can sometimes legitimately add up to over 4A if you use really bright ones. Non-ghosting are not recommended. More tests are needed to determine if matrix B now has either column or row transistors that have been damaged.

10 months later
#173 1 year ago
Quoted from Hashman:

Is there any particular leds i should be using? Just installed into my airborne but still getting flickering in the GI. Especially on the right hand side under the ramp. I think I am using non ghosting leds in there.

If you have any incandescent bulbs in the machine, it will blow fuses immediately. They all have to be led including ones in the head.

#174 1 year ago
Quoted from jake35:

If you have any incandescent bulbs in the machine, it will blow fuses immediately. They all have to be led including ones in the head.

Dont know if tgats and Airborne thing but def not true for my Pinball Magic

#175 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Dont know if tgats and Airborne thing but def not true for my Pinball Magic

not sure, but it was an issue on my Airborne. I had cointaker LEDs in the entire machine except the head and it popped a small fuse on the OCD board as soon as powered up. Replaced them with LEDs and never had another issue. I had messaged Herg about it and he knew right away what probably was the cause and asked me if I had replaced all of the incandescents in the entire machine.

#176 1 year ago
Quoted from jake35:

not sure, but it was an issue on my Airborne. I had cointaker LEDs in the entire machine except the head and it popped a small fuse on the OCD board as soon as powered up. Replaced them with LEDs and never had another issue. I had messaged Herg about it and he knew right away what probably was the cause and asked me if I had replaced all of the incandescents in the entire machine.

Weird! I only know because the purple inserts with LEDs never looked good; so left mine incandescent.

#177 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Weird! I only know because the purple inserts with LEDs never looked good; so left mine incandescent.

definitely odd. Capcoms seem to be unique for sure. I have a Big Bang Bar that has the LED OCD board and it is grerat with LEDs, never had an issue with it either.

#178 1 year ago

The fuse, LED, incandescent thing depends on the total of the installed bulbs. If the LEDs are lower current ones, you can likely get away with having some incandescent installed. I've seen a few cases where especially power hungry LEDs have been too much for the default fuse, even with no incandescent installed. When people start installing LED strips, all bets are off.

#179 1 year ago

Hey herg

Have you decided about the Capcom LED OCD boards yet?

Thanks

#180 1 year ago
Quoted from herg:

... When people start installing LED strips, all bets are off.

Gross!

There are 180 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-ocd-for-capcom/page/4?hl=jake35 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.