New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 142013)

LED OCD for Capcom

By herg

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 169 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 58 days ago by herg
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 18 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190921_151954 (resized).jpg
D1CBA4A9-98EF-4116-A01E-7502453191AE (resized).jpeg
6A6538FC-CC00-42CB-B0AC-40083DE53518 (resized).jpeg
090E021D-FE54-46F9-A1F7-64EE4E3D384C (resized).jpeg
EB11B66A-1B79-4DB6-BCBF-017C7495F11C (resized).jpeg
1A6B9981-71E8-4E91-B400-0336F0DD414A (resized).jpeg
IMG_0097 (resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_8689_(resized).JPG

There are 169 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 1 year ago

I still need to zip tie the cables, but does this look correct Herg?

20190921_151954 (resized).jpg
#152 1 year ago

Hey Herg, since the thread got bumped I noticed that, for BBB, at one time you need to know how much space there is between the bracket that holds the fluorescent light and the metal backplate. Do you still need to know this?

I happened to have my BBB pulled out this week and had to get into the backbox where I was reminded about how the fit of the LED OCD board semi-interferes with the light. I'd be happy to pull it back out and get that info.

For myself, when I installed the new lamp board I simply didn't tighten the bracket holding the light back down. The bracket is slotted so it's hanging on via the smaller-end of the slot so it can't fall off.

#153 1 year ago
Quoted from jake35:

I still need to zip tie the cables, but does this look correct Herg?[quoted image]

First, I'd recommend getting the standoffs installed across the left side. If the board gets pressed on, they will prevent it shorting against the metal plate.

Second, I can't really see the power and ground connections all that well.

#154 1 year ago

Hmmm my upper right side GI is out, and backbox lights are not coming on (but Flashers are working)...

#155 1 year ago
Quoted from herg:

First, I'd recommend getting the standoffs installed across the left side. If the board gets pressed on, they will prevent it shorting against the metal plate.
Second, I can't really see the power and ground connections all that well.

thanks, I'll get a photo of those and post them up. I believe I have those correct but appreciate the assistance.

The LEDs are operating correctly and the board has them non-flickering (looks great), except for the backbox lights that aren't coming on (flashers are working in the backbox, just not the reg LEDs) and the right upper side isn't lighting up. I'm reseating the cables and looking up the schematics to see where the issue may be.

#156 1 year ago

It appears D2 is not lighting up on LED board, but D1 and D3 are solid as they should be. The other two are blinking slowly as they should.

#157 1 year ago

It sounds like one of the fuses may be blown. Can you check them?

#158 1 year ago

might be interested in one of these also, herg

#159 1 year ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

might be interested in one of these also, herg

They're in stock, available from my website.

http://ledocd.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=21

9 months later
#160 3 months ago

I’d be interested in this when you have enough demand to make more. Thanks!

#161 3 months ago

I would be in for one.

#162 3 months ago

I picked up a Pinball Magic recently and would be down for another one as well.

#163 3 months ago

I've been considering what to do with these. I don't sell many, and a batch sits on the shelves, tying up money. If I buy a smaller batch, my cost rises sharply. I also don't have much free time to test and to package the cables. I don't want to permanently discontinue them, but I don't have a good plan for them, either.

#164 3 months ago

I would buy another

For pinball magic

#165 3 months ago

I would be in as well, but only if modified for Breakshot.

#166 3 months ago

Don't get your hopes too high for Breakshot. The existing board might actually work, but half of it would remain completely unused. It would not be cost efficient. I don't have a Breakshot to test in, and I'm really not motivated to develop for what is essentially a new system that includes just one game.

#167 3 months ago
Quoted from herg:

Don't get your hopes too high for Breakshot. The existing board might actually work, but half of it would remain completely unused. It would not be cost efficient. I don't have a Breakshot to test in, and I'm really not motivated to develop for what is essentially a new system that includes just one game.

Rich had one locally - can see if he still has it (it was on location at Mustang Sally's before covid)

#168 3 months ago
Quoted from herg:

Don't get your hopes too high for Breakshot. The existing board might actually work, but half of it would remain completely unused. It would not be cost efficient.

If the existing board works, I don't think anyone would care if half of it was unused for Breakshot. Of course if you had to modify it, I can see where it wouldn't be worth your time.

1 month later
#169 58 days ago

I just wanted to let you Capcom owners know that you talked me into building some more, and they're on the website now. Still nothing for Breakshot, though. Sorry.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D MODS
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 139.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
York, PA
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
There are 169 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside