(Topic ID: 349340)

LED OCD advice

By nwpinball

6 months ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 months ago

I picked up a couple LED OCD and OCD GI boards recently and I'm wondering what games you think they'd have the most impact on! I put 2 LED OCDs in my Addams Family and Star Trek the Next Generation, I have one left and two of the LED GI boards. My remaining games I've converted to LEDs are: Bram Stoker's Dracula, World Cup Soccer, Revenge from Mars, Bride of Pinbot 2.0, Creature, Ripley's, Terminator 2 and Fish Tales.

#2 6 months ago

GI OCD is good in both TAF and STTNG. In TAF, the lights dim and brighten during Seance. In STTNG, there's a similar effect when you're aiming the left cannon at the start of Borg MB, and also the shields will dim as you take hits during multiball. I can't believe I waited so many years to install it.

I've not seen it in the other games you listed so can't comment.

#3 6 months ago

Putting one in Ripleys made a world of difference to me.

#4 6 months ago

Put GI and LED OCD boards in my Funhouse when restoring it as it has dimming light effects when the clock hits midnight and without these boards, specifically the GI one, LED’s will not dim. The LED 9one makes it to where you don’t have to worry about buying non-ghosting LED’s.

Oh and there is a ton of customization for any specific insert\LED and adjusting the brightness of the GI.

1 week later
    #5 6 months ago
    Quoted from Pinball_Eddie:

Put GI and LED OCD boards in my Funhouse when restoring it as it has dimming light effects when the clock hits midnight and without these boards, specifically the GI one, LED’s will not dim. The LED 9one makes it to where you don’t have to worry about buying non-ghosting LED’s.
    Oh and there is a ton of customization for any specific insert\LED and adjusting the brightness of the GI.

Doing a funhouse now. About to order lighting. Do you need both ocds or just the GI, as sold in the FunHouse kit from Comet?

#6 6 months ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

I picked up a couple LED OCD and OCD GI boards recently and I'm wondering what games you think they'd have the most impact on! I put 2 LED OCDs in my Addams Family and Star Trek the Next Generation, I have one left and two of the LED GI boards. My remaining games I've converted to LEDs are: Bram Stoker's Dracula, World Cup Soccer, Revenge from Mars, Bride of Pinbot 2.0, Creature, Ripley's, Terminator 2 and Fish Tales.

With your two GI boards, I would recommend Addams Family and Creature. If you do this, do remember to go into the settings and make sure that the setting to allow GI dimming is turned on...as most people turn it off when installing LEDs in the GI.

For the final OCD insert board...Ripleys isn't an option if you have the WPC board. I'd vote for Fish Tales, although the difference will probably be subtle.

#7 6 months ago
    Quoted from Lodi:

Doing a funhouse now. About to order lighting. Do you need both ocds or just the GI, as sold in the FunHouse kit from Comet?

Our OCD kits at Comet only include the OCD board for the inserts. So if you want the GI board, which is a great add-on for Funhouse in particular, you can add that separately.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.