7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 763 posts
  • 159 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by MustangPaul
  • Topic is favorited by 123 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 24 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20150906_004712.jpg
    20150307_175823.jpg
    20150307_212411.jpg
    20140905_184450.jpg
    260112-i.jpg
    Untitled-917.png
    Untitled-912.png
    IMG_6153.JPG
    IMG_4460.JPG
    4.jpg
    LOTR.png
    no-ghost change.jpg
    LED OCD Ramp Example (No-Ghost).png
    LED OCD Ramp Example (Standard).png
    IMG_7520.JPG
    Hasselhoff-Drunk.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tjsynkral.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#245 6 years ago

Can this be used on GI in games like CFTBL and CV to fix the flickering in GI dimming? I prefer the inserts stay as-is with LEDs (instant on-off) but for the GI the dimming flickers too much.

#247 6 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

If it's controlled by the lamp matrix, yes. I was wondering this myself for a JM I'm working on - seems like almost ALL of the GI is controlled.

It's not in the regular lamp matrix, the circuits are actually listed under the solenoid table.

#250 6 years ago

Starting to think my only option to beat this dimming problem is to yank my LEDs from GI and go back to incandescent. I didn't mind doing it for CV, but I really like cool white LEDs in CFTBL...

#263 6 years ago

I'm going to try the Optiflux in my CFTBL dimming GI. I found a video on YouTube, it looks good, although the camera or YouTube may hide the flickering. I'll let you know how it works out.

#266 6 years ago

Here's the verdict:

Optiflux is a flop for GI dimming. I wouldn't recommend buying these for a machine with dimming, unless your eyes can't see flickering (and if so, why are you spending extra to buy these?).

I posted a high speed video of how they look in my CFTBL compared with Cointaker and incandescent. Looks about the same as Cointaker, for a higher price. The only good thing I can say is they don't ghost like Cointakers do (you can see it in the CREATURE letters at the top, R and E are Optiflux). I'm hoping the vendor is at least classy about taking them back.

Does anyone have experience with Noflix? Are those any better in this situation? The shipping is a bit too much for me to experiment with those.

#268 6 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Since you have a High Speed camera ever thought about doing some gameplay?
    ยป YouTube video

My camera only gives me about 5 seconds of high speed per shot.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tjsynkral.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside