7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 763 posts
  • 159 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by MustangPaul
  • Topic is favorited by 123 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 24 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20150906_004712.jpg
    20150307_175823.jpg
    20150307_212411.jpg
    20140905_184450.jpg
    260112-i.jpg
    Untitled-917.png
    Untitled-912.png
    IMG_6153.JPG
    IMG_4460.JPG
    4.jpg
    LOTR.png
    no-ghost change.jpg
    LED OCD Ramp Example (No-Ghost).png
    LED OCD Ramp Example (Standard).png
    IMG_7520.JPG
    Hasselhoff-Drunk.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swampfire.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#192 6 years ago

I have mine installed in CSI, but haven't had time to play with the settings. I did notice that when I created a .CSV file using Excel, bad things happened. What's bad about this is that when the CSV file is "bad", the board's operation appears to be flaky. For example, Manual mode didn't work at all. I had no such problems when I used the "-Undefined Stern" .csv file, modified using Notepad. So I blame Microsoft. I'm not complaining; this is just a heads-up to others who need to define a new data file.

One enhancement I'd like to see is the ability to quickly toggle between the current settings and a "passthrough mode", which emulates taking the LEDOCD out of the circuit (or better yet, actually takes it out of circuit). It would make it easier to do A/B comparisons.

I plan to do a video review soon.

2 weeks later
    #244 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

If somebody has commented on this already I apologize, but can somebody chime in on the difference between using this board with standard LEDs and using premium non-ghosting LEDs without the board? In other words, if I already have a bunch of non-ghosting LEDs in my inserts, would I see any difference if I installed this and went back to standard LEDs. I know that LED OCD allows much more precise control of lights, but I'm more referring to the fading effects.

Yes, LEDOCD will definitely still help here, because "non-ghosting" is not the same as "flicker-free".

#246 6 years ago
    Quoted from tjsynkral:

Can this be used on GI in games like CFTBL and CV to fix the flickering in GI dimming? I prefer the inserts stay as-is with LEDs (instant on-off) but for the GI the dimming flickers too much.

If it's controlled by the lamp matrix, yes. I was wondering this myself for a JM I'm working on - seems like almost ALL of the GI is controlled.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swampfire.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside