(Topic ID: 29684)

FS: LED OCD - Eliminate LED flicker/strobe/ghost - Control brightness

By herg

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5703E8D3-F92F-45D6-B6F5-4CC9794E3587 (resized).jpeg
    F09AB0F2-439F-49A9-9CD6-95B2E440C3EB (resized).jpeg
    AA6FAB3A-28EA-422F-913F-939E053D861F (resized).jpeg
    20150906_004712.jpg
    20150307_175823.jpg
    20150307_212411.jpg
    20140905_184450.jpg
    260112-i.jpg
    Untitled-917.png
    Untitled-912.png
    IMG_6153.JPG
    IMG_4460.JPG
    4.jpg
    LOTR.png
    no-ghost change.jpg
    LED OCD Ramp Example (No-Ghost).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sealclubber.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 11 years ago

Thank you for this mod. And thank you for the side by side comparison. I never truly understood some of the issues people have with LEDs because it didn't bother me enough to notice or just didn't know what to look for.
    I hope someone near me buys one. I would like to test it in my Corvette to see if it fixes an issue I have in the rollover lanes during the skill shot.

1 year later
    #490 9 years ago

How do you quickly switch the LED OCD on and off? I just installed it in my Spiderman and don't notice a difference. I am not sure if I installed the software settings incorrectly or I am just not noticing a difference due to using premiums. (I plan to change those few fading Villain mode inserts to normal Supers.) I did select Spiderman in the drop down window.

#493 9 years ago

OK. That makes sense. I thought the game name loaded a premade profile.

1 week later
    #507 9 years ago

I swapped out my CT Premiums with normal Supers in my Spider Man and it is waaaayyy better now. I was getting bad strobing with the Premiums even with the 40% B1 setting. The strobing is pretty much gone and the lamps ramp correctly now. Looks great! Totally recommend this product but don't recommend using premiums with it.

1 month later
    #585 9 years ago

Sterns and WPC take different boards so you cannot use one in the other.

#587 9 years ago

Here is my experience with the non-ghosting LEDs and the LED OCD board. On my Stern games, the non-ghosting LEDs had an annoying flicker/strobing. On my WPC games, the non-ghosting looked fine but they would come on a fraction of a second slower than the others. Other people may have other experiences.

#592 9 years ago
    Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

Sounds like you need to tweak out your LED OCD in your Stern that have with non-ghosting, since the entire idea of this idea is to not have flicker, at all.

It was easier to just replace the bulbs with regular LEDs.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sealclubber.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-ocd-advanced-lamp-controller-shipping-with-wait-list?tu=sealclubber and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.