(Topic ID: 29684)

FS: LED OCD - Eliminate LED flicker/strobe/ghost - Control brightness

By herg

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5703E8D3-F92F-45D6-B6F5-4CC9794E3587 (resized).jpeg
    F09AB0F2-439F-49A9-9CD6-95B2E440C3EB (resized).jpeg
    AA6FAB3A-28EA-422F-913F-939E053D861F (resized).jpeg
    20150906_004712.jpg
    20150307_175823.jpg
    20150307_212411.jpg
    20140905_184450.jpg
    260112-i.jpg
    Untitled-917.png
    Untitled-912.png
    IMG_6153.JPG
    IMG_4460.JPG
    4.jpg
    LOTR.png
    no-ghost change.jpg
    LED OCD Ramp Example (No-Ghost).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider judremy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#529 9 years ago

Herg:

I have a wh2o that the GI pulses when both flippers are pressed. Almost like a blink of the GI. Would the. GI OCD board help with that. I get 4.93V to the board and I have all LEDs in the machine.

#534 9 years ago
    Quoted from herg:

I can't confidently answer that question since it depends on what the cause of your problem is.
    First, 4.93V to where? Are you talking about the 5V digital power? If so, it's unrelated. Is it all of the GI, or just a string (or multiple strings)?
    If the flippers firing are dragging down the GI voltage enough that you see the GI blink, especially if it's LEDs, you have other problems.
    It could, however, be a poor connection somewhere or a problem with your power driver board. Since the GI OCD completely bypasses the power driver board, it could actually eliminate blinks due to some of those sorts of problems.

The 4.93V was at the 5V test point on the power driver board where the GI plugs into. It is the entire GI. You can see the backbox blink the same way. I am going to try reseating the GI cables in the backbox.

Also, what would I need to do to have the lights above the machine use this as well? The waterfall ones.

#537 9 years ago
    Quoted from herg:

5V on TP2, J114, or J117 would all be unrelated to GI blinking.
    If all of them blink at the same time, it's most likely a problem with the input power connector, J115. Another less likely possibility would be that the input voltage is getting pulled down due to flippers drawing more power than expected. GI OCD might help with the first problem, but you shouldn't buy it expecting it to.
    I'm not terribly familiar with how the topper lights are controlled, but I believe it's a separate board, similar to the ramps in CFTBL. In that case, the original controller board would likely need modifications to do what you want.

I know we are just brainstorming, but how would the flippers both being pressed at the same time be related to J115?

I want to get a board for my LOTR to switch it to LEDs at some point, but if this could get rid of the blinking I am seeing on my WH2O GI, that would be better and more needed.

1 week later
    #550 9 years ago

Herg,

I just bought an LED OCD for my LOTR and wanted to know if you have any special settings for the Palantir with using the Palantir v5 that jrobinso99 made. Switching it all to LEDs soon...

Also, does this do anything for flashers?

3 weeks later
    #562 9 years ago

Finally got my LOTR programmed up a bit. I have a few questions for Herg:
    1. Any chance you can do some minor changes to the interface for thr LED OCD application?
    A. Add A column for insert color? Such as the color of the plastic insert in the playfield. This would be useful if you wanted to set all <insert color here> inserts to a certain setting.
    B. Can you add scroll bars if the window is too small? The only laptop I have runs at a Max resolution of 1024 x 768. Everything on the right side is cut off. You have to use the arrow keys on the keyboard to use the right most drop lists. It seriously hampers the usage. I know I should get a new laptop, but I just got laid off and can't afford one right now.
    C. Is there a shared place we can upload configurations to share?

Other than that, I think this thing is great!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider judremy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-ocd-advanced-lamp-controller-shipping-with-wait-list?tu=judremy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.