(Topic ID: 29684)

FS: LED OCD - Eliminate LED flicker/strobe/ghost - Control brightness

By herg

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5703E8D3-F92F-45D6-B6F5-4CC9794E3587 (resized).jpeg
    F09AB0F2-439F-49A9-9CD6-95B2E440C3EB (resized).jpeg
    AA6FAB3A-28EA-422F-913F-939E053D861F (resized).jpeg
    20150906_004712.jpg
    20150307_175823.jpg
    20150307_212411.jpg
    20140905_184450.jpg
    260112-i.jpg
    Untitled-917.png
    Untitled-912.png
    IMG_6153.JPG
    IMG_4460.JPG
    4.jpg
    LOTR.png
    no-ghost change.jpg
    LED OCD Ramp Example (No-Ghost).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#569 9 years ago

Has anybody had any experience with one of these in a Congo? And when will they be back in stock?

1 month later
    #604 9 years ago

I'm just bumping this because Herg joins my list of people who do a great service to this hobby. Awesome customer service, and he's patient with idiots (me). If you haven't gotten this, you should. Awesome product, and an awesome guy. Thanks again, Harold! You can look forward to dealing with my idiocy again in the future...

#605 9 years ago

Installed the unit in my Congo, and I want Herg and everyone else to know that you can move it into the "known to work with" column. What a fantastic mod...now I don't twitch when I go into multiball and the whole playfield strobes. Harold...you're a genius. And I'll be buying another one for my next WPC95 game! Thanks again for your patience with me.

3 weeks later
    #634 9 years ago
    Quoted from herg:

I agree the cost is relatively high, but I've done everything I can to keep it as low as possible without sacrificing quality, flexibility, etc. If it ends up being more expensive that a particular person is willing to spend, that's their decision to make.

And it's worth every damn penny. So's the customer service!

1 month later
    #663 9 years ago

Herg is a god among men. He was right there for me when I had a problem getting my LEDOCD working. Looking forward to buying another one for IJ!

#664 9 years ago

Speaking of which...when do you plan to get more WPC LEDOCD boards in stock?

1 week later
    #673 9 years ago

Just ordered another board. Woo-hoo!

10 months later
    #711 8 years ago
    Quoted from zucot:

Anyone try this with an IJ yet?

Yes. I have it controlling the LEDs in my inserts and it's awesome. Highly recommended. (I kept incandescent GI because it keeps the retro feel...I felt LEDs were too yellowy and bright.)

#715 8 years ago

Herg's pretty OCD about shipping times. (Did you catch what I did there?)

#717 8 years ago
    Quoted from Coyote:

Yeah! To expand on that, I wasn't expecting to receive it and the GI board until later this week. However, last night I was pleased as punch when the usps site said I'd get it today - a day home from the office. Just my luck then, when the mail didn't arrive at 10am like usual.. Instead st 730 - 8pm.. I was only able to get the OCD in, software installed, to mess with it for a few minutes before having to call it a day. I still have to get the GI in now...!

Enjoy. You'll be lucky you have only 2 machines in your collection, because once you get one of these, you get them for every machine.

1 week later
    #736 8 years ago
    Quoted from resipsa:

apoligize if this is a dumb question, but does this make any difference during gameplay? Seems like all the videos are of attract mode.

I'll tell you what: if you buy a board and put it in and hate it, I'll buy it from you. But I'm pretty sure I won't need to hold my breath waiting to buy yours...

Incredible mod.

5 years later
    #772 3 years ago

The difference in lighting is pretty astonishing after installing the LED OCD and GI OCD. I put it in every game that I converted to LED...I could never go back to that blinky ghosting crap.

#775 3 years ago
    Quoted from Viperbsd:

So if the game already has non-ghosting led’s throughout there is no benefit to add the LED OCD board ?

LEDs are an instant on/off by nature. The LED OCD board makes them power on and off more like incandescent bulbs. It's a quick and subtle change, but once you see it, you can't unsee it...and you can't go back to the harsh on/off of before.

#779 3 years ago

It works well for any game, new or old. Try it out and you'll see!

1 week later
    #826 3 years ago
    Quoted from Coyote:

Thanks, Unrelated, ex-wife's family came over, despite the pandemic and all, and I was stressed yesterday.

See...NOW you sound like a dick.

Hope all is well with you...this COVID shit sure can crap on your day.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-ocd-advanced-lamp-controller-shipping-with-wait-list?tu=beelzeboob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.