(Topic ID: 29684)

FS: LED OCD - Eliminate LED flicker/strobe/ghost - Control brightness

By herg

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5703E8D3-F92F-45D6-B6F5-4CC9794E3587 (resized).jpeg
    F09AB0F2-439F-49A9-9CD6-95B2E440C3EB (resized).jpeg
    AA6FAB3A-28EA-422F-913F-939E053D861F (resized).jpeg
    20150906_004712.jpg
    20150307_175823.jpg
    20150307_212411.jpg
    20140905_184450.jpg
    260112-i.jpg
    Untitled-917.png
    Untitled-912.png
    IMG_6153.JPG
    IMG_4460.JPG
    4.jpg
    LOTR.png
    no-ghost change.jpg
    LED OCD Ramp Example (No-Ghost).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TigerLaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#760 3 years ago

I’m looking for something to reduce flicker on a Shrek pinball. Is this the right type of product and will it work on a Stern from 2008? Thanks.

#768 3 years ago

Perfect. Yea, this 2008 Stern needs some help with the lighting. I’ll order the part today. Thanks.

#776 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinRob:

Anyone recommend LEDOCD for a IMVE Iron Man VE?

That game came with LEDs from the factory so I would think it doesn’t need it?

#777 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinRob:

Anyone recommend LEDOCD for a IMVE Iron Man VE?

Quoted from TigerLaw:

That game came with LEDs from the factory so I would think it doesn’t need it?

My own answer to this question above has me wondering if I need LEDOCD for my Tron Pro? It’s flicker is not near as bad as Shrek’s...but it does suffer from a bit of flicker as it was designed for incandescent bulbs...

#783 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

An LED OCD board for any game that was compatible was 100% mandatory for me. It adds a beautiful layer of dimming and fading effect during play and during attract.
    Buy one, see the difference, and get ready to add them to your other games.

Got it. It looks like it is the exact same one for the Tron Pro.

So, basically, what you are saying is I’m going to end up getting this for my TZ, TAF, and BSD as well? I hadn’t noticed any flicker with those, but I’ve not really been lookin for it. The flicker is off the chain on Shrek.

#788 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

I rarely say trust me, but trust me.

Alright bro, I ordered four of these today based on your suggestion (you are officially an influencer). Shrek, Tron, TZ, and BSD are all about to get the upgrade. We will see how this mod does.

#792 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

Be sure to report back on the results!

Absolutely will.

Thanks for all the assistance and help with the questions yesterday gang. When I bumped this years old thread I was worried there would be no feedback.

#801 3 years ago
    Quoted from qbass187:

I’ve been reading through this thread and I’m a little confused as to what the difference was between the LEDOCD board & the GI OCD board... I’m thinking of picking some up for the LED ghosting in my TZ & CFTBL pins but I’m not sure which of the 2 (or both) will do what I need.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!!

Quoted from Coyote:

LEDOCD - handles Insert and controlled lamps.
    GIOCD - handles GI lamps.

If your budget is limited, get LEDOCD first. If not, get both.

I'm confused on this point as well, where do you get the GI board? I'm mostly concerned with the inserts, not the GI...but frankly there are some games where the GI is almost as important as the inserts when it comes to flicker. Which one of these controls flashers (not that that would really matter for flicker...just curious)?

#806 3 years ago

I just want to thank herg He recognized by my comments in this thread that I had purchased the wrong item and fixed it for me before shipping out. Great customer service and super observant fellow. Thanks!

#808 3 years ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

I always knew I was losing fade effects but felt it was worth the added benefits of leds. I felt like the game looked better in the end so called it good enough. It wasn't until I saw the OCD boards in action that I realized how much better these games look with proper fade effects. They also fix all the issues with leds like ghosting and flickering. My Fish Tales had horrible ghosting problems that drove me crazy. Boards just fixed everything. Love them!

Gosh, now I’m thinking I need to get some of these OCD boards for the GI too... I’ll wait to see how they do on the inserts, but I’m one that never really realized I was missing out on dimming effect in my WMS games...

#813 3 years ago
    Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

GI OCD isn’t for SAM games - SM and IM don’t do GI effects other than on or off.
    There’s ‘GIzmo’ which softens that ON/OFF relay bit, but it’s nothing particularly sophisticated (no offence intended to its creator). Helps with games like TRON when the GI goes apeshit when you hit a spinner during Zeus (i think?)

But Tron is an SAM game?

Does the GI OCD help with Twilight Zone, Doctor Who, TAF, and BSD? If so, which one does it help the most? I’m tempted to go ahead and order one to test now. Thanks!

#815 3 years ago
    Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Use basic NOT anti/non ghosting LEDs. I use Comets 2SMD sunlight.

Jodester and Zukboy2002 , please review the posts over the last ten days in this thread and let’s discuss. Thanks!

#818 3 years ago
    Quoted from Coyote:

As a followup - rereading my post, I sound like a dick. That wasn't intended, honest.

You didn’t sound like a Dick at all. The more broken down you can make this the better. This was an area of pinball I knew close to zero about till I posted in this thread.

#821 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I have not tried one in my DW, I will have to do that

Let us know. I hadn’t noticed the flickering inserts on my DW (not nearly as bad as my Shrek), but I’m very tempted to get the GI board as I remember the dimming effects were more impressive with the incandescent bulbs.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TigerLaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-ocd-advanced-lamp-controller-shipping-with-wait-list?tu=TigerLaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.