(Topic ID: 12720)

LED my Zac for Me...?

By BillinIndiana

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

x_top_PF_targets1.JPG
    DRdevilriders.JPG
    x_ramps_shot_1.JPG
    DRmultiplier.JPG
    DRrogbmG.JPG
    DRrogbmB.JPG
    DRrogbmO.JPG
    x_lower_PF_1.JPG
    Picture_019z.jpg
    #1 12 years ago

I've been thinking about putting LEDs in this Zaccaria Devil Riders and really don't know where to start. I know I should just buy some and play around installing them, but I can't even make up my mind on what to buy.

Any suggestions for this PF ?

Picture_019z.jpgPicture_019z.jpg

#2 12 years ago

I personally would put cointaker regular 90 degree leds in a game this old and color match the inserts.I have tried putting super brights in the older games but just didn't look right and the 90 degree leds worked out great.The price is very reasonable too.

#3 12 years ago

Thanks, excuse me for being a LED Noob, but how much difference is the 90 degree to a regular #44 ? Is it like what's the old saying ? Apples and Oranges?

#4 12 years ago
    Quoted from BillinIndiana:

90 degree to a regular #44

They are really just about the same but the benefit of the leds are no heat and no stress to your connectors or boards.

BTW,if you color match the insert with the led it looks better than a regular bulb.It brings out the color of that insert.

#5 12 years ago
    Quoted from pinmike:

BillinIndiana said:90 degree to a regular #44

They are really just about the same but the benefit of the leds are no heat and no stress to your connectors or boards.
    BTW,if you color match the insert with the led it looks better than a regular bulb.It brings out the color of that insert.

I'm not really to worried about the stress factor.. My games are only on for short periods, couple hrs max..
    There are just so many colors on this DRs that I wanted to make it Pop, but yet not make it look disgusting either..
    BTW, that is an Before pic .. I have clear coated the PF and replaced on the rubbers etc.. FWIW. Now I'm waiting on new flipper bats to be made, so I started wanting to experiment with LEDs ..?
    I guess I just need not to be a cheap ass and order a few to see what I like. Wish Cointakers had a sampler pack.. I thought Pinball Life did, but I don't even see it now that I'm interested.. That's my Luck for ya ! Ha

#6 12 years ago

You might try CT Reto bulbs for areas that are not visible to the bulb, they can be a little bright, but might be good for under plastics with multiple colors. I have them in my games 50% reg 50% retros. Sometimes under slings I need to put on some condom bulb covers to tone them down, but overall I like them. I buy in bulk to save cash, but you could get a hand full to see if you like them.
    Post some pics if you do.

#7 12 years ago

Hi mate

I have LEDs in my DR's an its awesome

as the PF inserts are all "white" you can do what you like

watch the sequencing and go from there

I will take some pics of mine and put them up if they work ok

*I found the PF gi works best with standard bulbs...nice balance

DR

#8 12 years ago

Mes Which Retros.. I see on this page http://shop.cointaker.com/category.sc;jsessionid=75E9CEE5DB0B16A02C0506862E97CAF4.qscstrfrnt05?categoryId=135 Cool and Warm.. What's the difference?

DR.. Yes, please post some pics of your Devil Riders.. I would like to see it..

Thanks for the reply, Bill in Indiana

3 weeks later
    #9 12 years ago

Like to see that DR LED'ed too, devil rider! Please post.

1 month later
    #10 11 years ago

Hi B

heres some LED detail of my Devil Riders* along with some PF reference photos

*hard to get all the lights at once so resolution rather average but the colours are the main thing

*only ABLAZE 3 leds used

white : 20,000 : react outlane inserts : advance multiplier inserts & outside loop rollovers

green : 5x,10x,20X multiplier inserts

red : D E V I L R I D E R S inserts for red special

green, blue, orange : for centre PF orange special inserts

1 red, 2 orange, 2 green, 2 blue, 2 magenta for 1000 - 9000 inverted "rainbow"

colour matched RED Special & Upper PF standups

remainder of G.I lights are incandescent globes

have found this colour scheme works well, particularly during gameplay, to highlight
    the react lane & multiplier status, and brings another dimension to the great light
    sequencing programmed into the gameplay & attract mode

cheers

DR

ps have you resolved a scheme yet? can we see it?

x_lower_PF_1.JPGx_lower_PF_1.JPG DRrogbmO.JPGDRrogbmO.JPG DRrogbmB.JPGDRrogbmB.JPG DRrogbmG.JPGDRrogbmG.JPG DRmultiplier.JPGDRmultiplier.JPG x_ramps_shot_1.JPGx_ramps_shot_1.JPG

#11 11 years ago

and the D E V I L R I D E R S inserts / upper PF standups image

DRdevilriders.JPGDRdevilriders.JPG x_top_PF_targets1.JPGx_top_PF_targets1.JPG

#12 11 years ago

Those look great on the clear inserts. Rarely ever see Zaccaria machines. nice games.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-my-zac-for-me and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.