1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by PinRetail
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

boxer 2 (resized).jpg
    boxer (resized).jpg
    #1 1 year ago

hello everyone, not pinball related, but I know Pinside always guides me in the right direction.
    have a used Glove Kalkomat punching machine and want to put a string of LED lights around the bag when it's up, there's plenty of clearance to do it and you can fish a cord up through the top down the 'post' straight to the main circuit board without showing any wires.

my question is, does anyone know of LED lights that have a harness on the end that would hook into the 6 pronged pic? I don't even know the proper terminology for what that end is called.
    And if anyone is experienced with these machines, would that J14 even work to power lights in the first place?
    any ideas/opinions/advice is appreciated.

boxer (resized).jpgboxer (resized).jpgboxer 2 (resized).jpgboxer 2 (resized).jpg
    #2 1 year ago

Instead of worrying about plugs, there are two brick-style power supplies sitting in the bottom of the board area of the game.

Just take your +12v directly off of the screw terminals of the power supply.

I don't have the schematic handy to find out if J14 has +12v power, but in general the manufacturers of pinballs and other equipment don't provide high-current traces for external devices (lights) to receive power through the board.

When I'm hooking up mods I use a separate power supply, because if the light string shorts out I don't want to replace a possibly unobtainable and likely very expensive board... I want to replace a $12 power supply I can buy on Amazon.

In this case I know that the power supplies in the bottom of the boxer have plenty of capacity to run the lights you want, and if the lights short out and take out the power supply... well, replacing power supplies in the bottom of boxers is a pretty common service call.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-lights-for-kalkomat-boxer- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.